FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB

Well you could sell or send some players back that you don't use and maybe sign some players for next season.

Agent Tiro

Just give him one for three years and at the end of the season he'll sign one of five years. Did the same thing with him.

Originally posted by purefun:

Hopey

Really really disappointed that you didn't score 100 goals. icon_wink.gif

I see Caen got relegated try and get Gouffran if he is still worth it.

Congrats on the league and french cup win. Also the big earner is won i see.

Yeah Real have everything and everybody they desire. icon_frown.gif

Two great transfers so far mate.

And your rambling is just fine. icon_biggrin.gif

Haha, that's Benzema's fault for only getting seven! icon_biggrin.gif

I didn't want to sign Gouffran this time round, had the chance for £1Million, but I decided not to, let Marseille have him instead.

Ta icon_smile.gif

ah thats annoying. just gone out of the CL to Valencia 3-0 on agg. Benzema has just stopped scoring. so i have given him a rest and briand is up top for a few games now.

then hopefully benzema will pick it up again, he doesn't seem to score game in game out but just gets 4 in the odd game to take his tally up. he was terrible against Valencia. i had 27 shots to their 10 so i should have clearly won! but never mind.

i still have my Chelsea and Barca team in it so not to worry.

still top of the league by 8 points with 10 games to go! and in the final of the league cup

Close Season Update, started well, finished the close season extremely well. Think I have eclipsed even the signing of Cesc.

Transfers In:

Gianluca Curci - GK - Roma - Free Transfer

Alex Tarweh Nimely - ST - Man City - Free Transfer

Ricardo Faty - DMC - Roma - Free Transfer

Miguel Veloso - DMC - Sporting - £18.75m

A host of youth team players, with Matthieu Courbis, Nicolas Dropsy, Ron de Haan being potential stars according to my coaching staff.

Transfers Out:

Anthony Reveillere - D/WBR - Racing - Free Transfer

A whole host of youth teamers were also told they weren't good enough, including Romain Miguet who hadn't developed as I would have hoped.

We also had a busy close season off the field with the board announcing that undersoil heating would be installed (thought this would be as standard in a brand new stadium) and also they were to upgrade the youth facilities. In addition to this, we signed a new £3.3m 5 year shirt sponsorship deal. Kim Kallstrom also won his 4th successive Fans Player of the Year Award.

Again we headed off to the States for our pre-season tour, and we took a large number of youngsters with us this time around, as I try to integrate more them in the first team squad than buy new players.

Colorado Rapids 1-5 Lyon (Menez 2, Benzema, Saivet 2)

Columbus Crew 0-3 Lyon (Menez, Iago, Kallstrom)

New England Revolution 0-4 Lyon (Benzema 2, Menez, Iago)

The Champions Trophy pitted us against Toulouse, the only other side to win the Trophy since my installment as manager at Lyon. With all our Argentinian and Brazillian's on International Duty we were a little short of striking options but old faithful Kim Kallstrom scored twice (and missed a penalty) and additional strikes from Benzema and Lulinha (2) saw us run out 5-2 winners.

***End of an Era***

The date was Tuesday 9th August 2011 when Lyon announced the end of an era. It was to be on this day that one very successful man department Les Gones for pastures new. In a deal worth to be around £30m the superb Kim Kallstrom departed for Liverpool. The chairman deciding that £30m was too good to refuse, and the man with over 150 goals in 4 seasons was no longer going to be banging them in for Les Gones anymore.

***Les Gones move to fill the void***

Les Gones have moved swiftly to replace the void left by Kim Kallstrom by brining in the Portuguese Wonderkid Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United in a deal starting at £40m, but rising to £60m with performance related clauses.

Originally posted by AJ (Manager):

HoPeY

I agree, he isnt a bad signing. I am about 6-months ahead of my updates here, and he us out injured at the moment. Currently been out for 4-months. So, at present, he is a worse signing than Kallstrom.

