Can't go on holiday on match day - during game? Please restore this feature!!!

Taking off my SI hat for a second and putting on my 'play the game hat' I can't understand why anyone would want to skip the match anyway, surely that's the most important part of football management anyway?

Because I like to play proper long term games and if I watched every match I'd barely get through a season a week.

I've done enough work building the team, sorting the tactics etc to the point that I know I'll win more than I'll lose. My aim from that point is to manage the team to keep that run going and bring through as much youth as possible.

I get far more enjoyment from developing youth than playing the matches - it's where the vast majority of my enjoyment of FM comes from.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Taking off my SI hat for a second and putting on my 'play the game hat' I can't understand why anyone would want to skip the match anyway, surely that's the most important part of football management anyway?

When's the last time you played the game for 70 seasons? That's how I play.

When you get to those games against lower league opposition you just want to skip them.

I played over 900 hours in FM11. And that was with skipping over some games or skipping past matches I was winning more than 3-0. It might have gotten to about 1200 hours had I not.

But watching the match isn't the be all and end all of the game. Developing youth players (giving them a run out at 16-24 years of age), scouting, searching, finding players, and other things are equally important.

During the transfer windows I can spend literally hours researching players. 2 - 3 hours per transfer window.

In 20 seasons I have a super team. Some on the verge of retiring. I know I'll win the next game but need to give the youngsters a go. So I'll be winning 3-0 and put them on and then holiday (giving the ass man no chance to sub them)

Watching the game isn't the be all of FM at all.

I've done enough work building the team, sorting the tactics etc to the point that I know I'll win more than I'll lose. My aim from that point is to manage the team to keep that run going and bring through as much youth as possible.

I get far more enjoyment from developing youth than playing the matches - it's where the vast majority of my enjoyment of FM comes from.

You are playing FM more like a "General Manager" in US sports, they have the coaches for the match day. Maybe the game just needs more options to delegate to the AM in that case? Which players to bring in the match, which players to substitute after 60 minutes before you go on holiday for a day?

Think I made it to 700 hours in my game.

Skipped the vast majority of matches after about 5 seasons in.

I don't spend hours scouting either - that's what the scouts are for. I only look at who they highlight for me.

You are playing FM more like a "General Manager" in US sports, they have the coaches for the match day. Maybe the game just needs more options to delegate to the AM in that case? Which players to bring in the match, which players to substitute after 60 minutes?

Yup, I agree completely.

Think I made it to 700 hours in my game.

Skipped the vast majority of matches after about 5 seasons in.

I don't spend hours scouting either - that's what the scouts are for. I only look at who they highlight for me.

Don't get me started on the scouts

Yup, I agree completely.

I agree too. But more along the ways of a game plan. Optional. But there.

Players below a certain condition (pause)

Players below a certain rating (pause)

Winning by more than x (pause)

Could be red carded (pause)

Playing *much* lesser rep (play players of silver star rating 4+)

it seems logical to have these choices and your staff know your game plan so that if you're not there or ask them to suggest a team that they rock on and select something in your game plan not something else.

Or it could be you are there but missed that Gerrard is down to 40% in his health becuase you don't have that Match Day Info open.

nah, i like long term squad and club development. I think on FM11 i only had three saves, each over 20 seasons. The matches are important and i watch the 'big' games but if I have a really good team and i am playing bottom of the table at home the usual practice would be to watch until i got the first goal and then go on holiday.

There should maybe a 'simulate match' button that you can press at any time during or before a match

Why? The scouts are fine.

I've had major complaints about scouts in FM11 and FM10 over the years.

I am waiting for FM12 to be released to put together another complaint. This time I have a major plan to expose the flaws in the scouting system.

Well either I'll expose them or be proven wrong. But I'm routing for the former.

why on earth would anyone want to go on holiday mode mid game let alone want the feature back in ? this feature shouldn't have even been in the game in the 1st place. Horrible feature.

People want the game to be realistic to real life so no, the feature is a no go zone.

When's the last time you played the game for 70 seasons? That's how I play.

When you get to those games against lower league opposition you just want to skip them.

I played over 900 hours in FM11. And that was with skipping over some games or skipping past matches I was winning more than 3-0. It might have gotten to about 1200 hours had I not.

