Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in same team. Have anyone here managed to do it ?

I had them both in my barca side, they averaged a goal a game between them. If one didnt score the other bagged a few. David Villa got something like 37 goals but messi is far more creative in the game where as ronaldo just seems to scrore or somehow get alot of shots on goal. In the real world its messi who is better. Thats a fact. Comparison to Zidane? Yeah just do so when messi is maybe 32 in his later years, because it will always be what you achieved and how good you were. Il never ever forget Zizou against valencia in the Champions league final at hampden, that goal - we all know. He done it all but messi hasnt. Lets see him after his prime, maybe move to another league and be tested then compare them. Its only fair. Oh and maybe drop the nut in the world cup final. I couldnt resist!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh here's the deal

I think Messi is the best player ever to grace a football field.

That's my opinion. All you people saying I'm full of **** is a joke.

I feel that Messi is one of the best. Heck that's my opinion. So all you other fanbois can go ef yourselves. I don't really give a barry white.

I mean like I'm not going around saying that anyone that says Zidane the best player ever is wrong.

At the present moment in time Messi is th best player in the world. I appreciate that. i enjoy his work. I like his footballing game. I feel he's better than Zidane. I feel he's better than other players. Just my opinion.

It's just the internets.

how dare you comparing that midget to those legends? he's just good in spanish football, he wouldn't last 2 weeks in the premier league. .

Thats why he single handedly ripped apart Arsenal, outclassed every player on the planet, had an average world cup but still played well, Ronaldo (A player who probably had the best ever premier league season) is made to look like titus bramble when ever the two play each other, a player who has scored in every game but one (Against madrid where he layed on 3 goals) but then scored 4 in his next two, The best player in the prem is apparently Wayne Rooney and compared to messi rooney is a championship player at best. Messi is the best player in the world, he would annihilate the premier league. Spain is far harder to play extremely well in, look at Owen, Beckham, great players but failed to make an impact in spain.

Thats why he single handedly ripped apart Arsenal, outclassed every player on the planet, had an average world cup but still played well, Ronaldo (A player who probably had the best ever premier league season) is made to look like titus bramble when ever the two play each other, a player who has scored in every game but one (Against madrid where he layed on 3 goals) but then scored 4 in his next two, The best player in the prem is apparently Wayne Rooney and compared to messi rooney is a championship player at best. Messi is the best player in the world, he would annihilate the premier league. Spain is far harder to play extremely well in, look at Owen, Beckham, great players but failed to make an impact in spain.

This argument could go on for forever and is all but opinion but in response to that I raise you a Forlan and a Morientes ;)

This argument could go on for forever and is all but opinion but in response to that I raise you a Forlan and a Morientes ;)

Yes but were morientes and forlan in their prime when they were in the prem? No, Owen and beckham had established themselves as the best striker and right midfielder in the world at that point, In his prime i'd pick owen over any striker and beckham, well hes beckham hell he even done well at AC.

Messi is a great Attacking Midfielder or Second Forward, he can play with both feet and has an incredible amount of movement with or without the ball. He is by far a great player who plays as part of a team, in this case its Barcelona or Argentina. Messi will sacrifice himself for the team but will always be available to score if required.

Ronaldo is a selfish player, a winger who tends to float out of position and play up front though he hates being labelled a forward as he is unable to grab the ball and run with it which is what he always wants to do. He has great movement with the ball but suffers without it, usually getting booked for frustration. He will not sacrifice himself for the team but rather expects the team to sacrifice themselves for him.

They are both very different players and it depends on how you view the beautiful game of football. Either you see it as a team sport and expect every player to play his part, either tactically or technically. Or you will simply expect results and just want the fast guy, the striker or the playmaker to always have the ball and score. There lies the difference with people and the comments on here.

Zidane had great skill on the ball, a total midfielder, he could defend, pass and attack. Being able to qualify a sub-standard Bordeaux team to a European final speaks volumes. Neither Messi or Ronaldo can claim this as they are both automatically at big clubs, hence football in the modern age.

Pele and Cruyff were a different era. The game was slower, different ball and rules. Both took advantage of the static game and simply moved out of position to open play. Something that no team did at the time.

"Fat" Ronaldo was and is a striker, nothing else. He is not a "player". His role was always to wait for the ball and run and score, nothing more. A little like a certain Gary Lineker but with more pace.

Yes but were morientes and forlan in their prime when they were in the prem? No, Owen and beckham had established themselves as the best striker and right midfielder in the world at that point, In his prime i'd pick owen over any striker and beckham, well hes beckham hell he even done well at AC.

