FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Originally posted by Spike:

Purefun

TBH mate I wouldn't bother with Lloris. He won't come cheap and doesn't really look any better than the 3 very good keepers you've already got.

Okay but who of the two older ones should i sell!!

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spike:

Purefun

TBH mate I wouldn't bother with Lloris. He won't come cheap and doesn't really look any better than the 3 very good keepers you've already got.

Okay but who of the two older ones should i sell!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If money isn't an issue i'd sell Curci, Kameni looks better in my opinions.

If it is an issue, i'd sell Kameni because he's 29 so won't be worth as much for too long.

Triple post.. Sorry icon_smile.gif

In reply to your Question on the other thread, i've started up and Arsenal save but i won't last there i don't think. Bit too easy for my liking.

Im still planning on carrying on as Lyon but fancied a change for a couple of days to stop me getting bored. Couldn't leave the thread icon14.gif

Purefun

I’d keep the younger two and get rid of Kameni. The other thing with Kameni is you’re going to lose him each time the Africans Nations Cup comes around.

Breaking News..

Davide Zidane made a return to Lyon today.. and watched his side beat OGC Nice 3-0, with Benzema scoring 2.

The Lyon forward is now just 10 goals short of the scoring record for Lyon, held by the legend Fleury Di Nallo.

These are exciting times for both the player and his manager!

icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jimbob_BCFC:

Purefun, dont know if its too late now, but buy oscar Ustari, hes a legend for me!!

No its not too late but i'm only interested in the ones i posted. Thx anyway.

Well Defour is a great irl and he is good in the game but i think you have better options in your team already.

He should be great on FM09 though. I'm betting he is moving to Ajax in the summer.

Nice 1 will bear that i mind for FM 09 then bud.

I only need a cm for rotation so he was going to be that man, but i might just stick with my regen called 'Jacky Marie', from Senegal, and hes awesome, only 16, but wheneva he plays if you say your delighted with him at half time, he will always finish with an 8 rating, his value is roketing up!

End of Season Review 2007/08

Squad

03282008124926op3.th.jpg

Fred's stats are looking quite decent now, Juninho & Coupet downhill icon_frown.gif, Sakho looks to be a starter next season after his impressive 6 month of regular, Mattock also improving a good amount

Ligue 1 & Domestic Cups

03282008125425bv4.th.jpg

Fairly easy overall in the league, although i expect it to be much tougher next season

Champions Trophy

Coupe de la Ligue Final

French Cup Final

Played some young/reserve player and got punished

Champiosn League

Was a successful year this season for the fans of Lyon but it wasn't all smooth sailing..

Group Stage

Drawn against the likes of Liverpool, Stuttgart and Sparta i was expecting a fairly torrid time away from home but it was supringly easy with good wins at Anfield plus a convincing 5-0 beating of Sparta at home, only dropped points came at the hands of Stuttgart in germany but by then it didn't matter..

First Knockout Round..

Was given the task of facing a tough Roma squad of course lead by my hero Totti but after a good 4-0 in Rome the tie is near enough sealed, adding a 2-1 win at home meaning the Lyon boys went through 6-1 on agg

Quarter Final

Valencia was next on the list and with the talents of Villa, Zigic, Silva, Joaquin, Baraja, Timo, Vicente i was a little worried, first leg was thankfully at home and in a hard fought match we somehow manged to sneak a 4-2 lead going into the away leg but thanks to 2 goals from Clerc & Benzema we manged a 2-2 draw which got us through 6-4 on agg

Semi Final

Group runners up Liverpool were again our fairly large task but after scorign 4 in the 2 group games against them Benzema seems to have some hatred for the red side of scouseland (and tbf who can blame him) as he managed to score a hat trick in each leg of the semis in a convincing 6-2 agg (meaning in 4 games he has scored 10 goals against them icon_biggrin.gif)

The Final

Barcelona.. the catalan giants were the final hurdle in what had been a good competition for Lyon, captain Bodmer opened the scoring with a typical powerful header and it seemed the gods were shining down when Eto'o went off injured just before half time (granted he was replced by Henry) but then ex chelsea star Gudjohnsen scored before Zambrotta was sent oof for 2 stupid bookings \o/.. into extra time it went, Barca who were down to 10 men and had made all their subs looked tired, but then the sub that changed the game.. Bojan (on loan at Lyon) came on for the mis firing benzema and before you knew it he had paced Yobo and scored a 115th minute \o/ making him the hate figure of barca fans icon_biggrin.gif

03282008130911ca6.th.jpg

Next Season..

