FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Well played my first game, a friendly vs Engers. It went very well ending in a convincing 5-1 victory away. I'm optimistic now, but the total rebuilding of the squad, has firstly took me ages..and secondly took me way over budget, about 9k. I wonder how that will go down over the course of the season :O

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

decided i have unfinished business in Italy, so holidaying as i type...tried to load up your italy save from the first post and it caused my fm to crash so gonna have to wait for this to holiday :(

fingers crossed Angri come up again, would love another chance to try the challenge with them

decided i have unfinished business in Italy, so holidaying as i type...tried to load up your italy save from the first post and it caused my fm to crash so gonna have to wait for this to holiday :(

fingers crossed Angri come up again, would love another chance to try the challenge with them

I'm reloading in Italy at the moment and I've seen Angri come up a couple of times. Should be no problem there. :thup:

No sign of Trento, Forlì, Ischia or Orvietana though. Damn the low reputations! I'll probably have settle for some more famous team. :(

Just getting into the preseason friendlies.

Beat the first division favorites 4-1, lost 2-1 to a Prem team and then did a 3-0 over a non league outfit. Still got a few players to come back from injury, and overall i'm feeling pretty good aboout it

:)

Well, I've started the league season off well, a 6-2 home win over Werder Bremen II. Good scoreline but I let in two really daft goals, picky I know but hey :p

I didn't know about the requirement to have atleast 4 German under 23 players in the match day squad either, caught me out that one. I had to promote a 15 yr old to fill the last spot !!

Half the season has passed for me started really bad! made some changes to my tactics (were playing to offensive for the quality of my team) Went Defensivly(with counterattacks) and now im winning game after game.

currently 11th and as it looks right now i think i might make it to a playoff spot. My scout found alot of players in the beginning so i brought in 16 players (12 of them free transfers) Half of these players are starters for the team while the rest of them are on the bench.

Well i think ive created the tactic that will bring glory to my squad! :D the morale is good right now. and both of my strikers are scoring! Playing 4-4-2

Does anyone know the registration rules in France? I have bought a player at the beginning of August but he has been unavailable for the last two games as due to the fact that he "cannot be registered for next match". Any ideas why?

OK, I've been allowed to register my new striker now, which is a relief! Three games into the season and we've won 2 and lost 1. A good start for a decidedly average squad. I'm going to be busting a gut to bring in some more players to strengthen my midfield over the coming weeks...

That's almost scary hehe :D (*edit* That was for PRDHs, although, I'm not sure about that one either hehe)

Has anyone else had a problem with scouting?!

Any news on your bug LLR (I noticed you have put in a bug-report)? Don't see any replies in here, so I guess you just got really unlucky? Or is it just in Italy maybe. :(

I'm holidaying in Scotland atm. Feel like I have unfinished business there after winning the UEFA Cup with Albion Rovers, but losing my save before I could get my hands on the big one. Not 100% sure yet, will have to see which team ends up bottom.

Well I went and grabbed some much needed sleep, am back now and I have uploaded my save game to the FTP, I was really starting to get into the game as well, but with no scouting I would have to start again. I can give everyone a tip on how to avoid it happening, make sure you tick the "Add Key Staff" box at the start as this will generate some staff member at every club and I have only been able to make the bug happen at clubs that had no staff at the beginning it seems to work everywhere else.

(...)

- In one year, league reps go up and down like nobody's business. The Scottish league went down from 16th to 27th in a matter of one year; the Ukrainian league went from 13th to 8th, just like that.

Regarding the latter, I went to last year's euro competitions and saw what these two countries did, to try to see why the sudden shifts.

Ukraine had Shaktar get to the round of 16 of the Champions League, and that's it. Then you had Metalist get to the round of 32 in Europa League. So there.

In Scotland, Celtic lost in the round of 32 of Europa, and Rangers did not make it out of the group stages in the CL.

So the only difference between going up from 13th to 8th and going down from 16th to 27th was that one Ukranian team got to the round of 16, and a Scottish team was eliminated one single round before that. That's it.

I thought this was more of a "throughout the years" feature; all of a sudden, Scotland is, a year after the save started, worse than the first divisions of Romania, Switzerland, Denmark, Germany's second division, the Spanish Cup, France's Second division, Italy's second division, Spain's second division, and the first division of the Check Republic.

Mmmkay.

Yeah, I've bought 18 and sold none, but they had a small squad and no reserves before.

