FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

My girlfriend has now gone back to America so Im back!!!

I have just gone on my Lyon game for the first time in over a week today and will be on a fair bit in the near future as I dont have to work again until Monday. As soon as I loaded up, Chelsea came in with an enquiry for Fred, (valued at £18million), so I negotiated a £35million fee for him hoping it would deter them, but to my absolute dismay they came back with the offer!! I guess Im looking for some guidance..................

Before you all automatically say "yes" to accepting the offer because he is either injury prone on your games, or lacks form, I'll give some background to him in my game;

After 4 seasons Fred has been an outstanding player for me, top scoring in all 4 seasons with tallies as follows;

Season 1 - 27 goals in 36 games

Season 2 - 26 goals in 41 games

Season 3 - 24 goals in 41 games

Season 4 - 28 goals in 43 games

He has also been named the "Fans Player of the Year" in 3 of my 4 seasons in charge, and last season won the Champions League Best Player Award.

Now make your judgments

Sell if you have a vaible solution i.e. another striker to replace him that will do just as well, what replacements have you been looking at?

Gignac as Scott has mentioned is a capable replacement.

For that kind of money I myself would sell, because 8.02 Fred just isn't the same as he was before 8.02. icon14.gif

Good luck with your tough choice, but I wouldn't sell unless you have an ideal target who you can definatly get.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

Right, I've finally given in to the hype and decided to have a go with Lyon. Lets see what its all about then! I still feel it would get too easy with their squad being a lot superior than any other French team but its worth a go none-the-less. Lets see what comes off it!! icon_smile.gif

I'll report back in a bit about my potential targets etc. Just having a look at all the players first really and also setting up the coaches etc.

One bit of help to start with - Can anyone tell me which youth/reserve players I should watch out for? Abenzoar is one I know of. Anyone else?? Thanx for now! Will be back in a bit! icon_biggrin.gif

Welcome hulk, I am sure you will enjoy your stay mate!

As for your question about youth/reserve. Off the top of my head no one at the start (i.e. default) except Abenzoar have really much potential. Its more the case of poaching players like Sahko, Sankare(sp), Zola, Schwechlen, Costil etc

As the years go on however you will get some class regens but that is further down the line.

You could agrue however Benzema/Ben Arfa are class youth players but thats more me being picky really icon_wink.gif lol.

Right, I've finally given in to the hype and decided to have a go with Lyon. Lets see what its all about then! I still feel it would get too easy with their squad being a lot superior than any other French team but its worth a go none-the-less. Lets see what comes off it!! icon_smile.gif

I'll report back in a bit about my potential targets etc. Just having a look at all the players first really and also setting up the coaches etc.

One bit of help to start with - Can anyone tell me which youth/reserve players I should watch out for? Abenzoar is one I know of. Anyone else?? Thanx for now! Will be back in a bit! icon_biggrin.gif

Abenzoar is the one that will push Clerc for a place at RB.

Apart from that.. Said Mehamha on my game looks like he could become a tidy player. Still undecided on him though. He's 20 now and on loan for the season.

From my experience the others dont quite cut it.

This is what happened when the Sochaux manager said that I must win this game if i want to win the title. Despite me being 20 points clear with 7 games remaining.

Even i was shocked at how my players reacted, most of them wanted to prove the Sochaux manager wrong.

Bloody hell did they do that! Also well done Ben Arfa for scoring 3 goals in the space of 7 minutes! All of them from outside the box.

Originally posted by Agent Tiro:

This is what happened when the Sochaux manager said that I must win this game if i want to win the title. Despite me being 20 points clear with 7 games remaining.

Even i was shocked at how my players reacted, most of them wanted to prove the Sochaux manager wrong.

Bloody hell did they do that! Also well done Ben Arfa for scoring 3 goals in the space of 7 minutes! All of them from outside the box.

Definatly proved yourself as worthy champions there mate.. good job icon_smile.gif

Thanx for the info about the youth players guys.

Ok, so I need players:

GK - I need someone! Coupet is great but he's injured for a long time and I dont think Vercoutre and Roux are up to the job. Vercoutre looks ok though.

