FM12 : Should I buy or sell thread!!!

Purefun

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Dimitar Berbatov

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Manchester Utd

Player's Value: 1.4 million

Offer: 2.7 million (He's transfer listed at that price)

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season: 2013/14 (start of third season)

Berbatov's agent is hawking him around and he's on the transfer list at old Trafford for 2.7 mill. he has some fantastic attributes but he's now 32, would he worth getting in for a season or two to add some finesse upfront? Currently have Moussa Sow, Alberto Paloschi and Modibo Maiga to pick from, but I'm tempted by the idea of pairing one of those up with Berbs, especially in Europe.

loan him on 50% wage, with an option to buy, so if he really do preform and dont decline to much you can pick him up on the cheep

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heading in to my 3rd season with Dortmund. Madrid have just offered £35mil for Hummels. Straight up cash.

Do I sell? Who could I get to replace him?

For that amount of money I would sell mate.

You could look at Nicolas Otamendi, Omer Toprak, Simon Kjaer :cool:.

loan him on 50% wage, with an option to buy, so if he really do preform and dont decline to much you can pick him up on the cheep

Cheers for the advice, tried a loan offer and Utd weren't willing to discuss a loan move between our club. I waited a week to see if there any other takers and Man Utd have dropped the asking price to £1.1 million so contemplating putting a bid for a permanent deal in.

Player Name: James Beattie

Your Team: Brentford

Buyer/Seller: Free Agent

Player's Value: £0

Offer: £0

Transfer/Wage Budget: N/A

Season: 1

or

Buying/Selling: Loaning

Player Name: Rhys Davies

Your Team: Brentford

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: N/A

Offer: N/A

Season: 1

Looking for one of these to partner Febian Brandy up front.

I signed Beattie for Preston North End and he is a great Target man, Played very well alongside Hume with Daley playing AMR.

I went up as champions and beattie scored 18 goals even though he had 9 games out with injury.

U want to get matterazzi if he is interested, He may be old but he will destroy league 1/2 forwards.

Player Name: M'Vila

Your Team: Tottenham

Seller: Rennes

Player's Value: £7.5m

Offer: £15m

Season: 2nd Season - January

Not too sure on him as I've got Sandro and Huddlestone for my deep midfield role. But then he looks like a better version of Huddlestone.

Not too sure on him as I've got Sandro and Huddlestone for my deep midfield role. But then he looks like a better version of Huddlestone.

Definite buy for me, and that's a very good price. Him and Sandro in the deep midfield roles would be quite a partnership.

I have Badelj and united want him for 15m and i can get Hamsik for 25m. what should i do? thanks

Buying:

Player Name:

Your Team:PSG

Buyer/Seller:Napoli

Player's Value: 7.75m

Offer: 15m upfront and 8.75m over 12 months

Transfer/Wage Budget:not a issue got money and heaps of wage room

Patch:

Season: start of second season

Selling:

Player Name:Milan Badelj

Buyer/Seller:Man Utd

Player's Value: 6.75m

Offer: 15m

Patch:

Season: start of 2nd season

Buy.

I have Badelj and united want him for 15m and i can get Hamsik for 25m. what should i do? thanks

Buying:

Player Name:

Buyer/Seller:Napoli

Player's Value: 7.75m

Offer: 15m upfront and 8.75m over 12 months

Patch:

Season: start of second season

Selling:

Player Name:Milan Badelj

Buyer/Seller:Man Utd

Player's Value: 6.75m

Offer: 15m

Patch:

Season: start of 2nd season

Hamsik.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Franck Tabanou/Giovani dos Santos

Your Team: Villa

Buyer: -

Player's Value: £4m/£7m

Offer: -

Season: 4th Season Summer

I've got Giovinco coming in on a free and would have too many left-sided players by then so I'm considering selling 1 of them but don't know who to get rid of.

Tabanou has been great when called upon whilst dos Santos hasn't been living up to expectations.