My point stands that they both flopped it could also be argued that Owen was past his best when he joined Madrid. Owen has never been the best striker in the world at any point imo, at Madrid Owen scored 18 goals from 41 games, 15 of which were starts, not a bad record is it. Forlan was 25ish when he left Utd, he went from scoring 4 league goals in his last season at Utd to scoring 25 league goals at Villareal in his first season, surely he didn't just improve this quickly and this was more to do with the league fitting his style of play.

My point stands that they both flopped it could also be argued that Owen was past his best when he joined Madrid. Owen has never been the best striker in the world at any point imo, at Madrid Owen scored 18 goals from 41 games, 15 of which were starts, not a bad record is it. Forlan was 25ish when he left Utd, he went from scoring 4 league goals in his last season at Utd to scoring 25 league goals at Villareal in his first season, surely he didn't just improve this quickly and this was more to do with the league fitting his style of play.

I would disagree on the Forlan comment. At United Forlan had many chances to score but was unlucky in either hitting the post or just going wide. His confidence was hampered at for whatever reason this was not dealt with so he suffered. Had United kept him there is a good chance he would have gone on to score the goals he did at Villareal. The press were also on his case and that was also not dealt with, probably because he was from Uruguay and therefore carried very little media favouritism with him.

Rossi who also left United for Villareal is another example of the same reasoning. He did well at United but again wasnt favoured so he left and has done really well at Villareal, again had United confided in him he would probably have produced the goods for them and not Villareal.

Owen did well at Madrid, he was hampered by the manager favouring other players ahead of him and had there been someone else in charge then he may well have proven his worth. Unfortunately he moved to Newcastle where every player seems to suffer injury, something wrong at the medical centre there I think.

@jbutton Owen was never the best striker in the world and Beckham was never the best right-midfielder either... they were both products of a huge marketing con - in the case of Beckham one incredibly successful con, but a con all the same.

The guy could do two things, he could cross a ball and he could hit a dead-ball... he couldn't beat his man to create the space to put the cross in, but he could cross it if he had the space. Nor could he dribble, pass, tackle, head or do anything else that a 'normal' professional footballer is supposed to be able to do.

@jsolloso Lineker was what is commonly known as a 'bug-liner' (or in today's terms - a poacher). If you analysed all the goals he scored for his various clubs and for England, I'd like to bet that 80%+ were scored in or around the 6 yard box and very few (if any) were from more than 18 yards away from goal. Don't get me wrong, he was bloody good at it, but he wasn't anything like Ronaldo, far from it!

I would disagree on the Forlan comment. At United Forlan had many chances to score but was unlucky in either hitting the post or just going wide. His confidence was hampered at for whatever reason this was not dealt with so he suffered. Had United kept him there is a good chance he would have gone on to score the goals he did at Villareal. The press were also on his case and that was also not dealt with, probably because he was from Uruguay and therefore carried very little media favouritism with him.

Rossi who also left United for Villareal is another example of the same reasoning. He did well at United but again wasnt favoured so he left and has done really well at Villareal, again had United confided in him he would probably have produced the goods for them and not Villareal.

Owen did well at Madrid, he was hampered by the manager favouring other players ahead of him and had there been someone else in charge then he may well have proven his worth. Unfortunately he moved to Newcastle where every player seems to suffer injury, something wrong at the medical centre there I think.

While I respect your opinion, suggesting that he was purely unlucky and suffering from media pressure are not quite valid excuses for his lack of form/goals. The simple fact of the matter with Owen is that he had two superior strikers infront of him in the pecking order and his move was purely motivated by a desire to win silverware/higher wages and we all know what happened after that :p

@jsolloso Lineker was what is commonly known as a 'bug-liner' (or in today's terms - a poacher). If you analysed all the goals he scored for his various clubs and for England, I'd like to bet that 80%+ were scored in or around the 6 yard box and very few (if any) were from more than 18 yards away from goal. Don't get me wrong, he was bloody good at it, but he wasn't anything like Ronaldo, far from it!

Problem is most of Ronaldo's goals were within the 6 yard box. Even the ones where he would run with the ball, he was still the most advanced player on his team. As I originally said, like Lineker but with more pace. And yes, I agree, Lineker was probably the worlds best at what he did, few can copy his style.

@jbutton Owen was never the best striker in the world and Beckham was never the best right-midfielder either... they were both products of a huge marketing con - in the case of Beckham one incredibly successful con, but a con all the same.