CB - Desperate here! Squillaci is class. Cris & Anderson injured ofcourse so need some cover. Muller is too slow and I'm gonna sell him and Boumsong.... wtf was Lyon thinking??! Gonna get Samba as he seems the best bet. Cheap and good. Am also looking at Bellaid or Federico Fazio. Good enough at the start and will hopefully become better. Which one do you guys reckon? Bodmer can fill in when required I suppose.

LB - Grosso is fine I guess. But need backup. Thinking either Pineda or Hill. Cheap and good both of them. Hill might be a better bet because he's a EU player.

RB - Good here with Clerc and Reveillere.

DM - Only Bodmer for this position. Might try to loan in Flamini or someone else. If and when I get someone, I'll terminate Crosas's loan.

CM - Fine here with Toulalan, Kallstrom and Juninho. Kallstrom might go if I get a 10M+ offer.

LM - Juninho & Ben Arfa. Fine.

RM - Keita, Delgado & Govou. Fine. Might sell Govou.

ST - Fred & Benzema are both great but Fred's injured for 2 months. Dont think I'll be playing Ben Arfa or Delgado here unless in dire straits!! Looking for someone here too I guess. If I can sell Kallstrom for 10M+, I'll get Briand.

Any other recommendations or help?? Thanx!

GK - Costil and Lloris, Lloris is ready from the start but will cost you bucks! Get Costil now anyway for around 400k

CB - Samba, Felipe, Zapata, Usual suspects really hulk

LB - Grosso is fine I guess. Have a look at Matheui from Toulouse, good young player and French.

RB - No need for anyone here.

DM - Only Bodmer for this position. Might try to loan in Flamini or someone else. If and when I get someone, I'll terminate Crosas's loan. Toulalan is also a possiblity here, but he is not so solid on the DM side. Have a look at Ducasse from Bordeuax, a good prospect and should provide you with good cover if Bodmer is injured. Falling that look at the beast Makoun II

CM - Fine here with Toulalan, Kallstrom and Juninho. Kallstrom might go if I get a 10M+ offer.

LM - Juninho & Ben Arfa. Fine. Menez is another option, but your covered in ML for now.

RM - Keita, Delgado & Govou. Fine. Might sell Govou. Sell Govou tbh, free's up some wages. Delgado doesn't quite cut it always so he should be a backup to Keita.

ST - Fred & Benzema are both great but Fred's injured for 2 months. Dont think I'll be playing Ben Arfa or Delgado here unless in dire straits!! Looking for someone here too I guess. If I can sell Kallstrom for 10M+, I'll get Briand.Gignac is another option he is class.

icon14.gif

Some suggestions Hulk.. i like to keep it French so my suggestions will be swaying towards that.

GK Lloris is the obvious choice. Costil is a possibility but not sure if he's first team ready, personally i felt he wasn't.

CB Samba's a great choice - won Euro Def of the year in his first season for me. Bellaid is also a very good option. He's part of my squad now in the 4th season.

LB Have a look at J.Mathieu and see what you think, costs about 2-3.5m

DM Makoun is a possibility here. Otherwise Flamini would be great if you manage to get him.

ST Gignac is a fantadtic player, goal a game striker. Otherwise, Grax is a cheaper option. Briand is also worth a mention.

To be honest theincrediblehulk, Remy Vercoutre was very good for me, and heading into my 5th season is my first choice. Though if you want another, Remy Riou is a good keeper, and then there are the usual suspects such as Hugo Lloris and Benoit Costil.

Mathieu Bodmer performs very well at CB, and is better than merely "cover" in that position.

At LB I have retrained Reveillere so he can now cover both full back positions...................problem solved. icon_wink.gif

For DM I played Toulalan there before my board sold him, and despite him been labelled a CM he performed very well there. If you retrain Bodmer aswell he plays well there.

And don't sell Kallstrom for that little. He is a great perfromer creating many goals and chipping in with a few aswell.

Last but not least strikers...............I would advise against signing Jimmy Briand after my experience with him. Yes he gets goals, when he's fit that is. In my 4 seasons in charge of Lyon he is so injured he is yet to play 30 games in a season. A recommendation would be Andre Gignac of Toulouse as he seems to score many goals in Ligue 1.

