FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We just beat a premier league team in the Russian Cup!!

3-2 win in extra time, winning goal scored in 118th minute. I actually scared the crap out of little girl with my celebration :D

And now we've drawn the bottom club in the premier league in the last 16. fingers crossed :)

Chernomorets Pre-season schedule

Jan. 22 - vs Zenit - L 0-1

Jan. 26 - @ Belgrano (Argentina) - D 1-1

Jan. 30 - @ Revolutionary Conquerers (Belize)

Feb. 3 - vs Podderzhka (Russia)

Feb. 7 - vs Terek

Feb. 12 - vs Anzhi

Feb. 17 - @ Deportivo Tachira (Venezuela)

Feb. 23 - vs Korona (Russia)

The away games (and the Zenit one) are arranged purely because of financial reasons.

It's going to take a while before I start a league game. :p

Attempt II

Being sacked hurts, we were just in the relegation zone and had to play 2 teams below us, overachievement first season no doubt put me to the sword with L'USR probably wanting the same. Anyway, off to Germany for my second attempt, find out more below.

Logo-3.png

Hallescher FC - German 3. Liga

25 year old Mads Clemen get the chance to takeover Hallescher FC after they were promoted to the thrid tier of the Germany. Given a 2 year contract worth a massive 2.2k p/w. He's got a 100k transfer kitty and 30k a week to spend of player wages, this financial backing will definately help to achieve the seasons expectations of avoiding relegation.

Founded in just 1991, Hallescher are a professional club with a regional reputation. They play their home games at the Kurt-Wabbel-Stadion which has a capacity of 23860 with 3500 seats. They also possess adequate training and average youth facilities with the addition of a youth academy. They have no affiliations of note, only a lower league German side who we can loan a few players to.

Lets hope this attempt can last a little longer than the previous.

Well an encouraging start to the 2012/13 season. We've all played 12 games and though the my Canary Islands rivals Las Palmas are looking pretty certain to bounce straight back up to the Liga Adelante having won all 12 conceding only 3 goals, and the bottom two clubs have only mustered a draw each, the middle section of the division is pretty closely matched. I'm looking like a decent mid-table side at the moment, sitting in 8th having won 6, drawn 3, and lost 3 so far.

Without wishing to invoke the forum jinx, I am still in touch with the playoffs. I think it's too soon this season, but I'm encouraged to be settling into this league reasonably quickly.

Some of my signing settling in well too - wish is nice.

[edit] - just looked at my fixtures and I'm off to Las Palmas next game! We'll definitely see how far I've come in that one.

[edit 2] - I'm 3-0 down inside 10 minutes... Hopefully this won't totally destroy the team's morale.

[edit 3] - I suppose after that start I should be happy with a 3-1 final score. Not an embarrassment at all.

Good start PRDH!

I've just come across something rather annoying. For the second season running my reserve team is not entered into a reserve comp. For the first season I just assumed that it was because my predecessor had not entered us into one. However, this season I definitely did enter our reserves when asked at the beginning of the season. And yet the Reserve team fixture list is empty? Is this a bug? Either way, it's very annoying as it's challenging keeping fitness levels up for subs and back-up players...

Half season update (Third season) IM 6th 1 PLACE BEHNID A PLAY OFF SPOT! oh yeah No transfers nothing now just got to make it and get promoted to the first division of the turkish leauge to start getting some quality players!

edit lost half of my squad because of i didnt have neough money to renew there contracts so i took in 20 new players on free transfers and im suprised how good we have been playing so far.

but sadly my star striker got picked up by a premier division team!

DennisIran - Could we see some End of Season reviews? Most of us whack up a brief update of league, transfers, a few key player screenshots at this stage, expanding as we go. Just means we can get a bit more flavour from your game.

6th is impressive. Fingers crossed for the playoffs.

Anyone else getting a ridiculess amount of yellow cards. I know its a known issue with the Spanish league but it seems to be affecting the German leagues too. I had 9 yellows in the last game and 6 the game before. Tackling is set at its lowest setting too. Anyone else having this issue?

Hello,

I have decided to give this another go and have decided to try Turkey in the form of Gaziosmanpasa. Wasn't going to buy it this year but just couldn't resist, for the 19th year. Had good crack in Holland last year, my reports are always fairly scant but will keep up to date as much as possible.

JUST CRASHED MY GAME URGGHHH!!

Gonna start again in Russia

Has anyone gotten RB Leipzig? They are in Regionalliga Nord irl so they are eligible for the challenge.

Dr p, the Russian Cup is like that. The quarter-finals onwards they take place in the next season.

Nope, I was reloading and reloading trying to get them but to no avail.

2011-2012 Season Review-Stuttgarter Kickers- 3. Liga

League-15th

First season and I just wanted to stay up. This never looked in doubt. Although we were never in danger of challenging the top half.