The guy could do two things, he could cross a ball and he could hit a dead-ball... he couldn't beat his man to create the space to put the cross in, but he could cross it if he had the space. Nor could he dribble, pass, tackle, head or do anything else that a 'normal' professional footballer is supposed to be able to do.

Beckham a con? His crossing, passing, long balls, free kicks and pens were the best in the world, and the best of all was his workrate, one player who you could rely on to run all day, in his first game from real madrid he covered 13miles in 30 degree heat! Steve Mclaren came into england and kicked beckham out, england started to play poor then he recalled him and beckham was fantastic, if you want a real con, the biggest con of all time, look at wayne rooney...

While I respect your opinion, suggesting that he was purely unlucky and suffering from media pressure are not quite valid excuses for his lack of form/goals. The simple fact of the matter with Owen is that he had two superior strikers infront of him in the pecking order and his move was purely motivated by a desire to win silverware/higher wages and we all know what happened after that :p

Except at the time he was vying for an England place at International duty and needed to play hence his move to Newcastle. Had it been a non WC year he would probably have held out at Madrid and would likely have cemented a place in the team. After all, when Owen left in came some players who were never able to achieve his numbers even from the bench. Baptista, Robinho come to mind.

Beckham a con? His crossing, passing, long balls, free kicks and pens were the best in the world, and the best of all was his workrate, one player who you could rely on to run all day, in his first game from real madrid he covered 13miles in 30 degree heat! Steve Mclaren came into england and kicked beckham out, england started to play poor then he recalled him and beckham was fantastic, if you want a real con, the biggest con of all time, look at wayne rooney...

I would say McManaman did a lot of running at Madrid and in England they still dont rate him at the level the Madrid fans do.

I'll give you his crossing was the best in the world and that was it at the time, being good at penalties simply does not make you a top player and to even be used in an argument is ridiculous. Beckham didn't have many strings to his bow, the ones he did have were very good but unfortunately he just didn't have enough. He is imo the most overrated player I've seen in my lifetime, a world class player yes possibly but half the world thinks he's an all time great.

Wayne Rooney... yes, lets look at him shall we?

The USA game in the World Cup - everybody slated his performance, including the media... I must have watched a different game because what I saw was a World Class player making World Class runs and getting in World Class positions that, in a GOOD team, would have had him scoring boatloads.

The main problem with that game was that, by the time the player with the ball looked up/realised where Rooney was, he had been closed down or was being closed down. A good midfielder with half a clue would have been slotting balls through for Rooney all day long and Rooney wouldn't have been so bloody frustrated at the end he mouthed off into the TV camera. Rooney's movement in that game was immense, I was screaming at the TV for the player to "give it now" and "NO, NOT NOW YOU DUMB ****!!".

Honestly, if you watch the game from Rooney's perspective, you would see just how good he is and how poor the rest of the England team were. He has the same problem at United, there is nobody with the quality to supply him. It needs someone with a quick eye/brain and the touch/ability to make the ball and there is nobody at United that can do that - not even Scholes (who I think is incredible at what he does). Put Rooney in a team with a quality creator and he'd score 40 a season!

(btw - I'm Irish so I watched the England v USA game as an unbiased impartial observer!)

I'll give you his crossing was the best in the world and that was it at the time, being good at penalties simply does not make you a top player and to even be used in an argument is ridiculous. Beckham didn't have many strings to his bow, the ones he did have were very good but unfortunately he just didn't have enough. He is imo the most overrated player I've seen in my lifetime, a world class player yes possibly but half the world thinks he's an all time great.

You dont become the most famous footballer in history and the most famous person on the planet by being average, beckham is a legend

The USA game in the World Cup - everybody slated his performance, including the media... I must have watched a different game because what I saw was a World Class player making World Class runs and getting in World Class positions that, in a GOOD team, would have had him scoring boatloads.

The main problem with that game was that, by the time the player with the ball looked up/realised where Rooney was, he had been closed down or was being closed down. A good midfielder with half a clue would have been slotting balls through for Rooney all day long and Rooney wouldn't have been so bloody frustrated at the end he mouthed off into the TV camera. Rooney's movement in that game was immense, I was screaming at the TV for the player to "give it now" and "NO, NOT NOW YOU DUMB ****!!".

