FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another decent season mate, nicely done. Im happy to hear you've got Abenzoar coming back! He's made RB his own on my game this season (2011/12).. superb player.

Great season Ben Arfa's had.. incredible amount of goals. He normally only manages about 10-15 a season for me.

cheers, i really need to crack europe. But for some reason that time of year my team has a slump in form.

Best chance will be next year, after that barzagli will be on the decline i reckon.

First regen making the step up next season possibly, he's due back from loan in next few weeks. Seems like he had a good experience.

So far transfer wise, i don't know if things are going well or bad.

Squillaci has gone for 5M to A.C Milan who have given me piatti in exchange. This seems as a good move as piatti had a very sucessful tution by kaka, has all his preffered moves and hopefully with my training schedule, could even be ready by january.

i've got costil for 1M and lulinha's joined as well, but i want to send him out on loan.

I've triggered sinima Pongolles release clause for 7M and offered a contract, but I've also had a 11M bid for Anelka accepted so has anyone got any advice in that department.

However, i'm sad to say that I'm about to lose Montolivo, who like i said earlier, was vital and instrumental in my champions league run, for 25M to a.c milan. that being said, 25M and already having van der vaart, piatti and lulinha, things could be worse.

so currently my squad is:

GK: Verctoure, Costil, Coupet

DR: Clerc, Revelliere, Abenzoar

DL: Grosso, Behladj

DC: Samba, Cris, Muller, Palliot, Sakho, Anderson(hopefully will be gone soon)

Wingers: Menez, Ben Arfa, Gouvou, Keita.

MC: Juninho, Bodmer, Van Der Vaart,Piatti, Lulinha. I think I need a more defensive minded midfielder)

FC: Benzema, Fred, Keita.

any suggestions to improve as i feel it is still weak, should have about 50M to spend

Personally i think the defence could do with a strong centre back. I never felt Cris and Muller were good enough.

Shame on losing Montolivo, i lost him after first season for a huge fee, and to be honest i never missed him. Brought in luis jiminez who is good, also matias fernandez is good as always, even if he is toned down a bit on 8.02

Shame you couldn't get a little more for Squillaci but Piatti sounds promising. Keep us posted on how he turns out.

I'd say no to Anelka, only because he's getting on now and thats a lot of money to spend on a player that will only last a few seasons. I've no experience for S.Pongolle but he has done well in his career on my save.. i'd say he'd definatly be worth a go. Otherwise try Gignac or Briand.

In regards to your squad, you could definatly use another more defensive minded player in MF. Try looking at Makoun, M.Veloso, M.Flamini, or L.Diarra.

I'd maybe also consider selling Muller and Gouvou and replacing them with some younger players. This is just down to personal prefrence though. I haven't really used either in any of my saves.

Possible replacement for Gouvou would be Y.Gouffran.. And for Muller prehaps Bellaid, Dervite, Pique, Nordtveit or Barzagli.

Pernambucano

Yes the board becomes cheap in second season. But in third it goes up (a little).

Sakho and Mensah are good mate. Paillot i sold didn't cut it for me.

Another DC wouldn't hurt.

No to Anelka. Don't know about Pongolle but have a look at Gignac or Briand.

A DM would be fine too imo. You know the ones.

Hulk

This is in euro.

Coupet : 4-5 mil

Squillaci : depends on how well he did but i'm guessing +20 mil should be possible (seeing that they offered 32 mil with me)

Anderson : tough one about 2 mil

Cris : should get 7 mil

Grosso : easely 10 mil imo

Juninho : you can't sell him nobody wants him anymore mate, maybe you get lucky with lower wages but i doubt that.

You should have sold Kallstrom. Balotelli becomes good and you could have loaned him out.

Twatty

Welcome and good luck mate.

We are all eagerly anticipating on your first post. icon_biggrin.gif

Agent Tiro

Congrats on your season. You won everything. icon14.gif

CL icon_biggrin.gif. Better luck next year.

Ben Arfa amazing 39 goals at AMC. I'm thinking of revamping my tactic (again).

