From Young Men to World Beaters

dafuge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick question

are the N Ireland games being played at your stadium yet? cup games etc?

you must have the biggest stadium in N Ireland by now?

They are still using Windsor Park, which is about half the size of our stadium :(

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2048/49

We had a good season last year, but the other clubs didn't. Hopefully this years things would change for the better.

League Table

We lost one again, to Glentoran when the fixtures were piling up.

Domestic Cups - we conceded just two goals, unfortunately one of thoe goals knocked us out of the Irish Cup.

UEFA Super Cup - fairly one sided.

FIFA Club World Cup - a tight game, but we won.

UEFA Champions League - the only shock came in the first knockout match, but we came back in style in the second leg. After that we continued to beat the Spanish opposition before defeating Chelsea in the final.

Glentoran in Europe - three teams finished tied on seven points, Glentoran were unlucky to finish bottom.

Linfield in Europe - they lost in the Champions League playoffs but had a decent run in the Europa League.

Squad - the squad is currently quite large, but there are a number of older player who will be sold in the summer.

Youth Products - Lennon remains the only player able to make the first team.

Transfers - a small profit but this is only the start of the transfers as some of the older players are likely to be sold.

Key Player Profiles:

Hernán Rodríguez - he was brought in as the new hope to score goals, which he did thanks to a great start.

Jason Skinner - he may have only played in the minor matches but his record is impressive.

Flávio - the previous top scorer, who looks to be past his best.

Julián Bellotti - still breaking into the team, but looking great.

Admir Juric - an absolute club legend.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2014/15   Carling Premiership      2nd         Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

Winning is all we can do at the moment as we look to rebuild the squad with younger players.

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 12th in European competitions (3 stars) - down 1

Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Northern Ireland - 84th in FIFA rankings - up 28

Bourneview - 1st in UEFA coefficients - no change

Glentoran - 29th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Linfield - 40th in UEFA coefficients - up 2

Daf do you think there is a chance that you've taken N.I. as far as you can with managing only one club? The other teams really don't seem to be making the progress you have and I wonder if it's time to see you work your magic elsewhere, be it in N.I. or otherwise.........

Daf do you think there is a chance that you've taken N.I. as far as you can with managing only one club? The other teams really don't seem to be making the progress you have and I wonder if it's time to see you work your magic elsewhere, be it in N.I. or otherwise.........

It does seem like things have hit a bit of a ceiling, although I'm determined to keep going to see what happens. The thought of a new stadium in a few years is what is keeping me going at the moment.

Dafuge Park no doubt?! How do you think that will affect things?

Probably, it wouldn't be the first time I've had a new stadium with the same name as the old one :D

I can't see that it will make much difference, it would give us a bit more income but we really don't need it.

I've never been offered it before, but I've been keeping an eye out for the position to become available.

I'm not really sure if managing the national team can help the reputation/standard of the players, but it's worth a go.

I've never been offered it before, but I've been keeping an eye out for the position to become available.

I'm not really sure if managing the national team can help the reputation/standard of the players, but it's worth a go.

It's crazy to think that it has taken the Northern Ireland F.A some 37 years to give you the chance with the national side given your success. Have the F.A board been asleep all that time!!

I've applied a few times for the N Ireland job. I took Scotland as far as i could, almost won the world cup with Spain, took Killymoon to champions league glory multiple times yet N Ireland laughed at my application and gave it to a former St Johnston Manager who won nothing.

They just don't want to take the risk of giving it to a foreigner (scot). I look forwards to the offer in 15 years or so now!

I find that my cast-off youth players usually end up in other teams in my division when i deem them not good enough for my first team and release them (i'm playing a Wales game), so it's possible the other Northern Irish teams will benefit in a similar manner in this game.

I find that my cast-off youth players usually end up in other teams in my division when i deem them not good enough for my first team and release them (i'm playing a Wales game), so it's possible the other Northern Irish teams will benefit in a similar manner in this game.

It has taken a while, but we are getting there. I've had a couple of transfers of my youth players to larger NI clubs, so hopefully we can make a difference in the long run.

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2049/50

We were back on track, unfortunately the other clubs failed to keep up.

League Table

Back to the usual unbeaten season.

Domestic Cups - international call-ups cost us the Mid-Ulster Cup, we blew the Irish Cup final.

UEFA Super Cup - terrible penalties.

FIFA Club World Cup - a narrow win.