Season's started and I'm doing poo. 2 defeats on the trot, but both encouraging. Lost 2 new MC's to long term injury, which isn't gonna help, and I have both my DR's out already. Need a win before morale becomes a big issue :(

Yeah I looked at World Competitions as well, and I assume that list is sorted by reputation and is the DLR, but surely they can't have set it up to change that quickly...I am going to check the difference in reputation between 16th and 27th, as well as the Ukraine one and see whether it could possibly be because of there only being a small difference or what...

Edit: In the Editor it seems to show Scotland starting at 18th (Rep: 122), in between Swiss League (122) & MLS (121), & 26th is the Japanese League with a Rep of 118...

It worries me that the Czech League has gone past though as it starts at 105

1 England       185
2 Spain         183
3 Italy         172
4 Germany       170
5 France        160
6 Brazil        152
7 Argentina     150
8 Russia        145
9 Turkey        145
10 Portugal      145
11 Greece        142
12 Mexico        140
13 Holland       140
14 Ukraine       135
15 Belgium       130
16 Brazil 2nd    125
17 Switzerland   122
18 Scotland      122
19 USA           121
20 Romania       120
21 Uruguay       120
22 Chile         120
23 Austria       120
24 Germany 2nd   120
25 England 2nd   120
26 Japan         118
27 Tunisia       115
28 Israel        115
29 Colombia      115
30 Spain 2nd     115
31 Italy 2nd     115
32 France 2nd    115
33 Denmark       115
34 Egypt         114
35 Serbia        114
36 Saudi Arabia  113
37 Ecuador       110
38 Norway        110
39 South Korea   110
40 Poland        110
41 Peru          108
42 Australia     105
43 Czech Rep     105
44 South Africa  105
45 Croatia       105

I don't think you should be putting as much stock in the relative position as you should the numbers that create the ranking - it may well be that a very small change has shifted a competition in relation to some very similarly rated comps and thus it looks more dramatic than it actually is.

Just thought I would make people aware that there is some problems with the Spanish league rules. Two yellow cards results in a suspension. Apparently, SI are thinking of releasing a hotfix.

Thought I would post in here. Hope this helps.

I imagine the hotfix will require a new save to be started in order to get the rules correct in the game so I just wanted to warn anyone thinking of starting in Spain as they might want to hold on for a while!

That should not affect the League's reputation...

It shouldn't, but I'm showing similar results to Twellman and as far as I can tell, the only positive thing that's happened to the Czech Republic on my game is that the national team is doing okay.

It shouldn't, but I'm showing similar results to Twellman and as far as I can tell, the only positive thing that's happened to the Czech Republic on my game is that the national team is doing okay.

Hmmm I am noticing similar things now that I look at it, the Czech Rep League has moved up, but only their national side have done any good... :(

Just thought I would make people aware that there is some problems with the Spanish league rules. Two yellow cards results in a suspension. Apparently, SI are thinking of releasing a hotfix.

Thought I would post in here. Hope this helps.

I imagine the hotfix will require a new save to be started in order to get the rules correct in the game so I just wanted to warn anyone thinking of starting in Spain as they might want to hold on for a while!

That's not the case on mine. Weird.

L'Aventure de Lenny Bernstein a Red Star Football Club 93

Season One: Mid-Season Update

Zut alors! At the half way point of the season, Red Star 93 find themselves bang in the middle of the table in 10th position. A good start saw the team floating around 5th place early on, but long-term injuries to the club's best three strikers has somewhat slowed progress since. Red Star will have to hope they can re-find their early season good form again soon or they will have to wave goodbye to hopes of promotion this season. The team are, however, still in the French Cup and a favourable 8th Round draw to a lowly non-leageu side could see them progress even further. So, a mixed bag of a start, but with two top strikers returning from injury shortly, Lenny Bernstein has to yet to give up on hopes of promotion for the time being. Allez Red Star!

so i got home, installed the game anxious to get going and........ the game fails to due to set up of the graphics system thingy..... :( :( :( :(

best be able to fix this or i'm going to cry!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ-and-Manual?p=6066640&viewfull=1#post6066640

Seems it is a known issue...

Haha! I'm just playing a game in Caravaca - southern Spain - and I've noticed a problem with the background of the stadiums. Shop outside the stadium is called "Turner and Sons" bit of a fail there! Never mind. It looks nice.

Haha! I'm just playing a game in Caravaca - southern Spain - and I've noticed a problem with the background of the stadiums. Shop outside the stadium is called "Turner and Sons" bit of a fail there! Never mind. It looks nice.

Obviously a lot of English expats in Caravaca :-)

Archived