People who work for Si

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Added myself and a couple of my friends to the game but haven't seen any of those newgens. Loaded new game 4 times but there is always only one russian regen Pavel Sirotkin.

There is how my file looks like (named it newgens.edt and put it into /data/db/1100/edt):

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Ivan" "" "Scherbina" "26/03/1979" "Russia" "Valencia" "0" "5" "3" "188" "80" "3" "" "26" "Taganrog"
"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Ilja" "" "Scherbina" "18/04/1986" "Russia" "Lokomotiv Moscow" "0" "5" "2" "187" "76" "2" "" "" "Taganrog"
"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Alexandr" "" "Popov" "18/06/1982" "Russia" "Barcelona" "0" "4" "3" "182" "76" "1" "" "" "Taganrog"
"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Oleg" "" "Chesnokov" "12/02/1983" "Russia" "Kuban" "1" "6" "5" "174" "72" "4" "" "" "Kransodar"
"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Nikolay" "" "Scherbina" "14/04/1956" "Russia" "R. Madrid" "0" "4" "6" "184" "78" "3" "" "" "Taganrog"

Last one if my father actually but added him too since year of birth doesn't really matter.

What am I doing wrong?

Added myself and a couple of my friends to the game but haven't seen any of those newgens. Loaded new game 4 times but there is always only one russian regen Pavel Sirotkin.

There is how my file looks like (named it newgens.edt and put it into /data/db/1100/edt):

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Ivan" "" "Scherbina" "26/03/1979" "Russia" "Valencia" "0" "5" "3" "188" "80" "3" "" "26" "Taganrog"
"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Ilja" "" "Scherbina" "18/04/1986" "Russia" "Lokomotiv Moscow" "0" "5" "2" "187" "76" "2" "" "" "Taganrog"
"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Alexandr" "" "Popov" "18/06/1982" "Russia" "Barcelona" "0" "4" "3" "182" "76" "1" "" "" "Taganrog"
"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Oleg" "" "Chesnokov" "12/02/1983" "Russia" "Kuban" "1" "6" "5" "174" "72" "4" "" "" "Kransodar"
"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Nikolay" "" "Scherbina" "14/04/1956" "Russia" "R. Madrid" "0" "4" "6" "184" "78" "3" "" "" "Taganrog"

Last one if my father actually but added him too since year of birth doesn't really matter.

What am I doing wrong?

Yeah it be nice to see how a file should actually look as im not 100% sure if mines right either i know my name and d.o.b is all ok but its the rest

• SI Staff

The future regens are loaded up into the game from the config file but they are not necessarily used with the very first newgens that are created in the game. So you might have to wait for the first full intake of newgens after the first season before seeing more of the "future_regen" players.

The future regens are loaded up into the game from the config file but they are not necessarily used with the very first newgens that are created in the game. So you might have to wait for the first full intake of newgens after the first season before seeing more of the "future_regen" players.

How should it look though Riz like seo example above or like mine were seo as put just numbers for like height and weight etc well ive actually put like "weight 82kg"

• SI Staff

To test it just create multiple entries of the same thing then there should be a few of them at the start of the game at least. I did that with a rather rude name repeated thousands of times and ran the game for a number of years and the Scotland squad was half full of those players.

• SI Staff

This is what the entry for me is in the config file we used for the game which seems to work apart from the footed part which you should probably replace with the numbers Riz listed before

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Craig" "" "Hunter" "09-04-1989" "Scotland" "Rangers" "1" "5" "25" "191" "95" "Both" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "7" "5202271"

This is what the entry for me is in the config file we used for the game which seems to work apart from the footed part which you should probably replace with the numbers Riz listed before

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Craig" "" "Hunter" "09-04-1989" "Scotland" "Rangers" "1" "5" "25" "191" "95" "Both" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "7" "5202271"

Is that your unique ID Ter on end ? im taking i dont need to add 1

This is how mine looks now

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Neil" "Joel" "Huntington" "07.11.1979" "England" "Leeds" "9" "2" "7" "177" "82" "0" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "10" "Goole"

• SI Staff
Right ive got this working but for some reason im a scout not a player is that because i put my real date of birth ?

