FM12 : Should I buy or sell thread!!!

Purefun

Personally I'd offload Wilfried and bring both in. I never saw the attraction of Wilfried and he wasn't much use to me, although many other people have found him to be an excellent player. I think Mbaye Niang would be an upgrade from Wilfried, although will be considerably younger. Carlos Fierro is in a similar mould to Paloschi, both good poachers; with Fierro being the young option. I haven't had any experience with Bakenga so wouldn't know what he's like.

He seems to vary quite a bit from save to save, but for me Wilfried has been an absolute beast. I'd still sell him if that would mean getting Niang and Fierro back in return, though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Jonathan Cristaldo

Your Team: Aston Villa

Buyer/Seller: Metalist

Player's Value: £3.4m

Offer: £10.25m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £37.5m/£1.1m

Patch: 12.0.4

Season: 14/15 july window

or

Player Name: Carlos Fierro

Buyer/Seller: Chivas

Player's Value: £1.7m

Offer: £14.25m

or

Player Name: Facundo Ferreyra

Buyer/Seller: Banfield

Player's Value: £3m

Offer: £13.25m

Help needed as quick as possible if you fine fella's could do so please :). I'm playing as Hoffenheim and I have just entered January 2017. Barcelona have just bid £16.75m straight cash for David Alaba who I signed from Bayern for £6.5m 2 1/2 seasons ago. Do I take it?

Help needed as quick as possible if you fine fella's could do so please :). I'm playing as Hoffenheim and I have just entered January 2017. Barcelona have just bid £16.75m straight cash for David Alaba who I signed from Bayern for £6.5m 2 1/2 seasons ago. Do I take it?

Suppose it depends really. Is he playing regular, performing well and is there a player available who is better that you could replace him with? What I often do with bids like that is choose transfer date as end of the season so I don't have to screw around in a mad panic over January, that might be an option.

He is one of my top performers to be fair and is only 24yo. I tend to rotate him with Moussa Sissoko & Nainggolan. He is valued at £8.5m at the moment. !arca have offered it as non negotiatable so I can't change anything about the deal what so ever. I think I'm putting myself off the idea of selling ha.

I never offered him a contract and I never had the option to cancel the deal. I suppose £19m wasn't a bad deal when it was straight cash. I replaced him with a regen from Dnipro who I paid £5.5m for. His main stats are passing (19), free kicks (16), first touch (20), technique (18), work rate (18) and he isn't at full potential yet. The rest of his stats are in the 13-15 range.

I'm managing Spurs in first mid season, looking for a top striker to lead the line for season 2. Have future transfer bids accepted for both Cavani 28m, and Leandro Damiao 16m. Who should I buy?

Ooof tough choice, Cavani is better but 12m better? Hmm I say yes, spend big and go for Cavani, he's a world class striker and for 28 mil that aint bad :thup:

Player Name: Marvin Martin

Your Team: Málaga C.F

Buyer/Seller: Sochaux-Montbé

Player's Value: £4.6 million

Offer: My initial offer was £16 million. Sochaux have come back with a £20 million asking fee.

Transfer/Wage Budget: Transfer Budget: £22 million | Wage Budget: £200,000+ a week.

Season: January; 2011-2012 season

I've been a massive fan of this young man for a while, some of you may have noticed that I made his player thread :D But, I'm in a sticky situation. Apoño is my current 'deep-lying playmaker' and has performed well there but, with the ever-increasing quality of squads within clubs like Atlético Madrid and Valencia, I'm beginning to lose touch - my season objective is UEFA Champions League qualification. Apoño by no stretch of the imagination has performed badly, I just need to step up that extra level, to challenge the likes of Valencia and Atlético for 4th position. Martin fits the bill perfectly for my Málaga outfit; passes well, can score if needed. But, I'm not sure whether I should spend £20 million on one player while leaving other positions to decay as I sign one player for the majority of my budget...

:thup:

You could always try part of the deal in installments to reduce the initial hit to your transfer budget

I'd say he is good enough for that amount of money but you could always try haggling them down a bit though

Decided to go for him; of course, I will use my fair share of additional options on top, as I always do :D

Seeing that he does have is heart set on a move to Paris Saint-Germain, I am wary that if I do enter contract negotiations with him, he might shun me away. I hope that's not the case :thup: Cheers anyway mate.

