FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

Red_Star_Paris_logo.PNG

2013/14 - Red Star Football Club 93 - Ligue 2, France

Transfers - 27 IN (£1.5m) & 27 OUT (£1.5m)

I went absolutely crazy in the transfer market this season. Desperate to strengthen my squad, and with a healthy transfer and wage budget to play with, I was snapping up players offered to me by agents left, right and centre! This meant I was also selling players faster than you can say hot cakes to keep my squad size down. The result has been that I've actually pretty much got a 100% different squad to the one I started the previous season with. I think the 35% 'loyalty to players' figure on my profile page is a tad generous to say the least!

League - 11th

This was a strange old season. The media tipped us to finish second from bottom and the board expected us to fight bravely against relegation, and the early games suggested that both these predictions seemed to be spot on. We started with a draw but then proceeded to lose six on the trot, and things were starting to look rather embarassing. But we somehow completely flipped this form around in the second quarter with a good run of wins that meant we were mid-table by Christmas. Maybe we'd had to many mince pies, but things again turned sour after the break, and we soon found ourselves 3rd from bottom and contemplating relegation again. But we rallied again and in the end finished a very respectable 11th. The league position graph shows just what a rollercoaster this season was.

French Cup - 9th Round

We got knocked out early this season, but only at the hands of our big local rivals Paris Saint-Germain. A home draw for this tie meant we earned bumper gate receipts, even if the fans had to watch as our closest rivals thumped us 3-0!

Coupe de la Ligue - 1st Round

I was hoping to use this cup to give our fringe players a run out as we don't have a reserve team. However, we lost 4-1 to fellow FC Istres in the first round. The less said the better...

Key Players

Despite our topsy-turvy season, we had some fantastic performances. Two of our players, Sagbo and Abdoulaye even made it into the Ligue 2 Stars Team of the Season.

Yannick Sagbo. Signed on a free from Saint Etienne at the beginning of the season, Sagbo was on absolute fire. He achieved the highest average rating in the league (7.47), knocked in 17 goals (2nd top scorer in the league), contributed 9 assists and bagged 4 man of the match awards. He's definitely Ligue 1 material and I have high hopes he can lead us to promotion glory next season.

Abdoulaye. Another player picked up a free, Abdoulaye has been a revelation. Just 23 years of age, still improving, and already he's the rock in my central defence. Got a very tidy average of 7.22 for the season. He's been watched by opposition managers nearly every game recently, so I'll be doing my best to hold on to him!

Eyemen Hedaini. Hedaini was the perfect foil for Sagbo up front and they formed a deadly partnership when he wasn't injured. He bagged 14 goals from 26 starts.

Milan Smiljanic. I signed this guy at the end of last season and had big hopes for him. He hasn't disappointed so far, proving to be a very important part of our midfield. He averaged over 7 a game and got an impressive 81% pass rate in the league.

One for the future

Eduardo Aizpura. I signed quite promising young players this season and Aizpura is probably the pick of the bunch. He spent the season on loan, but at just 17 he already looks like he's not far off first team football. He was touted as the new Fernando Torres when I snapped him up, although he looks like he'll be more of threat with his head than his feet. I'll be keeping him at the Stade Bauer next season so that he can be tutored by Henaini, which I hope will spur on his development.

Finances - -£47k

We've made a loss this season, although it's been pretty small, so I think we'll have scope to sign a few more players in pre-season.

Next Season Ambitions

Challenge for promotion

Season	League		Position 	Cup	 	League Cup		Europe 	Other Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12	French National	9th		10th Rnd	n/a			n/a		n/a
2012/13	French National	1st		10th Rnd	n/a			n/a		n/a
2013/14	Ligue 2		11th		9th Rnd	      1st Rnd		n/a		n/a

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Lenny, and good job in Ligue 2. Sagbo definitely looks quality. Looking good for a promotion challenge.

As for my pre-season, it's been hit by the damn squad-registration bug, again! :( Looks like it only happens to me after a promotion. Really angry right now. :mad: Looks like I won't be able to choose who to register once again. :thdn:

dr p wigwam - Do you have any Russians left on the bench? If so, try sub'ing one of the foreigners for a Russian. I've managed to continue playing games

with injured players still being on the field (or looking like they are on the field on the overview at least, they aren't actually there ofc).

nah, it wouldn't let me do anything, so i had to quit.

it was onlu a couple of games since i last saved, so not too bad. need to keep an eye on it in the future tho

I have an idea what might be causing my Squad Registration bug:

- The squad registration window for the Scottish 1st, 2nd and 3rd division are all between 9th June and 2nd September.

- The league reset date, when promotion actually happens, is 20th of June.

