Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll probably be seeing if I've posted anything offensive then report me even though they've never posted in here or the GPTG forum. Atleast that's what happened the other day can't say by who though but you know who you are if your watching.

Yesterday was one of those days you'd write off if you could, was horrid everything that could go wrong went wrong. So was looking forward to chilling out today watching football. But when I got in the missus tells me we are going out to an engagement meal tomorrow at 1pm that I didn't know about. So looks like I'll miss the football ffs :(

Didn't get to sleep until about half 1 and yet I was awake at half 6. Going football later and my neighbour's giving me a lift. I have to decide whether to go down in a bit and get a ticket near where he sits or wait until he goes down and get one then. Got to go up to work soon, well I don't but I will. Also out tonight as well.

They'll probably be seeing if I've posted anything offensive then report me even though they've never posted in here or the GPTG forum. Atleast that's what happened the other day can't say by who though but you know who you are if your watching.

What? Bit of a random piece of input.............

Ahhhh. Didn't seem to marry up, that's all.

I reckon he should post. Bit weird really as I constantly see that he's in the thread, yet never posts.

Quite a few like that, yet they'll report posts when someone says something wrong. Hate people like that especially when they don't even post in this forum at all.

Any lurkers though should just post :brock:

I wish Amir Khan would **** off and stop saying he wants the Hatton Fight. He puts his name forward far to often and is always thinking 2 fights ahead. He should knuckle down and start rebuilding his career of he'll be retired himself in the next year. He shows all his opponents a big lack of respect as he thinks he's better than he actually is. I mean he told Kell Brooke he wasn't in his league and would never fight him yet they are both currently around the same level imo and Kell is slightly better because he can defend and isn't afraid to use a defensive style if needed. He adapts to his opponents which I think all the great fighters do.

I just hope when Kell is world champ next year and Khan throws his name into the hat that he tells him no and he needs to actually earn the shot rather than claiming it.

Do you think Hatton could beat Khan?

Have you seen the latest pathetic main event in the UFC? Stephan Bonnar Vs Anderson Silva can't see anything other than Bonnar getting knocked out.

Give Hatton a couple of fights and he'd beat Khan for sure. Everyone banging on about how Hatton got destroyed by Mayweather and Manny, well that's true but he was still streets ahead of every other fighter in those weight divisions and losing to 2 of the best fighters of our generation is no shame. Although against Manny he just didn't turn up so the manner in which he lost will have hurt him but that'll also spur him on imo. Khan is still nowhere near that level imo and never will be. Khan has lost to 3 average boxers and has zero defence. You can't make the top without some kind of defence as Manny found out earlier in his career and he had to adapt.

An 80% Hatton is still different class to a 100% Khan imo.

UFC really is dissapointing atm, I can't see anything but Bonnar been knocked out either.

I watched the interview on SSN yesterday with Hatton and he seemed proper determined to prove everyone wrong. Hope he does get a fight against Khan and knocks him out. Like Khan for the Olympics in 2004 and at the start of his pro career. But not now.

Oh and football soon :). Also been the talk of work as well.

I watched the interview on SSN yesterday with Hatton and he seemed proper determined to prove everyone wrong. Hope he does get a fight against Khan and knocks him out. Like Khan for the Olympics in 2004 and at the start of his pro career. But not now.

Oh and football soon :). Also been the talk of work as well.

Some uneducated people think he's come back for the money. He has a fortune of £20 + million still, so money isn't the issue. He let himself down and he has a point to prove, I believe hes come back for the right reasons.

Khan is so up himself it defies belief. Every interview he does winds me up.

I love seeing him get smashed and walk around the ring like bambi on ice. Yet each time it happens, he is still not humble about it. Thinks he is the best.

I would like to think hatton walks through him, the only worry I have about hatton is his punch resistance. If those two fought it would be about who gets clocked first.

I'd cry tears of joy if hatton beat him. Hatton one of my all time favourites. Sure he didn't beat may weather , nor has anyone else. And may weather had the ref help him out in that fight.

Khan is so up himself it defies belief. Every interview he does winds me up.

I love seeing him get smashed and walk around the ring like bambi on ice. Yet each time it happens, he is still not humble about it. Thinks he is the best.

I would like to think hatton walks through him, the only worry I have about hatton is his punch resistance. If those two fought it would be about who gets clocked first.

I'd cry tears of joy if hatton beat him. Hatton one of my all time favourites. Sure he didn't beat may weather , nor has anyone else. And may weather had the ref help him out in that fight.

If that fight was in Britain Hatton would have won in my view but although Mayweather is the better fighter by a mile Hatton was against the ref that night too.

Khan always has an excuse. Why can't he just accept defeat rather than blame drugs, trainers, outside interference etc. Just once, please be gracious in defeat and the only person you should blame is yourself.

Who else is on your all time favourites Gechal?

If that fight was in Britain Hatton would have won in my view but although Mayweather is the better fighter by a mile Hatton was against the ref that night too.

Khan always has an excuse. Why can't he just accept defeat rather than blame drugs, trainers, outside interference etc. Just once, please be gracious in defeat and the only person you should blame is yourself.

Who else is on your all time favourites Gechal?

Hatton did so well in that fight. Mayweather was too big for him, mayweather was at his comfortable weight, where hatton spent most of his career at 140. Mayweather had his ref joe Cortez , the same ref who helped him out vs Ortiz. Mayweather had it all his own way, and despite the odds, hatton went out like a warrior.

Regarding my all time favourites. A very good question, made me realise I don't have many! I only go from fights I've seen or can remember seeing at the time. I was too young for the 4 kings in the 80s, so I guess I'd have eubank in there. Used to live his early fights when he would be looking at the camera with that pose he did while the ref would be counting out the other guy.

Lewis and hammed would be in there. But I guess hatton is my all time favourite , after the mayweather loss I was genuinely upset and gutted for the guy. I've never had those feelings towards any sportsman before or since, took me a while to get over it!

A lot of the American/Mexican fighters have passed me by Unfortunatly. But now thanks to the Internet and boxing on the telly, there are a lot of guys I follow and like now.

Cotto, bellew, price, ward, to name a few , but the one who I think is going to be the. Next mega star, canello.

Hatton did so well in that fight. Mayweather was too big for him, mayweather was at his comfortable weight, where hatton spent most of his career at 140. Mayweather had his ref joe Cortez , the same ref who helped him out vs Ortiz. Mayweather had it all his own way, and despite the odds, hatton went out like a warrior.

Regarding my all time favourites. A very good question, made me realise I don't have many! I only go from fights I've seen or can remember seeing at the time. I was too young for the 4 kings in the 80s, so I guess I'd have eubank in there. Used to live his early fights when he would be looking at the camera with that pose he did while the ref would be counting out the other guy.

Lewis and hammed would be in there. But I guess hatton is my all time favourite , after the mayweather loss I was genuinely upset and gutted for the guy. I've never had those feelings towards any sportsman before or since, took me a while to get over it!

A lot of the American/Mexican fighters have passed me by Unfortunatly. But now thanks to the Internet and boxing on the telly, there are a lot of guys I follow and like now.

Cotto, bellew, price, ward, to name a few , but the one who I think is going to be the. Next mega star, canello.

Did you ever see Gatti vs Ward fights? If not I suggest you go and watch them, some of the best fights I have ever seen.

icon1.png

Nick Powell with a debut goal for Man United, got to wait for Tom to get on here so I can ask him how Powell played.

Nice to see him get on the score sheet.