But watching the match isn't the be all and end all of the game. Developing youth players (giving them a run out at 16-24 years of age), scouting, searching, finding players, and other things are equally important.

During the transfer windows I can spend literally hours researching players. 2 - 3 hours per transfer window.

In 20 seasons I have a super team. Some on the verge of retiring. I know I'll win the next game but need to give the youngsters a go. So I'll be winning 3-0 and put them on and then holiday (giving the ass man no chance to sub them)

Watching the game isn't the be all of FM at all.

here's an idea, go on holiday before officially picking your lineup.

Again, play the game for 70 seasons and you'd want it. Play over 900 hours see if you want it?

It's a feature that was an option.

BUT I understand it is something that should not have been there. But there is another option.

There should be a game plan option.

Honestly, I took over FC Bayern and holidayed for that whole season and won the league. Holidaying is too easy in the game. Even mid-game.

But if you're winning 7-0 on a weekend you have not got much time to play the game then you'd want a way to skip to the end result.

Heck I've been 3-0 up and went on holiday for the game and drew 3-3 or lost 4-3, that happens sometimes.

I've had major complaints about scouts in FM11 and FM10 over the years.

I am waiting for FM12 to be released to put together another complaint. This time I have a major plan to expose the flaws in the scouting system.

Well either I'll expose them or be proven wrong. But I'm routing for the former.

Feel free to PM me or start a thread about it in the meantime. I actually love how the scouts work now and would be interested in what you think.

Doesn't work, see earlier posts.

Need a better "holidaying model" or a "game plan" option.

it does work in the demo, i've been doing it the last 4 or 5 matches in the EPL/League Cup. I've gone on holiday for 1 day when they have asked me to select my lineup

it does work in the demo, i've been doing it the last 4 or 5 matches in the EPL/League Cup. I've gone on holiday for 1 day when they have asked me to select my lineup

It depends on who you pick - if your assistant thinks youve picked a player that's too weak compared to the others, he'll replace him in the line-up. Or if you try and send out a weakened side in the cup against big opponents, he'll correct that as well.

It depends on who you pick - if your assistant thinks youve picked a player that's too weak compared to the others, he'll replace him in the line-up. Or if you try and send out a weakened side in the cup against big opponents, he'll correct that as well.

when I got on Holiday Mode, I always have use current lineup & use current tactic. I've then gone to check the lineups after coming back from holiday and they have always been the same, no changes before kick off

when I got on Holiday Mode, I always have use current lineup & use current tactic. I've then gone to check the lineups after coming back from holiday and they have always been the same, no changes before kick off

He doesn't do it often, but it does happen. The main problem is when you want to blood youth, because it's rare that the assistant will do it.

lol, i literally snorted my breakfast out of my nose when I read the comment about "Holidaying during matches is one of the most important features in FM!"

I can understand that watching the matches *might* get a little boring after 70 seasons or so, but really, why would you want to holiday through it at half time? If your team is that good, there are other options you can choose to get past these matches, and if it's not that good, then you should be watching the match properly.

If this is causing issues and corrupting save games or whatever else, I applaud SI for taking it out. People who use it will just have to find some other way around it, or change the way they do things.

lol, i literally snorted my breakfast out of my nose when I read the comment about "Holidaying during matches is one of the most important features in FM!"

I can understand that watching the matches *might* get a little boring after 70 seasons or so, but really, why would you want to holiday through it at half time? If your team is that good, there are other options you can choose to get past these matches, and if it's not that good, then you should be watching the match properly.

If this is causing issues and corrupting save games or whatever else, I applaud SI for taking it out. People who use it will just have to find some other way around it, or change the way they do things.

This shouldn't be acceptable. If SI changed something that made your life more difficult, you'd complain, too.

If SI can't do a holiday option properly, why not give us the option of automatically completing the match? Compress all events and "cleanup" the match as normal. All with the click of a button.

I understand it's not for everyone and everyone has their own version of what's important to them.

But winning 6-0 at half time and I went to field the youth players I had on the bench. I had no desire to watch the rest of the match at all.

Just can't do it now. And you could before.

