Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, couldn't care less as long as the Derby isn't on at lunchtime the day I go. Really can't stress enough how annoyed I am with my other half for booking our holiday when she did.

Could be a blessing in disguise, remember what happened last time you went on holiday? You got away from the hassle fo loosing the league #justsaying

Yep. A proper footballer. Gerrard is not one.

I always think if he was around in a different era that didn't focus so much on ball retention he would have been considered a world class player. Obviously not now as he's past it, but a few years ago.

I'm watching Belgiums got talent. We don't.

Watching that whilst the football is on? Something's gone horribly wrong in your life. ;)

Have you ever even had a girlfriend Joe?

Yes I have 'even' had a girlfriend, never lived with one though. Can't imagine wanted to make those sacrifices on free time for anyone, spending a fortnight or so with my ex when she visited me at uni was bad enough. I'm glad I'm not tied down now before my time, get to live my life whilst I can. :thup:

Ahhh to be young again, with all those prospects , dreams and possibilities. Yet to be ground down and broken by life.

Don't worry about chasing your dreams, after a while you realise they were pure fantasy anyway , and then you realise just to be content with your lot is the best you can hope for. Most people don't even get to that point.

God aren't they a bunch of moaners in general discussion? If I ran these boards I'd boot most of them out.

Don't worry about chasing your dreams, after a while you realise they were pure fantasy anyway , and then you realise just to be content with your lot is the best you can hope for. Most people don't even get to that point.

What a depressing way to think. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

I achieved my dreams while I was young and with someone. Why do you have to make sacrifices with your time etc? The person I was with at the time (for 10years before it ended) shared with me my dreams and helped me. Isn't that whats supposed to happen?

I guess it depends on how realstic the dreams are to begin with.

Reaching your dreams and doing everything you want in life isn't that great anyway. Leaves you with no goals or nothing to work towards when you've done what you want.

What was your dream?

As Cleon says;

Footballer by any chance?

My tale of woe is worse than SRL's, because I wasn't a knob who thought I was better than everyone else..............

I was on the books of a big club and they thought highly of me, so much so that at the age of 14 I was playing regularly for the under 17's side. By September 2002 when I was not long since 15, I was playing in the under 19's team. It was in just my second appearance for that age group that I got injured hurdling a tackle and slipping on the turf as I landed.

Woe is me, blah, blah, blah, and by 21 I had had four knee operations on the same knee and it now looks a bit like Freddie Krueger after a night on the lash.

You can say out loud what you think, I'm sure I'll cope.

Leeds I'd have presumed hence why you lived there for so long and know Milner as you'd have been in the same teams? Altho I think Milner made his debut in 2002 for first team so maybe not?

Nah I moved to Leeds when I was seven because of my Dads job. I just know him because he was at the Primary School me and my brother went to. I was in the year below them but we always use to be off playing football together and what have you. All still friends now.

I wasn't discovered until I was eleven, and was rather ironically at the blue half...................

Nah I moved to Leeds when I was seven because of my Dads job. I just know him because he was at the Primary School me and my brother went to. I was in the year below them but we always use to be off playing football together and what have you. All still friends now.

I wasn't discovered until I was eleven, and was rather ironically at the blue half...................

City or Owls? If its owls I take everything back, I don't like you :D

Can't imagine wanted to make those sacrifices on free time for anyone, spending a fortnight or so with my ex when she visited me at uni was bad enough. I'm glad I'm not tied down now before my time, get to live my life whilst I can. :thup:

Talk about a dig at people who have settled down.

My tale of woe is worse than SRL's, because I wasn't a knob who thought I was better than everyone else..............

Wow Tom. Cheers for that pep talk :thup:

As long as it wasnt Everton.

What a depressing way to think. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't get me wrong, being content with your lot is just about as good as it gets. How could it be any better? The alternative is being unhappy at your lot. You might be shooting for the stars, and you may get there , but when you do, there is no guarantee you will be happy. Chances are though, that life will get in the way of what you want to do, other things will happen, and you will readjust your goals as you get older. A time will come when you realise you are not going to be able to do everything. That's not depressing it's just realistic. In my experience anyway.

I am 34, still quite young but very settled in my job and my family life. I made a lot of mistakes when I was younger, and had quite a tough start to my 20s. By pure good luck, and a little bit of judgement I find myself where I am now, and feel very lucky. Things are not perfect just yet, but a combination of hard work and time will see us there. I have things to look forward to and goals to reach, and the future is hopefully a bright one.

John Pemberton leaving us to go back to Forest :(

Great news for us :). Genuinely delighted for us. Was great for our reserves a few seasons ago iirc.

I used to play 7-a-side football when I lived in Germany. Was never the fittest player but could read the game well. Moved back over to England and after a year or so. I went to a training session for the local side at my age group and despite scoring 2 goals from midfield. They already had too many players so couldn't take me on. I don't think they would have tbh as it was quite clique. Never really bothered after that tbh.

Great news for us :). Genuinely delighted for us. Was great for our reserves a few seasons ago iirc.

I used to play 7-a-side football when I lived in Germany. Was never the fittest player but could read the game well. Moved back over to England and after a year or so. I went to a training session for the local side at my age group and despite scoring 2 goals from midfield. They already had too many players so couldn't take me on. I don't think they would have tbh as it was quite clique. Never really bothered after that tbh.

What role will he be given? He turned down a managers job few months back and I doubt he'd leave our academy to manage yours when ours is one of the best in the country.