*Mourinho's counter attacking 4231deep* treble in 1st season with At.Madrid

@ el magico - If what you are saying is true then I dunno why the SI staff would say the only changes made were to the animations and graphics of the ME.

i thought that the me changed. not much but some players just seem to leave there man when running back. and about the me if it dint change the 4411 would work wunt it???

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know, where they did get this, but there is definately some really big changes in the ME. I mean, playing with sevilla, have perotti and navas on the wings and struggling to past through the fullbacks. one thing I can easily say is, that having pace is not that important anywhere. SI finally has noticed, that mental attributes are as important as physical. currently, am working on a tactic, which will be some kind of a big tweak of the 4231 but with two cms instead of dmcs, since I feel, this way in this new ME it gives me much more solidness in the back. have conceded 9 goals in my first 4 games with my old fm11.3 tactic, and now, just put the DMCs a bit further up the pitch and managed two clean sheets against valencia and atletico madrid away, both victories. gonna be some hard work ...

I dont know, where they did get this, but there is definately some really big changes in the ME. I mean, playing with sevilla, have perotti and navas on the wings and struggling to past through the fullbacks. one thing I can easily say is, that having pace is not that important anywhere. SI finally has noticed, that mental attributes are as important as physical. currently, am working on a tactic, which will be some kind of a big tweak of the 4231 but with two cms instead of dmcs, since I feel, this way in this new ME it gives me much more solidness in the back. have conceded 9 goals in my first 4 games with my old fm11.3 tactic, and now, just put the DMCs a bit further up the pitch and managed two clean sheets against valencia and atletico madrid away, both victories. gonna be some hard work ...

Yes my favorite formation! I keep my attention on this thread! I'm guessing within the next couple of weeks? :D

On FM12, this is working very nicely for me with Aberdeen in Season 2. Two defeats, one at bottom placed Raith which is the only game they've won. Apart from that, great, beat Celtic 3-1 away and drew 3-3 at Rangers.

Top of the league at the halfway stage, 14 points in front of 3rd placed Rangers.

Its no mean feat to be leading the Old Firm in Season 2 and for that, I thank you. Only hope my small squad can stay clear of injury in the run-in.

i pushed the 2 dm up to cm position's this if the only game but hey what a result

sheffwedvchelseasplitvi.png

Uploaded by Crag Swfc with ImageShack.us

On FM12, this is working very nicely for me with Aberdeen in Season 2. Two defeats, one at bottom placed Raith which is the only game they've won. Apart from that, great, beat Celtic 3-1 away and drew 3-3 at Rangers.

Top of the league at the halfway stage, 14 points in front of 3rd placed Rangers.

Its no mean feat to be leading the Old Firm in Season 2 and for that, I thank you. Only hope my small squad can stay clear of injury in the run-in.

ACE :) Another Dons fan!

I'm sitting joint top with Rangers, season 1, just after Xmas, but we've had some shocking defeats (United done us 5-1 at todders) but so far still working. Got 3 network games to finish with FM11 before I can get onto the FM12 save properly.

Have you done any tweaks or just gone with the the default tactic from the OP?

By looking at cragswfc's screenshot it looks like 2 CM's do work better than 2 DM's this time? @ cragswfc - Did it feel more solid in defence with the 2 CM's?

It looks like you are onto something here el magico so I'm looking forward to your 4231 with 2 CM's as it's probably my favourite formation.

By looking at cragswfc's screenshot it looks like 2 CM's do work better than 2 DM's this time? @ cragswfc - Did it feel more solid in defence with the 2 CM's?

It looks like you are onto something here el magico so I'm looking forward to your 4231 with 2 CM's as it's probably my favourite formation.

no mate it does add to the attack but i lost that solidness at the back :( not that it was ever solid lol

hi guys,

after getting the game on friday evening, I had some time to play a couple of games in the last few hours.