Sometimes I could have the league won by the start of April. So I would often holiday a league game if I'm winning 3-0 or something. League is won, nothing to lose.

To have that option removed now is a real kick in the head.

I simply hate holiday feature. I never ever even thought of using it. What's the point in it FFS? Might be mi being obssed with micro-management.
How can you hate something you've never even thought of using?

There are clearly some users who use this feature, even if you don't.

He doesn't do it often, but it does happen. The main problem is when you want to blood youth, because it's rare that the assistant will do it.

Try it with a youth player starting the game.

If you pick the entire team along with a youth player the Assistant will probably take the youth player off after a few minutes.

If you pick just the youth player and leave the rest of the slots free the Assistant will fill the gaps, but probably leave the youth player on longer.

But there's certainly no way to tell the Assistant that you want to field the youth in todays game to give them a run out and to give them 60 minutes. Or to bring them on after 60 minutes.

Just no option to do that at all.

This shouldn't be acceptable. If SI changed something that made your life more difficult, you'd complain, too.

If SI can't do a holiday option properly, why not give us the option of automatically completing the match? Compress all events and "cleanup" the match as normal. All with the click of a button.

That's one option if it could be made to work, the other is match plans which worked in FML and could actually add an interesting new dimension to FM.

Either way I agree that if a significant number of people want it, it should be in the plans, regardless of the fact that it's anathema to people like me:)

How can you hate something you've never even thought of using?

There are clearly some users who use this feature, even if you don't.

Well I hate simply because it's not very realistic and how come anyone can leave your team to the awful assistant managers! As I said that's just me because I like micro-management. Can't see all the fuss about not being able to go on holiday while in game. Utterly pointless for me.

, regardless of the fact that it's anathema to people like me:)

That actually made me laugh. I only really get to play the game at the weekends. Time is of the essence.

It is such an important thing for me. I'll have to work around for now. Can't believe there will be no option in FM12 for this.

Career games are going to be so much longer now.

Well I hate simply because it's not very realistic and how come anyone can leave your team to the awful assistant managers! As I said that's just me because I like micro-management. Can't see all the fuss about not being able to go on holiday while in game. Utterly pointless for me.

My Assistant Manager isn't awful. The amount of time I put into hiring the Assistant manager just so I can do this.

Do you play career games at all? Like over 20 seasons?

Nobody forces you to use it and it won't have any impact on your game if you don't like it. There needs to be a balance between realism and enjoyment, and some of us don't have that much time to invest in the game, but like long careers.

Give us the option for instant result!

That actually made me laugh. I only really get to play the game at the weekends. Time is of the essence.

It is such an important thing for me. I'll have to work around for now. Can't believe there will be no option in FM12 for this.

Career games are going to be so much longer now.

How about you quote in context?;)

My Assistant Manager isn't awful. The amount of time I put into hiring the Assistant manager just so I can do this.

Do you play career games at all? Like over 20 seasons?

Yes, I do. And I never get tired of doing everything by myself.

Yes, I do. And I never get tired of doing everything by myself.

Well for me, March to end of May is very boring when I have won the league already.

I usually power through these months to get to the summer transfer window.

Putting youth on loan, selling off the weak, replacing them with stronger players, scouting the new gens, replacing retiring players etc.

I'll work around this though. I'll look at the suggestions mentioned already.

Having read this thread for days now, I still can't see what the issue is. Playing the match at Commentary Only, with no replays or hightlights, and getting to the end of the game, takes about half a minute longer than going into the holiday menu and clicking go on holiday would do. So why can the people who would go through the menus and go on hoilday, not just switch to commentary only????

Having read this thread for days now, I still can't see what the issue is. Playing the match at Commentary Only, with no replays or hightlights, and getting to the end of the game, takes about half a minute longer than going into the holiday menu and clicking go on holiday would do. So why can the people who would go through the menus and go on hoilday, not just switch to commentary only????
Half a minute more (it's more than that, really) is still half a minute too much.

If SI changed something that you found convenient to add half a minute to it, you'd complain too. Especially if it's something that you use every single match, in which case it is 50+ times half a minute.

If they changed something to stop the game from potentially breaking then in reality they will be saving us and them time in the long run.

