FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

theincrediblehulk

In my game LOSC Lille seem to have been my biggest rivals over 5 seasons, although in the 5th season PSG were very good (not good enough to stop us though!)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh cheers guys. Yeah, Toulouse and PSG are 2nd and 3rd atm. Le Mans I'm not sure about. They are battling it our for the final relegation spot with Metz, Marseille and Auxerre (who currently hold it!). There's just a gap of 3 points between them!! And LOSC started off really well too. They pushed me hard at the start of the season in our game and I just about came away with a draw IIRC. They were 2nd for a while but have fallen away since then. Will look out for them though. Thanx!

purefun

Mate, could you post a screenie of Abenzoar at his best?? His physical stats are looking ridiculous atm and am going to start giving him intensive physical training. Did you do anything specific whilst training him? They are pretty shocking atm:

08 Acceleration

10 Agility

09 Balance

14 Jumping

10 Natural Fitness

08 Pace

10 Stamina

10 Strength

Those are pretty worrying really! And the coach says I should offload him in the near future. I know they're not always right but I'm just wondering if they might be right this time? Its still very early days though.

Trust you to spot my tiniest of mistakes purefun! icon_biggrin.gif

This is Mario Balotelli on my game. Thankyou Valencia for setting the smallest of buy-out clauses after buying him for £16million!! Silly Spaniards!

As for your game, good season, though not great against Real Madrid in the Champions League final. Looking at the amount of attempts at goal they had it looks like they did[/i} do as you say and bossed the game, although the possesion stat wouldn't suggest so.

The regen CB you brought in looks like a decent defender too.

Nice season, and go win the CL next season.

Agent Tiro

This is Fred in my current season. He is performing very well and is on course to be top scorer for the 5th season in a row.

As for my right back situation, I have Francois Clerc who is currently 28, and this Brazilian signed a few years back, called Amaral who isn't bad. I also have Anthony Reveillere as back-up, though he is now 31.

------------------------------------------

Having only worked this morning for 3 hours I anticipate another long day on FM, I'll probably have this season done by Thursday!!

Purefun your owning that league again!

Shame about Champions League, but Javi Martinez tends to do that, im so glad hes in my team lol.

I took your advice on the tactics, i still play 4 at the back, but mascherano is cm with a barrow (thanks for this tip m8, really helped me, DM on this game dont seem to work imo) and Mascherano is awesome now.He plays alongside 2 ova cms and matias fernandez my amc, with 2 strikers, instead of 1 as i previously had.

The 2010/11 seson was a success, obviously my team was playing dreadfully, until purefun helped me out, and after my tactic change we went on a great run, won the league, champions league and french cup. Asamoah Gyan is brill again, maschrano as i said, and bale is turning into a sensational left back.

This season i wanted to protect Lyons financial security, i was given 17mil to spend, so i wanted to go easy on that, i limited myself to 1 money signing, ive got a state of the art youth facilities and upgrading to world class training facilities, ive also expanded the stadium aswell.

I got bruno, the brazilian cb from Real Madrid for 16.5 mil, he was bought in to replace squillaci, who was 30, and i fell out with him, a great servant for me, but he was sold for 6 mil to psg, not a bad price imo for his age, deteriorating ability, plus Bruno is just something else, i reccomend him to you all!!!

I also signed Defoe on a free, and what a signing so far its turned out to be, scoring for fun and hes keeping Briand out, but hes givin me a headache, because wheneva he comes of the bench he scores, Bojan chipping in aswell, but he is finding hard to get a run, due to the form of my other strikers.

so my team is as follows:

GK: O.USTARI

RB: M.TORRES

LB: G.BALE

CB: M.RICHARDS

CB: BRUNO

CM: MASCHERANO

CM: J.MARTINEZ

CM: LUCAS

AMC: M.FERNANDEZ

ST: A.GYAN

ST: J.BRIAND

SUBS:

J.DEFOE

BOJAN

SUNNY

C.SAMBA

M.RODRIGUEZ

So there you go, respect to every1, great posts btw, ive enjoyed reading them, hope youve all had a good easter, and gud luck wid your seasonz icon14.gif

Purefun

Great season mate.. unlucky in the CL. Real beat me in the final in my third season in charge so i know how you feel icon_smile.gif

Well done Rennes aswell.. the french team aren't developing so well on my game. Marseille got to the QF of the CL but lost on away goals to Man United this year. Thats about the pick of their achievments.