I've also got di Maria and Agbonlahor on the left side but they are indispensable so it's got to be one of these 2 or maybe both

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Seller: Hoffeinheim (me)

Buyer: Man Utd

June 2014

Bid is 29m (20m now, 5m in 12 months, 300k per appearance for 10 games + 1m for 1st appearance)

He is valued at 17.5m

Last season he had 45 games, 25 goals, 25 assists and is my trequartista behind the strikers. He takes all my set plays and his stats/attributes are unbelievable. I may not get another bid like this but I have about 100m in the bank, won the German cup but finished 5th and hence missed the CL. I have Julian Draxler and Andersen (young Dane) in my squad too.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

June 2014

Bid is 29m (20m now, 5m in 12 months, 300k per appearance for 10 games + 1m for 1st appearance)

He is valued at 17.5m

Last season he had 45 games, 25 goals, 25 assists and is my trequartista behind the strikers. He takes all my set plays and his stats/attributes are unbelievable. I may not get another bid like this but I have about 100m in the bank, won the German cup but finished 5th and hence missed the CL. I have Julian Draxler and Andersen (young Dane) in my squad too.

It's a great bid, but with that amount of money in the bank, and such a fantastic contribution to your success I'd be inclined to tell Man Utd to look elsewhere. 25 goals and 25 assists is a great return from any midfielder.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

June 2014

He is valued at 17.5m

I agree qwith DanyDon, his contribution to your team is priceless, no sale!

Player Name: Antonio Valencia

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £5 million

Offer: £5 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: 7.5 million left of our budget

Patch:

Season: Halfway through 3rd season

Man Utd have just offered Valencia out for £5 million and he's willing to accept the £50,000 wages a week we can offer. I already have Marc Albrighton, Nicolas Gaitan and Adam Johnson.

Player Name: Antonio Valencia

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £5 million

Offer: £5 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: 7.5 million left of our budget

Patch:

Season: Halfway through 3rd season

Man Utd have just offered Valencia out for £5 million and he's willing to accept the £50,000 wages a week we can offer. I already have Marc Albrighton, Nicolas Gaitan and Adam Johnson.

Agree with NF. There are better out there as well.

Exactly my thought. Check out his attributes. Who can replace him? I doubt anyone. Too much of a risk.

Better than just having my opinion see :p.

No deal. Albrighton and Johnson are probably two of the best English wide midfielders in the side. It's alot to be spending on a player who may only play back up or be in a rotation policy in your squad.

Cheers lads, he did agree to sign for us but I've cancelled the deal and plan to spend the money on bringing in a couple of regens we've been looking at.

EDIT: Cancelled that deal and now out of the blue Villareal offer us Mateo Musacchio for £9.25 million :p Slightly more tempted by that deal have to admit.

Player Name: Leandro Damiao

Your Team: Chelsea

Buyer/ Seller: - Internacional

Player's Value: £8.25m

Offer: - £28mill most of it over 48 months

Season: 1st season january

A no brainer, so yes buy.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

June 2014

He is valued at 17.5m

Don't sell.

Player Name: Franck Tabanou/Giovani dos Santos

Your Team: Villa

Buyer: -

Player's Value: £4m/£7m

Offer: -

Season: 4th Season Summer

I've got Giovinco coming in on a free and would have too many left-sided players by then so I'm considering selling 1 of them but don't know who to get rid of.

Tabanou has been great when called upon whilst dos Santos hasn't been living up to expectations.

I've also got di Maria and Agbonlahor on the left side but they are indispensable so it's got to be one of these 2 or maybe both

Sell Gio.

How many CBs do you have. Isn't Musacchio meant to be quite good. Again, I'd go for the regens though.

I've currently got Steven Taylor alongside a first season Mexican regen Jose Dominguez with Craig Dawson as back up. My scouts rated Mussachio with 4 stars when we scouted him and quite a bit better than Taylor, so might pick him up. He is still only 23 and so we'd probably still get a decent fee for him 4 or 5 seasons later once we bring through some good regens.

Might as well. If you don't mind the old 48 months way, try and see if you can offer £5m upfront and the rest over so many months. That way you can still sign maybe, one or two players.

