FM 2012: Player Role & Duty Thread - Offering You The Best Possible Advices!

Fabio MVP

This year again we are offering you our help when it comes to players' roles and duties!

Feel free to ask for help if you're struggling with this segment of the game or be kind and offer us your help and advices on what are the best roles and duties for players you've had experience with!

Please post as per format below, so we could help in the best possible way. Otherwise I personally won't be trying to help you if you don't don't respect the format and you do know I'm the best adviser! ;)

Name:

Position:

Role:

Duty:

Other additional instructions:

Club:

Club's formation:

What do you want from your player:

Screenshot needed if the player is a newgen or if it's a real player, but his attributes aren't the same as on the begining of the game.

Good luck to everyone and I hope we'll be of use for you! :)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright seeing as nobody has done it, ill go with Carlos Tevez considering hes available at the start someone is bound to buy him :D

Name: Carlos Tevez

Position: AMC/ST

Role:

Duty:

Club: Whoever buys him

Club's formation:

Goals :D

Just to give you something to do ;)

Alright seeing as nobody has done it, ill go with Carlos Tevez considering hes available at the start someone is bound to buy him :D

Name: Carlos Tevez

Position: AMC/ST

Role:

Duty:

Club: Whoever buys him

Club's formation:

Goals :D

Just to give you something to do ;)

I wouldn't look to get goals out of him. I'd look for him to be the supportive striker who would drop deeper to receive the balls and play through balls to a striker on Attack duty. But, since you want him to score goals I'd ply him as a Deep lying Forward (Attack).

Name: Anderson

Position: MC/AMC

Role: Ball Winning Midfielder

Duty: Support/Defend

Other additional instructions: Very poor in Marking and Positioning.

Club: United

Club's formation: 4-4-2; 4-2-3-1 Wide.

What do you want from your player: Currently playing him as Deep Lying Playmaker, subbing him for Giggs. Fltcher is 1st choice BWM, then it's cross between Jones/Gibson. Sold Carrick.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been using Wilfried as a poacher, and thats the way Ive got the best out of him, but like you, Vossen is a complete guess. Ive been playing him with Ibisevic at Hoffenheim whilst Wilfried is injured, but will test this out.

Name: Ever Banega

Position: MC

Role: Deeplying playmaker

Duty: Support

Other additional instructions: Valencias playmaker to give the team the creative spark

Club: Valencia

Club's formation: 4-2-3-1. Banega playes in a 2 man midfield with a defensive midfielder playing just behind him

What do you want from your player: For him to play like in real life. Fantastic dribbling skills, ability to put in unbelievable through balls, long balls. Determined player who despite his small stature puts in a fair amount of challenges to win the ball. Irl he has been bossing Valencia's midfield dictating tempo, having high pass completion, plenty of assists and goals once in a while. In fact he has ended up MOM many times this season. In my team he only creates a few assists, rarely dribbles or does something fancy in the midfield. His ratings are also always under 7. Any idea how i can play him to get him to contribute more to my team

Btw heres a clip of him irl, in case you are wondering about his style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEcZAtjkIZI&feature=player_embedded#!

Wilfried played well for me as a poacher when he wasn't injured all the time, and Vossen looks like he would be okay as a deep-lying forward, attack or support. Educated guess with Vossen though.

Jelle Vossen has very good tackling for a striker, makes him in theory perfect for defensive forward support.

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Yaya Sanogo

Position: Middle man in a front 3

Role: tresq

Duty: go out and propel to promotion

Club: West Ham (on a 3 month Loan from Man City)

Club's formation: 4-3-3

What do you want from your player: to score some goals he hasnt scored in 7 games since signing for me

Name: Neymar

Position: ST/AMC/AML/R

Role: Attack

Duty: Create and support or finish.

Club: Liverpool

Club's formation: 4-2-3-1 (sometimes 4-5-1)

What do you want from your player: biggest problem is i'm not sure where to play him, and i'm not getting enough goals out of him. 1 forward position, 3 attacking mid positings. not sure who to put where. neymar, suarez, gerrard (a bit older now), tevez (also a bit older), a very good regen, carroll, and a couple others.

the biggest thing is, do i keep going with 1 up front? or do i have neymar and suarez play both up front? if so, what roles? and what formation for the rest? my goal scoring in this game hasn't been very high compared to others, but i've still been winning decently. just havent found the game quite as easy as everyone else seems to.