Hulk

I know you know all about Flamini but i snapped him up on a free at the end of my first season and he went on to win 'Signing of the season' in the league the following year.. Before moving to Real Madrid for £18.75m or so. I was dissapoinnted to lose him as he was Mr.Consistent.

Scott08

Yeah, I know mate. Flamini is FB and always puts in good performances. I'm desperate to land him. There's no interest so far in him so I'm hopeful. Just bloody hope he doesnt accept Arsenal's contract!!

Another question here: Just noticed Ederson in the reserves. How good does he become? He looks ok so far I suppose. But nothing great. Also, noticed that his price tag is 10M+! Can I actually sell him for that or more??? If so, I'll definitely be looking to do that! How much you guys reckon I can get for him? I wouldnt need him seeing as I'm after Jiminez.

Ederson is alright, he is a backup for me. He performs okay but he isn't what I would call good enough to be a regular. It's a shame because IRL he is much better than how he is in FM08 icon14.gif

Abenzoar seems to develop quite slowly, I would advice you keep him hulk he should develop into a class player as Scott08's supports with his s.s. icon14.gif

I used Ederson for a season, he did ok, nothing special. He found it difficult to get any sort of run of games so maybe i didn't give him a proper chance.

His value dropped because of this so when I came to sell him i only managed to get about 6m for him upfront, with a few clauses on top. Total was about 8m i think.

He moved to Man City and has been a regular for them for 3 seasons now. His stats look pretty much the same as at the start.

Scott08

Thanx for the screenie mate. He looks good. If his pace just increases a little, he'll be awesome.

As for Ederson, I think I'll sell him in that case. Dont think he'll become better than Jiminez so no point hanging on to him. If Kallstrom cant get much of a look-in atm, I highly doubt Ederson will!!

HoPeY

Cheers mate. Yeah, I think I'm going to hold on to Abenzoar. Have put him on an intensive aerobic and strength training schedule. Hopefully the stats will start improving soon.

And like said above, I'll sell Ederson. 10M would be good money if I can get that for him. Handy because then I can buy Menez or Lloris! icon_smile.gif

BrianClough

welcome and i hope you enjoy your time at Lyon

purefun

good season mate. Unlucky on not breaking the 100 points barrier, even unluckier with the CL final! If i play real madrid i'm going 4-2-4 from the off!

On my season Benzema, i mean sicknote has gone and got himself another long term injury. Such a shame that all that talent spends more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. If he was a regen i'd swear it was michael owen!

Fortunately Saivet and Gao Kun have been playing brilliantly. Briand is lucky to get an appearance at the minute!

Nani and R.Babel's contracts expire at the end of the season. Im monitoring both but was just wondering what everyone's opinions were on them?

Iv had Nani at Man United and he was good but he wants a lot of money to join so its a no at the moment.

Babel on the other hand i've never had so he could be intresting.

I've already arranged to sign Guilherme (AM/FC) from HSV on a free. Undecided on whether to push through deals for either of the others.

Originally posted by twattyatkins:

With Coupet injured at the start who do people genraly start with in goal as my coaches think none of the other keepers are any good

It's a good idea to buy a new GK. Lloris is probably the best bet.

Otherwise Costil is cheap, however he could use some time to develop a bit. Other options would be Kameni, Neuner or R.Riou.

Originally posted by twattyatkins:

With Coupet injured at the start who do people genraly start with in goal as my coaches think none of the other keepers are any good

I would advise using Remy Vercoutre until Coupet is match fit. He performed very well for me and is challenged Coupet for the position once he was fit again. Now in my 5th season, he is my first choice kepper.

Now then in a Champions League game away to Zaragoza I went with my usual European 4-5-1 system. With Karim Benzema, Hatem Ben Arfa, and Sidney Govou all out injured, I decided to start Francois Clerc in the AMR position................