Originally posted by HoPeY:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Beaten to it again icon_rolleyes.gif

Hopey's on the ball icon14.gif

That's what separates the Amateurs from the Part timers eh? icon_wink.gif

Or maybe its more down to the fact I have spammed more, hahaha icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol..

Congratulations on the promotion mate icon_smile.gif

Thanx for recommendations guys. But the problem is the budget. I only have 9M budget!! Cant afford most of those guys. I need 2 CB's for sure. Samba will cost me just a shade under 2M and Bellaid (if I get him) will cost about 4M. And then Jeremy Mathieu will cost about 3M. So that's about my budget done!! Lol! Makoun would cost 9M, Lloris about 10M+, Gignac about 5M and same with Ducasse. Felipe & Zapata are impossible. 8M and 20M+!! No chance. Grax looks decent and will cost about 1.5M. Might look into him.

My priority is defence though. Old school thinking: "If you dont concede, you cant lose!". So I'll get Samba, Ballaid & Mathieu first and then see who I can sell and for how much.

Any idea how much I can get for Kallstrom, Govou & Muller? And can I actually sell Boumsong? Or is the AI too wise for that??

Thanx for recommendations guys. But the problem is the budget. I only have 9M budget!! Cant afford most of those guys. I need 2 CB's for sure. Samba will cost me just a shade under 2M and Bellaid (if I get him) will cost about 4M. And then Jeremy Mathieu will cost about 3M. So that's about my budget done!! Lol! Makoun would cost 9M, Lloris about 10M+, Gignac about 5M and same with Ducasse. Felipe & Zapata are impossible. 8M and 20M+!! No chance. Grax looks decent and will cost about 1.5M. Might look into him.

My priority is defence though. Old school thinking: "If you dont concede, you cant lose!". So I'll get Samba, Ballaid & Mathieu first and then see who I can sell and for how much.

Any idea how much I can get for Kallstrom, Govou & Muller? And can I actually sell Boumsong? Or is the AI too wise for that??

Ask the board for more money! But the amount you get if any will depend what you set yourself up when you created the manager e.g. past experience.

Kallstorm - 15Million plus, easily.

Govou - £6/7Million.

Muller - 500k? If you're lucky!

Lost 3-1 at the San Siro to Inter in the CL Quater Finals..

Confidence of qualifications wasn't high when they came back to OL Land in the second leg.. Especially with Purefuns predictions of us struggling in the CL.

But i sent the boys on to the field with the mentality that they could overturn the defecit. Benzema had hit his 50th goal of the season in the previous game and was hungry for more.

To my delight.. he produced one of his masterclasses, helping himself to 2 goals and giving us an away goal victory.

Liverpool await us in the Semis!

I doubt he'd get in my pub team nevermind derby!

lol icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by the pernambucano of football remainders:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

* Nasri had a fantastic first season and proved to be a great bit of business on my part. He bagged 12 goals and

31 assists, with an average rating of 7.56 in 40 games.

what settings do you have your AMC (this case Nasri) to because 31 assists in a season is incredible! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First notch of attacking

First notch of creative freedom

Short passing on the notch before Mixed

Tackling Easy

FW Runs, RWB, TBs, Long Shots all on Often

Cross Ball on Rarely

and Free Role selected

I doubt he'd get in my pub team nevermind derby!

He's under-rated imo. My brother is in junior school and I'm sure Boumsong will be a star player there. icon14.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ok, I asked the board for more money. And now my budget is 30M!! DAMN! I'm sure I'll manage to get a good squad together in that. Will report back as soon as I've got it all together! Thanx for the help guys! icon14.gif

Please don't sell Kim Kallstrom, he is god

I might not be selling him anymore mate! Now that I have extra funds available, I think I should be able to sign all players I want without having to sell too many. icon14.gif

give it a season or so and you'll have 30m offers for kallstrom coming in!