Next season will be the rise of a more youthful Lyon side as Coupet, Grosso, Juninho, Cesar, Cris & Anderson will be leaving and the likes of Mattock, Abenzoar, Flamini, Vela & Bouzanis will emerge as potential greats..

MON next season \o/

BB

Great league win : 108 points is the best i've seen yet with Lyon.

Good wins in the cups.

The French one is for next season.

Great CL run. Bojan beating Barca. Lol maybe you could buy him now. icon_wink.gif

Never used Vela would love to see his progress with you mate.

BB

Great season there, Champions league in the first season, I struggled and didn't win it until my 4th, and even that was against sodding Paris St. Germain. Though messing up in a cup final like that, shame on you!! And letting in 27 league goals? What was your defence doing BB! icon_biggrin.gif

I would keep Juninho for one more season though. He will still peform in the second season, just rest him more for the bigger games. He'll still wrack up the assists and chip in with goals.

Juninho's stats have gone down shockingly on my season icon_frown.gif plus Kallstrom is currently ruling all in the attacking MC position (gettign 35 assists \o/)

just agreed to sign that Nordvordt player from arsenal for 3M as my scout loves him (about 6 star potential icon_eek.gif)

Purefan

Lloris looks fb but will be expensive

Kameni looks shockingly good icon_eek.gif i would keep him as keepers can play until their late 30s

Curci looks ok but some of his mental stats are a bit poor, would sell tbh

Costil icon_eek.gif would keep him, looks amazing

Originally posted by twattyatkins:

How do I put screenshots on this forum?

How to Post a Screen shot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here.

Hey folks, I hope you don't mind me joining you on this forum.

I'm about halfway through my first season with Lyon and so far it's been amazing!!!

Im top of the league with a record of:

PLD 17 W 15 D 1 L 1

The Champions League draw was awful. I drew Arsenal, Stuttgart & Besiktas. So far I've beaten Arsenal & Stuttgart at home and drew both of my away games at Besiktas & Stuttgart.

Transfers -

From what I've seen the squad is packed with quality and fairly young, so it's not like it needs a massive revamp. I've brought in Saivet, Wijnaldum and Sakho on frees and spent the majority of my budget on Kameni, Briand and Mathias Fernandez. I'm also looking at bringing in Barkroth, so what are your opinions on him??

Ive sold Fabio Santos (god he is rubbish) and Muller. Im also looking to offload Roux and Vercoutre as I'll have Kameni and Coupet.

Tactics -

I've got 2 formations that I use, a 451 and a 442.

The 451 is based around the counter attack and I usually play Juninho in the hole in front of the back 4 and set to a playmaker. I use fast attacking wingers and attacking midfielders for the other 4.

The 442 is a formation that I use when I play the lesser teams or when I'm losing by 1 goal and chasing the game. It is basically all out attack and played at a really high tempo. I only use this formation for short periods.

By the way this is a quality thread icon14.gif

Welcome king_johnny!

Shame on you losing a league game already!! icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously though thats a cracking first 17 games. Your Champions League draw wasn't the easiest, but having 8 points after four games you should get through quite comfortably.

I would have said not to get rid of Vercoutre, but I seem to be the only one around here who actually likes him!

As for your other 2 major signings, (Fernandez and Briand), great buys there. And the youth players you have brought in also develope into quality players.

And bring in Nicklas Barkroth. He took time to develope in my game, but now in my 5th season he is quite the performer.

purefun

personally i'd get rid of kameni, stick with costil and curci. Costil first choice, Lloris is good but on mine i've barely noted a difference between them in consistency over a season. Do tend to find Lloris to fall apart during important Champions League games though. but that could be just me.

At the minute my game is saved before i play the second leg against Schalke. Dreading that game so much!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twattyatkins:

How do I put screenshots on this forum?

How to Post a Screen shot

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket or Imageshack

5. Post the direct Url to the image here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, thank you icon14.gif

King Johnny

Welcome mate and good luck.