Nothing in life or should I say FM is ever perfect icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by dexta200:

has anyone ever bought Marouane Chamakh? hes tipped for the foreign player of year award and scored 25 goals for bordeuax. has anyone had him and had success? stats look pretty good and only valued at 6.5million.

worth a punt?

I tried to get him on my game, sadly Bordeuax wanted £26Million when he was only valued at £8Million. If you can get him at a good price I would say go for it, he is great in the air im sure he would be a great buy icon14.gif

Originally posted by HoPeY:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dexta200:

has anyone ever bought Marouane Chamakh? hes tipped for the foreign player of year award and scored 25 goals for bordeuax. has anyone had him and had success? stats look pretty good and only valued at 6.5million.

worth a punt?

I tried to get him on my game, sadly Bordeuax wanted £26Million when he was only valued at £8Million. If you can get him at a good price I would say go for it, he is great in the air im sure he would be a great buy icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers HoPeY ill see how much they want. might have to wait until summer though. but then im sure they will ask for more!

Hopey

Would have signed him though, 1 mil isn't much, you play him and sell him on for 5-6 mil probably. Nice profit.

Benzema only seven. icon_frown.gif

Dexta

It seems a lot of people have trouble with Valencia on the new patch.

AJ

"Think I have eclipsed even the signing of Cesc." Sorry mate but what does this mean, that you signed him? icon_confused.gif

Kallstom served you well my friend but i'm pretty sure Ronaldo will do the same. icon_biggrin.gif Superb transfer mate.

Our or four months unlucky. icon_frown.gif

Only two months left on season 2012-2013 so hopefully tomorrow i'll post an update of my entire season.

Did one great signing already for little money. icon14.gif You'll see tomorrow.

Next game Chelsea in QF. Tough one.

January has come around once more. Things are looking very good. Ben Arfa and Benzema have been in amazing form, and Ben Arfa has made my central AMC position his own with a fantastic return of 19 goals and 19 assists in 27 games. Benzema currently has 22 goals in 24 games, but has spent the whole of december in the treatment room. Fortunately, while he was gone Briand and Saivet formed a fanastic partnership, Saivet getting praised almost every game by one of the many managers interested in this bright talent.

After 19 games I sit comfortably on top of the league, clear by 13 points. I've dropped a few points, with one loss and one draw but i've been looking solid since that very early season blip.

Champions League draw wasn't too kind to me with a draw against Liverpool. However if i am successful i have good feelings for the next round as many strong teams face each other while the weaker ones are up against each other.

I'm still in all domestic competitions and using them more as a chance to test out a few promising youngsters.

I've got quite a lot of hot prospects coming through, and the next one to make the step into the first team is Gao Kun who's having a good loan spell in Belgium for Mons.

I'm thinking of selling Fred at end of season as Gao Kun will be providing good back up. Will post a screenshot of him at end of season once i've seen how he has developed.

The yearly awards may as well have been renamed the Ben Arfa awards. He walked away with World Footballer of the year, Midfielder of the year, French player of the year.

Barzagli won foreign player of the year and he just keeps getting better.

There are no transfer targets at the minute, i'm mainly trying to find youngsters as i believe my current team is good for a few seasons. Even if i am getting £31m bids for Van der Vaart. Morale amongst the players is excellent and they are willing to die for each other according to Desailly. Even if they don't listen to my team talks half the time.

News from my game this morning

'After scoring 17 goals in 11 league games, Benzema is within 50 goals of the all time goal scoring record for Lyon'

'If he maintains his current form, we could be seeing him pass Fleury Di Nallo's record as soon as next season!'

Also, Fabregas has made a solid start. 5 goals and 3 assists in 14 games so far. However, G.Assulin has suffered a broken leg playing for Israel and looks set to miss 5 months!

Purefun looking forward to the update mate.

Hopey

Good that Benzema is finally doing the business for you mate.

Agent Tiro

Ben Arfa amazing maybe i schould play him in the middle too.

