FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Cheers!

i will look to strengthen those areas then,

Just asked board for some more money and they said no...

9 million is what I have and expected to win title,

Bring it on!!!

That could well be to do with what you set your managers profile as, what past experience did you give yourself? Ex International footballer? Semi pro etc?

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers!

Bring it on!!!

In that case buy Costil, Samba, Matthieu and try to sign Grax seems to be great on 8.02.

Originally posted by HoPeY:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Cheers!

Bring it on!!!

That could well be to do with what you set your managers profile as, what past experience did you give yourself? Ex International footballer? Semi pro etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Automatic...

Hopey

The highline seems to work well for me. I've not noticed any goals come from a result of my defence pushing right up. Any long bals Barzagli and Squillaci just head back. I have very quick full backs that wingers can't outpace.

In the tactic it seems like a progressive push up, so it all moves as a unit. Keeps the opponent pinned in their own half and makes my players work less as they don't have as far to go to close people down.

I've got a pretty good defensive record, in 111 games i've conceded 91 times, whilst scoring 289.

As for my summer transfers, blackburn are being sods with samba, wanting 18 million up front and a further 5.25 after 30 league appearances. He's only valued at 6.5m!!!!

So think i'll just go for Sakho since i only have 15m to spend.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Cheers!

Bring it on!!!

In that case buy Costil, Samba, Matthieu and try to sign Grax seems to be great on 8.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I presume you mean Sebastien Grax?? not the other 15 year old?? and i'm getting lots of Matthieu 's, lol sorry but which one is it your suggesting

Oh well Liam whats done is done, look to sell those that purefun recommended. You can also sell Govou if you like for £6/7Million to bring in some extra funds, your choice tho.

Another hint, hold on to Toulalan he is world class, alot of clubs will want him espec in Jan transfer window! But his value to 100Million! That way you make it less likely your chairman will auto accept a bid of around £20/30Million. I would say the must keeps of your team are:

- Toulalan

- Bodmer

- Squilchi(sp)

- Benzema

- Ben Arfa

These five are amazing! Try to keep hold on them Benzema and Ben Afra are such talented players. Bodmer is versaitle and class as a DM/CM or AM. Toulalan is simply amazing tbh! And Squichhi(sp) is a rock at the back.

Good luck, and keep us updated icon14.gif

Concur with HoPeY on the post above. Past experience counts towards the transfer kitty, and if you're automatic, the board won't give you anymore so you need to raise yourself some cash. If not, use structured deals so that you pay less up front.

Originally posted by Rydo L:

Just though i'd ask, How good does Abenzoar become?

I've just signed him for my Rangers team and i thought you guys would probably know better about him.

Varies, he has immense potential, he should be a excellent player for your Rangers squad in time. Provided he has quiality training and gets regular games at the different stages of his career (i.e. youth, then reserve game then maybe loan out etc)

You shouldn't be dissapointed icon14.gif

Originally posted by Rydo L:

Just though i'd ask, How good does Abenzoar become?

I've just signed him for my Rangers team and i thought you guys would probably know better about him.

He turned out great on mine mate.

I posted a s.s. of him in The Unmentionables thread (on first page) by Barnetboyz. Do a search and you'll find him in there.

Right then,

Lots of help form people here, really appreciate it, still yet to advance a day lol , trying to find tactics etc etc,

I've put bids in for Samba, Grax, Jérémy Mathieu adn Costil so far,

I'll look to sell Govou then if he's not much use, any ideas how much i should try and get for him, his values £5m i think,

If i get rid of Coupet(who's injured at the moment) and Sign Costil the other keeper, who would you pick as your number 1 keeper then,

I'm quite excited about this game lol, makes a change from the EPL

Liam

Thats tough tbh. I would play Vercoutre the first half of the season and give Costil some 7star training and the second half i would start playing him.

Govou : 5 mil upfront, 20 % sell-on, 5 mil after 1 int. fixture.

Liam_everton89

I presume you're talking about Lloris? He's much better than Costil in the first season. Costil just isn't ready for 1st team football yet especially if you're talking about Europe. I would suggest you keep Coupet as he's class when he comes back. Keep an eye on Cris too, who's in your reserves. Both are key players after they recover from injury.

Well, Pre-season's going well won all games so far, players are knackered though, much more than with any other team i've managed,

Transfers in -

Samba- Structured deal £1.1m

Mathieu(sp) - Negotiating structured £2.4m is looking likely

Grax - Structurde deal again £1.8m

Out-

Govou - Newcastle £5m initial, sell on, £4m after 10 appearanes.