Or if your lucky.. and you haven't fixed the Spurs bug thing where they get rich - they'll offer you 29.5m for him in January icon_biggrin.gif

Ffs people i'm gone for like five hours and almost 40 posts. icon_eek.gif

Scott

Nice results. Gladd you reached the semi-final. Prove me wrong and win the final and i'll buy you a beer. (when i'm somewhere in your region icon_wink.gif)

Agent Tiro

Sorry to hear about your first round exit again. And yes a new stadium gives you more people to cheer you on. You'll win the final next year. icon14.gif

What a result mate. 10-1 icon14.gif

Tomtuck

I hope you had a nice time together mate. But now its back to Lyon. icon_wink.gif

Do not sell Fred. Simple.

Liam

Thx for the info.

Hulk

Welcome and good luck mate.

Arsenal is much easier than Lyon. icon_biggrin.gif And the french league gets tougher every year. Thats imo offcourse.

Abenzoar becomes worldclass, brilliant at rb and also at dc.

The recommandations by Hopey are the same i would give to you. A couple of extra's are : Mensah (Rennes DC), Biglia (Anderlecht for CM and DM), Grax (striker).

I would def. sell Govou (high wages). Kallstrom is worth 15 mil imo.

I now see you only have 9 mil so i would go for the defenders youself suggested.+ If you sell Govou you could buy some youth which is needed as there are so many great french youngsters.

Fgs now your budget is 30 mil well buy everything you need don't overspend (or you loose some players) and see that you get that youth.

Hopey

Part-Timer <<<< Youth Team icon_biggrin.gif

Still a hangover? icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by HoPeY:

Nah, its gone now. My worst hang over ever but then again it was my 21st last night/yesterday so it's to be expected. I'm lucky I wasn't stripped naked and tried to a lamp post, thats the common "celebration" after a good night drinking from the uni boys icon_cool.gif

Ooh didn't know that. Congrats mate.

The 09/10 season is now at an end. Not quite as sucessful as last season.

The league was won quite comfortably again, with my best record so far. Finishing with 103 points, thats two more than last season. I scored a massive 111 goals, whilst conceding an impressive 15! Also 28 of my games were won by 2+ goals, 5 being won by 1 goal. Only the one defeat througout the league.

Coupe de la Ligue was won comfortably, even with games against PSG and Marseille in the quarters and semis.

In the French Cup i was knocked out by Le Mans UC 72 in the quarter finals. Despite being 2-0 up at half time, Pasanen came out after half time and must have had a labotomy, his rating dropped from 7 to 4. Costing me 2 goals before i could even get him off the pitch. A late winner knocked me out. Needless to say Pasanen had a right telling off, performances like that are unacceptable and if i receive any offers over the summer he will be gone.

Player wise things went well, Ben Arfa went on a scoring frenzy in the final few months and finished on 28, Benzema got 21, Briand 20. Several goals coming from midfield and Barzagli getting a shocking 18.

Players Player of the Season: Van der Vaart (Hugo Lloris came second)

Most Promising Player: Hugo Lloris

Goalkeeper of the Season: Hugo Lloris

Manager of the Season: Me

Star of the Season: Benzema, with Ben Arfa and Van der Vaart in second and third

Kallstrom had most assists, with fernandez coming third

Lloris won star keeper

Eleven of my players were selected in the orange stars team of the competition.

Juninho is retiring at the end of the season, so there's his wages gone. He wants £49k a week to be a scout so he can leave. Coupet's contract expires shortly and i won't be renewing that, Costil is on the way, and i've got two promising keepers in the u18s

Well I did accept the offer for Fred, in the end I thought it was too good to turn.But I also offered him a new deal at the same time.

Thankfully the Brazilian legend signed a new deal and is now my highest earner on £60k a week!!

Long Live The King

Purefun

Thanx mate! icon_smile.gif

As for the recommendations: Mensah they want 7M odd and he'll take up a non-EU place as well. No go! Biglia - again, takes up a non-EU place and doesnt look that good on the defensive end. Grax looks decent and was recommended above as well. Might get him if I dont buy anyone else. Depends on how much I have left!!