Abenzoar is worldclass on my game mate. icon14.gif So good buy-back.

After 5 very successful years in charge of the mighty Lyon (5 League Titles, 3 Champions League Titles, 3 French Cups, 3 League Cups, 4 Champions Trophies, 1 European Super Cup & 1 World Club Championship icon_cool.gif) I have decided it's time for another challenge.

After careful deliberation I have chosen to start a new save as Atletico Madrid (won't be easy up against Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla & Valencia). I have just made my first post on the Atletico thread and it's a very lonely place icon_frown.gif So if any of you have any spare time please come and visit me there!

I won't be abandoning my Lyon save completely (how could I!), and i'm sure the lure of Lyon won't keep me away too long.

So good luck to everyone and keep up the good work icon14.gif

End of Winter Transfer Window Update

Squad

03242008155037rs6.th.jpg

Transfers In

Dean Bozanis - £325k

Joe Mattock - £3.5M

Transfers Out

Anthony Reveillere - £3.3M

Younousse Sankhare - Loan

Have agreed to sign Flamini on a free transfer for next season aswell \o/ will still try for Pablo aswell

Kallstrom & Bodmer running roit atm with goals and assists while Toulalan, Dentinho & Lloris have struggled (although that hasn't stopped Lloris being picked for the french national team atm)

have a bastard CL KO draw against Roma with teh first leg being away icon_frown.gif

mon a good half of the season

Originally posted by purefun:

My update will be for tomorrow. Just need to play the last month. icon_rolleyes.gif Its taking me ages to finally end this season.

Eagerly awaiting the update mate.

I've been a bit busy this weekend, only managed to get 4 months into my season but i should have more time to play now in the next few evenings.

Good luck in Madrid Spike.

Just reached January and sadly.. Gignac has decided his future lies elsewhere and has tied up a 13.5m deal to join Newcastle.

He's found himself behind Benzema and Pato this year and felt it was time to move on. He's been a great player for me.. netting 48 league goals in just over 60 appearances, spread over 4 years. We wish him all the best.

I've recalled young D.Le Tallec from his loan spell to replace him. He looks a great prospect so im putting faith in him icon14.gif

World Footballer of the Year

1.Benzema

2.Nasri

3.Menez

World Player of the Year

1.Benzema

European Player of the Year

1.Benzema

Striker

1.Benzema

GK

1.Lloris

French Player of the Year

1.Benzema

2.Nasri

3.Ben Arfa

Our best year for awards yet.. Benzema does 3 in a row. icon14.gif

nice awards Scott. Shame about Gignac but i'm sure your youngsters coming through will prove their worth.

One of my youngsters is banging goals in at international level but is struggling to get one in the league.

Also i'm going to have to rename Benzema sicknote. Since about december 2010 he has been injured a total of 17 weeks! It's starting to get a bit annoying at how much time he spends in the treatment room for hurting his elbow or breaking a cheekbone

Originally posted by Agent Tiro:

nice awards Scott. Shame about Gignac but i'm sure your youngsters coming through will prove their worth.

One of my youngsters is banging goals in at international level but is struggling to get one in the league.

Also i'm going to have to rename Benzema sicknote. Since about december 2010 he has been injured a total of 17 weeks! It's starting to get a bit annoying at how much time he spends in the treatment room for hurting his elbow or breaking a cheekbone

Im sure your youngster will start scoring if you persist with him mate. Sounds promising if he's doing well at international level.

Unlucky on Benzema mate. I've been really lucky with him.. in my 5 years or so at the club i only remeber a 2month injury, then he;s had the odd week long one but nothing major.

Coming up to a champions trophy match toulose. got one pre-season left against r.sociedad.

transfer situation has picked up .

i'd accepted that i was losing montolivo for 25M to A.C Milan and then juventus came in with 32.5 + 30% sell on, and he accepted to go there so i had 6M more to play with.

i released santos and anderson as i wanted to free up the non eu spots and no one wanted them.

i've sof ar bought.