Yeah, I've offered them 2.5 million upfront and another 7 over 48 months. Musacchio has only asked for £40,000 a week in wages which is well within my preferred wage range as well. He should add enough quality to our defence for the next couple seasons while I develop some of the youngsters. Hopefully now he chooses us over Napoli and CSKA Moscow

Buying/Selling: Buying(Season Long Loan)

Player Name: Greg Cunningham

Your Team: Swindon Town

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Offer: Season Long Loan

Transfer/Wage Budget: They're paying his wages

Patch: N/A

Season: Summer, season 1(2011)

Player Name: Jlloyd Samuel

Offer: £1.3k a week, one year deal iirc.

Transfer/Wage Budget: About £10k left in wages.

Season: See First

Player Name: Felicien Singbo

Buyer/Seller: N/A

Offer: £400 a week, 1/2 year deal iirc.

Transfer/Wage Budget: See Second

I have had an offer accepted for Cunningham and he's agreed to join on loan. I also have a bid for Samuel and really want him too. Cunningham can also play at LM and this is where my next problem comes in. I also have a bid for Singbo and forgot about him. He can also play at CB, but I'm not sure how well. At the moment I have Matt Ritchie and Etienne Esajas and Ritchie is my first choice. Esajas has only just joined but I don't want him. I could try and send him out on loan and get rid of him and have Cunningham, Samuel and Singbo. I still have three left backs though and they are Callum Kennedy, Milan Misun(In the process of selling) and Alessandro Cibocchi. I'm keen on Cibocchi, but he's the same as Esajas. I want to keep Kennedy as he could be good.

I'm really struggling here guys so any help would be appreciated.

Coventry have just put in a bid for Samuel. I'm still hopeful of getting him though.

Player Name: Abubakari Yakubu

Player's Value: Free Agent

Offer: £1.3k a week for 3 years iirc

Transfer/Wage Budget: £10k ish

Season: Season 1, Summer 2011

Player Name: Daniel Alfei

Buyer/Seller: Swansea City

Patch: See First

Player Name: Miguel Comminges

Offer: £800 iirc, 1 year deal.

I've sold Paul Caddis for £525k after he rejected a new deal and I've released Kevin Amankwaah due to him being on too high wages. I've so far signed Thierry Gauthessi and need someone else as back up, first choice or just for rotation.

Buying/Selling: Buying(Season Long Loan)

Player Name: Greg Cunningham

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Transfer/Wage Budget: They're paying his wages

Season: Summer, season 1(2011)

Player Name: Jlloyd Samuel

Offer: £1.3k a week, one year deal iirc.

Transfer/Wage Budget: About £10k left in wages.

Player Name: Felicien Singbo

Offer: £400 a week, 1/2 year deal iirc.

Transfer/Wage Budget: See Second

I have had an offer accepted for Cunningham and he's agreed to join on loan. I also have a bid for Samuel and really want him too. Cunningham can also play at LM and this is where my next problem comes in. I also have a bid for Singbo and forgot about him. He can also play at CB, but I'm not sure how well. At the moment I have Matt Ritchie and Etienne Esajas and Ritchie is my first choice. Esajas has only just joined but I don't want him. I could try and send him out on loan and get rid of him and have Cunningham, Samuel and Singbo. I still have three left backs though and they are Callum Kennedy, Milan Misun(In the process of selling) and Alessandro Cibocchi. I'm keen on Cibocchi, but he's the same as Esajas. I want to keep Kennedy as he could be good.

I'm really struggling here guys so any help would be appreciated.

Coventry have just put in a bid for Samuel. I'm still hopeful of getting him though.

Yes, yes & Singbo isnt on my game.

Player Name: Abubakari Yakubu

Offer: £1.3k a week for 3 years iirc

Season: Season 1, Summer 2011

Player Name: Daniel Alfei

Buyer/Seller: Swansea City

Player Name: Miguel Comminges

Offer: £800 iirc, 1 year deal.

I've sold Paul Caddis for £525k after he rejected a new deal and I've released Kevin Amankwaah due to him being on too high wages. I've so far signed Thierry Gauthessi and need someone else as back up, first choice or just for rotation.

Yakubu :thup:

Player name: Angel Di Maria

My Club: Chelsea

Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £16.75m

Offer: £16m

Transfer budget: £42m

Season: Start of 2nd

He's transfer listed, seems too good to turn down for that price and can operate on either wing.