Honestly, if you watch the game from Rooney's perspective, you would see just how good he is and how poor the rest of the England team were. He has the same problem at United, there is nobody with the quality to supply him. It needs someone with a quick eye/brain and the touch/ability to make the ball and there is nobody at United that can do that - not even Scholes (who I think is incredible at what he does). Put Rooney in a team with a quality creator and he'd score 40 a season!

(btw - I'm Irish so I watched the England v USA game as an unbiased impartial observer!)

Really did you watch a different world cup to everyone else. The fact that Rooney couldn't even trap the ball or pass and he left his first touch in England. I don't care if he made good runs the fact that when he got the ball our moves broke down time and time again, he was one of the worst out of a bad bunch and had an awful world cup.

You dont become the most famous footballer in history and the most famous person on the planet by being average, beckham is a legend

Beckham was marketed well, rather like the manufactured bands we see on an all too regular basis releasing the same old crap revamped and making millions from a gullible market.

He was crap, accept it and move on... he had a World Class team of marketers which more than made up for his lack of ability!

I could make world class runs against USA...

I couldn't care less if he made some good runs, if my striker had made shocking runs all day but when he did get the ball he scored or done something useful rather than getting tackled or getting the ball stuck in his feet and tackles himself, i couldn't care less. Some much hype was on rooney, he was being hailed the best striker in the world, even the best player in the premiership! When Dider drogba had a better season he scored more goals and had more assists. Rooney is not good enough to score 40 a season not even if you had Xavi, iniesta and messi supplying him. Rooney is the most overrated player i have ever seen.

Seriously is that all you got? He is the most famous footballer in the world due to the sheer fact that he whored himself out to the media and is attractive and is more of a celebrity than a footballer. I never said he was average I even insinuated that he was world class in his prime, he may be a legend to Utd fans and 14 year old girls but the fact is that he was just simply another part of an underachieving England side that flattered to decieve. He isn't even the best English player of his generation that accolade would go to Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes.

Really did you watch a different world cup to everyone else. The fact that Rooney couldn't even trap the ball or pass and he left his first touch in England. I don't care if he made good runs the fact that when he got the ball our moves broke down time and time again, he was one of the worst out of a bad bunch and had an awful world cup.

I don't deny that the moves broke down when he got the ball... but that's because he got the ball TOO LATE! A quality midfielder would have supplied the balls when he was in SPACE, not when he had been closed down... he was obviously going to be put under pressure, he's the best player in the team - give him the ball when HE wants it, not when YOU want to give it, and he'll do his job!

Beckham was marketed well, rather like the manufactured bands we see on an all too regular basis releasing the same old crap revamped and making millions from a gullible market.

He was crap, accept it and move on... he had a World Class team of marketers which more than made up for his lack of ability!

He was well marketed yes, but he was an inspirational leader and a fantastic leader. You're just stupid, accept it and move on...

I don't deny that the moves broke down when he got the ball... but that's because he got the ball TOO LATE! A quality midfielder would have supplied the balls when he was in SPACE, not when he had been closed down... he was obviously going to be put under pressure, he's the best player in the team - give him the ball when HE wants it, not when YOU want to give it, and he'll do his job!

He is not the best player in the england team, he had one yes one world class season when he finally 'fullfilled his potential' and was then hailed as the best striker in the world, when I wouldn't put him in the top 3. If a 'world class player' cannot trap a ball when under pressure then that is a damning indicator that the England team lack even the basic of technical skills.

Seriously is that all you got? He is the most famous footballer in the world due to the sheer fact that he whored himself out to the media and is attractive and is more of a celebrity than a footballer. I never said he was average I even insinuated that he was world class in his prime, he may be a legend to Utd fans and 14 year old girls but the fact is that he was just simply another part of an underachieving England side that flattered to decieve. He isn't even the best English player of his generation that accolade would go to Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes.

England are ****, how can you say that hes just another underachiever because of england? they haven't won the world cup in 44 years, england are just **** face it.

He is not the best player in the england team, he had one yes one world class season when he finally 'fullfilled his potential' and was then hailed as the best striker in the world, when I wouldn't put him in the top 3. If a world class player cannot trap a ball when under pressure then that is a damning indicator that the England team lack even the basic of technical skills.

I re-iterate... I'm Irish, I don't want to argue or cause offence and I realise that the English believed that Rooney had a bad World Cup etc etc... My team were cheated out of the World Cup by the French basketball team...