-costil 1M

-Mensah 7M

-Gignac 10M

-Lulinha 2.9M

-Piatti p/ex

gignac has scored 5 in pre season and looks like he and fred could from a strong partnership while benzema is out(2 months, and will probably go to the olympics as well). and piatti looks as if his tutition from kaka at milan ahs had a great effect.

my last buy i hope is a def mid and i've offered contacts to veloso(4M up front, 9.5M over 24 months) and Makoun (9.25 M) so my question is who should i go for?

Literally as i hit send my guy scored. Now he has just got his first hattrick for me. In the Champions League against Rangers!

Gao Kun

Here he is currently. I did post a ss of him a season or so ago. He's developed a bit, but more so in the past few months when he's been back at Lyon.

On loan last year he scored 17 times in 27 appearances for Mons, and the year before that he scored 7 in 14 appearances for Beijing.

He could do with a little boost in physical and mental, but i'm hoping he keeps improving!

BB

Flamini is icon14.gif.

Could you post a s.s. of Mattock if possible? Thx.

Scott

Lots of awards mate.

I never win any. Thats probably due to my strict rotation. Only win things in Best Eleven or something and in Champions League.

Agent Tiro

Your Chinese player will def. improve. By the looks of it i think he will become worldclass.

Hopey

Well mate you should get in here more. I miss you. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Pernambucano

Great transfers so far mate.

Veloso is a great player. Could easely play another 10 years for Lyon. Makoun is offcourse a beast. But for the long term i would go for Veloso.

Decided to go with Makoun purely for the fact that Veloso was asking 12k per game and 89k a week, which I was unwilling to accept to as I don't really want many players in the long run to be paid above 50k.

I've also put in a bid for gouffran but im against arsenal, madrid, AC, inter and valencia who have all had offers accepted for him.

good news is ben arfa is due back anytime soon as i'm not sure i mentioned but he broke his leg in febuary and was missed as him and menez were destroying the wings in france and europe and gouvou and beljadj just couldnt do the same

Makoun is quality, good signing mate.

And Tiro.. good luck for the Schalke game, your going through this time.

On my game, Sakho has just won his first cap for France! He started in the centre of the defence. 8/2/2012 a day to remeber icon_smile.gif

I'm hopefully gonna be able to finish my first season with Lyon by tomorrow (unless I get extra work!!). I've already got the league pretty much sewed up. Comfortably ahead with about 10 games to go.

One question though. Marek Hamsik is transfer listed for 5.5M. Should I get him?? I sold Cesar Delgado and Remy Vercoutre in the Jan transfer window for 8.75M and 1.5M respectively. So have a shade more than 10M in my transfer kitty. So should I get Hamsik? Also, bear in mind that Sebastien Kehl and Mathieu Flamini are both available on a free transfer. Although they dont want to discuss terms just yet with me. Reckon I should go ahead and get Hamsik? I've got Bodmer, Toulalan, Kallstrom & Zapater all in the MC/DM position. The only one who *might* leave at the end of the season is Kallstrom as I was looking to get Luiz Jiminez in. What do you reckon?

Also, who do you think is the best bet between Jussi Jaaskelainen, Tim Wiese and Morgan De Sanctis? I've got Neuer and Coupet ofcourse. But I'm going to look to offload Coupet as his stats have already starting dropping a little.

Oh, sorry for the double but:

- Joaquin is also available for about 14M. Since I'm not a fan of Keita and his negativity (although he IS playing well), I'm gonna sell him. Will definitely try to get Joaquin instead but there's a lot of interest in him and I doubt he'll choose me.

- Interestingly, Tomas Rosicky is now a backup at Arsenal and is available for just 6M!! Reckon he's worth going for?? Considering the players I already have that is.

Hey guys (and Girls?) been a hetic week ( a late happy easter to everyone!) so have only just finished my second season. Was a very good season and almost a great one.

In the league cup I lost the final on pens to PSG- i was ok with this as i use this trophey for my youngsters and fringe players.