I think in my 4 and a half years in charge Ive missed a trick not doing this before!!

Thx for the replies everyone (almost everyone icon_wink.gif).

Tomtuck

Thx for the s.s. mate.

And yes i have a trained eye to spot mistakes. icon_biggrin.gif

Well actually Clercq is very much suited to play as an AMR tbh. This surprises me not. Still he played great mate.

Hulk

The teams that Hopey said are the same for me.

Sell Ederson mate. Although irl he is setting the league on fire. I'm guessing on next years game he will be one of the great new "ones".

Jimbob

Glad to have helped you out mate. And a great season it was and this all due to me. icon_biggrin.gif

Great and cheap buy on Bruno.

You should get more french players mate but thats my opinion offcourse.

Twatty

Neuer, Lloris, Costil, Bailly, Kameni, R. Riou, De Sanctis.

Scott

You're playin on 8.2 if so get Nani he should be a lot better than on original.

Babel is also good. So i hear.

Just had my most nervy end to a game in charge of Lyon. Semi finals of the CL we got drawn against italain giants, AC Milan. With Kaka having a great season he was the dangerman.

First Leg in France, we won 2-1 thanks to Benzema. 2 Goals for him, Kaka in reply for Milan.

Second Leg in Milan, we made it to half-time 0-0. I sent the boys back out saying to get the job done for the fans. It didnt go to plan. On 57mins Kaka struck a shot from 35 yards.. and guess what! It beat Lloris and flew into the top corner. They were ahead on away goals.

Worried a had a little adjustment and got my players playing direct with less time wasting. 70mins went by, 80mins, 85mins.. not looking good. Extra time.. Could this be the end of our push to a third consecutive CL title?

92mins .. Up pops Benzema from a J.Menez cross with a spectacular bicycle kick! Back of the net. 1-1 on the night.. We're through icon_biggrin.gif

Purefun

Thanx for that mate. Scott08 actually gave me a screenie of his as well but in his game, his pace wasnt all that good. But in you're be looks phenomenol. I'm definitely going to keep him thats for sure.

But like I said a few posts above, his physical stats are really poor on mine. Did he start off with the same kind of stats in your game too?? And did you give him any special training to get them up? He's hardly improved this season but I'm still hopeful for the next. I was really curious so decided to check his PA on FMM. Its 178 so that's pretty much to the max.

Hulk

How old is he now. I believe 17 right. If so just let him do the season with the -18.

After that send him on loan to a feeder where you think he actually plays. I did this and this was instrumental for his increase imo.

After that i loaned him for two more seasons at teams that paid his wages and said he "is a valuable member of the team".

On the subject i never give special training i spend a lot of time re-ordering and re-ordering again and searching for regen coaches that gave me sevenstar training in everything.

Those special trainings are only good for a little increase imo.

End of Season 5

And Probably my best year yet!

League: 1st (100 points - 31/7/0 and only conceded 18 goals, scoring 91)

League Cup: Winners (2-1 vs Marseille)

French Cup: Winners (3-1 vs PSG)

CL: Winners Winners (3-1 vs Liverpool)

Champions Trophy: Winners (3-0 vs PSG)

Club World Champs: Winners (2-1 vs Osaka)

Euro Super Cup: Winners (3-0 vs Chelsea)

We only lost one game all season, coming away to Arsenal in the CL Quater Finals, 1-0. Im really happy that Saivet, Sakho, Abenzoar, D. Le Tallec, J.Dubroca, Sankhare, O.Benzerga and Marie have joined Ben Arfa and Benzemaa in coming through my youth ranks and are really turning into brilliant players.

Star Player

Benzema of course, yet again he did better than the previous season (i have no idea how!). Scored 49 league goals and is now only 17 short of the all time record for Lyon. (78 in all competitions)

Here's an overview of the squad Click

Transfers

Already arranged to sign Guilherme (Am/Fc) on a free, Nani and possibly R.Babel may follow depending on wage demands.