UEFA Champions League - we pretty much dominated all the way through, including a close final.

Glentoran in Europe - they were unlucky in the group stage but managed a few decent results in the Europa League.

Linfield in Europe - they did well in the qualifiers, but that was about it.

Squad - the average age is still coming down, but there's a couple of key players to replace still.

Youth Products - a few decent players, but nothing spectacular.

Transfers - a big clear-out as we replaced a few players for big profits.

Key Player Profiles:

Hernán Rodríguez - he top scored again, but I'm not convinced he's the man to lead our line.

Davorin Horvat - the winger impressed once again.

Filipe Mansilla - a rock in midfield.

Julián Belotti - a classy winger.

Enrique Samos - a new striker claiming his place in the first team.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Championship Two         1st         Championship Two, Mid-Ulster and Intermediate Cup winners
2013/14   Championship One         1st         Championship One, Mid-Ulster and Irish Cup winners
2015/16   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2016/17   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2017/18   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League and Setanta Cup winners
2018/19   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, League and Setanta Cup winners
2019/20   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and Setanta Cup winners
2020/21   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Irish, Mid-Ulster and League Cup winners
2021/22   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2022/23   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2023/24   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2024/25   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish and Setanta Cup winners, Europa League finalists
2025/26   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2026/27   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2027/28   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2028/29   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2029/30   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish and Setanta Cup winners
2030/31   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2031/32   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2032/33   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2033/34   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2034/35   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2035/36   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2036/37   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Europa League winners
2037/38   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2038/39   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2039/40   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2040/41   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2041/42   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2042/43   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2043/44   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish, CWC and Champions League winners
2044/45   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and CWC winners
2045/46   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, and Champions League winners
2046/47   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, League Cup and CWC winners
2047/48   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Mid-Ulster, Irish, Setanta Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

All we can do is keep winning while we wait for a new stadium. Things with the Northern Irish national team haven't exactly gone well, as we struggled in our friendlies.

How are the Europa League teams going?

Terribly, like usual. Oxford United stars managed to beat a team from the Faroe islands in the qualifiers but every other tie ended in defeat for the NI clubs.

We desperately need a fourth club to step up but it doesn't look like happening :(

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 10th in European competitions (3.5 stars, up half a star) - up 2

Northern Ireland - 8th in UEFA coefficients - up 1

Northern Ireland - 111th in FIFA rankings - down 27

Glentoran - 29th in UEFA coefficients - no change

Linfield - 42nd in UEFA coefficients - down 2

I just started playing FM a month or so ago. Compared to you I suck, but I guess I'm okay. I was just wondering if you could show us your tactics, and formation. I'd love to have a look at how you got so successful.

I've read most of this thread now (started an hour ago, and have read to page 7). My problem in my save is that no matter how beastly the strikers I sign are, I cannot seem to get them scoring. When they finally score, they're very inconsistent, and may go 4 games without goals, and the BOOM, score like 4-5 in the 5th game. Quite odd. Anyways, a great read and I'll be sure to stick around! :thup:

I just started playing FM a month or so ago. Compared to you I suck, but I guess I'm okay. I was just wondering if you could show us your tactics, and formation. I'd love to have a look at how you got so successful.

My tactics/formation

This isn't really the key to my success though, good squad building is. I only really win things when I have better players than the opposition.

Hmm.. I might have a go with that formation. I usually use the 4-2-3-1 formation, but it's very inconsistent for me. Have you made any changes in the "Team Instructions" tab?

40 seasons in and only after the CL final screenie I realized that your crest looks like Barça's!

I'd not noticed until now. Same shape, features a ball and two sets of coloured stripes. Barça don't have any trees though :D

Bourneview Young Men - Carling Premiership - 2050/51

We have been dominant in recent seasons, so our big hope was that the other clubs would try to catch up.

League Table

Another dominant season, even if we did throw away a couple of matches.

Domestic Cups - a clean sweep.

UEFA Super Cup - we managed to hang on for the win.

FIFA Club World Cup - a very one sided final.

UEFA Champions League - we were unstoppable as we beat Barcelona again in the final.

Glentoran in Europe - they did well in a tough group but missed out on a great chance in the Europa League.

Linfield in Europe - they did well to qualify, but struggled in a tough group.

Squad - the squad has great balance, there may be a couple of new signings but there's no rebuilding needed.