The french cup I again lost the final to PSG- this time in wxtra time. was more dissapointed by this as i was the holders. In the end i think that a long season just caught up with my players.

The league I again won, this time by just 3 points from PSG who matched me all season. I ended on 86 points over 20 points clear of 3rd. I won 22 games by 2+ goals and another 6 by 1+ goals.

In the chapions leahue now, well what can i say? got a ok group in celtic, porto and slavia prague and won the group. In the next stage i played spartak moscow and cruzed throu 4-0 on agg. Then it really became fun! In the Q/F i palyed inter, I lost the frirst leg(away) 3-1 so was concerned going into the second leg. Then in my best ever game on ANY fm i won 7-0!!!!! 8-3 on agg. Next up was chelsea, lost the first leg(away) again. This time 4-1, I really did think my time was up as i didnt think i could got another game like the inter one. I was right this time I won 4-0 to win 5-4 on agg! This gave me a first final against Valencia.

This was a bit of a game: I raced into a 2-0 lead after 27 mins with 2 goals from Benzema( who scored 42 goals this year!) befor Valenci pulled back through villa and silva. Then benzema pulled his hamstring, but this gave room for briand to step out of his shadow and score to goals in the second half to secure a 4-2 win and land me and lyons first champs league!

My team cleaned up with players on the year with Kallstrom, Benzema, Ben Arfa, Ustari and me getting all awards. One bad point was the chairmans move to sell Toulaln! i did get 30mil for him thou and picked up kazmovic(sp?) from fiorentina for 12.5 mil to help fill the gap,

Bit of a long update so thank you if you have reed it all! Lol on to next season icon_biggrin.gif

Crikey how many posts have been made in here in just a matter of days since I last posted?!? Last years thread "amassed" about 25 pages, this season its bombarded with spam.............................Just kidding of course!!

A wee bit off topic here I know, but get in United thumping Liverpool!! What a cracking atmosphere it was at Old Trafford for a change!

But enough of that, I think it's time for a Lyon update....................

------------------------------------------

It is September 2nd 2011 and of course that means the summer transfer window is now closed. The squad has again undergone some changes with 4 legends leaving and a few other sales.

Fred chose to remain at the club and turned down the £35million move to Chelsea. Brazilian LB Eltinho who was out on loan in the second ha;f of last season rejected the move to Zaragoza for £3million, and I have been unable to offload him so far.

Players Out;

Henri Saivet - £10million plus 50% sell on fee - Villarreal

Habib Bellaid - £6million plus 25% sell on fee - Atletico Madrid

Loic Abenzoar - £2.5million plus 50% sell on fee - Club Brugge

Junino - Released

Cris - Released

Fabio Grosso - Released

Gregory Coupet - Released

Henri Saivet just wouldn't get along with Fred, and Fred is more important than Saivet so he had to go.

I did not want to sell Habib Bellaid but he was unhappy about not playing much last season and requested a transfer. The offer was a decent one and I unfortunately had to let him go.

Loic Abenzoar just never developed as I had hope so he had to depart. Hopefully he will one day leave Brugge for alot of money so I get half!

The 4 legends were all out of contract and all 33 or above, unfortunately it was time for them, and the squad, to move on.

Players In;

Mario Balotelli - £11.75million - Valencia

Bruno Lopes - £5.75million - Racing Santander

Adrien - £5million - Sporting Lisbon

Alexandre Le Rouzic - £500k - Rennes

Neymar - Bosman - Sevilla

Obama - Season Loan - Murcia (Agreed Fee of £4.3million)

Mario Balotelli was bought as a replacement for Fred, but the Brazilian decided to stay so now I have another striker in my squad. Considering I more often than not play 1 upfront that could pose some trouble during the season.

Bruno Lopes is competition at LB for Anthony Reveillere and at only 22 has alot of potential.

Adrien is the replacement for Juninho in my midfield and has a long career ahead of him.

Alexandre Le Rouzic is obviously for the future and seems to have a fair bit of potential. A player my scouts told me to sign as he has great potential, I trust me scouts.