Other than that i can't see much activity. My youth players are blossoming. This guy has been at Birmingham for the season, recommended by my italian scout and signed from Roma as a 15 year old M.Lepore

Also, here's the youngster signed from Marseille last summer. He's coming on a treat, Dally

So my squad is as follows -

GK Lloris/Riou

RB L.Abenzor/De Silvestri

LB A.Traore/F.Marie ®

CB Dervite/Pique

CB Sakho/Sassi ®

MC Toulalan/Sankhare

MC Fabregas/O.Benzerga

AMR Menez/Assulin

AML Ben Arfa/Saivet

AMC Nasri/D.Le Tallec

ST Benzema/Pato/J.Dubroca ®

Transfers done, Squad sorted and ready for the kick-off of Season 6 !!

Ok. After a busy few weeks we're almost at the first game of the season. The Champions trophy vs Marseille.

INs

H.Nordtveit - Arsenal 11.75m

Guilherme - HSV Free

I.De Vries - Ajax 675k (16yrs old, Ass man said a definate purchase)

OUTs

G.Pique - Barcelona 7.5m + (20m)

D.Buonanette - Barcelona (10m) + 50% Sell on Fee

A.Portela - Ipswich 1.7m + 50% Sell on Fee

S.Mehamba - Ajaccio (1.5m) + 50% Sell on Fee

J.Dubroca - Blackburn (Loan - First team regular and they have top training facilites so i let me prized asset go out for a season)

Lepore, Benzerga, Saunier, Acapandie, Aquino, etc on Loan.

(..) is over 24 Months

Squad

GK Lloris/Riou

DR Abenzoar/De Silvestri

DL Traore/Marie

DC Nordtveit/Dervite

DC Sakho/Sassi

MC Toulalan/Sankhare

MC Fabregas/Nasri

AMR Ben Arfa/Assulin

AML Menez/Saivet

FC Pato/Guilherme

ST Benzema/D.Le Tallec

Opinions/Advice is appreciated as always icon14.gif

Scott

Could you give me a s.s. of Guilherme and Saunier. He should be ready for first team starting line up. He was for me.

Shouldn't you got more for Pique!! Or is that 20 mil over 24 months or maybe that int. appearance thing.

Good luck on you 6th season.

-------------------

I'm going mad again on my game. icon_biggrin.gif Actually this is not funny anymore. All the freebees i signed my fans love them all. And i wanted to sell them. icon_frown.gif

Already sold a few but must yes i said "must" sell about 4-5 more at least. Otherwise i go crazy again.

Pique 7.5m upfront and 20m ovr 24 months. He wanted to go and Nordtveit's stats are much better than Pique's now icon_smile.gif

Guilherme - Click

Saunier - Click

He hasn't developed particularly well in my game, coaches say he can still improve but iv not given him much attention to be honest.

France reached the final of the Euro 2012. Dervite, Sakho, Benzema, Nasri, Ben Arfa, Saivet, Toulalan, Lloris and Traore all featured. Still no call for Abenzoar though.

Got hardly anywhere tonight on the game due to work etc

but i won the champions trophy against toulose, trademark juninho free kick and a great move between fred and gignac lead to gignac getting his a debut goal against the team he just left. 2-0.

toulouse was my first league game and was a much more nervy game and has already given me an indication fo what needs to be changed this season. went 2-0 up, keita and gignac again, but then straight after half time, they got 2 very quickly, and both goals came from my MC's being lazy and not stopping the move. Makoun has just returned from injury hence why he didn't play, but i have a feeling that i may have to put one of my fav players in real life, juninho,on the bench on a regualr basis. however, samba popped up with a header and bodmer scored a screamer stright after coming off the bench to seal the win. 4-2

with that being said, has anyone got any advice as to who my MC partership should be.

