*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

Hmm I might stick with the 4231 as my main tactic but use yours for tougher games as it seems very solid defensively. As macca said, it is good to have a backup tactic in match prep.

i guess he might not be putting them away like because he not your typical amc

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i moved the amc to mc right dmc to mc and left dmc in middle but hi still in dmc position looks like this

capturetym.png

as you can see galloppa is the amc position and morrone is the right dmc

These are the fixtures

51605804.png

here is the tactic if you guys want to test it

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20953843/

great work mate. nice to see, people trying to tweak it the way, they want to do it :)

what exactly did you tweak at all?

from the games, Ive played so far, I can say, that attacking wingers, so AMR/AML dont really do the defensive work, they did in fm 11. also the amc, I have eriksen with work rate 16, but they all stay in the opposition third, while my two holding midfielders are chasing the whole field and leave huge gaps. with mr/ml I dont have these kind of problems and also defence looks much tighter. problem is, in my sevilla save, I just have navas and perotti, who can play as wider midfielders, the rest are typical inside forwards. might start a save with tottenham, just to experiment with a defensive 4231 and a flat 4411, as they have a much deeper squad. tomorrow, my long weekend is going to start, so that I probably going to spend the next 48 hours on fm xD

might find out a bit more :)

great work mate. nice to see, people trying to tweak it the way, they want to do it :)

from the games, Ive played so far, I can say, that attacking wingers, so AMR/AML dont really do the defensive work, they did in fm 11. also the amc, I have eriksen with work rate 16, but they all stay in the opposition third, while my two holding midfielders are chasing the whole field and leave huge gaps. with mr/ml I dont have these kind of problems and also defence looks much tighter. problem is, in my sevilla save, I just have navas and perotti, who can play as wider midfielders, the rest are typical inside forwards. might start a save with tottenham, just to experiment with a defensive 4231 and a flat 4411, as they have a much deeper squad. tomorrow, my long weekend is going to start, so that I probably going to spend the next 48 hours on fm xD

Good to hear mate :)

Does that mean we might be seeing a new tactic this weekend? :D

[/b]

Good to hear mate :)

Does that mean we might be seeing a new tactic this weekend? :D

I cant promise anything, as I wouldnt really like to give a promise and then disappoint you guys, I just say, Im doing all I can do, on thursday mornings are my last lessons in college, so that I have weekend from thursday on and this means, finally I can have a deeper look into the game, then just quickly playing a game and trying to find ways to solve this and that problem as quickly as possible. with more freetime, I can also look deeper into games, can play the same oppositions a few more times, trying out new tactics to look, how they work on the same opposition, how the AI reacts and so on. this is in my opinion a very important thing, when you want to create a tactic, since playing against different oppositions will mean, that you face different tactics, formations, but you cant really say, whether the tactic is (plug and play), since there might be less stronger oppositions, or ai playing a formation, which doesnt favour your formation and so on...

the only problem Im having so far is, that I would really like to create my favourite 4231 with two DMCs, as I just cant play without this formation, but so far, looking like match engine doesnt favour it as in fm11 :( but me, a realy dickhead, will probably spend hours and days to find a way to adapt it into the me... hope I can recognize, that I should better test another formation :)

I changed from Mr. Hough's tactic to cragswfs's now half through the pre-season friendlies....and so far it is looking good :)

Won all 3 so far but the main thing is that I have created 25+ chances and only had 1, 3 and 4 chances against me - compared to 3, 22 and 13 against with mr. hough's tactic. We will see now that the competition gets more stiff :) Last friendly before Premier League starts is home against Celtic which should give me a clue whether this really has potential or not.

....I will keep you posted.

i ant toched the sliders just moved player positions about

Cragswfc really like what you did with the tactic I tested it for half a season with OFK Belgrade media prediction 6 was 3rd after first half of the season.

For testing I used go on holiday and I consider this a great result because the team is realisticly even weaker than the media prediction says and since this result was done with no signings I am impressed.

Will start now again properly and I reckon with a few key signings I might be able to finish the season unbeaten, I will post results tomorrow and will try to watch for the details in games and give you more detailed feedback.

glad you like it but the big thanks goes to el_magico89

no mate, it was your idea, I dont have anything to do with it. in terms, great thx to you, since I feel a less more on pressure to bring out something as quickly as possible, since yours seem to be very reliable and gives me some time, to focus on mine, while people can use yours and dont need to wait so long for another tactic ;)

@ cragswfc - Great results mate. I have a question though. What type of players do you use for the MCL position and the MCR position?