started a save with sevilla and used my 4231 tactic from 11.3, as I wanted to find out, if it still works, how it works with the new match engine and so on. well, I must admit, that the ME has changed, but not that much. the first thing I could observe is, that the AI is reacting much, much more intelligent in terms of defensive play. they are doing pretty good work in closing down the moving-areas of my amc, so that he is always surrounded by a couple of defenders, when he touches the ball. also, what Ive noticed is, that even I had navas and perotti as wingers, they normally two of the best wingers in the game, they kinda acted very selfishly. in cases, where they just needed to play the ball into the box, they tried to score a hollywood like goal from 20 yards and from a very difficult angle. another thing, which Ive noticed is, that my AMC and wingers dont really close down the players properly. they tend to break and stop their run and let the opposition player run free. navas and eriksen( have signed him as amc) have both more than 15 for workrate and they are just hanging arround and dont even think about trying to put the opposition player under pressure. there arent heavily huge changes in the me, just small in every possible area. I tried to do a new tactic without dmcs, much more with MCs, but once again, I had to observe, that playing without a real holding midfielder is just a suicide in this game. you can do the best settings, as long as you dont have at least one DMC, there will be a huge gap between the d-line and midfield, which will cruically be used in favour of the opposition. I have decided to stay with my beloved 4231 formation and to try to tweak it that way, so that the same stlye of play, same idea is just adapted to the new match engine. one thing Ive thought of is, to make it possible, that at least one of the DMCs runs forward aswell, so that the amc isnt left alone in the center of the pitch and the opposition players have an easy job to just mark him out of the game. I thought, when a winger, or one DMC also play very close the amc, the AI should mark both of them, which would leave gaps in other areas. so these are my ideas so far. I cant promise you guys, when Im going to release a new version, as I really have very very less free-time, since the studies have started, wished the games been released a few months before :(

so, I cant wish anything else than patience :)

heard Mr.Hough the Maestro has released his tactic, so you guys could play with his until I have done some good work, so that you guys dont need to wait for me, instead can start to enjoy the game with mr.houghs wonderwork ;)

not that long mate, hope to upload something at very, very least by the next weekend ;)

im doing my best :)

Ah no problem then mate I can wait a week :D

I'm glad it won't be months as I'm patient but not that patient! :p

In FM 12 I'm going Man Utd (my 2nd team) instead of Hearts. I wonder if the old 4231 would work with a team as good as Utd?

The old 4231 is still working wonders, seems like it's 50/50 as to whether people think it works. It worked for me !

EndOfChampionship.jpg

nice results mate, I cant still say anything exactly, since when I took over sevilla, even after 10 games, I had still problems in the team, several players struggling to motivate themselves to play for you and so on. I had never such a problem. from the very first day on, more than half of the team had the opinion, that my lack of experience would damage the team and so on and so they didnt want to play for me. thats why Im once again starting a save with this tactic an am properly gonna watch, how it works. I dont say, that its not working, but unfortunately we dont have that much users, who are willing to play some games and upload their screens. there is a mood, that the tactic isnt working anymore and lots of people are feared to test it. I mean, if you read mr.houghs thread, he himself has used an old tactic of fm11, maybe a bit tweaks to create a new one. so pls guys, I dont have that much time atm, pls test this tactic for more than a few games and upload a screenshot ;)

The old 4231 is still working wonders, seems like it's 50/50 as to whether people think it works. It worked for me !

EndOfChampionship.jpg

Great season mate! What was your media prediction? I notice you didn't have a problem with the defence either.

See, now I'm confused as some people are saying it still works and others are saying it doesn't. I think you have even confused the 'special one' himself, el magico! :lol:

I guess there is only one way to sort this confusion out for myself...I'll have to give it a shot :) Although by the time I finish a season, el magico will have released a new tactic lol so yeah I'll post a screenshot after 10 league games or so, probably tomorrow or wednesday so stay tuned :)

nice results mate, I cant still say anything exactly, since when I took over sevilla, even after 10 games, I had still problems in the team, several players struggling to motivate themselves to play for you and so on. I had never such a problem. from the very first day on, more than half of the team had the opinion, that my lack of experience would damage the team and so on and so they didnt want to play for me. thats why Im once again starting a save with this tactic an am properly gonna watch, how it works. I dont say, that its not working, but unfortunately we dont have that much users, who are willing to play some games and upload their screens. there is a mood, that the tactic isnt working anymore and lots of people are feared to test it. I mean, if you read mr.houghs thread, he himself has used an old tactic of fm11, maybe a bit tweaks to create a new one. so pls guys, I dont have that much time atm, pls test this tactic for more than a few games and upload a screenshot ;)

I played a season and a half with the 4-2-3-1 in the brazilian league, and it's still solid, specially the defence, but the attack is certainly not as good as it was in 11.3. I felt that it created a lot less chances, and scored much less goals. I still won most games because of the corners to the near post, but wasn't getting the enjoyment out of the tactic as in 11.3, so I decided to start a save with Zero Sea's tactic, and although it can be said that the settings are not reallistic, the counter attack football it plays is unbeliavable. But back to your tactic, I feel that some tweaks are needed to make it more aggressive in the attacking department.

Great season mate! What was your media prediction? I notice you didn't have a problem with the defence either.