Got bloody barcelona sniffing around after Benzema i'll fend them off though,

Also i'm using a 4-2-3-1 tactic at the moment (kimz no tweaking v2 or something)

worked wonders everywhere else, unless anyone knows a way that works best with Lyon

Well Liam, you have about 6/7 perhaps more people who are active in here each who use there own system or style so asking that question you could get more than you bargained for. The trusty 4-4-2 works fine, provided its set up effectivly, 4-3-2-1 seems to work well aswell, so I have no reason to see why your 4-2-3-1 shouldn't work either. Who you play upfront well that might be tricky, me personally I don't think Benzema plays too well on his own but others have had success with him being a lone man upfront..

So its different peolpe different strokes..

Nice bits of business you got going there liam. Mathieu cost me 10m in the second season, he did finish in the left back position for team of the year in first season though.

Samba is looking to cost me well over ten times what you are paying. So well done! think it's something for me to keep in mind for the future.

Never dealt with Grax before but heard good things, also try and get saivet as early as you can. He'll be expensive later!

Originally posted by Agent Tiro:

Nice bits of business you got going there liam. Mathieu cost me 10m in the second season, he did finish in the left back position for team of the year in first season though.

Samba is looking to cost me well over ten times what you are paying. So well done! think it's something for me to keep in mind for the future.

Never dealt with Grax before but heard good things, also try and get saivet as early as you can. He'll be expensive later!

Cheers, i'll be honest, before someone mentioned him i'd never heard of him either but he's looking like a good signing banging them in, all be it against pre season opposition but definitely scores some scoarchers(sp) from distance, when i'm a few games into the season i'll post a ss of team and tactic etc so you Lyon veterans can rate/suggest improvements etc etc

As purefun said, it's all about getting Lyon to play like you want.

My preference is a passing game and to force the opposition into their own try and play. Because of how crowded the midfield gets i need creative talented players who are able to do something from nothing. Because i play such a high defensive line i need pacey defenders.

So really how you decide to set your team up will decide who you bring in.

Originally posted by the pernambucano of football remainders:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

give Costil some 7star training.

could you explain the star level training thing to me as i've seen it here and in other threads but don't have a clue what it is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its a rating system of how good the training coaches are at the differnet aspects of traing theyre given, in the tactics and training part i posted a screen shot of 7 star coaches in there, or you can do staff searces by attributes, i.e GK training serch for someone with GK training attribute of 18+ i think or 17 and assign them to train GK's then that will become 7*s, i hope this makes sense

Personally, I tweaked Kimz v1 to incorporate wingers because Lyon has good wingers. If you're using v2 I don't think it brings out the full potential of Lyon because we don't have good DMs except for Bodmer, who's not even a natural DM. If you wanna try it out, I use a 4-2-3-1. I have 2 CMs with barrows and AML, AMC, AMR all with farrows into the box. Set your AMC as playmaker and striker as target man and you're all set. Truth be told I can't seem to get the best out of Bodmer and Toulalan, whom I play at the two MC spots so still tweaking icon_biggrin.gif

Now really annoyed at FM! Sakho is taking the mick! PSG want 27.5.m up front!, 2.6m after 10 league appearances and 1.1m after one international game. As well as 40% sell on clause!

Blackburn are Wanting stupid money for Samba as well.

Looks like i need to keep searching for a back up DC!

Originally posted by Agent Tiro:

Now really annoyed at FM! Sakho is taking the mick! PSG want 27.5.m up front!, 2.6m after 10 league appearances and 1.1m after one international game. As well as 40% sell on clause!

Hehehe, what season are you in??

thats the good thing about starting a new game, Samba cost me next to nothing and I could get Sakho on a free if I wanted...

Have any of you tried playing Fred in an AM position? whetehr it be AML, AMC or AMR with farrow towards the box?

Thinking about trying it, maybe retraining him to play there,

This thread is growing way to fast, iv only been at work for the day and im losing track already.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Well Guys.. Left? Right?

I say play him up top on his own and here's my proof icon_cool.gif ..

Proof

He's been incredible. Won World player of the year now twice in a row. Striker of the year this year and french player of the year. He's quickly working his way to the top of my favourite player list.