Keep us updated on how things are going mate :)

i would say same as the old settings so if you can get i amc (lampard) type in the left side and the dmc (gattuso ) type in right side you on to a winner i think lol

@craigswfc. Is this for fm11 or fm 12? Using it on FM 12 with Wolves in my 2nd season, not doing too well. Conceding a shed load of goals. Signed Mateo Musacchio and got Roger Johnson alongside him, so a decent defence. Lost 5-3 at home to Wigan (Championship) in the League cup. Got Kwadwo Asamoah among a lot of other good players. Won the FA Cup previous season. Do you think my players just need to gel? At the moment it doesn't look promising.

What do you think?
yes i think hell be perfect
@cragswfc, Great tweak update! My grimsby town has ripped apart BSP!
cheers
@craigswfc. Is this for fm11 or fm 12? Using it on FM 12 with Wolves in my 2nd season, not doing too well. Conceding a shed load of goals. Signed Mateo Musacchio and got Roger Johnson alongside him, so a decent defence. Lost 5-3 at home to Wigan (Championship) in the League cup. Got Kwadwo Asamoah among a lot of other good players. Won the FA Cup previous season. Do you think my players just need to gel? At the moment it doesn't look promising.
on fm12 pal

I wish I could show you my last game. Lost 3-2 against Swansea. The defending actually annoys me! Does your team suffer terrible defending before it gets better? Do you use OI's?
no my team is tight. + i never use oi's

I will give this a go...

pitch size and match preparation?

i use standard pitch/ match prep same as opening post
Thanks Craig, it prob just doesn't suit my team. Will perservere though as it may just be taking them longer to gel within the tactic.

took me half season to

---------------------------------------------

finally lost :mad:

cragswfcnewsinbox2.png

@Cragswfc! Is this working for you on 12.0.4? OFF TOPIC - I wen't to Hillsborough years back to watch Grimsby V Wednesday in the FA Cup we lost 7-1 but John Oster's Goal for us was world class! Got the tram/train home a very unhappy boy though.

Missed the 12.0.4 comments, im getting pissed off with these constant hot fix's that mess with the ME!

-----------------------------

Football Manager 2012 v12.0.4 Changelist

-----------------------------

Competitions

============

Australia

---------

- Fixed a bug where the game gets stuck when the user is forced to register a youth player who turned into a pro in the Australian A-League.

Finland

-------

- Fixed issue with player bans not working correctly in the First Division.

General

=======

- Fixed crash when using the "Pick Team For Me" button when all manageable clubs have been taken over by human managers.

- Fixed crash when activating a new division level which has promotion/relegation playoffs with the division above and is made up of regional divisions. (e.g. Third level in Sweden)

- Fixed crash on game startup if a club's loyalty and passion supporter profiles are set to 0 using the editor.

- Game now doesn't allow nations to be deactivated in 2011 before its competitions have finished. This was causing a few problems later in the game.

- Fixed bug where Spanish outfield player could not be given a valid squad number before match if a goalkeeper already had number 25 and number 13 was the only number free.

- Fixed an issue which was affecting AMD/ATI Radeon Cards causing intermittent crashes

Match

=====

- Some colour clash fixes.

International

=============

- Fixed bug where players currently selected in an U19 team are then deemed to old when the U19 European Championship qualifiers are scheduled.

- Fixed bug where a replacement player could not be called up to a national team that doesn't have a full squad selected.

- The overage players in the squad can now play for U23 team friendlies before the Olympic Games.

UI

==

- Twitter and Youtube login now works on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

Absolutely notin about ME changes either so in "theory" it should still work the same, but i had the same problem when it went up to .2 & .3 Really annoying lucky i've already won the league but worried about my first years in League Two.

@Cragswfc! Is this working for you on 12.0.4? OFF TOPIC - I wen't to Hillsborough years back to watch Grimsby V Wednesday in the FA Cup we lost 7-1 but John Oster's Goal for us was world class! Got the tram/train home a very unhappy boy though.

Missed the 12.0.4 comments, im getting pissed off with these constant hot fix's that mess with the ME!

Absolutely notin about ME changes either so in "theory" it should still work the same, but i had the same problem when it went up to .2 & .3 Really annoying lucky i've already won the league but worried about my first years in League Two.

yeah its wired. yes i can remba that tony carne played for us. did he move to your later that in his career

Archived