Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I still say the future looks bright for England. I still don't know what Milner offers to the side some of the time. Apart from his never say die attitude.

Watch Milner play on youtube or something and you'll begin to understand how important he is. His final ball is a bit dodgey at times but he offers the team so much. He can defend, pass, break up play, attack, through balls, works none stop. Plus loads more.

Always wished England used him as the DMC, he's have been a great DMC.

Despite the English media claiming Ronaldos unhappiness will mean a move back here Guillem Balague said all he is after is a new contract due to the massive tax hike coming in Spain.

Can't see Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid myself.

Though it was against my lot the other weekend, the combination of Ronaldo and Modric looks impressive for Real Madrid. Their link up play and movement against Granada was awesome. They'll be a massive handful for many teams this season.

I did say some of the time. I do rate him. But sometimes he can be frustrating because he's not a fancy player. Which, I know you don't always need. It just seems from the recent England games I've seen is he struggles on the wing and tries too hard if that makes sense.

Seems to struggle? I think its more a case of you not understanding his role in the team tbh

Seems to struggle? I think its more a case of you not understanding his role in the team tbh
What fancy things? His football is based on simplicity.

I just think he tries too hard sometimes. Like the other night, he tried a few stepovers and didn't get anywhere with it. Sometimes he does things like that when there is no need.

I just think he tries too hard sometimes. Like the other night, he tried a few stepovers and didn't get anywhere with it. Sometimes he does things like that when there is no need.

he didn't have the best of games the other night admittedly but I think that's more to do with how Ox was playing on the other wing. He made it seem like Milner was poor due to the nature he attacks with. It must have been a bad night for Milner though because he doesn't get knocked off the ball that easy normally. But he offers something for England that no other player can.

They did do it through PM. If you read this thread like I do. Or remember pointless crap. Then you'd have seen a post by Cleon last week, saying sent you a PM. SRL said received or something. I'm sure in Cleon's post there was a reference to going out somewhere/meeting up for a drink.

Yes, I remember loads of stuff I don't needt to.

ooooo now hey!!!! No need boy.

That is exactly what it is though :D

They did do it through PM. If you read this thread like I do. Or remember pointless crap. Then you'd have seen a post by Cleon last week, saying sent you a PM. Srl said received or something. I'm sure in Cleon's post there was a reference to going out somewhere/meeting up for a drink.

You are creepy.

Tom hasn't bitten in the slightest. I'm curious as to why you think that? I just don't believe he is average....................I am in no way saying he is the most fantastic player England have, but that first half was the perfect illustration as to why he is in the side. Excellent covering for the fullback, and effective in the final third. Pity Oxlade-Chamberlain hasn't been the same - he's run down blind ally after blind ally, and been sleepy in our defensive third.

And I agree with you actually about Defoe - for a change he was being intelligent.

And I agree with you actually about Defoe - for a change he was being intelligent.

Just the way he headed the ball (as in the direction he was facing and the placement, rather than power) thought he was heading back across.

That was a definite bite...

It definitely was :D