So maybe what happens is. The Squad Registration for my current league opens. 11 days later I'm promoted and put into a new league. And the game then gets confused and can't show me the Squad Registration any more cause it's from a different league. Seriously wouldn't be surprised if that was it. I'm guessing these dates are hard coded into the game, or at least save games as well, so no chance of fixing it. :(

If only someone from SI would have a look at my bug report before the end of days. :thdn:

I'm not gonna wait for SI to reply to my bug report anyways (looking at the time it's taken them on other reports it could be months).

Hopefully what ever squad the game decides to register for me will be strong enough to stay up, and then I can start pushing for promotion after that. The Premier League doesn't seem to have any form of Squad Registration, so if I can only get up there things will be fine. Unless I get relegated again once I'm up there though. I guess the relegation would happen after the Squad Registration window for the 1st division is open again, giving the same problem. Meh.

Doesn't seem to be the same issue. They talk of players bought outside of transfer windows. Anyways I've added my own report there. I actually put the other one in the GUI section of FM2010, so no wonder there's been no replies. :o

*edit* And no signing players outside the window doesn't help. Unless the game leaves a few spaces open for me, which it doesn't. At least it didn't last time. It registered 14 u21 players instead just to fill up.

I don't mean players in the U19 squad btw (but you probably didn't either.

Here's a screenshot from the last time I had to holiday 1 day to get past the registration. As you can see 4 players (Hamilton, Guerrero, Thomson and Fernandez) was left out. All of them First Team -> Key Player status. While 15 (not 14 actually) u21 players where put in instead.

Anyways, enough moaning about this. Nothing to be done about. Gonna try to keep my First Team low on players to hopefully force the game to pick all of them :D

There's loads of players being released by English clubs that I'd love to have. Welbeck, Smalling, Wright-Phillips, Cleverley, Gosling, Bendtner, Arshavin, etc are all available right now. But obviously non of them will consider joining a semi-pro club that's able to offer them a whoppin' £250 a week. :p

Celtic are looking like they might be getting Welbeck. Would be nice to see how he can do for them.

some great progress guys.

Des - love the photo.

ToMexico - great progress in Germany there. should be able to make a real push for promotion this time round.

iacovone - not the best start that! :(

LennyBernstein - a respectable finish at the end there. Sagbo looks a real good player for that levle.

as for my sagas, still no luck. A guy at PC World tonight told me i might need to buy a graphicsa card from Dell which won't be cheap.... might have to evaluate a new computer.... :( doesn't look like Arezzo will be progressing for a little while.

I have an idea what might be causing my Squad Registration bug:

- The squad registration window for the Scottish 1st, 2nd and 3rd division are all between 9th June and 2nd September.

- The league reset date, when promotion actually happens, is 20th of June.

So maybe what happens is. The Squad Registration for my current league opens. 11 days later I'm promoted and put into a new league. And the game then gets confused and can't show me the Squad Registration any more cause it's from a different league. Seriously wouldn't be surprised if that was it. I'm guessing these dates are hard coded into the game, or at least save games as well, so no chance of fixing it. :(

If only someone from SI would have a look at my bug report before the end of days. :thdn:

I Have ney found this to be a problem in my Montrose game (touch wood), it's weird.

Lokks like we are having a race I just got promoted to Scottish firdt division too (report to follow)

That's really weird. What does the Squad Registration rules say for you? If you go to the league table and click on "Rules"? Is it 9th June to 2nd September for you as well?

Yep, however it is missing at the moment so I may be joining you. I am signing 2 players for each position in the hope thatt at least one of them is registered, it is ridiculous but feel too far in to quit now.

Brettney's Russian Adventure;

Well i couldn't get any of the shortlist of clubs i drew up so have settled on ...

FC Metallurg-Yenisey Krasnoyarsk (ФК Металлург-Енисей Красноярск) is a Russian football club based in Krasnoyarsk.

ClubBadge.jpg

History

The club was founded as Lokomotiv Krasnoyarsk in 1937 and spent one season in the Class D of Soviet league. In 1957 the club was reinstated under the same name and entered the Far East zone of Class B. In 1968 Lokomotiv was renamed Rassvet, in 1970 Avtomobilist. In 1991 the club received a new name, Metallurg. Since February, 2010 it has been renamed Metallurg-Yenisey (formally, Metallurg was excluded from the league and a new independent club Metallurg-Yenisey was admitted into the league).

Metallurg (or their predecessors) never played in the Soviet Top League or Russian Premier League. Their best result in Soviet League was a 2nd position in Group 7 of Class B in 1959, while their best result in Russian history was the 9th position in Russian First Division in 2001. Since the inception of Russian football, Metallurg suffered four relegations to the Second Division, latest in 2006.

Krasnoyarsk (City).

Krasnoyarsk (Russian: Красноя́рск [krəsnɐˈjarsk]) is a city and the administrative center of Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia, located on the Yenisey River. It is the third largest city in Siberia, with population of 948,500 (2009 est.). Krasnoyarsk is an important junction of the Trans-Siberian Railway and one of Russia's largest producers of aluminium. The city is notable for its architecture; author Anton Chekhov judged Krasnoyarsk the most beautiful city in Siberia.