What do you want from your player: biggest problem is i'm not sure where to play him, and i'm not getting enough goals out of him. 1 forward position, 3 attacking mid positings. not sure who to put where. neymar, suarez, gerrard (a bit older now), tevez (also a bit older), a very good regen, carroll, and a couple others.

the biggest thing is, do i keep going with 1 up front? or do i have neymar and suarez play both up front? if so, what roles? and what formation for the rest? my goal scoring in this game hasn't been very high compared to others, but i've still been winning decently. just havent found the game quite as easy as everyone else seems to.

I would play him as a Poacher with in partnership with Carrol who would be Target Man (Support).

If you are sticking to your guns formation wise then I would use him as an AM (4-2-3-1) or a winger (4-5-1) and play him as an inside forward in both formations and maybe tweak his menallity etc a little bit. Like run with the ball loads, shots etc.

Otherwise, I agree with Fabio. Use him as a poacher with Carroll as a TM support with supply to head :thup:.

Name: Juan Mata

Position:

Role: Trequarstista

Duty: Attack

Club: Manchester United

Club's formation: 4 2 2 2

What do you want from your player: Score Goals..

any other better position to get the better form from him? as he not been scoring goals regularly playing in Trequarstista position..

rotteveel.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us]

Name: Gerrit Rotteveel

Position: ST/AMC

Role: Target Man / Adv Play

Duty: Attack / support

Club: Man Utd

Club's formation: Looking to rebuild Man United in the year 2031

What do you want from your player: More! I want more! He was one of my first signings and last season, his first, he scored 22 in 40 playing him up top on his own as a DLF however i'm now playing with 2 up top and I want to build the team around this chap. I currently have him as a deep lying forward with RFD set to often but he just isn't doing it in the league. He banged in a load against a dodgy Icelandic team in Europe. He's paired with a poacher.

jungn.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Name: Marian Jung

Position: MC/RM/RW/AMR/AMC

Role: RM

Duty: ATTACk

Club's formation:

What do you want from your player: I want to find his best position. My assistant says RM but I like proper wingers and my LM is a playmaker too so I need an outlet to get down the wings therefore I prefer to play him centrally. Could he be a winger? My 'proper' winger isn't that good though, fairly basic technique, quick and a decent crosser so I wouldn't mind dropping him for Jung on the wing.

I have an AML and an AMR in one formation, and in the other I have AMR, AML and an AMC.

Poacher or Advanced Forward will do just fine then.

Name: Juan Mata

Position:

Role: Trequarstista

Club: Manchester United

Club's formation: 4 2 2 2

What do you want from your player: Score Goals..

any other better position to get the better form from him? as he not been scoring goals regularly playing in Trequarstista position..

AML - Winger (Attack) or (Support).

rotteveel.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us]

Name: Gerrit Rotteveel

Position: ST/AMC

Role: Target Man / Adv Play

Duty: Attack / support

Club's formation: Looking to rebuild Man United in the year 2031

What do you want from your player: More! I want more! He was one of my first signings and last season, his first, he scored 22 in 40 playing him up top on his own as a DLF however i'm now playing with 2 up top and I want to build the team around this chap. I currently have him as a deep lying forward with RFD set to often but he just isn't doing it in the league. He banged in a load against a dodgy Icelandic team in Europe. He's paired with a poacher.

Advanced Forward IMO.

jungn.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Name: Marian Jung

Position: MC/RM/RW/AMR/AMC

Role: RM

Duty: ATTACk

Club's formation:

What do you want from your player: I want to find his best position. My assistant says RM but I like proper wingers and my LM is a playmaker too so I need an outlet to get down the wings therefore I prefer to play him centrally. Could he be a winger? My 'proper' winger isn't that good though, fairly basic technique, quick and a decent crosser so I wouldn't mind dropping him for Jung on the wing.

What does it says in his description?

• 2 weeks later...
Name: Andy Carroll

Position: Striker

Role: Target Man

Club's formation: 4-2-4

What do you want from your player: GOALSSSSSSSSSSSSSS please :-)

Target Man (Attack) is what suits him best IMO if you want goals from him. I would though play him as a Target Man (Support) in a combination with Poacher or Advanced Forward.