I watched the same game as you, only I wasn't watching it with 'expectation' like the England fans, I was watching it as a football fan and what I couldn't understand was the way Rooney was slated for his performance. To me, as an outsider, it didn't (and still doesn't) make sense. His footballing brain is incredible... why he failed at the World Cup wasn't anything to do with his technical skills, it was the footballing brains of his team-mates that let him down.

I realise too that nobody who is English is going to accept anything other than Rooney let the team down (but he didn't...).

England are ****, how can you say that hes just another underachiever because of england? they haven't won the world cup in 44 years, england are just **** face it.

I was simply stating that he was a part of the underachieving England side, because you seem to think that he's an all time great and most likely have posters of him up on your walll ;)

I re-iterate... I'm Irish, I don't want to argue or cause offence and I realise that the English believed that Rooney had a bad World Cup etc etc... My team were cheated out of the World Cup by the French basketball team...

I watched the same game as you, only I wasn't watching it with 'expectation' like the England fans, I was watching it as a football fan and what I couldn't understand was the way Rooney was slated for his performance. To me, as an outsider, it didn't (and still doesn't) make sense. His footballing brain is incredible... why he failed at the World Cup wasn't anything to do with his technical skills, it was the footballing brains of his team-mates that let him down.

I realise too that nobody who is English is going to accept anything other than Rooney let the team down (but he didn't...).

Thats fine I respect your opinion just like I do with everyone. These stats make for some good reading.

The Castrol Index, the ranking system which rates every player at the World Cup in terms of their passing, shooting, distance covered, possession and more, currently places Rooney as 22nd in the list of forwards.

He had just 13 shots in four games, committed four fouls and was fouled five times. Incredibly, he lost the ball 32 times while in possession and managed a pass completion rate of just 60 per cent.

These stats show that there was possibly a lack or service but they also show that he couldn't control, keep or pass the ball to anywhere near an acceptable level. The season before the world cup he managed to perform to a much higher level in very much the same circumstances, the premier league is well known for players not having much time on the ball and I just don't buy into your theory, sorry.

How the **** can you Beckham isn't one of world's greatests? flawless freekicks, best long pass specialist in the world, a leader on a pitch, WTF are you talking about. If he would've played in South Africa England would've ran over the group because all they needed was Becks. I'm not his fanboy or anything but he's the face of football and rightly so.

And back on topic...

I did it once with City on FM10, I had a bid accepted for Messi when I was at Marseille but he turned me down (obviously). Got the City job and splashed about 90 million on Messi because I wasn't planning on staying at City long so I just spent as much as possible. Ronaldo got released from Madrid when he was 35 I think and I snapped him up, still ridiculously good at the time as well.

How the **** can you Beckham isn't one of world's greatests? flawless freekicks, best long pass specialist in the world, a leader on a pitch, WTF are you talking about. If he would've played in South Africa England would've ran over the group because all they needed was Becks. I'm not his fanboy or anything but he's the face of football and rightly so.

I'm sorry but been a good free kick taker and not even the best even in his prime imo and he wasn't the best long passer either does not make you one of 'footballs greatest'. Albeit he was very good at these skills you mentioned but they didn't cover up the many other deficiencies in his game, a very good player he was but he is nowhere near the all time greats. If Beckham would have been so influential in south africa at a time when he is clearly past his best then why did he not shine in previous tournaments when he was in his prime?

Because when you compare him to others, and even some of his contemporaries like Zidane, he was of fairly limited skill and not good enough to be recognised as a "great". Certainly not in the same breath as Maradona, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Platini, Socrates, Dean, Zico, Pele etc.

He's definitely in the second tier though.

He isn't even the best English player of his generation that accolade would go to Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes.

I'd agree with this too - especially about Paul Scholes, who is one of the greatest English footballers of all time. The only reason people would regard Beckham above him is because Scholes didn't whore himself out to the media. Beckham undoubtedly did, and good on him - bloke made a lot of money and still does.

I never rated Beckham either.

Don't forget that the England fans were burning effigies of him before the a qualifiying game with Greece. Bloody jammy git in the the last minutes of the game gets his 10th freekick of the game and scores it sending England through. But before that game no England fans wanted to see Beckham put on an England shirt again.

He actually only scored once in every 5.4 games for United.

He actually only scored once in every 6 games for England (out of 17 goals in 117 appearances for country and 3 of those were penalties)

I don't really mind that people say he was a good player. But he's not the best player in the world or even world class. Average at best. Paul Scholes and Steven Gerrard both have similar scoring records to Beckham (actually Gerrard scores a goal every 4.5 games or something). I think Gerrard is a better freekick taker than Beckham and I also think the Gerrard is 10 x better than Beckham ever was.