Juninho/V.D.Vaart

Junihio/Bodmer

Juninho/Makoun

Bodmer/V.D.Vaart

Bodmer/Makoun

V.D.Vaart/Makoun

also this game can be very annoying at times. I've got Sevilla, Roma and Palmero all bidding 11M for Belhadj so i need to find a new left back as a back up/rotation and a long term replacement for grosso. So I set my sights on Armand Traore and bid high straight off. 8M + 2M over 12 months +20% sell on fee + 1.5M after first international game. They came back asking for a combined deal in excess of of 14M, so i added a 3M after 30 league games and made the upfront bid 9M and 2M after ten goals, and they keep coming back with they want 14M even though im bidding over that.

is there another left back of a good quality who could come at a cheaper price?

Pernambucano, I think my partnership would be Bodmer and Van der Vaart from those.

Juninho isn't getting any younger and should be saved for the bigger games so he isn't too tired. And Makoun I simply don't like after his terrible performances for me!!

Just a little update as Ive just played the World Clup Championships, as for the time of my post, (nearing 2am), that is because I have now work tomorrow! Yay for me! icon_cool.gif

In the semi finals we played Real Salt Lake of America, and I took them a bit lightly and played a side that consisted of many of my fringe/back-up players, such as; Amaral, Loic Nestor, Obama, Drissa Diakite, Nicklas Barkroth, Kevin Bru, Jimmy Briand, and on the bench youngster Philippe Fernandes.

We coasted to victory, dominating the game, but only winning 2-0. The goals came in the first half from Nicklas Barkroth and Mario Balotelli and set up a final meeting with Gremio.

In the final the team was more like a first team, but with Hatem Ben Arfa and Fred both injured, and Karim Benzema only just coming back from injury and on the bench, my first choice wingers and central striker would of course not be of my usual choice. I therefore changed to a diamond system with Kim Kallstrom behind the partnership of Jimmy Briand and Mario Balotelli.

We coasted to an easy victory, thrashing them 5-0, and all my players bar one gained a rating of 8 or above!! Just another trophy to my rather large cabinet!!!

World Club Championship Final

On anoher note, I have secured the services of 2 players for next season. The previously mentioned Obama will join on a permanent deal. Despite having an agreed fee of £4.3million for him with Murcia, I decided to be a bit cheeky and offer just £1.6million for him, and they accepted!

The other player is Rafael Forster, who my scouts told me would be "a good signing." Been able to play both CB and LB, he'll add depth and competition to my defence. And at only 21 has plenty of years to develope!

Now how on earth was I able to turn this into such a lengthy post?! Weird! icon_confused.gif

Woo-hoo! So I've finally managed to complete my first season with Lyon! Its been a while coming but I've finally got there! Bear with me, this will be big!! icon_smile.gif

- Ligue 1 Orange

* Cantered to the title with 95 points. Won 29, Drew 8 and Lost 1 (after I'd won the title. Wanted to give the youngsters some games. Funnily enough, it was Coupet who blundered to gift the opposition the win!)

* The next closest was Toulouse with 76 points. Monaco, Auxerre and got relegated.

* Scored 94 goals in the League and conceded 26.

* Players Player of the Season Award was collected by Toulalan. Benzema came second with Ben Arfa third.

* Most Promising Youngster Award went to Benzema with Ben Arfa second.

* Goalkeeper of the Season Award went to Landreau sadly. But Neuer came second.

* Manager of the Season Award went to ME!

* Star of the Season Award was won by Toulalan. Benzema was second and Juninho third.

* Top Goalscorer Award was collected by Savidan who scored 26 in 37 games. Benzema came third scoring 21 in only 29 games.

* Most Assists of the Season Award was won by Juninho with 14 assists.

* Stars Team of the Season included Clerc, Grosso, Squillaci, Keita, Juninho, Bodmer, Toulalan, Benzema and Fred.

- European Champions Cup

* Got Arsenal, Schalke and Kobenhaven in the Group Stages. Qualified on top winning 5 and losing 1. Beat Arsenal at home 3-1 and lost to them away 2-1.

* Drew Rangers in the First Knockout Round. Drew 3-3 away and beat them 4-1 at home.

* Drew Olympiakos in the Quarter Finals. Beat them 3-1 away and 2-1 at home.