Youth Products - we've got a decent set of players now, which will hopefully help the national team as time goes on.

Transfers - not a huge amount of action.

Key Player Profiles:

Hernán Rodríguez - he top scored again, but I'm still not convinced.

Enrique Samos - he did well as the second striker.

Angelo - he started a lot of the cup matches, but things are looking good for the new striker.

Lounes Abbes - a great year for the midfielder.

Admir Juric - next season will probably be his last, but he can still do a job when called upon.

Career Overview

2049/50   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, League, Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51   Carling Premiership      1st         Premiership, Intermediate, Mid-Ulster, League, Irish Setanta Cup, CWC and Champions League winners

Next Season

Next season will mark the 20 year anniversary of Dafuge Park being built, so I'm hopeful that there will be some more stadium related news.

Just won the All-Ireland Cup which I presumed was the new name for the Setanta Cup and only got £33K. Was really hoping for over a million as need it to move on. Guessing I'll have to qualify for Champions League. In 5th year and won all other comps this year with Sport & Leisure.

Just won the All-Ireland Cup which I presumed was the new name for the Setanta Cup and only got £33K. Was really hoping for over a million as need it to move on. Guessing I'll have to qualify for Champions League. In 5th year and won all other comps this year with Sport & Leisure.

There was a bug with the original version of the game which meant the Setanta Cup money went through the roof. At one point the winners were getting around £6m :D

It was later fixed with the patch and brought back down to what it should be.

Is 6th place in UEFA coefficients table still far away? I truly doubt anything will change in upcoming decades, unless you make some sort of intervention. Maybe you could splash serious cash on some Cliftonville, Crusaders etc. players, so we could see what happens. :)

Reputations

Carling Premiership - 8th in European competitions (3.5 stars) - up 2

Northern Ireland - 9th in UEFA coefficients - down 1

Northern Ireland - 91st in FIFA rankings - up 20

Glentoran - 31st in UEFA coefficients - down 2

Linfield - 39th in UEFA coefficients - up 3

Is 6th place in UEFA coefficients table still far away? I truly doubt anything will change in upcoming decades, unless you make some sort of intervention. Maybe you could splash serious cash on some Cliftonville, Crusaders etc. players, so we could see what happens. :)

It does look like we've hit a bit of a wall, but I still want to plough on without directly influencing any of the other clubs.

All we need is a bit of consistency from Linfield/Glentoran and possibly one or two other clubs to make the EL group stage.

Fortunately I got into the Europa League by losing the final Champions League qualifier. Next season I will be a professional club, have a 997 ALL-SEATER stadium and have my first training improvement. However, I have lost all four group matches so far though.

Just spent the last hour and a half reading this and wow. How do you get thru seasons so fast? Impressive results, you're awe inspiring.

I let my assistant take control of the press conferences and team talks and I watch the matches with commentary only. I've also got a fairly small database so things tend to go quite quickly.

Oh, and I spend I ridiculous amount of my free time playing FM :D

Oh, and I spend I ridiculous amount of my free time playing FM :D

Absolutely brilliant career! :thup:

Do you have any plans like going all British,or only using players coming through your youth system,things like that? :)

Absolutely brilliant career! :thup:

Do you have any plans like going all British,or only using players coming through your youth system,things like that? :)

Not really. At the moment I'm still trying to do what I can to raise the profile of football in NI as much as possible, which means I need to keep buying the best players available.

I have tried bringing in the youth players, but they just aren't good enough to keep me winning the CL.

Not really. At the moment I'm still trying to do what I can to raise the profile of football in NI as much as possible, which means I need to keep buying the best players available.

I have tried bringing in the youth players, but they just aren't good enough to keep me winning the CL.

Cheers mate,that makes sense.Keep up the excellent work. :thup:

I'm running a few leagues in parallel with my N.Irish league and I've managed to get Berwick from the 3rd to the spl in back to back promotions by basically providing them my youngsters and reserves. They've only gone ahead and built a 22k seater stadium and put themselves 45 million in debt.

Have you thought about sending your youngsters out to get a season or two of first team action on loan? I've managed to get 1 youngster who's good enough for my first team by sending him to Berwick the past 4 years.

I've only ever kept on the best of my youngsters, all of which refuse to join my feeder clubs on loan.

I've already considered keeping on some of the lesser players from my youth team, in the hope they could make it in the lower leagues.

Archived