HoPeY

Congrats on the 21st mate! Welcome to what is known as the age of "adulthood". And let me be the first to say - it sucks and is way over-rated!! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, here are my transfers so far:

Transfers In

01. Alberto Zapater - 7M

02. Manuel Neuer - 6M

03. Habib Bellaid - 4.5M

04. Jeremy Mathieu - 3.1M

05. Christopher Samba - 1.5M

06. Abdou Razack Traore - 900K

07. Mamadou Sakho - 500K

08. Miralem Pjanic - 400K

09. Lubos Kalouda - 375K

10. Frederic Duplus - 275K

11. Joris Delle - 240K

Transfers Out

1. Sidney Govou - 9M (Newcastle)

2. Patrick Muller - 2M (RC Lens)

3. Jean Alain Boumsong - Loan (Geneo - 60% wages)

4. Francesco Migliore - Loan (Verona)

Zapater was a good deal at 7M. Makoun, I've never really liked for some reason. I know he'a a quality player though. Just dont like him. Alou Diarra was another I was considering but went for Zapater instead. Neuer I got because he was half of what Lloris was costing me. Good deal imo. Mathieu was as per peoples recommendations. Looks good although a little fragile on the defensive end. Wanted Razack Traore and Kalouda as they can both help me out immediately if needed and are also great future prospects. Oh, and heres a tip for all you "veteran" Lyon players. Offer Govou a new contract first. He accepted the same terms on mine without the release clause. Then you can sell him for the 9M I did!!! icon_biggrin.gif Boumsong could go for anything as far I was concerned. I'll sell him for free next year hopefully. Cant stand his bloody face!!! icon_redface.gif

So now my team looks like this:

GK - Coupet/Neuer/Vercoutre

LB - Grosso/Mathieu

RB - Clerc/Reveillere

CB - Squillaci/Bodmer/Cris

CB - Samba/Bellaid

DM - Bodmer/Zapater

CM - Toulalan/Zapater/Kallstrom

LM - Juninho/Ben Arfa/Traore

RM - Keita/Ben Arfa/Kalouda/Delgado

ST - Benzema/Delgado

ST - Fred/Ben Arfa

I'll probably be playing with only Benzema upfront till Fred comes back. But I think I still need a striker. I'll sell Delgado in Jan most probably. (a) he's not that good and (b) he takes up a non-EU spot. Thinking of getting Cavani for about 9-10M. Have about 13/14M to spend. Any other ideas? Other comments/suggestions welcome! icon_smile.gif

Agent Tiro

Good league win and the same goes for the league cup offcourse.

Ben Arfa goalscoring is incredible!!!

Those two legends gone frees up a lot of wagebudget mate. icon14.gif

Tomtuck

Yeah he is pretty loyal. But i think on next years game he will be among the first ones to go.

Hulk

Good transfers. You could get Cavani he is great and could the job immediate. Also if lucky Podolski could be available for the same price. Weren't Sakho, Saivet, Saunier ... willing to come to you??

And your tip, had done that and sold him for 12 mil + sell-on. icon_razz.gif

Is your balance positive? If not keep in mind that if another team comes in for one of your players the chairman accepts the bid whatever it is. I lost Kallstrom that way.

As for Mensah 7 mil isn't to much and like Tucker said Africans don't count as non-eu which is rather nice.

End Transfer Window Update

Squad

03202008225141sw2.th.jpg

huge squad with many good loans, and still have Dentinho, Cris, Cleber & Coupet in the reserves

Transfers In

Thiago - Free

Kevin Monnet-Paquet - £1.3M

Joris Delle - Free

Aquino - £150k

Damien Le Tallec - Free

Eden Hazard - Free

Mamadou Sakho - Free

Distel Zola - £190k

Levan Kenia - Free

Francois Wade - Free

Younousse Sankhare - Free

Matthieu Saunier - Free

Georginio Wijnaldum - Free

Miguel Angel Torren - £1M

John Bostock - Free

Dentinho - £5.25M

Mathieu Delpierre - £3.5M

Hugo Lloris - £14M

Bojan - Loan

Salomon Kalou - Loan

Mathieu Flamini - Loan

Darren Fletcher - Loan

Johan Djourou - Loan

Mario Balotelli - Loan

Transfers Out

Sidney Govou - £7M

Patrick Muller - £1M

Miguel Angel Torren - Loaned To Malaga (Feeder Club For Spanish Nationality)