Neymar is for the future too and has been loaned out for this season.

Centre back Obama is here merely as cover, but if he impresses enough I may well sign him.

Loans Out

Levan Kenia - Lille

Neymar - Malaga

Loic Remy - Le Mans (Agreed Fee of £3million)

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers;

1.Remy Riou

28.Mathieu Gorgelin

30.Remy Vercourte

Defenders;

2.Francois Clerc

3.Bruno Lopes

4.Christopher Samba

5.Mathieu Bodmer

13.Loic Nestor

20.Anthony Reveillere

25.Eltinho

26.Jon Jonsson

27.Amaral

29.Obama

Midfielders;

6.Kim Kallstrom

14.Sidney Govou

21.Ederson

23.Kevin Bru

22.Adrien

24.Drissa Diakite

Attacking Midfielders/Forwards;

10.Karim Benzema

18.Hatem Ben Arfa

31.Niklas Barkroth

Strikers;

7.Jimmy Briand

9.Fred

11.Mario Balotelli

Niklas Barkroth is a youngster who was signed at the age of 16 in 2008 and seems to have developed well, (in my opinion atleast), and is now ready for my squad.

Following the departure of Juninho, Coupet, and Cris, I was short of a captain, vice captain, and even a third choice skipper. Sidney Govou will be the skipper when he plays, but my vice captain, who will play most of the games, is Kim Kallstrom.

The Season So Far

The season started in typical fashion with victory in the Champions Trophy Final. For the third time in four years we played Paris St. Germain, and this year we cruised to victory. The 2-0 scoreline doesn't tell the story was we bossed the game as they only managed 4 shots in the game. Goals from Ederson and Mario Balotelli on debut gave us victory.

Champions Trophy Final

After winning last seasons Champions League we of course played in the European Super Cup. We met Arsenal who in the previous meetings had knocked us out of the Champions League in the 2009/10 season. Going into the game Arsenal were favorites, but we came out as 2-1 winners thanks to God (or Fred as most people know him), and Kim Kallstrom. on a bad note though Hatem Ben Arfa got injured and is now out for 4 months!!!

European Super Cup

We have started well in the league, although not quite perfectly. We have won 4 of our first 5 games and sit top on 16 points. Goals have been scored, but only 11 of them, where as 2 have been conceded in a disappointing 2-2 draw away at Nancy.

Troyes (A) 2-0

Le Mans (H) 2-0

Nancy (A) 2-2

Rennes (H) 3-0

Sochaux (H) 2-0

League Table So Far

Finally we have once again been seeded 1st for the Champions League and somehow landed a marginally tough group. While I would expect us to qualify from the group, it is by no means simple.

Lyon

Fenerbahce

Feyenoord

Real Zaragoza

Yet again we are expected to win every competition entered, except of course the Champions League, so hopefully a long and exciting season is ahead of my team.

------------------------------------------

Any comments you have are more than welcome. And I would be happy to upload any screenshots of players, etc. you might like to see!

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Pernambucano

Makoun quality. Good choice.

What for an offer did you have to do for Gouffran?

Scott

Sakho icon14.gif. The back of France in my game is Bocaly, Saunier and Abenzoar or Sakho all Lyon. icon_cool.gif.

Hulk

Although Hamsik is a good player i wouldn't buy him. You have enough players in that position. If you sell Kallstrom you're going to buy Jiminez so no.

Tim Wiese would be your guy.

Maybe do a swap between Joaquin and Keita. But Keita is worth more than 14 mil imo.

Rosicky although quality is also a no.

Darren

Happy easter to you too.

Good second season. Shame about those cups though. Great CL run.

Kuzmanovic from Fiorentina is good but Martinez from Bilbao would have been better to replace Toulalon still a good buy.

Tomtuck

The Tucker has returned with yet another long post. This has to be a record mate. icon14.gif

Saivet and Abenzoar icon_frown.gif. I understand.

Would like to see a s.s. of Balotelli just to compare with my Balotelli.