See, now I'm confused as some people are saying it still works and others are saying it doesn't. I think you have even confused the 'special one' himself, el magico! :lol:

I guess there is only one way to sort this confusion out for myself...I'll have to give it a shot :) Although by the time I finish a season, el magico will have released a new tactic lol so yeah I'll post a screenshot after 10 league games or so, probably tomorrow or wednesday so stay tuned :)

Media prediction is 3rd, and I did buy some good players. However...

The default squad isn't as good as the prediction suggests, and I personally thought the tactic looked great. I had very good average ratings for both of the DM's which I have always found is very rare with DM's in previous versions. The right sided DM played some great through balls to the wingers and forward and my AM was a retrained MC, and he performed very well also.

In short, I would give it a go, I don't want to make assumptions, but I think that the whole tone system in the teamtalks has made a difference this year, I quite often tell the players (in a calm tone) that I'm happy with them at half time, and it's no longer the suicide mission it used to be, in fact I'd go as far to say that it's something that should be encouraged.

The defence looked good, with no memorable "silly" moments like in previous FM's, fullbacks seem a lot better this time round, and my goals conceeded came from a fair mix of mistakes, set pieces and good play from the AI.

I'm sure the ME has changed, but I'm not convinced it's as much as some people believe. In short, this is still a very, very good tactic. My message to you el_magico, is don't throw everything away and start again, If you want to make another formation (my humble, humble opinion) would be to either change the AM to another FC, or maybe try change one of the DM's to a CM. Other than that maybe a little tweak here and there is all you need.

Other than that, this still goes down as one of the best constructed (none exploit) tactics I've ever used.

Edit: el_magico, if you need me to post you any specific screenshots of anything in my first season, let me know and I'll help.

@ marcelo - That's strange because most of the screenshots I've seen from people have shown a lot of goals scored, if anything it's the goals conceded some people have been having problems with.

It could be because I was playing with São Paulo FC, a top brazilian side, and most teams played very defensive against me, but definitely had more problemas on offense than on defence.

As I said, the tactic is still solid, but worked better for me in 11.3.

This is the final league table. :

spfctable.jpg

It could be because I was playing with São Paulo FC, a top brazilian side, and most teams played very defensive against me, but definitely had more problemas on offense than on defence.

As I said, the tactic is still solid, but worked better for me in 11.3.

This is the final league table. :

spfctable.jpg

Man, you are one hard fella to please ! :eek:;)

the tactic REMAINS good, but not as good as in FM 11...

Those many loses Marcelo (and other people before) for example has, they happen in Europe Competitions too, and there they make a huge difference whether you will be succesfull or not...

This tactic last year was close to a diablo!

Anyway we wait for el_magico great "Win ME" eye! :D

i've started to use your 4231 tactic in FM12 and i can say that it's really good. i'm playing two saves and the results are amazing: in my juventus save i'm clearly top of the league (and unbeaten) after 25 matches; on my laptop save i've started with corby town in blue square north, played 12, 10 W 1 D 1 L. have to say that i've made a couple of minor tweaks (1 notch more in fullbacks mentality, changed the trequartista with no free role and no moves into channels). i've found these key attributes : pace\acceleration for striker and wings, acceleration tackling and jumping for dm left.

I just started my first season with QPR in FM12. Used the 4-2-3-1 tactic in FM11 (with corner settings) and became second in league after only 2 seasons. So I wanted to try the same tactic in FM12 but my stats are not good. First 24 matches (excluding friendlies which gave me the first hint at something was wrong when loosing to Burnley) I only won 5 and drew 2. The main problem is defence - most teams walk through my defense like a saloon door but I also do NOT create as many chances as in FM11. I acknowledge that many people above have had plenty of success stories in FM12 but i guess QPR is not good enough in the first season to execute this tactic even though I did buy Lucas Digne DL, Marco Veratti DM/AM and Leigh Griffith ST to supplement the starting squad.

I then switched to Mr. Houghs tactic (his initial FM12 one, not the tweaked one), and now I have won 11 of the last 18 matches which have secured me another season in the premiership (yay!).

I have not given up on Mou 4-2-3-1 tactic yet but at the moment I am playing safe with Mr. Hough's tactic until a tweaked version is out - hopefully soon :)

Please give me advice if you think I am doing something obvious wrong (and QPR is my favorite team since 1982 so please do not hint at anything funny) :)

yes but my player just dunt take the chances to score :( but in time if i get some £££££££££ i'll get kaka, messi/ ronaldo lol to play there

Hmm I might stick with the 4231 as my main tactic but use yours for tougher games as it seems very solid defensively. As macca said, it is good to have a backup tactic in match prep.

Archived