Dexta

Two of which Hopey said i would personally go for : Adrien and Javi Martinez. The second one will be expensive though.

Purefun

The link up play between ben arfa and benzema is amazing. They've become france's partnership upfront. Pretty prolific as well.

But Ben Arfa in AMC with farrow is unstoppable.

Dexta

I'd say 20m is a good price for him. He went to milan for 21.5m on mine then to real for 23m

Originally posted by dexta200:

i can get javi martinez for 20million? worth it?

Yes get him.

Agent Tiro

Thx. Will think about doing the same but i already have Matty, Anderson and Lulinha as AMC's. So i need to sell one of these and but another worldclass leftwinger. icon_frown.gif

----------

For everybody that is playing Lyon on 8.02 is Ben Arfa different (i mean better stats or is he the same) than on original? Thx.

End Of Season Report

My first game with Lyon has been I feel the best i've had and a rather sucessful one

League

Won the league with 86 points. My team was inconsitent throughout and if it had not been for marseille consistently dropping points, then i may not of finished with a 8 point lead, let alone the title. We left it late, 37th game, Bojan(loan signing) scored a late brace to seal the lauge against strasbourg.

French Cup

Wasn't really a good run. Got to the quater final and lost to le mans, but almost didnt get there. To shootout victories against PSG and Ajacco(sp?) were not really celebrated.

League Cup

Much better that the french cup as we won it. 4-1 win against Lille in the final summed up the tone of our cup run.

Champions League

Very good run and im extremely proud of my team.

Group stages started badly, Lost againt arsenal at the emirates, unconvincily beat fc copenhagen and lost 4-0 at home to sporting. then a 5-2 win at sporting, 2-0 at home to arsenal and i think a 4-1 agaisnt copenhagen got us 2nd in the group.

drew celtic in the first round. First leg at home was 2-1 win, then went to glasgow and benzema tore them apart, got a hat-trick, 4-0 win.

then off to the san siro. Set my team up to hit them on the break and control posession and we left with a 2-0 win. Accidentley went on holiday for too long but we drew 1-1 in the return leg.

then off to real madrid. Set my team up the same as i did against Milan, and left with a 3-2 win. In the second leg, they were all over us, but late in the game, montilivo scored a screamer and benzema finished off a great counter attack to take us through to the final.

so moscow was our next destination to face the mighty barcelona. Decided to go with a flat 4-4-2 and on the 10th minute, Benzema scored. We were dominating the game till the 74th minute when cris fouled ronaldinho in the box, penalty, ronaldinho scores 1-1. So i'm thinking what substituions to make for extra time, and then out of no where, barcelona hit us on the break and in the 92nd minute, Henry scores, game over. We were so close but the board and the fans are delighted with my progress this season.

star peformer

Karim Benzema- 34 Goals, 8 Assists, avg rating- 7.29.

I don't feel i need to make major alterations to my squad apart from a new gk is desperatley needed and im thinking of buying ustari as he has a minimum release fee of 7.5M. Also i may buy a new cb, preferably one with pace, so if anyone has any suggestions then that would be great. ( remeber, im playing on 8.0.0). Hopefully I can get bojan on loan for the whole of next season but if not, aguero has accepted spanish nationality and is very unhappy and im on his favoured personel so he would be a definate target.

Pernambucano

Great first season mate.

Benzema is performing great for you. icon14.gif

Aguero is better than Bojan on 8.00 imo. So i would def. go for him mate. But maybe the problem than is that you don't have money for a GK and a DC.

Costil, Bailly, the gk from PSG is great.

Pique could be available.

Purefun:

Ben_Arfa 802

He is still improving for me, but its seems the same as on 8.01, his stats aren't as impressive as he performs in FM08. He might just be a lil' better than he was on 8.01, if so not by much mate icon14.gif

Pernambuncano:

Good season mate, for a pacey defender it's just going to be the usual suspects really, so the well known world class players. You can check out Sahko too but I dunno if he is pacey enough for your liking!