Llew,

a good playmaker is worth his weight in gold, but if you're worried that you need strengthening in more than one position it would be a risk to spend such a huge chunk of your budget on one player. I'd try and haggle them down a bit if possible, or see if someone of comparable quality is a possibility.

Have you checked how much Newcastle would want for 'Le Dreamboat' Cabaye? He's one of my favourite players on FM11 and FM12 so far for that DLP position.

Llew,

a good playmaker is worth his weight in gold, but if you're worried that you need strengthening in more than one position it would be a risk to spend such a huge chunk of your budget on one player. I'd try and haggle them down a bit if possible, or see if someone of comparable quality is a possibility.

Have you checked how much Newcastle would want for 'Le Dreamboat' Cabaye? He's one of my favourite players on FM11 and FM12 so far for that DLP position.

Yohan Cabaye, along with Dani Parejo, is my 'back up' plan :thup:

Well, I feel I am one good playmaker away from a good first-team which could take La Liga by storm. But, I also need some extra depth in different positions. I'm going to be decisive and make a decision; I'm going for Martin. I have offered £11 million up front, along with £8 million going to Sochaux over 36 months and a approximated £2.2 million after International and League appearances. I'll keep you up-to-date on how negotiations go.

Cheers DandyDon :)

*Double Post*...

As I say that, Sochaux-Montbé have accepted my offer. It's now a question of Wage demands; so far, his representative has come to asking for £83,000 a week. Haggle, Haggle, Haggle!

Don't you sometimes wish during negotiations with agents there was a 'Deploy Vinnie with baseball bat' option....

"Oh you want £83,000 a week do you...just let me call our contracts lawyer through...ohhhh Vinnie...."

Don't you sometimes wish during negotiations with agents there was a 'Deploy Vinnie with baseball bat' option....

"Oh you want £83,000 a week do you...just let me call our contracts lawyer through...ohhhh Vinnie...."

That would be quite a good option to have available :D

I've got him and his agent down to £70,000 a week, which is reasonable. Relatively no fuss too which was pleasing :thup:

That would be quite a good option to have available :D

I've got him and his agent down to £70,000 a week, which is reasonable. Relatively no fuss too which was pleasing :thup:

Just seen this, and thought I'd check to see how much he's on at Newcastle. Wish I was abit more switched on in contract negotiations, he's currently on £90k a week! Worth nearly every penny though.

Buying; Buying

Player Name: Cristiano Ronaldo

Your Team: Newcastle United

Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £25million | Last year of his contract

Offer: £72million accepted | £215k a week - Match Fee £26k - Loyalty Bonus £6.5m - Agent Fee £6.5m

Season: 2014/15

If you feel comfortable shelling out £200,000+ a week and sure that he would fit in, I would go for him.

I've been reading your wonderful updates in the Newcastle thread and realize that you do have a wealth of potential in amongst your first-team squad so, don't ruin those players futures by signing C-Ron :D

Ahh tough decision. I can see your reasoning, I have no real need for him; but he's Cristiano Ronaldo for Christ sake! Seeing as I have next to no chance of singing Messi to Tyneside, I surely must go for the second best player on the game.

I'm getting rid of Jonas, and possibly Shaqiri and De Bruyne; so he can be all three of their replacements :D

Buying; Buying

Player Name: Cristiano Ronaldo

Your Team: Newcastle United

Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £25million | Last year of his contract

Offer: £72million accepted | £215k a week - Match Fee £26k - Loyalty Bonus £6.5m - Agent Fee £6.5m

Season: 2014/15

He'll be 29 won't he? I'd be reluctant to sign him up for that amount of money so close to 30 odd personally....but on the other hand it would be hell of a coup for Newcastle.

Yeah, he's 29. My brain is saying no, he's costing you a fortune; and my heart saying yes, you're a Newcastle fan and your going to sign C.Ronaldo.

Waiting to hear back from his agent after accepting a contract, will be able to delay for a week. So will have to think things through.