Future Transfers In

Dean Bouzanis - £325k - 1.1.2008

Hugo Guichard - £0 - 1.7.2008

Nordine Baada - £0 - 1.7.2008

Kyriakos Papadopoulos - £1.2M - 1.7.2008

Luis Jimenez - £2.5M - 1.7.2008

Carlos Vela - £5M - 1.7.2008 icon_cool.gif

Douglas - £425k - 1.1.2009

Ulises Dávlia - £0 - 1.7.2009

Victor Manon - 1.7.2010

Martin Galvan - 19.7.2010

Gerson - £0 1.1.2011 icon_frown.gif

Champions League Group icon_frown.gif

Liverpool

Lyon

Stuttgart

Sparta Prague

Fighting for 2nd it seems

Fixtures so far..

Champions Trophy Vs FC Sochaux - Won 3-1 (Juninho, Bodmer & Benzema)

Ligue 1 Vs RS Strasbourg - Won 5-2 (Juninho, Ben Arfa & Benzema 3)

Ligue 1 Vs Aj Auxerre - Won 1-0 (Ben Arfa)

Ligue 1 Vs Valenciennes - Won 2-0 (Sakho & Keita)

Ligue 1 Vs Rennais FC - Won 3-0 (Kalou & Benzema 2)

Ligue 1 Vs Nancy - Won 4-2 (Squillaci, Delpierre, Bodmer & Benzema)

Ligue 1 Vs Bordeaux - Won 3-0 (Keita, Kalou & Benzema)

Overall a good start to the season and unlike usual i will be using my youth players alot, loads of depth

roll on the rest of the season

Purefun

I got Sakho mate. And have already offered a contract to Saunier and just waiting for him to agree. Saivet rejected me the little bugger. But I'll get him next year no problem.

My balance in postive (still 40M odd in the bank) but my loss is about 9M already. Would that effect the chairmans thinking any??

Mensah doesnt look much better than Samba. And I think I'm sorted for my CB's anyway for now. Squillaci, Bodmer & Samba will do for now with Bellaid also there for emergencies. I'm planning on launching an offensive to bring Nordtveit to Lyon thats why I dont want anyone else just yet. Podolski will cost me 13M according to my scouts. So I think I'll just get Cavani. Although I do need a quick striker. I think I'll just wait till the last week of the transfer window and see. If Benzema/Delgado arent giving me enough, I'll bring someone in. Else I'll try for someone in Jan. Fred should be back in a month as well. icon_smile.gif

After a marathon session I have now finished my fifth season, which proved to be my most successful to date:

League table

Season overview

Squad

The important matches went as follows:

French Champions Trophy - beat PSG 2-0

European Super Cup - beat Arsenal 5-0

League Cup Final - beat Marseille 2-0

Champions League Final - beat Bayern Munich 2-1 (ET)

French Cup Final - beat Bordeaux 4-0

Our players featured heavily in the domestic and European awards:

Players player of the year - 1st Fernandez, 2nd Menez

Most Promising Player - 1st Traore, 2nd Comacho

Manager of the season - 1st Me

Star of the season - 1st Ben Arfa, 2nd Fernandez, 3rd Menez

Most Assists - 3rd Fernandez

Star Goalkeeper - 2nd Lloris

Champioms League Best Player - 1st Fernandez, 2nd Ben Arfa, 3rd Morais

Golden Boot - 3rd Benzema

Dream Team - Traore, Barzagli, Ben Arfa, Morais, Fernandez, Menez

I decided to finally give Saivet an extended run in the side towards the end of the season, and he repaid my faith with some great performances. The last 5 games brought a tally of 8 goals including the extra time winner in the Champions League final, and 2 in the French Cup Final against his previous employers Bordeaux (this was after he scored a hat-trick against them in the penultimate league game). This has given me a major (but nice) selection headache for the start of next season as he was my 4th choice striker!