Purefun

Lulinha has been poor for me, Matty has been ok, not amazing, not poor, but very consistent with the occassional moment of brilliance. Luis Jimenez has been out for most of the season with a broken leg, and Van der Vaart has been out a bit as well so Lulinha has had a few opportunities to get a run of a few games but he's not really cutting it.

Pernambucano

Nice season, well done on champions league run, shame about the final!

At 7.5m Ustari is a bargain, especially on 8.0 i think he's toned down a bit on 8.02

This season is taking me ages, must be the easter hangover. Bodmer is unhappy at the minute, he feels he needs a new challenge, so i may let him go if i can get about 30-40m for him. Any ideas who i could replace him with. I use him as a MC with a barrow to dmc. Would prefer a french player as my AMC's are a mix of nationalities at the minute.

===== END OF SEASON UPDATE =====

Transfers In:

Hugo Lloris - £11million

Javi Martinez - £22million

Hugo Bellaid - £4.6million plus 10% sell on

Vincent Enyeama - £300k

Ever Banega - Loan

Ciprian Deac - £325k

Rafael Forster - £550k

Rabiu Ibrahim - £12k

Lukman Haruna - Free

Wayne Drummond - Free

Daniel Pacheco - Free

Transfers Out:

cesar Delgade - £5million

Frederic Roux - Free

Matias Chiacchio - Free

Ligue 1

scr1ee04d96bz6.th.jpg

I feel i will need to improve on the amount of games i lost. still to lose 5 and finish 13 points clear i'm not going to complain.

Benzema scoring 26 in 38 games in the league making him the leagues top scorer, and winning "Star of the Season" award along with "Most Promising Player". so i am pleased with him.

This also impressed me icon_smile.gif

scr1edf95bfmb3.th.jpg

not bad to have 8 of the 11 first team players in the stars of the season team! i didn't think my goalkeeper would get in because Coupet was injured half the season. also only played 1 up top and Bodmer is on the bench so its great icon_biggrin.gif

Champions Trophy

Winners of this 4-2 against Sochaux, which was a good start to my career at Lyon, always nice to win a trophy in your first game!

Then this season - scr206fd57ejc6.th.jpg

another good win to start off the season!

Coupe De La Ligue

Winners against Toulouse 2-0 with goals from Cris and an Own Goal from Jon Jonsson. wasn't the best of performances but it was a trophy!

French Cup

Went out in the Quarter Finals to Saint-Etienne, 2-2 after extra time and then losing 4-3 on penalties. bloody Bodmer and Toulalan missing icon_frown.gif this will be the main one i go for next season!

Champions League

A bit disappointing here. qualified from my group of Man Utd, Werder Bremen and Olympiakos with 3 wins against Olympiakos and Bremen twice. my biggest win of the season came in the champions league against Olympiakos 7-0. which was the first game in the cup so i though could be mine!

but then i drew Valencia in the 1st Knockout Round going losing 1-0 at home and 2-0 away, not happy but they just defended well. next year here i come! (Got my Barca side in the final but then lost to Madrid icon_mad.gif )

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the results and performances of my team, but will have to improve on this next season, sold a lot of players so think i disrupted the harmony of the squad but still they performed in the league game after game. French cup and Champions league are the big ones for this season!

Results for new season -

Rennes 1-3 Lyon (Briand, Bodmer, Deac)

Lyon 2-1 Auxerre (Briand, Boumsong)

Marseille 2-2 Lyon (Briand, Felipe)

Sochaux 0-4 Lyon (Benzema 3, Ben Arfa)

so played a few of the top teams and haven't lost hopefully go unbeaten like in spain and england. enjoying it loads though!

Thanx to everyone who's helped me out so far in my new game. I'm coming along very slowly because of other work but have managed to finally reach January.

I'm top the league comfortably after 20 games. Havent lost any yet and am on 54 points. 2nd placed Toulouse are on 37 in the same number of games. So that race looks over!