* Drew Man Utd (bollo**s!) in the Semi Finals. Beat them 4-3 at home in what was the match of the season for me. Lost to them 3-2 away and hence, went out on away goals icon_frown.gif! Nani scored a 87th minute winner. I had 59% of the possession as well!

* But Arsenal beat Man Utd 3-2 in the finals so I felt a little better!! icon_biggrin.gif

* European Champions Cup Dream Team included Samba, Ben Arfa and Benzema.

- French Cup

* Beat Marsielle in the finals 4-0 with 2 goals from Cavani, 1 from Benzema and a penalty from Juninho.

- Coupe de la Ligue

* Beat Chamois Niortias (??!!) in the finals 2-0. Edison Cavani getting both.

- Champions Trophy

* Beat Sochaux 2-0. Bodmer getting both.

Some players stats from the season:

Benzema: P-44, G-30, A-15, MoM-6, AR-7.50

Ben Arfa: P-28(7), G-9, A-10, MoM-5, AR-7.49

Toulalan: P-39, G-11, A-15, MoM-2, AR-7.46

Samba: P-33(1), G-9, A-0, MoM-5, AR-7.41

Other notable performers:

- Cavani (18 goals, 9 assists in 30(4) games)

- Fred (22 goals, 8 assists in 38(1) games)

- Juninho (12 goals, 17 assists in 38(9) games)

- Kallstrom (9 goals, 11 assists in 26(12) games)

All-in-all, a very good season. Shame that I got knocked out in the Champions Cup on away goals. Although, it would have been very hard to beat Arsenal in the finals. They've been spectacular all season. Won the quadruple they did!! DANG! They only bought Kuzmanovic and Mutu. But yeah, unstoppable!

So, what have I learnt in my first season with Lyon?

1. It is easy to win the league (atleast in the first season) but it is VERY hard to keep a clean sheet! The other team always seems to score 1 against you even if you're leading 4-0! That might be down to my defence but that's another story.

2. Although the team itself is very good, improvements definitely need to be made to have a chance of competing with the top teams in Europe. I got lucky that I avoided the major ones till the Semis. I think because the league standard is not as high in France as in England (no offence to anybody mind! and also, I mean in game mostly), it sometimes becomes hard for the players to adjust to that extra step up when they face more quality. Not a huge gap though. I've been told that the gap narrows every year you play so I'm sure the standard will improve a lot.

3. Fred is very much dispensable on the latest patch. Although still very good, he's nowhere near as good as on the previous patches. Shame that, as he was one of my favs on the earlier versions.

4. Kallstrom, while not as good as some of the others in his position, is very consistent and usually gets you important goals. Was going to sell him but am very hesitant now.

5. Juninho will be a large void to fill. Even with his low pace, he's still a bloody magician. Will probably become a bench player next season though. Coming on towards the end only.

6. Ben Arfa is FB. Enough said! Benzema is great too but I'd take Ben Arfa over him any day.

7. It is harder to retain possession of the ball in France because a lot of teams play with 2 DM's against you. They make a lot of back passes which make it very hard to gain possession.

8. Despite point no.7, I've noticed that its usually in games where you have less possession that you score more. Whenever I've score 4 or more, I've mostly had possession around 40%. Conincidence? Might be.

9. I have now forgotten my other observations which is a direct result of a lack of sleep!!

So now its on to season 2 I reckon. I've got 10M still left from Jan's sales. I'll spend that now to buy someone. Any suggestions on who I should be targeting for next season? Here's my squad again:

GK - Neuer, Coupet (will be sold)

LB - Mathieu, Grosso (will be sold)

RB - Clerc, Reveillere (will be sold)

CB - Samba, Cris (will be sold)

CB - Bellaid (not quite ready), Squillaci (might be sold)

CM - Zapater, Bodmer (if needed here)

CM - Toulalan, Kallstrom (undecided)

LM - Ben Arfa, Juninho (will be sold or backup), Razack Traore (not ready yet)

RM - Keita (will be sold), Kalouda

ST - Benzema, (need someone here)

ST - Fred, Cavani

The ones that are being sold is either because they are too old (Cris, Juninho, Coupet, Grosso), not good enough (Reveillere) or too chicken (Keita). Squillaci will only go IF I get a good offer for him. I dont like his jumping stat. Thats the only reason I'm thinking about it.