He's transfer listed, seems too good to turn down for that price and can operate on either wing.

Definite buy. Exactly what Chelsea need and great price.

Never really performed for me, so I wouldn't dive into it.

Definite purchase for me :thup:

Player Name: Vaclav Kadlec

Your Team: Hoffenheim

Player's Value: £6.75m

Offer: N/A

Transfer/Wage Budget: £20m

Patch: 12.0

Season: 2014/15 (season 4)

Im currently in November and I signed Kadlec on a free transfer in the June, but he just hasnt hit the ground running at all. I currently have Wilfried, Vossen & Papiss Cisse who are firing, as well as 2 youngsters coming through. I havent offered him out yet, but I am considering it. The youngster below is someone I am grooming into my side and he has just made his league debut for me, scoring a hat-trick away to Kaiserslautern.

angelosigillooverviewpr.png

And although Cisse is 29, going on 30, \I also have this youngster to replace him...and he is also impressing on loan at Furth in the German 2nd Division.

hervharerimanaoverviewp.png

Any thoughts fella's???

Buying

Player name: Abel Hernandez

My Club: Newcastle

Seller: Palermo

Offer: £24m

Wage: 78k a week

Transfer budget: £50m

Season: August 2013

OR

Buying

Player name: Iker Munain

Seller: Athletic Bilbao

Player's Value: £8m

Wage: about 80k

I need a poacher to play upfront on his own to bang in the goals, only got Paloschi at the moment with Welbeck coming in for £5m, and narrowed the search for a top quality striker down to these two. Both will want about the same in wages and will cost the same, with Munain being 2 years younger, but hernandez being slightly better. Who should I go for?

Sell Kadlec and sell Cisse. I'd risk bringing both of these players into your first team for the start of next season. If they get the goals then you're laughing. If they don't they still have time due to their age.

Cheeeearrrrrs NF. Im thinking sell Kadlec in January & using Sigillo, then sell Cisse at the end of the season once is finished. Im flying so far, and Cisse is playing well so far.

Buying

Player name: Abel Hernandez

Seller: Palermo

Wage: 78k a week

OR

Buying

Player name: Iker Munain

Seller: Athletic Bilbao

Player's Value: £8m

Wage: about 80k

I need a poacher to play upfront on his own to bang in the goals, only got Paloschi at the moment with Welbeck coming in for £5m, and narrowed the search for a top quality striker down to these two. Both will want about the same in wages and will cost the same, with Munain being 2 years younger, but hernandez being slightly better. Who should I go for?

To be honest mate, for the price your paying I think you could go for better. Bellios, Gamiero, Wilfried are much better in my eyes. Although these 2 are quality, I would look elsewhere.

To be honest mate, for the price your paying I think you could go for better. Bellios, Gamiero, Wilfried are much better in my eyes. Although these 2 are quality, I would look elsewhere.

I had Wilfried but he never performed and so sold him for £11m to AC Milan. I had a look at Gameiro as he was my best player on FM11, but he doesn't look as good as these two, is 26 and would cost near enough the same amount. Never heard of Bellios, unless you mean Barrios who again is a bit too old at 28.

Munain just rejected my contract anyway, so I might just sign Hernandez, just wait until he confirms.

Sorry, yes I meant Barrios. Miss-type. Hernandez is class, so I know why you want him, and if you cant look elsewhere than go for it :thup:.

Could take a last check at Jelle Vossen & Acquafresca to?

Acquafresca is transfer listed and looks a shadow of what he used to be, rated as only 2 stars by my scouts, and Vossen went to Blackburn for £8m in this transfer window. Will sign Hernandez, thanks for the suggestions. It's just that I'm unfortunate in that most of the quality strikers go elsewhere just before I look for them. But having Hernandez, Welbeck and Paloschi as my strike force isn't all that bad. :D

Buying

Player Name: Lucas Digne

My Club: Aston Villa

Price: £5.5 million

Wages: £6,500

Season: 2012/2013

Or

Player Name: Jack Robinson

Price: £7.1 million

Wages: £8,000

Both rated at potential 4 stars, is there much difference between the two, or should i just pay extra for the HG status of Robinson?

Archived