In the Champions League, have done well so far. Qualified top of my group of Arsenal, Schalke & Kobenhaven. Beat Arsenal 2-0 and home and then lost 1-0 to them away (damn Van Persie!). Now, in the first knock-out round I've got a potentially easy tie against Rangers (what are the odds?!). Poor Arsenal were the unluckiest of the whole lot. The have to play Madrid!

Anyway, I've not got any money left anymore sadly to make more transfers. I'm looking get a few freebies in though. Currently, I'm trying to convince Flamini to sign a pre-contract agreement with me. If not him, I'm gonna try for Sebastien Kehl. Pander is another I'm gonna try to convince to come (doesnt want to atm). Grosso will be sold keeping with my policy of not keeping any over 29's in the team. I might sell Juninho too unless he agrees to lower his wages. I wanted Amrabat but he wanted ridiculously high wages and then accepted Sevilla's offer sadly. Might look to get a GK in for free as well. Jussi, Wiese & De Sanctis are all available. But ideally, I want to sign Lloris next season as I'll be selling Coupet.

How much money do you get in season 2 if you manage to win the league and say 1 more of the domestic cups?

i've crashed out of the champions league at 1st knockout round yet again, 5-4 on agg against liverpool.

This led to a blip in the league, an unforgivable 4-0 defeate against saint etiene, and a 1-0 defeat by stade rennais.

This was soon rectified by dropping a few players to the bench and blooding a few youngsters, faith was repaid in a 6-0 thrashing of RC Lens and 5-0 against Grenoble in the french cup.

Now i've got my usual first team back, see if that two game rest brings them back better than ever.

Hopey and Agent Tiro and Spike

Thx for the s.s..

Lulinha is going to be the bomb for me though.

Dexta

Good transfers.

Good first season mate.

Losing against you biggest rivals in the main cup. Must be painful. icon_biggrin.gif (I lost in the league with 4-0 from them icon13.gif)

Hulk

Good start and the league is safe.

Rangers icon_cool.gif Now if you have the same scoreline you could get Manu.

Money for second season depends if you gone deep into the red like i did well than you get not to much. Otherwise like Hopey said.

Def. watch out for other clubs the chairman is sometimes crazy. F.e. he sold Kallstrom for 16 mil with me but a bid of 32 mil for Squillaci he left alone. icon_confused.gif

Cheers HoPeY! 20-25M? Damn! I was hoping that they'd give me the same as this year (30M odd) or maybe a bit more.

For next season, I've pin-pointed the need for a better CB. I need a world-class one for sure. Samba & Squillaci are good, but not great.

I'll sell atleast 2 of Cris, Anderson and Squillaci. Cris is due to his age, Anderson just doesnt look that good and Squillaci, while good in most areas, has a poor jump on him and that just doesnt cut it for the CB position. I'm definitely looking at Mertesacker. Maybe even Albiol if he signs the new contract with a low release. And also Nordtveit. Would love to get a French CB in but dont think there are any available. Mexes would be a bloody dream. Kaboul is an option and looks pretty good -

19 Heading

17 Jumping

17 Marking

16 Tackling

18 Bravery

14 Concentration

Great team-work, work-rate, positioning as well. Off the ball is only 10 though. What do you reckon? I think he'll cost like 4-5M tops. Bellaid & especially Sakho need atleast another season before they can come in contention. Bellaid is playing the easier games for me though.

Purefun

Just saw your post. Thanx mate. Yeah I'm like 20M+ in the red (not bank balance, but loss. Bank balance is very healthy). I reckon that'll come down when I get my league prize-money. TBH, I wouldnt be too disappointed if Kallstrom went for 16M. I'd want it all upfront though. He's not even 2nd choice atm. Joulalan is the MC, Bodmer the other one (slight defensive though). If Toulalan gets injured, Bodmer takes over as the offensive one and Zapater comes in as the defensive one. Kallstrom comes after Zapater as well. If someone bids 32M for Squillaci, I'll send them a thank you card with him as well! Definitely take that and get Mertesacker or someone in for half as much! But I dont think I'm that lucky!! icon_biggrin.gif

But if accepts a bid for any of Toulalan (who's unsettled right now as I wont allow him to talk to Barca), Ben Arfa or Benzema, I would go mental. The 3 of them are key. All others are very much replacable.