Great transfers. Obama what a name. icon_wink.gif

Barkroth maybe is ready but i would have loaned him out for at least half a season. Still looks promising.

Good start of the season but 16 points should be 13 points out of 5 games. icon_biggrin.gif (yes one little mistake and purefun sees it).

Agreed no simple group.

Not sure whether to go 442 or 451 for my Lyon game.Probably go 451 away in the champions league but not sure in the league as I used 442 for a previous PSG game but it didn't really come off, particulary away from home. Any advice much appriciated

Purefun

Schalke should be easy, but i'm still going to be wary, mind the way i'm playing in europe at the minute Gao Kun and Ben Arfa will be fighting over who gets the match ball

Pernambucano

Good luck getting gouffran but thats a lot of competition for him. Got a feeling he'll go for the club who offers most money. Ben Arfa is amazing, he's on his way to becoming my top scorer again this year, he just scores for fun

Scot

Cheers! Congrats on Sakho getting his first cap! always good to see the youngsters come through

Hulk

I've had no experience with Hamsik so not sure. Flamini is good if you can get him to sign! Also nice price on Delgado! more than i managed to get for him. Of the three keepers i'm not sure who i'd go for, I wouldn't go for jasskelainen because of his age. Joaquin is a bargain at 14m.

Rosicky is good, but i still reckon he'd only be backup for you with your current team. Also Jimenez is great, he was on fire for his first 6 months at the club, unfortunately he broke his leg and in the 7 months out his stats dropped a bit and have never quite returned to the level they were before so he's stuck as back up. Shame really, but in my experience, even in 8.02 Fernandez is just as good and consistent.

Darren

Congratulations on the league and champions league. Shame about the other domestic competitions but PSG are getting closer and closer to my level each year in the league!

Tom Tuck

Not sure if i agree with Fred being more important than Saivet, Especially in 2011. Saivet is young and starting to come good, Fred on mine went downhill in 2010 and left in the january. Abenzoar has also just returned to lyon for me, could be a move you regret if you don't have a right back in mind? Mine are both getting on a bit now. Although lovely bit of business bringing balotelli in!

Nice bits of early silverware. I reckon you'll get through your group. You've got a good squad.

My season is going well, could be finished it later today but i'm off for an assessment for a job in an hour so won't be till later.

Looking forward to hearing your update as well purefun

Originally posted by briancloughisthebest:

This game looks fun from all of your posts icon_smile.gif Going to start a game now icon_smile.gif

Welcome mate and good luck.

If you post again could you please say if your playing on original or 8.01 or 8.02 and if you use euros or pounds. Thx.

Originally posted by twattyatkins:

Not sure whether to go 442 or 451 for my Lyon game.Probably go 451 away in the champions league but not sure in the league as I used 442 for a previous PSG game but it didn't really come off, particulary away from home. Any advice much appriciated

Well i don't like to see games irl with one striker the same goes for the game. Unless you play with 3 amc's.

I should go for a 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 or a 3 - 4 - 1 - 2.

Hope this helps a little.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twattyatkins:

Well i don't like to see games irl with one striker the same goes for the game. Unless you play with 3 amc's.

I should go for a 3 - 2 - 3 - 2 or a 3 - 4 - 1 - 2.

Hope this helps a little. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it does, thank you icon14.gif

Okay guys here goes my update : finished my sixth season (2012-2013).

During the summer i sold Makoun, Iago, Capel, Rajkovic, Barazite and Grenier (youthplayer).

I only bought in regens of which only one is used in the first team (as a sub). Click. He has improved and when he started he did okay. Even scored a few. In January i didn't spend any money.

Offcourse i had some freebies : Adu, Obi Mikel who are both used. The other one is Bendtner who will be sold.

First we start with the Champions Trophy against PSG. We won it with 2-0 (Fred and Weigl). Sorry forgot to take a s.s.

Next is the European Supercup. Benfica were the other team. A season ago our challengers in the CL final. It was won with 5-0. A very fast game enjoyable to watch.