I hope this doesn't come across as me showing off or anything. Im just trying to show people to have confidence about playing him as a lone striker if required icon_smile.gif

Congrats, I don't know you are managing it tbh, because every thing I have tried with Benzema doesn't seem to work. He is still class for me but he only gets about 15-20 goals max a season in all comps, he usually scores important goals or in big games but he is more of an assist merchant for me then a goal machine. Sobis out scores Benzema every time. He is no where near a goal machine as he appears to be for you Scot, what makes it worse is Benzema on my game looks better than you one! icon_frown.gif and I'm like a season maybe a season an a half behind you lol, are you on 8.02? I forgot whos on what patch tbh icon_biggrin.gif

Can I ask what settings you have Benzema as?

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopey mate, Here's Benzema's instructions as requested icon_smile.gif

Click

He benefits from my AMC being behind him, he often gets ball to feet, takes a touch to pass the marker and bangs the ball in to the bottom corner.

My team dont play many crosses into the box, with my wingers cutting inside, which again i think suits him more.

You'll see i have him as 'Challenge GK' for Corners, this avoids the corner bug as he's not the most dominant player in the air. I think he scored 3 or 4 from corners last year which seems more realistic to me!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agent Tiro:

thats the good thing about starting a new game, Samba cost me next to nothing and I could get Sakho on a free if I wanted...

Have any of you tried playing Fred in an AM position? whetehr it be AML, AMC or AMR with farrow towards the box?

Thinking about trying it, maybe retraining him to play there, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the thread icon14.gif

Good signings, i'd reccomend you snapping up Sakho now - otherwise you'll live to regret it.. as Tiro has icon_smile.gif

I haven't tried Fred in an AM position. For me his stats are suited to a ST and i wouldn't really consider it. Out wide he lacks pace and for an AMC his creativity and passing are a bit low but it could be worth a shot if your short on numbers there

Originally posted by Scott08:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agent Tiro:

Thinking about trying it, maybe retraining him to play there, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the thread icon14.gif

Good signings, i'd reccomend you snapping up Sakho now - otherwise you'll live to regret it.. as Tiro has icon_smile.gif

I haven't tried Fred in an AM position. For me his stats are suited to a ST and i wouldn't really consider it. Out wide he lacks pace and for an AMC his creativity and passing are a bit low but it could be worth a shot if your short on numbers there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm it's not that I'm short of numbers, more didn't want him ot getting many games, suppose he can rotate with Benzema/Grax, I've just sold Kallstrom(sp) for £14m so thought he could maybe be used where he played, but i'e just snapped up Matias fernandez for 8.5m

Right, not been able to post for a day as i was playing footy after work then had to go hospital as i dislocated my knee icon13.gif

Least it gives me 6 weeks off-paid! to play FM icon14.gif

Since my last post i took on mhat you guys said and signed a new CB call John Mensah from rennes.

After my somewhat dodgy start with muller in def and my struggle to find a good tactic i'm now 2nd in the league 1 point behind nice.

Finished 2nd in champ league by 1 point from inter and have the easy match of ARSENAL in the frist knockout stage! icon_biggrin.gif

Still in all domestic ups. my new tactic is based on the chelsea one from when they won the tittle IRL.

Have bodmer as DM playmaker breaking up then startig attacks. Kalstrom and toulan as MC with Menez and Ben Arfa as AMR and AML and Benzema up front, though he missed the first 2 months of the seaon has come back to score 13 in 15 games. Braind and fred coverd very well for him, but it's good to have the king back!

I'll update again at the end of the season

Originally posted by Scott08:

Click

He benefits from my AMC being behind him, he often gets ball to feet, takes a touch to pass the marker and bangs the ball in to the bottom corner.

My team dont play many crosses into the box, with my wingers cutting inside, which again i think suits him more.

You'll see i have him as 'Challenge GK' for Corners, this avoids the corner bug as he's not the most dominant player in the air. I think he scored 3 or 4 from corners last year which seems more realistic to me!

The funny thing is your settings apparent from things like his mentality is nearly exactly the same as mine.

I too have my wingers cutting inside and passing have done for quite some time as none of my strikers are dominate with there head.

I don't know then with my Benzema he isn't clincial enough for me as he appears to be for you, I have him set to feet because Sobis and Kallstorm are proflic at slicing balls through and all Benzema has to do is slot it home but he usualy hits it at the keeper or just misses. Now and then he will score but not quite on your level. Odd huh? Oh well doesn't matter Benzema is still a class act for me icon_smile.gif I can't complain when Sobis is scoring enough for him and Benzema so icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks anyway scott

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott08:

Click

The funny thing is your settings apparent from things like his mentality is nearly exactly the same as mine.

I too have my wingers cutting inside and passing have done for quite some time as none of my strikers are dominate with there head.