Yeah, maybe change your year of birth. I wasn't really born in 1989 (I wish)

• SI Staff
FM10 doesn't seem to have a "FUTURE_REGEN" config file. Are the future regens hard-coded in this game?

There isn't a future regen file I don't think. We have one we use but I think it's magically added to one of the database files.

FM10 doesn't seem to have a "FUTURE_REGEN" config file. Are the future regens hard-coded in this game?

I think they probably are. Either that or they are stored in a different place.

You can create a "FUTURE_REGEN" config file yourself, of course. :thup:

Edit - Didn't see Ter's response above. What he said. :)

Got this working fine now besides :) my hair which is shaved but ive got hair in the game despite using the currect field for no hair and for some reason my birth place wont show up propley again ive used the correct unique ID

• SI Staff
Yes, this seems to happen more with FM11 for some reason.

Ahh.. if you put in the correct birth year and it makes you old enough at the start of the game, then the data is likely to be used for a newgen non-player rather than a player.

So if you want to make sure your future regen appears as a player, put his birth year late enough for him to be around 16 years old at the start of the game.

Is that your unique ID Ter on end ? im taking i dont need to add 1

This is how mine looks now

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Neil" "Joel" "Huntington" "07.11.1979" "England" "Leeds" "9" "2" "7" "177" "82" "0" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "10" "Goole"

What do the numbers represent? I have only done this before with the basic name, age and favourite club. Are the numbers things such as potential ability etc?

Got this working fine now besides :) my hair which is shaved but ive got hair in the game despite using the currect field for no hair and for some reason my birth place wont show up propley again ive used the correct unique ID

Wally...

How did you get this to work? I have had a go but no joy. Can you send me your config if possible to edit?

Thanks in advance.

Wally...

How did you get this to work? I have had a go but no joy. Can you send me your config if possible to edit?

Thanks in advance.

There you go mate

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Neil" "" "Huntington" "07.11.1993" "England" "Leeds" "0" "7" "1" "177" "82" "0" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "10" "8601486"

Remember your not forced to be in at start of game and put a diffrent date of birth if you want to be a player otherwise like i did 1st time i put my correct d.o.b and i was made a scout :)

There you go mate

"DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN" "Neil" "" "Huntington" "07.11.1993" "England" "Leeds" "0" "7" "1" "177" "82" "0" "ATTACKER_CENTRAL" "10" "8601486"

Remember your not forced to be in at start of game and put a diffrent date of birth if you want to be a player otherwise like i did 1st time i put my correct d.o.b and i was made a scout :)

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

I did this in notepad, then changed the file to an .exe - is this correct? The file is named FUTURE_REGEN as well...

Thanks mate. Much appreciated.

I did this in notepad, then changed the file to an .exe - is this correct? The file is named FUTURE_REGEN as well...

No the file should be name DETAILED_FUTURE_REGEN.edt

Ahhh right, thanks for that mate.

Will add it and hopefully the regen will turn up!

Ive ran afew test and sometimes im in at start sometimes not i turned up at tranmere 1st time :) as a 16 year old striker

Ive ran afew test and sometimes im in at start sometimes not i turned up at tranmere 1st time :) as a 16 year old striker

Great stuff mate.. Think it's a good addition to be honest...

Shame you cant set at what club the regen starts off at though... Would really like to train one up from scratch! lol

Great stuff mate.. Think it's a good addition to be honest...

Shame you cant set at what club the regen starts off at though... Would really like to train one up from scratch! lol

Well considering if you turn up at start you could try sign yourself :)

Like i say make sure you edit your D,O,B as if your too old like i am really you'll be a scout or something

Well considering if you turn up at start you could try sign yourself :)

Like i say make sure you edit your D,O,B as if your too old like i am really you'll be a scout or something

Ha-ha I'm not that old to be fair, but just not young enough to be a Regen! ;)

Will try it out later and run a few tests!

Thanks for your help mate! :D

Archived