On came the month of December which i like to call the "Money Month". The World Club Championship final was against Corinthians. Walcott could start the game due to injury of Briand. This is how he thanked me.

The league was won with seven games to go. Wasn't really to happy with it. Yet again failed to have more than 100 points. We could have scored more and conceded less. And we drew about 5-6 games of our last 10 and conseded about 9 which was to much for me. icon_frown.gif This will be adressed next season.

Nantes were our rivals in the League Cup. They were absolutely nowhere.

The Champions League final was approaching. If you remember i had to play Chelsea in the QF. We won 8-3 on aggregate. Marvellous game. What a result you say. This was nothing compared to the semi-final i had to play against Fiorentina. Totally overrun them and won 8-0. Since that result they were on the loose and failed to secure a CL-spot for next season in Italy. On came the final against Real Madrid (a super strong team). This was the result. Robben and J. Martinez totally bossed me around. Didn't have a chance tbh although it went in extratime.

Had one final game off the season. The cupfinal against Le Mans (who qualified second year in a row for CL). I demanded the players a win just to flush away the lost CL-final. Down the toilet they said. And off we went drunk into the night.

All in all a good season.

Awards have been won by several players but i'm too lazy to look it up. In the league and in Europe. I'm hoping some of my players will get big awards next season. You know european midfielder ....

Best players for me were for europe Ben Arfa (20 assists), Benzema scoring in every game, Fred always reliable, Matty still great and Toulalon very consistent.

In the league Menez, Anderson and Lulinha as a sub were great.

Little round up of the other teams : Rennes has won the Uefa-cup beating Valencia in the final with 3-0. PSG were defeated by Real Madrid in the QF of CL.

Next season they are 8 french teams in Europe. This to show how well french teams have developed and become stronger every year. F.e. PSG have bought Flamini, Pedro Leon and Rajkovic last season.

When the transferperiod is half i'll show you my first month of transfers. It promises to be very busy. icon_biggrin.gif

Purefun

Good season mate icon14.gif

Glad to see i'm not the only one struggling to hit the 100 point mark. I think my best in 5 seasons is 96, and not even close to being unbeaten.

Wait to hear your summer transfers. No doubt you'll sign about 30 players and sell 5 icon_wink.gif

purefun

Cheers for the tips mate. I'm still tempted on Rosicky as I'm losing faith in Juninho. He's playing regularly yet he's not scoring or assisting at all. His pace has gone to 9 now so thats definitely not up to standard. I've only got Hatem Ben Arfa there. And ofcourse Razack Traore but I dont think he's ready yet. Rosicky, I know exactly how to play due to my countless games with Arsenal and he always delivers for me. As for Keita and Joaquin swap, no way. I too believe that Keita can fetch me more. I dont have the money to buy Joaquin just yet though!! As for GK, Wiese it is then. Hamsik looked very tempting for that little. Its actually gone down to almost 4 now!! But I checked his "general happiness" and "major concerns" and it says "feels pressured by the interest in him" and "feels there is too much competition for a first team place". So he's definitely out. I hate negative players. The ONLY reason I'm selling Keita is because of that! So that's sorted I guess! icon_smile.gif

Agent Tiro

Thanx mate. Yeah, I'm after Flamini big time. Would be a great addition and plus he's French. I'm sure I could have got more for Delgado but oh well. Yep, I'm getting Jiminez for sure I reckon. Looks really good. And I agree about Fernandez still being top-notch. But I needed to strengthen other areas in the summer and in Jan bloody Marseille bought him!! So he's out I reckon.

The good news though is that it very much looks like Monaco is going to go down this season. So that means I can raid them for Menez! And Marseille are flirting with relegation too (?!!). They're just 2 points above the safety zone and I'm really hoping they go down. Because then I can raid them for Nasri, Taiwo and if I want, Fernandez!! Cisse would be an option as well. So praying that happens although I think it'll just weaken my competition.

Can anyone tell me which teams provide the stiffest competition in France over the coming years? Marseille and Moncao look dire atm. Cheers

Archived