It's silly the way everyone goes on about Beckhams free kick taking - he was just as good as any one of his country team mates at them. He wasn't special at them. If he was he'd have scored WAAAY more goals than he has - and his simple goal ratio says it all.

And Beckham only had 70 assists in his entire career. How can that be for someone that has played over 644 games and aparently the best crosser of the ball and best free kick taker in the world only assist a goal in evey 9.2 games?????

I don't really understand how people can turn around say he was the best player. He was good, but not the best.

Stats don't lie.

Never. Zidane was a clown in comparison. Ronaldo, pffft - average in comparisson.

Messi has another 10 years - he will be the best player ever. And he will not be outclassed for a century. Fact.

Until I see Messi single Handley win the league with an average team or win the world cup on his own like Maradona then he will never be the best player ever in my eyes.

And for you to say that Cruyff was nothing is a joke he revolutionised football he was the complete total footballer you moron.

And don't even get me started on your views of Ronaldo, Zidane and any others you have slated on this post.

I expect you would also say George Best, Eusabio, Puskas and others were rubbish players to!!

You sir are obviously an idiot!

I never rated Beckham either.

Don't forget that the England fans were burning effigies of him before the a qualifiying game with Greece. Bloody jammy git in the the last minutes of the game gets his 10th freekick of the game and scores it sending England through. But before that game no England fans wanted to see Beckham put on an England shirt again.

He actually only scored once in every 5.4 games for United.

He actually only scored once in every 6 games for England (out of 17 goals in 117 appearances for country and 3 of those were penalties)

I don't really mind that people say he was a good player. But he's not the best player in the world or even world class. Average at best. Paul Scholes and Steven Gerrard both have similar scoring records to Beckham (actually Gerrard scores a goal every 4.5 games or something). I think Gerrard is a better freekick taker than Beckham and I also think the Gerrard is 10 x better than Beckham ever was.

It's silly the way everyone goes on about Beckhams free kick taking - he was just as good as any one of his country team mates at them. He wasn't special at them. If he was he'd have scored WAAAY more goals than he has - and his simple goal ratio says it all.

And Beckham only had 70 assists in his entire career. How can that be for someone that has played over 644 games and aparently the best crosser of the ball and best free kick taker in the world only assist a goal in evey 9.2 games?????

I don't really understand how people can turn around say he was the best player. He was good, but not the best.

Stats don't lie.

I agree with you partly. Beckham probably is overrated in England, probably based solely on that goal v Greece (similar to how Zidane is overrated for that goal v Leverkusen). I don't really know, as I'm not from England, but I think you're dismissing him too much. He was never really one of the World's Elite players. But he was still a damn fine player all the same, and if you were a Man Utd fan in the 90's, you'd be very grateful for having him. I think he's certainly one of the best English players of the last 15 years. Shearer and Scholes are two names which immediately come to mind for those better than him, but otherwise they are few and far between. Gascoigne too if you want to be loose on the time period, and I'd say Ferdinand is about equal with him too. But I think Beckham's certainly had a better career than Owen, Fowler, Terry, Campbell, ect.

You absolutely destroy your arguement too by saying Gerrard is 10x than him. $tevie MBE isn't even fit to lace him boots.

Oh, and your stats are completely wrong by the way. Soccernet didn't do assist counts for La Liga while Beckham was there, and for Man Utd, in his last season when he was dropped for Solksjaer (lol, Fergie), he had an assist every third game, which is a fine record.

Regarding Messi, I think he'll be regarded as one of the greatest ever players when he retires. The best since Maradona I suspect.

The basic problem CR7 has is his tendency to want people to like him. He so desperatly wants people to acknowledge him as the best footballer around. IMO he is the best attacking footballing in the world but with a very damaging inferiority complex. He is always seeking attention. Its his nature. If you are to rate the two of them, its very easy to be swayed by messi's mesmerising skills and humility and say that messi is the better attacking footballer. The fact is that its easier to like messi cos he goes about is business simply, not craving attention and personal glory and with great humility. But if you were to analyses both players, you would see that what ever messi can do, CR7 can do AND do more. Here's a guy who can dribble you off the pack with ease, can shoot from 30-40 yards, is dangerous aerially, his very strong physically, can score freekicks regularly, can use his two feet with accu

its not about what ronaldo can do that messi can its about can he do what essi does better than messi the answer is no which is why messi is better.

Archived