What makes this thread so special then? Nobody is sticking to the format/template, yet it's stayed open. I see loads of other posters on here who just want to ask a simple question or request simple advice, but because they don't ask in the "special way" by using a template, the thread gets instantly closed. It would be nice to see everyone be treated equally and it's obviously not the OP's fault here that very little contributing to this thread have stuck to his wish of following his format. Personally, I don't post as much on here now, simply because I can't be bothered to look up the "appropriate, special, correct" way to post something. I simply don't have the time to post 5 or 6 different screenshots, write 5 or 6 different paragraphs and spend hours researching a players background when doing a post on a specific player, so as that's not acceptable on here anymore, my thread gets closed down and then I think "why bother?" Sorry to go a little off topic here and trust me, I am not having a rant, I'm just getting the point across that it's now becoming a little over the top imo. To be honest, I am surprised the majority of posts in this thread haven't been removed as they are not sticking to the OP's template, but maybe some of the more regular posters who suck up are allowed to bend the rules and get away with things a little bit more?

Anyway, now I've got my points across, I will make an effort to stick to the OP's template as he has clearly displayed the format. I am struggling to get Albin Ekdal performing consistantly, he's averaging just under a 7 rating but I paid 13 millipn pounds for him and stats wise, he looks a lot better than a just under an average of a 7 rating player. Any ideas how I can get him to improve would be greatly appreciated. At the moment, I am playing him like this:

Name: Albin Ekdal

Position: Centre Midfield

Role: Centre Midfield

Duty: Attacking

Club: Cardiff

Club's formation: 4-1-2-1-2

What do you want from your player: I want him to dictate and orchestrate the game basically. He's anonymous sometimes, he tends to drift in and out and doesn't seem to have the impact he should. Before someone suggests setting him as a playmaker to get him on the ball more, I haven't done this as I have a few players equal to Ekdal's ability, so setting Ekdal as a playmaker when I have other players just as capable won't make sense I don't think?

What makes this thread so special then? Nobody is sticking to the format/template, yet it's stayed open. I see loads of other posters on here who just want to ask a simple question or request simple advice, but because they don't ask in the "special way" by using a template, the thread gets instantly closed. It would be nice to see everyone be treated equally and it's obviously not the OP's fault here that very little contributing to this thread have stuck to his wish of following his format. Personally, I don't post as much on here now, simply because I can't be bothered to look up the "appropriate, special, correct" way to post something. I simply don't have the time to post 5 or 6 different screenshots, write 5 or 6 different paragraphs and spend hours researching a players background when doing a post on a specific player, so as that's not acceptable on here anymore, my thread gets closed down and then I think "why bother?" Sorry to go a little off topic here and trust me, I am not having a rant, I'm just getting the point across that it's now becoming a little over the top imo. To be honest, I am surprised the majority of posts in this thread haven't been removed as they are not sticking to the OP's template, but maybe some of the more regular posters who suck up are allowed to bend the rules and get away with things a little bit more?

Anyway, now I've got my points across, I will make an effort to stick to the OP's template as he has clearly displayed the format. I am struggling to get Albin Ekdal performing consistantly, he's averaging just under a 7 rating but I paid 13 millipn pounds for him and stats wise, he looks a lot better than a just under an average of a 7 rating player. Any ideas how I can get him to improve would be greatly appreciated. At the moment, I am playing him like this:

Name: Albin Ekdal

Position: Centre Midfield

Role: Centre Midfield

Duty: Attacking

Club: Cardiff

Club's formation: 4-1-2-1-2

What do you want from your player: I want him to dictate and orchestrate the game basically. He's anonymous sometimes, he tends to drift in and out and doesn't seem to have the impact he should. Before someone suggests setting him as a playmaker to get him on the ball more, I haven't done this as I have a few players equal to Ekdal's ability, so setting Ekdal as a playmaker when I have other players just as capable won't make sense I don't think?

At least 90% of posts in this thread were correctly written. Anyway that player isn't in my save game, so I don't know how he looks. That's why I can't help you. If you post an SS of him then I just might. :D

Archived