So, I'll need players to replace the outgoing ones. I've got a few ideas but it all depends on how much I get to spend next season. Will let know my budget as soon as I get there (I'm slow!). But positions I definitely need players in are GK, RB, CB, RM and ST.

Any comments and suggestions are always welcome and helpful.

Sorry for the long post and thanx to those who read through it!! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:

So, what have I learnt in my first season with Lyon?

3. Fred is very much dispensable on the latest patch. Although still very good, he's nowhere near as good as on the previous patches. Shame that, as he was one of my favs on the earlier versions.

5. Juninho will be a large void to fill. Even with his low pace, he's still a bloody magician. Will probably become a bench player next season though. Coming on towards the end only.

A very good first season there. That team in the Coupe de la Ligue was Niort. Don't worry about the Champions League, the victory will come eventually. It took me until season 4 to win............though that was probably down to me!!

Now for these 2 points above, and I must insist that Fred is quality, and I would strongly advise against the word "dispensable" when referring to him around me icon_biggrin.gif. Im in my 5th season and he has top scored in all 4 of the previous seasons. In my current season, at the age of 28, he is top scorer in January with 18 goals.

And as for Juninho, I wouldn't sell, or relegate him to back-up just yet. For me he was fantastic in the second season, wracking up 26 assists and 18 goals. Simply brilliant regardless of his pace.

About Seb Squillaci, I wouldn't sell him for less than £15million. My board accepted £17million for him after my first season which I wasn't pleased with because he had been so good for me. Of course that was good money, but he is good performer and a decent candidate for the role of skipper.

tomtuck01

Lol. I know Fred is good mate. He was one of my favourite players pre-patch. I recommended him to anybody who asked for a striker. But he doesnt seem as prolific in the latest patch. Still, better than many/most.

About Juninho, I'm usually reluctant to keep players will low pace because they tend to run up and down and the flanks a lot for me. Also have to track back on defence. Juninho doesnt have the stamina to do that anymore. But we'll sell how he does in pre-season I guess.

I'm actually not willing to take anything less than 25M for Squillaci. If nobody gives me that, I wont sell him.

Shame about that Baros deal! Means I'll just have to struggle to sell yet another player I dont want.

Thanx for your help though mate. icon_smile.gif

theincrediblehulk

This is Juninho in the second season. Ok, from memory I was wrong before, but 14 goals and 24 assists is still bloody good for a man of his age!

Getting rid of Baros shouldn't be that hard to be honest. Usually a few English suitors come in for him.

And I posted this of Fred a few pages back, don't know if you saw it, but here it is again. It is his record for me in the first 4 seasons;

Season 1 - 27 goals in 36 games

Season 2 - 26 goals in 41 games

Season 3 - 24 goals in 41 games

Season 4 - 28 goals in 43 games

My most important player without a diubt, but that could just be because of my system why he gets the goals for me.

Hulk

Keep Squillaci. He's jumping might not be that good, but seriously he's a rock in defence. Try getting Mexes as Samba won't cut it in Europe. The both of them along with Neuer should give you more clean sheets. You get Ederson back in Season 2 who is immense at AM. Might not cut it at CM just yet though but not something a little retraining won't change icon_smile.gif Bring Abenzoar out of your youth to replace Revelliere and play him in cup games. For RM you can try Ribery (tbh I play him as an AM with barrow and he's excellent). Bayern always wants to sell him off for some reason. ST Briand of course. Finally get Costil to cover Neuer.

Pernambucano

What wages did you have to pay for Gignac? On my game it was ridicolous so i didn't went for him in the end.

Makoun/VDV and Bodmer as a sub every game to keep him happy and so he wants to stay with Lyon.

Do you already have Matthieu? Otherwise go Sakho, Vandamme (as a backup), Poccognoli maybe, Taiwo (brilliant).

Tomtuck

That Obama name still makes me laugh mate.

Fernandez should pich up some pace now!!

Forster looks good.