Thx for saying this is a quality thread. icon_smile.gif Offcourse we all know this. icon_biggrin.gif

Good transfers.

Continue your good form mate.

Tomtuck

Well tbh Vercoutre isn't a bad GK but i liked him more on FM07 and i bought Kameni and Costil so he had to go simple as that really. But i don't disagree with you mate.

Agent Tiro

Another suggestion.

Its getting difficult. But for now i'm keeping Curci and Costil. Unless some people give some great arguments of doing something else.

Beat Schalke mate if you want i will give a call to Marc Wilmots one of the all-time great off Schalke. (i know him) icon_wink.gif

Twatty

Your welcome. icon14.gif

right, have about 25M to spend at the start of the 2nd season and imo i will be needing a back up striker and a left back as cover for Mattock

any suggestions? also how much could i get for Ederson as he is rated as 10M but doubt i could get that

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

right, have about 25M to spend at the start of the 2nd season and imo i will be needing a back up striker and a left back as cover for Mattock

any suggestions? also how much could i get for Ederson as he is rated as 10M but doubt i could get that

As for the striker i'm guessing you're only going to use him as a real back-up so he only plays when the others are injured or the last fifteen minutes or something so in that case have a look at Quercia (i think at Toulouse), maybe Cacia, Saviola would be great...

Ederson : 2.5 mil upfront, 5 mil 24 months, 20 % sell-on and 2.5 mil after 10 games or so. And he will be sold mate.

Scott

Congrats on Benzema mate. Truelly marvellous.

And i see you have a scout called Nixon i think that is funny.

BB

Didn't i tell you you could sell him for that. You really need to say thank you now. icon_biggrin.gif

Did you buy Matthieu and maybe a striker? I would keep my money and go for someone big in January mate.

BB

Didn't i tell you you could sell him for that. You really need to say thank you now. icon_biggrin.gif

Did you buy Matthieu and maybe a striker? I would keep my money and go for someone big in January mate.

didn't buy Mattieu.. yet as i still have Grosso but am looking to get rid asap, also didn't buy a striker as Fred, Benzema and a suprisingly improving Monnet will be good enough cover i think

Just finished Season 1

Season 2007 / 2008 Review

What a season this was. For me it had plenty of ups and downs but in the end was capped by a stunning treble for the Les Gones.

Ligue 1 was won with with 7 games to go and was won as we smashed Lille 4-1 away from home. In the end we won the title by 30 points from second place Paris SG with Bordeaux taking third.

Ligue 1 Table

Champions League

This was a major dissapointment, but at the same time a bitter-sweet one.

We ended up crashing out of the Champions League at the Group Stage. This mind you was after beating Arsenal & Stuttgart at home and drawing with Besiktas & Stuttgart away, but our last 2 games saw us gather 0 points and go out after conceeding a last minute goal to Besiktas!

However, every cloud has a silver lining and we finished 3rd in the group and ended up in the UEFA Cup. We went on a magical run in this competition and it ended in the final with us running out 2-0 winners over Rangers and in doing so delivered Les Gones' first European trophy.

Domestic Cups

The domestic cups again had good and bad moments for us as we won the Coupe de la Ligue with a resounding 4-0 win over Lens in the Final. But on the other hand we suffered a 10th Round exit Le Mans in the French Cup. We ended up going down to s stoppage time goal although having said that the performance against Le Mans was probably the worst of the season.

Th real surprise of the season though was the form of Central Defender Sebastian Squillaci. He scored a massive 29 goals in 58 games, including the 2 in the UEFA Cup Final. He was awsome and finished 2nd in scoring charts behind Briand with 30 and just ahead of Benzema who notched 27.

In the summer I am looking for another goalkeeper to replace Coupet who is getting on at 35 and a right winger (although I'm in the process of negotiating a contract with Barkroth). I'm also going to try and bring through some of my younger players like Sahko, Saivet & Ekra who have done really well in the U18.

The 2012 season has drawn to an end, it's been a dramatic season to say the least.

Things did not start well, Champions Trophy came and was one I'd rather forget. Thankfully the players picked themselves up and went on a streak that would see them undefeaten until the 21st February. Breaking all manner of records for games won in a row, unbeaten, clean sheets etc.