I don't know then with my Benzema he isn't clincial enough for me as he appears to be for you, I have him set to feet because Sobis and Kallstorm are proflic at slicing balls through and all Benzema has to do is slot it home but he usualy hits it at the keeper or just misses. Now and then he will score but not quite on your level. Odd huh? Oh well doesn't matter Benzema is still a class act for me icon_smile.gif I can't complain when Sobis is scoring enough for him and Benzema so icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks anyway scott </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No probs.

But yeh it's really odd. Its not a one off either, as last season he had similar performances/stats.

Good to hear Sobis is doing great, i've never had the chance to use him. May look to him in future icon_smile.gif

My persistence finally paid off! Even during my searches for defenders, Samba appeared in every single one of them. He just fitted the bill perfectly.

I then set about unsettling him at Blackburn, he soon got annoyed at Blackburn not accepting my many bids. Eventually i was able to get him for 10m

Lulinha and Saivet have been sent on loan to Valencia for the season. They'll get more appearances there than for me at the minute, and if i have an injury crisis i can always recall them

Hi all,

Wow Lyon really is a good game to have, i've got to say out of the teams I've managed theyre my favourite so far,

A decent squad to begin with, a few brilliant players, an ok transfer budget, good size stadium and no debt!!!

Right so I'm 9 games into the season and the players seem to have adjusted to my tactic now,

Ligue 1 orange - Pld 9 - W6 -D2 - L1 For16 Ag 7

That puts me top 2 points clear of Marseille

I won the champions trophy.. gave me a fright 3-0 up at half time then went to 3-2 won in the end 4-2

Champions leagu8e draw wasnt the kindest, Got arsenal, lazio and shaktar,

Played one game in that against Arsenal at home managed a 1-1 draw, lots of positives out the game like for 70 minutes they didn't get a sniff, then they changed to 4-2-4 and i was over run.

will keep posted as i advance

Jssy

Well it depends really, if you set yourself as an international manager with lots of experience you get - after asking for more - about 46 mil euro (i did). It seems that others get the same.

Agent Tiro

Sorry to hear about Toulalon but 41 mil is a good price. I'm guessing you are using pounds.

Liam

Offcourse Lyon is the most fun to play with. Lots of people say this. icon14.gif

Congrats on your first trophy. Hopefully there will be lots more to come.

Tough group but you should do fine.

Ah feels good to be back, at last got my new fm so back playing hope everyones ok?? Ok so updates

Season 2008/2009

League - Finished 1st 14 points clear GET IN!

Champions League - Quarter Finals (Not Great)

Coupe Da Ligue - Beat PSG 3-0

French Cup - 11th Round (Another bad one)

So not a too bad a season got a nice new contract so im happy

Help

Right couple of problems:

1) Is fred worht keeping when i can 25m?? opinions please

2)Can coupet cover 3rd season ok?

3) Grosso i snow 31 stats still great but whats everyones experienc with him cause im thinkin off letting him go before season starts??

I know its a few lads but just wanna hear what ya think cheers

Adman10

Welcome back mate! Try and keep the disc hidden from the mrs this time icon_wink.gif

1) Would keep Fred unless you are going to be able to sign a world class replacement with the money.

2) Coupet should still be a great keeper for the 3rd season, although would start looking for a younger replacement now rather than later.

3) Grosso was brilliant for me for 3 seasons. Then sold him while I could still get some money, as I had Traore ready to fill his boots.

Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

for 25m for fred i'd sell.

i've got Coupet covering third season so basically i'm screwed if Lloris gets injured. don't think it'll happen though. If it does i've got plenty of cash in the bank.

I sold grosso at end of first season to cash in while i could and brought in Mathieu, personally i'd get rid and bring in a younger player.

Ok cheers lads, well think freds off for 22.5 not 25 but still pretty happy but who can fill his boots is a big question anybody got any Ideas or recomendations? Is vagner love i can get him cheap?

Think ill get rid of grosso thanks lads and will be last season for coupet i think, Anybody know of any good potential LB's???

And will be def hiding this one from the Mrs LOL

Adman

Welcome back and see that your girlfriend stays away from it this time. icon_biggrin.gif

1. If you're playin original or 8.01 don't sell. Otherwise sell.

2. Coupet must already been sold.

3. Yes its time to bring somebody else in so sell.

Originally posted by purefun:

Adman

Welcome back and see that your girlfriend stays away from it this time. icon_biggrin.gif

1. If you're playin original or 8.01 don't sell. Otherwise sell.

2. Coupet must already been sold.

3. Yes its time to bring somebody else in so sell.

Agreed, purefun is on form tonight icon14.gif

Archived