Yeah, he's 29. My brain is saying no, he's costing you a fortune; and my heart saying yes, you're a Newcastle fan and your going to sign C.Ronaldo.

Waiting to hear back from his agent after accepting a contract, will be able to delay for a week. So will have to think things through.

I can see the temptation...the very definition of a marquee signing isn't it. With your consortium takeover of course it's less of a worry on the finance side for you, hope you haven't got any players sitting there with a 'Match Highest Earner' clause if you do go through with it though ;)

I can see the temptation...the very definition of a marquee signing isn't it. With your consortium takeover of course it's less of a worry on the finance side for you, hope you haven't got any players sitting there with a 'Match Highest Earner' clause if you do go through with it though ;)

No, I reject the attempts of any Big Time Charlie trying earn a fast buck with that clause in their contract; even Ronaldo wasn't aloud one. Think I'm going to go for it; I've got a nice regen he could work wonders on if I can get him to do some tutoring. That's an aspect of my team that is lacking, so Ronaldo could be a valuable Tutor.

Double Post - Update

Looks like I won't be going for Ronaldo this summer, he's been injured at the World Cup and will be out for 3months will a torn calf. May be an omen; but could give time on his contract to run out, and may be able to get a cheaper deal. Highly doubt Real Madrid will be letting his contract run until January, so don't think a bosman will be on the cards.

Just looking for a bit of advice on my riches of forwards:

I am in the 2nd season with Sunderland and currently have too many strikers but all of them could do a job for me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Currently have Cardozo and sturridge as my main strikers. both are amazing togther and sturridge hit 30 goals on loan from chelsea and just signed him for 4 million. Sanogo is a good impact player in rotation with sturridge.

However Gyan has returned from Loan, signed wilfried (as backup for cardozo) and I also have fierro joining from chivas next month. Whickham has been showing alot signs of developing and rather not sell has I know he has huge potential. I also have Gio santos who plays on the wing, that can also play upfront for cover if needed. Ji is also in the reserves but seems decent for his age but refuses to go on loan.

So in a nutshell I have the following: Gyan, Cardozo, Sanogo, wilfried, Sturridge, Whickham, Fierro, Ji. (8 strikers chasing just 2 spots!!) Thinking along the lines of selling Gyan (around 7 million and get rid of 60k wages) and Ji. Loan out whickham? arghhh to many strikers!

So in a nutshell I have the following: Gyan, Cardozo, Sanogo, wilfried, Sturridge, Whickham, Fierro, Ji. Thinking along the lines of sell Gyan and Ji and Loan out whickham? then again thinking Gyan would play well in rotation? arghhh to many strikers!

I'd sell Gyan, Ji and Sanogo, loan out Wickham.

That leaves you with Wilfried, Sturridge, Fierro and Cardozo to rotate about to gain them match experience. The next season I would sell the one who is performing the worst (aside from Fierro) and bring Wickham into the side.

I'd sell Gyan, Ji and Sanogo, loan out Wickham.

That leaves you with Wilfried, Sturridge, Fierro and Cardozo to rotate about to gain them match experience. The next season I would sell the one who is performing the worst (aside from Fierro) and bring Wickham into the side.

Does Sanogo not develop to become a top player? I realise from other threads that Fierro and Wilfried are highly rated. I do appreciate he may not get as much playing time but just feel he might have something to offer. Common sense maybe would have not been to sign Sturridge but when a guy comes on loan and bangs in 30 goals and is still very young for 4 million, it's a bargain. Add that he can play AML is also a added bonus. May try Loan out Sanogo and see how he performs on loan and if he doesn't develop then can always sell him for a healthy profit.

Just looking for a bit of advice on my riches of forwards:

I am in the 2nd season with Sunderland and currently have too many strikers but all of them could do a job for me. Any advice would be appreciated.

Currently have Cardozo and sturridge as my main strikers. both are amazing togther and sturridge hit 30 goals on loan from chelsea and just signed him for 4 million. Sanogo is a good impact player in rotation with sturridge.

However Gyan has returned from Loan, signed wilfried (as backup for cardozo) and I also have fierro joining from chivas next month. Whickham has been showing alot signs of developing and rather not sell has I know he has huge potential. I also have Gio santos who plays on the wing, that can also play upfront for cover if needed. Ji is also in the reserves but seems decent for his age but refuses to go on loan.