League was won fairly comfortably in the end, ending unbeaten for the first time. Only slight concern is the amount of goals conceded, but when i'm scoring as many as i am it's not much of a problem.

Coupe de la Ligue took a bit of work, but i came out winners eventually.

French Cup was a lot tighter than the scoreline suggests, but my quality shone through.

Now the part we've all been waiting for. How did i get on in the Champions League. Quarter final against Real Madrid, after going 1-0 down in the away leg I was confident coming into the home leg.

I'll show the outcome in a series of pictures.

Number 1.

Number 2.

Number 3.

---------------------------------------------------

All the usual awards were won so i won't bother to list them.

My personal star of the season is Ben Arfa of course.

Squad breakdown.

Was good to see Gao Kun make the step up and bag a few goals. He played a lot more than i'd have liked. But with Benzema being injured almost all the time, and Briand joining him in the treatment room a few times he was forced into it.

Unfortunately Squillaci and Barzagli have begun the slow decline. Hoping to get at least another season out of them at this level, then i should have some promising youngsters ready to fill their boots.

Have quite a selection of youngsters who will be ready to make the step up next season, whilst quite a lot will be sent out on loan.

Piet L'ami is looking a very promising prospect. I'm hoping his Mental and physical get a boost as his goalkeeping stats are very promising. He had a half decent spell on loan at Piacenza last season.

Marco Baldini is another hot prospect, although in need of a major physical boost, but the rest of his stats are looking good.

Michael Berger is probably the most promising. Good all around stats and already been given his first international cap. Even if it is for Switzerland. I'm undecided on whether to keep him or send him on loan next season. With Bodmer likely to leave on a bosman berger could provide cover for Kallstrom / Van der Vaart when they play there.

Thierry Rigaud is starting to show his worth after being snapped up in 2009 from PSG for 2.7m. Stats looking good and i reckon another season on loan will do him the world of good.

Bodmer looks likely to leave for a new challenge, no transfer targets yet, but will be having a quick scout for any promising youngsters i can steal.

Great season there Agent Tiro, except the Champions Trophy at the start of the season of course! icon_biggrin.gif

Id have thought Barzagli and Squillaci would be good for a couple of seasons yet, just maybe don't play them together because of the lack of pace.

As for your Your Youngers

Piet L'Ami - Like you said, his mental stats really need a boost as they're a bit rubbish right now!

Marco Baldini - Looks like a decent player technically and mentally, but his physical stats are a bit, well terrible, for a 19 year old. A no-go for me.

Michael Berger - Id send him out on loan. There is much room for improvement yet in his stats.

Thierry Rigaud - Good finishing, heading, and first touch. In my opinion he is the best prospect of the 4.

Agent Tiro

Finally succes in the first knock out round mate. icon14.gif

Congrats on winning almost everything in France.

And what a win in the CL-final. I'm in awe of your ability mate. icon_biggrin.gif

For your youngster i totally agree with the expert opinion of our professionel trainer Tomtuck. icon_wink.gif

One quick question how much is Saivet worth on your game? thx

King Johnny

Congrats on your league win. The same goes for your Uefacup imo a harder one to win tbh.

League cup also good mate. Next year the french cup.

Twatty

Good signings.

purefun

I always knew my team was capable of it. I just managed to hit top form at that end of the season after having to struggle to get results during the first half of the season. Saivet is currently valued at £16m. It's becoming hard to decide upon strikers, Saivet and Benzema probably first choice at minute with Gao Kun pushing them, with briand settling for 4th choice. Anyone too old for under 18's and not good enough for the first team is off out on loan.

Only signing of note made so far is Etienne Didot for 3.7m, i know he's getting old but i wanted a good solid MC as back up till my youngsters come good hopefully. I was going to try and get Banega for his 10.75m minimum release clause, but he was wanting 98k a week and 10k appearance fee, as well as a 4m sign on fee. So the money grabbing sod is well off the short list.

Agent Tiro

One quick advice for you my friend. Never give players signing on fees. Its not needed. I personally with seven seasons of busy transferperiods icon_wink.gif have never given even one euro of signing on fee. And i needed to fight of some tough comp. for f.e. Banega, Mikel, Matty, Aaron ...

Archived