League Positions Graph

Transfers

Had a large overhaul of players shouldn't be so many next season.

Finances

Look awful which makes it baffling why the board have decided to expand the stadium which we didn't even half fill this season.

Stars of the Season

Patrick Auracher

Took him a while to break into the team but when he did he was very solid at left back.

Mourad Maamar

Went about his business consistently. Played every game and rarely put a foot wrong.

Michele Rizzi

Also took a while to break into the team but had the ability to change matches single handedly.

Next season I would like at least a top half finish. I really need a quality striker to score 20ish goals a season

Has anyone gotten RB Leipzig? They are in Regionalliga Nord irl so they are eligible for the challenge.

Looks like in the game RB Leipzig are in German Div. North East - South and not in Regionalliga as they should. I have not checked, but I suspect the teams in Regionalliga have not been updated from the last season. On this basis it is impossible for RB Leipzig to be promoted to 3rd division.

In September 2006 the coach Stanislav Bernikov of the Russian third division rushed an goon squad after an defeat on 25 September 2006 on his players, the Rowdys targeted the team with ebonite bullet.[2] Three players suffered with injuries and cames in a hospital, the coach Bernikov was then summarily dismissed.[3]

Yes. Whatever that means, that settles it. I am playing as FC Metallurg Lipetsk of the 2011 Russian First Division.

Logo_of_FC_Metallurg_Lipetsk.gif

With a decent looking wage budget of around 20,000 pounds and a locker of nifty-looking red and black hoops, Maxim Maximov is the man tasked with taking Lipetsk to glory. Let's hope he doesn't get summarily dismissed.

Darfo Boario's Halfway through Serie C2/A

Well the squad has made it the the halfway point, we have managed 13th in the league so far with a 5-5-7 record so far, this would put us out of the relegation playoffs which would be the position we would like to complete the season in if possible. Having scored 18 goals and allowed 19 we are in an alright position there as well. We have 13 different goalscorers so far, 3 players with 3 goals, 5 with 2, and 5 with a single goal. So the team is spreading it around, and this is helping out, but we really need to score more often and regularly.

Looks like in the game RB Leipzig are in German Div. North East - South and not in Regionalliga as they should. I have not checked, but I suspect the teams in Regionalliga have not been updated from the last season. On this basis it is impossible for RB Leipzig to be promoted to 3rd division.

Well that's bloody annoying. How did the researchers miss that. :(

I tried making my own Regionalliga xml file and noticed something wasn't right when Alzenau was in the Regionalliga when I loaded it up, because I know for a fact that they were relegated the previous season.

Haven't seen any of those teams brettney, I kept seeing Chernomorets, Locomotiv Moscow-2, and Chita in the reloads.

Ruh Roh, the rules in Russia changed in real life. In order to not be considered foreign you have to be eligible for the Russian national team. In theory that means people could become foreign if someone else calls them up or they declare for a different nationality.

Ruh Roh, the rules in Russia changed in real life. In order to not be considered foreign you have to be eligible for the Russian national team. In theory that means people could become foreign if someone else calls them up or they declare for a different nationality.

No wonder one of my players is considered foreign even with Russian nationality... :(

Season review - Wuppertaler SV Borussia

SV_Wuppertaler.png

League- 2nd

I only had a board expectation to avoid relegation which I think I did fairly comprehensively. The league was hard work to get through at first but we kicked on after the mid season break and made that big push. We gained the promotion on the last day of the season when we were 4th playing 2nd. With the league gone anyone down to 5th could have gone up. However a 7-1 win with all the goals coming after we had a man sent off in the 6th minute saw us grab the coveted 2nd spot.

Transfers

Lots of players released and almost as many brought in as I looked to build a squad good enough to keep us up.

Finances

A bit of a horror show here really. Not helped by me going over the wage budget by about 3k.

Key Players

Sascha Samulewicz. The starting keeper for Der WSV. If not for his inspired performances at times we would have been a lot further down the table.

Stefan Lorenz. The club captain inspired the rest of the team and led them well all season long.

Markus Heppke. The starting right winger. Put in some greatg performannces down the right and scored some timely goals.

Patrick Derdak. One of my starting strikers. The young Austrian had a great partnership with Juho Makela and didn't seem to play as well with anyonne else leading the line with him.

Juho Makela. The other starting striker. He started off slowly within the squad but when he found his feet he gelled well with Derdak.

In other news I won the Manager of the Year award.

Season      Division       position        Acheivements
---------------------------------------------------------
11/12      German 3rd       2nd            Promotion

Wow! Just wow!

I've snuck into the promotion playoffs after an amazing end of season run. It's 4.20am here now. I couldn't halt during the run. But I think the playoffs may have to wait until the morning now.

Just before I go to bed though. I'm playing Castilla (yup, Real Madrid's B team) it'll be tricky. I'll need a good night's sleep for this.

Archived