Hulk

Kaboul is def. an option mate. I looked at him too but on original he doesn't cut it at toplevel imo. But on 8.02 he is better. Go for him and you could buy another class defender if wanted maybe Pique.

Anyway Squillaci has been key to my squad. icon14.gif

Well if you want to sell why not all three, you should get very good money for them. Not for Anderson but still.

Well Ustari has decided to join everton so i may look at costil. frey supposedly would be interested but he'd be too pricy i think, especially as the board has only given me 19M and won't give me any more. And all the top clubs are after bodmer and montolivo. Luckily even thought the chairman accepted a 17M offer for bodmer, he signed a new deal, but i'm more concerned about montolivo as he was easily 2nd best player last season.

on a positive note, i took a look at sakho and palliot and they have improved greatly and could be ready for regular first-team football, considering that i want to sell anderson to free a non-eu spot for lulinha and squilaci is off to a.c milan. i'm also having a look at mensah and put in a 7M bid for him as he isn't the happiest player.

Purefun

Yep, definitely gonna keep a close eye on Kaboul. Problem is, he's playing regularly for Spurs atm. He's still a "backup" there but I'm hoping he stops playing as his value will rocket otherwise. Pique is class too but I want someone for the first team and I dont think he's ready in season 2. But at the end of the day, it'll all depend on who costs what.

How much do you reckon I can get for:

- Coupet

- Squillaci (if I decide to sell him, not if someone bids on him)

- Anderson

- Cris

- Grosso

- Juninho (if he doesnt agree to lower his wages)

Cheers for the help! icon_smile.gif

DANG! Inter just bid 10M + Balotelli for Kallstrom. Really tempting offer as I quite like Balotelli. But decided to reject it in the end as I feel Balotelli, Benzema, Fred & Cavani are all very similar strikers. I'm sure if I negotiated they would have come up to 13-15M + Balotelli but dont think I'm going to sell Kallstrom in Jan unless the chairman accepts.

Originally posted by purefun:

Dexta

Good transfers.

Good first season mate.

Losing against you biggest rivals in the main cup. Must be painful. icon_biggrin.gif (I lost in the league with 4-0 from them icon13.gif)

[

yeah my board said my fans were not happy about it!!

all going good so far though! i think there are too many rounds in the french cup why do they not do qualifying lol

Originally posted by twattyatkins:

Okay after 51 pages you guys have talked me into it, gonna start a Lyon game, I just love managing in France, the only thing that annoys me is the 1 match ban after 3 yellows rule

Welcome to the thread.

To be honest, with the Squad available to you, i doubt you'll notice the one match suspensions from 3 yellow cards icon_smile.gif

End of Season Update

Probably the tightest season in the league i've had. PSG managing to keep the gap down to 10 points. I also didn't break the 100 point barrier, making only 89 this year. However i did score one more goal than last year, but I conceded 12 more. Also 29 of my 32 wins were by more than 2 goals!

PSG were my main rivals really, but i still beat them in champions trophy, coupe de la ligue and french cup finals.

Champions league i did my usual and got knocked out in first round. Really need to improve upon that.

Had a quick look around my squad and some how my right backs have got old lol. It's also the only place my under 18's don't have any good prospects so i've had to hit the transfer market. Guess who's coming back. Loic Abenzoar in a 3.4m deal will bring him back to us.

Leaving us will be Fred in a 7.5m deal sending him to Newcastle. A few other regens are on the way in as well. Will post screenshots as they start to break into the first team. Could be pretty soon considering how Barzagli, Squillaci and pasanen are all 30, with Lopez about to turn 30 in the coming months.

Archived