This is a normal post for you. icon_wink.gif

Hulk

Lots of awards mate.

Great leaguewin and cup wins.

Also great run in CL.

But who was the third team that got relegated?? I see everything.

Beautiful round-up of your thoughts about your first season. Agree with everything.

You've got a lot of work cut out seeing at your team. I'm sure you know who you want to buy mate but try to keep it french if possible.

I agree with Tomtuck on Squillaci though.

Baros could be sold for about 8-9 mil pounds. I sold him for 12 mil euros.

------------

On my game : My wage bill has just gone up with about 1.5 mil euro. icon_rolleyes.gif This is going to be fun.

Originally posted by purefun:

Scott

Guilherme looks good.

Saunier looks far better on mine but i would recall him from Guingamp and send him somewhere better imo.

I didnt have a big choice of teams that offered him first team football. The big clubs had offers of him being a back-up.

Hulk

Great first season. In my opinion, to win the CL in the first year you need a very lucky draw. I lost to Barca in the Q.Fs iirc.

Costil would be great as a back-up GK, good value for money.

For ST, Gignac gets the nod from me but he may cost you 10-12m. And a replacement for Keita.. possibly J.Menez. He's fantastic.

Originally posted by purefun:

On my game : My wage bill has just gone up with about 1.5 mil euro. icon_rolleyes.gif This is going to be fun.

Ouch! Mine's 785k so half of yours icon_biggrin.gif

Im guessing you have a LOT of depth to your squad. Any chance you can put ur squad up mate?

Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

Ouch! Mine's 785k so half of yours icon_biggrin.gif

Im guessing you have a LOT of depth to your squad. Any chance you can put ur squad up mate? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well my wage bill is 6.75 mil euro a month. I use 6.4 mil of that on current wages it will go down a lot because i'm selling some first team players with rather high wages.

I also loan out a lot of people with wages fully paid by the other team.

I'll post a s.s. of my teams later this week mate.

My wage bill is £763k a week, highest paid player is ben arfa on £59k a week.

Also quick champions league update....i some how lost 4-2 to Schalke in the away leg. Despite having 60% possession, and 4 times as many shots on target, and since Schalke only had 5 shots yet scored 4 imagine how annoyed I am!

tomtuck01

I know Juninho is quality mate and he'll probably be better than most in season 2 as well. Its just that I dont like to have players over 29 in my squad, let alone 33!! But we'll see about him. As for Fred, I know he's very good but he just keep infuriating me when I played him in season 1. But maybe thats just because I was expecting too much from him. He was so bloody good pre-patch. Highly doubt I'll be selling him though. Unless someone offers like 40M+ or something.

zychan1

Yeah, Squillaci was very good for me most of the time. But because of his low jumping, he usually only gets 7's for me (which is by no means bad!). Like I said, if I get a good offer for him, he'll go. Else he'll stay. I'd LOVE to get Mexes. I am such a huge fan of his even IRL let alone in the game. But I doubt Roma will let him leave for anything less than 30M+. Ederson, I'm not sure about. He's looking average and I'm probably gonna sell him off and get Jiminez. As for Abenzoar, I posted his physical stats a while back. They are really terrible. He needs more time to develop. Not close to being good enough to play even in the smaller games. He'll probably go on loan. I'd love to get Ribery. He's firmly in my sights but it all depends on what Bayern want for him. Briand is always quality. But I'm tempted to get Guilherme instead tbh. But that'll be another foreigner so I'm not sure. As for Costil, he's not good enough to cover just yet. I'll get one of the freebies for cover I reckon. Else, Lloris!!

purefun

Lol. Sorry, the 3rd team that got relegated was Strasbourg! Deperate to get rid of Baros! His stats look shockingly poor!!

scott08

Thanx mate. Hopefully, I'll go one better next year in the CL. Costil, like I said above, doesnt look good enough yet. Gignac is one I'm definitely considering. Menez is almost certainly on his way unless he goes elsewhere. I've always liked him.

I'll post an update soon as I'm done with my transfer activity! Thanx for the comments everyone. icon_smile.gif

Archived