So in a nutshell I have the following: Gyan, Cardozo, Sanogo, wilfried, Sturridge, Whickham, Fierro, Ji. (8 strikers chasing just 2 spots!!) Thinking along the lines of selling Gyan (around 7 million and get rid of 60k wages) and Ji. Loan out whickham? arghhh to many strikers!

Seems like decent reasoning to me. If you signed Wilfried last season then I'd probably sell him and have Cardozo tutor Wickham, though if he's new obviously that won't be possible so yea I'd try to loan him to a decent level club where he'll play and tutor the following year. I'd definitely be looking long term to have an all-English strikeforce of Wickham and Sturridge. Could be devastating.

PS: I'd sell Ji if you can, having too many strikers just means that noone gets enough game time and I think your other options are better.

PPS: Sell Gyan too. Trouble maker.

Does Sanogo not develop to become a top player? I realise from other threads that Fierro and Wilfried are highly rated. I do appreciate he may not get as much playing time but just feel he might have something to offer. Common sense maybe would have not been to sign Sturridge but when a guy comes on loan and bangs in 30 goals and is still very young for 4 million, it's a bargain. Add that he can play AML is also a added bonus. May try Loan out Sanogo and see how he performs on loan and if he doesn't develop then can always sell him for a healthy profit.

I've had nothing but success with Sanogo but realistically you aren't going to keep everyone happy and I think the other players are going to have more to offer. Not to mention you will find a regen striker that you want and that will displace another somepoint soon ;)

I wouldn't have taken on Sturridge. He's got the pace and finishing but doesn't offer much else. You'll get more rounded players from the others on offer. Have a look for Achahbar too, he's turned into a beast in my game. Playing him as Taraquista ST and he's scored something like 34 in 33.

Buying; Buying

Player Name: Yann M'Villa

Seller: Stade Rennes

Player's Value: 6.5 Million/ transfer listed by request

Offer: 23.5 million accepted/ 68k a week

Season: will join for the winter transfer window/ 3rd season

I have Rodwell and Fernando (from Porto) and Leroy Fer as my CMs, but M'Villa is a great player and he and Rodwell can be my CMs for the next 8 years or so.

Selling : Kris Commons

My Team : Celtic

Buying Team : Reading

Players Value : £2.1M

Money Offered : £4.5M

Season 2

Have Albin waiting to join but Commons played very well for me in my first season but he lacks the pace i want in a winger... plus he is a set piece king for me

Selling : Beram Kayal

Buying Team : Wolves & Benfica

Players Worth : £1.8M

Offers Made : £10.5M & £12M

Season 2

He is my captain and my main defensive minded midfielder but that is a lot of money for a club like Celtic and could possibly help towards making Wilshere's loan move permanent or i have a £3.8M clause in Pogba's loan if i want to sign him

he is a good player though

Selling : Kris Commons

Buying Team : Reading

Players Value : £2.1M

Money Offered : £4.5M

Season 2

Have Albin waiting to join but Commons played very well for me in my first season but he lacks the pace i want in a winger... plus he is a set piece king for me

Sell him BB, Commons is a judas. :D

Selling : Beram Kayal

Buying Team : Wolves & Benfica

Players Worth : £1.8M

Offers Made : £10.5M & £12M

Season 2

He is my captain and my main defensive minded midfielder but that is a lot of money for a club like Celtic and could possibly help towards making Wilshere's loan move permanent or i have a £3.8M clause in Pogba's loan if i want to sign him

he is a good player though

Would only sell if you can really improve your squad alot.

Buying/Selling

Player Name: Chieck Tioté

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Newcastle

Player's Value: £4,100,000

Offer: £8,250,000

Transfer/Wage Budget: £38,000,000/£1,400,000

Season: Start of season 2

Do you really need him? :s

He's a decent player, the deal isn't great but it's not that bad either. If there's no other option that's cheaper/better than I guess go for it.

He's did nothing to warrant a £8.25m transfer in the four years I've managed him in my Newcastle save. Don't bother, better players available. The guy is technically average at best, and sn't suited to a top side.

Archived