I can see the annoyance of this but i always play every game so from my selfish point of view its a non issue, i still dont think they should introduce a result feature so you dont have to play the games, it kinda makes half the game pointless.

Don't know how you read it for days? I only made the thread last night?

And I get the point of switching to commentary only. I had not thought of doing that but will try it. Seems like the only viable option.

If they changed something to stop the game from potentially breaking then in reality they will be saving us and them time in the long run.

I can see the annoyance of this but i always play every game so from my selfish point of view its a non issue, i still dont think they should introduce a result feature so you dont have to play the games, it kinda makes half the game pointless.

I agree if it's something that stops the game from breaking then cool. But on the other hand, if there was an issue with the game they should fix that instead of blocking it?

I just want the option to skip viewing the game and move along a bit faster. And I sorta have that now with the commentary option.

How do you know they aren't working on fixing it? They very well might all be sat at their computers right now working on it and trying to get it to work as intended without causing code corruptions. In the meantime while they do that, the only option is to remove it from the game.

If I lost a game I was playing due to a feature that wasn't working as intended, I would probably be a little miffed. Like someone else said here, I'd expect that the majority of people complaining (I won't point fingers at any specific person) that this has been removed, would be the people making the loudest noise and most complaints if they were to suddenly lose everything they had worked so hard towards due to one moment where they decided they wanted to skip the last 30 mins of a match. Imagine if you had played 50 seasons with 1 team and were about to win your first Champions League, only to corrupt everything and lose it all. Surely you can see the sense of SI removing it while it is an issue? I'm sure they will fix it as soon as they can. In the meantime there are FAR more important things for them to work on. Perhaps if they can solve the problem, it might even be possible to implement it in a patch by christmas...

I agree if it's something that stops the game from breaking then cool. But on the other hand, if there was an issue with the game they should fix that instead of blocking it?

Without knowing the problem we can probably assume it was an issue they could not fix in a hurry, im sure X46bn6 will come in and tell us thats not good enough but thats the reality of it. They wouldnt take something like this out unless there was a good reason for it. For what its worth my mate plays like you, he holidays a lot of games during a season and is equally dissapointed, i told him the same thing as i have said in this thread :D plus told him to wise up and play the game properly :p (please note the joke smiley before i get dogs abuse for not understanding)

I can't understand why someone would want to go on holyday during a match.

I can understand that you "skip" a match that is unimportant to you (like friendlies) and you leave tha Asisstant in charge. But as hard as I try I can't recall ever seeing or hearing that a real manager said: "Ok, this one is in the bag, I'll go for a cup of tea, and check the final results later on the internet."

In fairness, I do play about 60 games a season. And I skip the last 10 or so leauge games when the leauge is already won.

4 competitions. 1 weekend. And xfactor is on.

It was a feature that was breaking the game. Accepted. I did not know that before I posted. That's why I posted.

I know now it's a feature that was removed because of it causing issues. I'll sort it out a different way from now on. No biggie.

You're all welcome to play the game how you see fit :) And i'll do the same :D

I can't understand why someone would want to go on holyday during a match.

I can understand that you "skip" a match that is unimportant to you (like friendlies) and you leave tha Asisstant in charge. But as hard as I try I can't recall ever seeing or hearing that a real manager said: "Ok, this one is in the bag, I'll go for a cup of tea, and check the final results later on the internet."

It would be great if I could rant at the 4th official and get myself sent off though lol.

I know it doesn't happen in real life. But this is a game. And there should be provisions to not keep viewing the match. It was there and now it's not.

I've been given another option, which I'll take for now, switch to commentary only.

I just know that the career game is going to be so much longer now. But I'll have to live with that.

Half a minute more (it's more than that, really) is still half a minute too much.

If SI changed something that you found convenient to add half a minute to it, you'd complain too. Especially if it's something that you use every single match, in which case it is 50+ times half a minute.

You use it every single match?! Even if you're not comfortably winning the game?

7147948Imagine if you had played 50 seasons with 1 team and were about to win your first Champions League' date=' only to corrupt everything and lose it all.[/quote']

I`d be pretty gladif it got corrupt..... going 50 seasons without winning your first champions league would be pretty terrible. :lol:

Archived