Profile.

yababo - Yea, there's no chance of me quiting either. It's just annoying, not totally game breaking.

I've just holidayed past the registration deadline again. And the game decided to leave just 2 of my older players out this time. None of them are first choices. But one of them had a "key player" status (which I've just forgot to change), and still they didn't pick him. Really makes no sense, but oh well.

Started the season well to. Won't take part in any relegation battle if we keep this up.

brettney1980 - Great opening post. Good luck in Russia! :thup:

Montrose FC - Scottish Second Division 2012 - 2013

End of Season Update

League Table

A great season that culminated in being promoted as champions.

8 of my players signed for other clubs on Bosmans, so it is going to be really tough to stay up. Negative tactics and 1-0 wins will probably be the order of the day. Think I am about to be struck with the squad registration bug like Ohanzee.

Aim for the season is purely survuval.

Ohanzee - What happens prior to the registration window closing, when it says your players are unregistered? Can you still play them? Just holidayed through my first game of the season to see what would happen and all my first teamers played although hey were not registered.

big shame rlipscombe! hope you get it sorted soon :thup:

we've just secured our first win away at Rotor Volograd coming from a goal down to win 2-1. Promising!

cheers. i am debating soldiering on and just holidaying through the games - should work then. will buy me some time to sort it out and i'll still be able to kind of play.....

I'm stuck on picking a club. Originally I chose Messina but have changed my mine since other were doign it and I am stuck with Mantova, Perugia and Venezia. All clubs have many good things and perhaps the onyl negative is that Mantova has no staff and the chairman might sdell. But thats not always a negative...

Anyone got an opinion

I'm stuck on picking a club. Originally I chose Messina but have changed my mine since other were doign it and I am stuck with Mantova, Perugia and Venezia. All clubs have many good things and perhaps the onyl negative is that Mantova has no staff and the chairman might sdell. But thats not always a negative...

Anyone got an opinion

Go Venezia it's a great place to visit and it is featured in Moonraker

trentosplash.png

Trento is a city of approximately 115 000 inhabitants in Northern Italy. It ranks very highly among Italian cities for quality of life, standard of living, and business and job opportunities. And now the time is ripe for the people of Trento to finally have a football club that can consistently and successfully compete among the best in the country and on the continent.

To achive this objective, Trento Calcio 1921 have appointed a new manager Renzo de Vecchi. ;)

Anyone got an opinion

Venice has the highest city attraction, but both Mantua and Perugia rank high aswell - should that sort of thing make any difference. Of the 3 I'd choose Perugia, because they have a griffon on their badge. :)

Perugia Calcio

<a  href=http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8465/logopj.th.jpg' alt='logopj.th.jpg'>

Boungiorno tutti! The Perugia Calcio board have today announced that a relatively unknown coach with little experience will take over as manager. Jordan Cozzi, the Canadian with Italian decent has taken full control of the Grifoni and has pledged that he will take the club back to Serie A and to further glory.

Perugia Calcio, formerly A.C Perugia is a club based in Perugia, Umbria. Known as the Grifoni (griffins), the Umbrian club boasts a proud record in Italian Calcio. Spending most of its time in Serie A, and even completing a season undefeated only to finish runners-up, the club has recently had financial trouble and was therefore forced to relegate to Serie D. After a swift promotion to Serie C2B, the board hope newly appointed Signor Cozzi can do the trick.

With their only win coming in the Intertoto Cup in 2003, and a host of great players comign through the youth ranks, Perugia can be proud of her achievements and now it is up to Cozzi to further this tradition.

Welcome your local, neighbourhood genius. I have managed to save a new game over the top of my Kickers game. I don't even know how. Well, I know I realised just after I clicked, 'yes' to do you want to replace this that I was doing something stupid. Aggravating! Fortunately I still have the game I saved before the reset date and the Kickers have come up again. I suppose I'll start again!

i only ever watch on commentary only and it's doing it here.... might have to trust my Ass Man for now....

There seems to be a few people with the same problem as you that's fixed it by installing the DirectX SDK. Have you tried that yet?

And, this is probably a total shot in the dark, but have you tried disabling sound? Maybe some of the sound clips played during games are causing the crash dumps. Probably not, but worth a shot.

Welcome your local, neighbourhood genius. I have managed to save a new game over the top of my Kickers game. I don't even know how. Well, I know I realised just after I clicked, 'yes' to do you want to replace this that I was doing something stupid. Aggravating! Fortunately I still have the game I saved before the reset date and the Kickers have come up again. I suppose I'll start again!

Doh! Oh well PRDH, at least you'll have the benefit of knowing your players a bit better now...

Archived