dafuge's FM11 challenge

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For anyone who is hasn't reloaded enough to memorize which teams already existed in the BSS/BSN, I noticed that the teams which are availible for use in this challenge will have default logos, where those that were already there (and can't be used) will have proper logos. This will of course only work if your not using a logo pack currently.

If your looking for a low rep team, I'd suggest copying/pasting the 3 lists dafuge posted, sort them alphabettically, delete all that have reps over what your looking for, and then just check default logos against this much smaller list. It will help cut down time in between reloads.

That will not work 100%. Some teams that get promoted have original logos. I usually go the BSS/BSN, click on the first team in the league, flip to history and past positions and then simply scan through all teams looking for those without any league history.

Absolutely love it! :cool:

How did you get hold of that shirt? Did you get someone at the club to send it out to you or was this from a visit?

After I tried emailing everyone at Chippenham without getting any response back and trying to get access to an unofficial Chippenham forum without any luck, I suddenly received an email stating they had just created a shop with replica t-shirts (I'm on a Chippenham FC mailing list), so I went online and bought one :)

The shop is here.

Note that I am living in Denmark :)

Tbh, after about 10 reloads you get a feel for the teams that keep coming up. This year it seems to be Northwich, Hednesford, Sutton, Bradford PA, Kingstonian, Salisbury. Any team who isn't one of those will pique my interest.

Yeah holidaying doesn't work great, goes a week over after a certain point for some reason.

Oh and for a note: The path Dafuge gives is the Default path.

W7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\data\updates\update-1110\db\1110\edt

Steam: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/football manager 202011/data/updates/update-1110/db/1110/edt/

The Italics part are optional, they depend on wherever you have installed FM11. If it is steam, it is wherever you have you Steam folder (Mine is on the E drive, a partition specifically created for Steam.. I have too many games) If not steam, then werever you told it to go when installing. The (x86) Only is there if you are runnign a 64-bit system.. As FM11 is sadly still 32-bit.

As for me.. I have to find a new club, with Merthyr gone :(

is there an easier way to find what team got promoted instead of clicking back to the list above/

You could print the list :p

Otherwise you can check their league position history, promoted teams have none in the 10/11 season

is there an easier way to find what team got promoted instead of clicking back to the list above/

I copied the list into notepad. Alphabecised it (is that a word?), and then deleted the teams I didn't want. Got a list of all the sub-1000 rep teams now. Then printed it.

Holidaying now. Don't know whether to got for my home club of AFC Hornchurch or the place where I lived last year Croydon. Croydon are so low rated if they came up I'd just have to do it yet I really wanna manage Hornchurch. Decisions...

Good stuff. Had a fun time with Hastings United last year, will probably take again them if they come up.

Would love to manage Cirencester, but the years of reloading are more than I can take. If anyone happens to get a year where they come up, please upload it!

Would love to manage Cirencester, but the years of reloading are more than I can take. If anyone happens to get a year where they come up, please upload it!

If you happen to get a game.. I'd love to have it, I want to manage them or Colwyn Bay :)

So far I've encountered these teams:

fc halifax

Lowestoft Town

Northwich Victoria

hednesford Town

Matlock Town

Bradford Park Avenue

Marine

bedford town

worksop town

Ashton United

Fc United

oxford city

Cambridge City

Salisbury City

Sutton united

Kingstonian

Tiverton Town

Wealdstone

Tonbridge Angels

hastings united

weymouth

Billericay Town

Salisbury (1800 ugh), Sutton United(1400), and Northwitch (1400) seem to pretty much be gutting everyones chances of coming up this year.

So far the lowest I've gotten is natwich (950).

Seen Oxford city, hendon, north ferriby, truro, ashton united, and matlock all at 1000. That 1k barrier seems particularly hard to break this year. GL to all the welsh guys trying to pick up those 700 teams, its going to take quite some patience and luck.

Salisbury (1800 ugh), Sutton United(1400), and Northwitch (1400) seem to pretty much be gutting everyones chances of coming up this year.

So far the lowest I've gotten is natwich (950).

Seen Oxford city, hendon, north ferriby, truro, ashton united, and matlock all at 1000. That 1k barrier seems particularly hard to break this year. GL to all the welsh guys trying to pick up those 700 teams, its going to take quite some patience and luck.

Lowest teams I've seen so far are Ashton United and Oxford City, both at 1000.

Archived