Will post again once I have completed my transfer dealings for next season.

First Season

January Update[/b

Transfers Out:

Kim Kallstrom - 8million

Anthony Reveillere - 4million

Juninho Pernambucano - 5.5million

Fred - 4.1million plus 3million over 6months and 20% sell on fee

League Table

scr1278561ant7.th.jpg

all going great except 3 defeats, Rennes, Toulouse and Lens!

still in all competitions.

Cup games coming up:

Champions League 1st Knockout Round - Valencia

French Cup 10th Round - Istres

Coupe De La Ligue Semi Final - Nancy

all going good. with Benzema on fire with 29 in 32. still need him to score more often, but still its only his first season!

going to bring in a fair few players in the summer. but at the moment i think my squad is good enough to carry on the way it is.

here it is.

scr127cafcfuv4.th.jpg

it is a small squd but i will cope with it. got cris back from injury in a week and players like Mame Biram Diouf, Abenzoar, Saivet, Suplus, Saunier, Sankhare, Mehamha, Sburlea, Fleck, Kenia, Jevtic, Hazard, Acapandie, moses and Delfounso. so i should cope even if i have to play some of them. most of the games in the league aren't too challenging. just the champions league i need to worry about! hopefully go okay though!

BB

Some great transfers mate. Could you let me know how Zola is getting on over the years? Thx.

Great future transfers. Bouzanis, Jimenez, Vela ... all great.

Tough group. Hate to play Liverpool they always score against me.

Good start of the season. Benzema is scoring a lot. I see that Bojan is your second striker but having trouble to score. On which side do you put Benzema?

Hulk

Now i'm happy as long as there are french youngsters to break through. icon14.gif

Sorry but thats what i meant, if you are losing money the chairman also accepts bids so do wait till the last week to buy an extra striker if he is needed.

Spike

Damm PSG had a great season too and they scored a lot. Did they buy anybody "famous"?

How is De Gea for you? If have him loaned out at At. Madrid where he is first choice but really don't know what to do with him.

Saivet. icon_cool.gif Had a bid of 70 mil + 50% for him from Real but declined. And than to think he is having a crappy season tbh.

Dexta

Good first season so far. But you concede to many imo with that tactic you should get less goals in.

Valencia and those cupgames shouldn't be a problem.

Nice youth line-up just waiting to get there chance. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

Good start of the season. Benzema is scoring a lot. I see that Bojan is your second striker but having trouble to score. On which side do you put Benzema?

the centre side, as i play a 4-5-1 icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

So Bojan is a sub. Still he didn't score. Never had him though. Trying for my other game though.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

the centre side, as i play a 4-5-1 icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> icon_biggrin.gif

So Bojan is a sub. Still he didn't score. Never had him though. Trying for my other game though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the strange thing is that for me Bojan has never ever played well but i always feel the need to get him wheather it be on loan or buying icon_biggrin.gif

Purefun

Hadn't noticed PSG's scoring record, but having checked out their transfers they don't seem to have signed any major players. The one who has been doing the business is Falcao, they signed him right at the start for £4.2m from River Plate and he's been banging them in. They also got Bojinov on a free at the start of this season and he scored a few.

I'm finally getting a decent size stadium icon14.gif The board have just announced an 11,478 expansion, taking the capacity to 58,522.

Don't know whether you remember those regens I was looking at (page 46 of this thread if you can't remember), but a couple of them have just been snapped up. Ginobili (ST) £11.5m + clauses to Atletico Madrid & Guillen (MC) £21m + clauses to Valencia. I am still going to try and get Dvorak (DC) though.

Spike

Falcao and Bojinov thats just great and than peopla are saying French league is easy. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yep had the same increase takes till about 16th of November though before its finished. Immediate had a sell-out because i had to play St-Etienne our biggist rivals. icon_cool.gif

Shame about those regens mate but they went too expensive for such a young age imo.

Originally posted by Scott08:

Missed out on a bit not being on last night icon_smile.gif

Not going to have much time this weekend but i should finish off my 4th season tomorrow at some point, i'll try and update then icon14.gif

Yeah its busy. Good thing though.

Archived