FM11 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just come up against Athletic Bilbao in the LIGA adelante. They still have players like Fernando Llorente. Needless to say, it's not going well!

Haha, are they in debt? I remember on 09 I reached the Championship on dafuge's challenge with consecutive promotions. In that time Stoke had managed to find themselves in the League 1 whilst still paying Sorensen 25k per week. Must destroy the finances!

and looking good Brettney :D

Albion Rovers 2017/2018

2nd in Clydesdale Bank Premier League (pred: 7th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

We won the first 6 matches of the season in the league. After that it was up and down for the rest of the season. But it was up and down in the upper half of the table at least. When the league split (after 33 matches) we were actually top of the table on goal difference. Sadly we lost 5-1 away to Celtic, with love from my amazing defense, and that's how close we were this year.

Formation change and better strikers definitely helped our attack. Our defense is as hopeless as ever though. Celtic (and even more so Rangers) had worse seasons than last year, so that's part of the reason we're closer. But we did manage 17 points more as well, so we did improve. 2nd place is our all time high, which should get us into the ECC qualifiers. Ofc I have no hopes what so ever of actually reaching the group stages, but would be fun to finally be in the competition even in the very early stages.

The Cups (League Cup | Scottish Cup)

Great runs in both cups this year, the League Cup in particular. For once we managed to knock Rangers out of a Cup. 2-2 and a 3-0 win on penalties in the Semi Final and we had an easy job of finishing off 1st division side Falkirk in the final. A trophy at last!

We also reached the final of the Scottish Cup, but our defense totally collapsed (3 of 4 played below 6.0), and Rangers comfortably beat us 3-0.

The European Adventure ...

I already talked about. It was as short as last year.

The Players (Squad Ratings)

Some of the best performers of this season:

Joseph Akpala - I said I thought he was our best signing, and he didn't disappoint. 37 goals in 43 starts, and a well deserved spot in the Team of the Year. It's to bad he's so old.

Juan Manuel Gonzalez - His 2nd season, and he really took a gigantic leap. His performance earned him the Football Writers' Player of the Year award and a spot in the Team of the Year.

Urko San Martin - Another good season by our best defender, earning him our 3rd and last spot in the Team of the Year. Makes me wonder if my tactics are bad when he performs this well and our defensive record is so bad. But I think it's mostly our fullbacks fault.

Michael Amadio - Our second most profilic striker, and had it not been for Akpala having a crazy season his 25 goals in 40 starts would be the talking point for sure.

Ignasi Miquel - Our second best peforming defender. He's a club icon, having been here for 6 seasons. He'll never be world class, but he gets the job done.

Finally, not a player, but myself. I picked up the Manager of the Year award for the 3rd year running. Still not having won the league.

The Finances

Looking good still. Our old board is gone, and a consortium lead by Jon Moyes has taken over. He's Scottish to, so I won't celebrate just yet. They did invest £1.8M which was going to be used on training facilities. However once they decided to keep me in charge, they also decided to scrap those plans. But the money stayed. We would still have made £1.8M profit without that though, so I still think our old board was a bunch of cheap ...

The Scottish Teams in Europe

Celtic were entered straight into the ECC group stages. They came last in their group though, with Chelsea, Schalke and Ajax. Rangers lost in the ECC qualifiers, but managed to reach the EC group stages. Man City and Metalist was to strong though, and they ended 3rd. Dundee United was, like us, knocked out in the 4th qualifying round to the EC cup. They lost 6-2 and 2-1 to Italian giants Inter.

The Future

Improve on the defense and maybe we can fight for the league title. But I still think we have a bit to do. 19 players in our first team squad are wanted atm. Hopefully we can keep the most important ones.

[b][u][color="Blue"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	S-CUP		L-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]11/12[/b]	S3D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s1tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	4th Round	2nd Round	-		Promoted
[b]12/13[/b]	S2D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s2tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	3rd Round	3rd Round	-		-
[b]13/14[/b]	S2D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s3tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	5th Round	3rd Round	-		Promoted. Won Challenge Cup.
[b]14/15[/b]	S1D	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s4tab.jpg"]1st[/url]	3rd Round	3rd Round	-		Promoted. Won Challenge Cup.
[b]15/16[/b]	SPL	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s5tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	5th Round	Semi Final	-		-
[b]16/17[/b]	SPL	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s6tab.jpg"]3rd[/url]	Qtr Final	3rd Round	EC Qual. Rnd.	-
[b]17/18[/b]	SPL	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s7tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	Final		Winner!		EC Qual. Rnd.	League Cup trophy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S-1/2/3-D - Scottish 1st/2nd/3rd Division | SPL - Scottish Premier League

[b][u][color="Blue"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

[b]Scottish First Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s4tab.jpg"]14/15[/url]
[b]Scottish Second Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s3tab.jpg"]13/14[/url]
[b]Scottish Third Division[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s1tab.jpg"]11/12[/url]

[b]Scottish League Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s7cupL.jpg"]17/18[/url]
[b]Scottish Challenge Cup[/b] - [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s3ccup.jpg"]13/14[/url], [url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/NewAlbion/s4culC.jpg"]14/15[/url]

Well, my Italian Cup run ended with a respectable 4-2 loss to Juventus where we managed to fight back to level the game twice in the first half before their class showed through. The big thing about this game, though, is that I made £540K+ in gate receipts from the away game ain Turin - which has completely wiped my debts. :D

Ploughing through the seasons Ohanzee, great year this time around!

minisav that was a good report, I'm stunned at the performance of your side. Only 8 goals conceded?! WHAT!! Hopefully you can continue where you left off in Division 1.

Time to get my season underway with Quimper. I think we've got the makings of a squad. But then, I thought that about Nostra.

Oh and for all of you...

I wasn't sacked, I left... ;)

iacovone never gets sacked :cool:

Cheers iacovone. Yeah it amazed me too! Starting the new season now. New signings in and we look good. Struggling for goals so far in my first match. Mainly because one of the new signings missed 3 or 4 sitters in the first half.

Although the first minute of extra time sees Giles Barnes score on his debut. A peach as well :D

3-1 win at home to open our season! Seriously enjoying my new side, the move to France from Eastern Europe was a sublime choice.

It seems I've got a rather useful strike force. Existing striker Wilfried Grandisson and new signing Kevin Beauvue hit it off with a goal each in their first game together. I see good things in the two of them.

My new board just annonced a link with Liverpool, not sure what to think of that exactly. They sent me a striker prospect I have no use for at all. But at least he's u21, so he can fill up the bench in league matches (we need 3 u21 players in the squad each match).

One of my strikers is refusing to even talk about a new contract. So I try offering him out to other clubs to at least get some money for him. He goes mental and says he doesn't wanna leave the club. So I hold my hands up and say ok, and reject the bids for him. Then I try offering him a contract again, and he says he's not interested. *sigh*

Think 16th is the highest it's been here. It's down to 19th now. Hopefully we can start helping out by doing something in Europe except being knocked out of qualifiers soon.

I've lost 2 of the players in last years Team of the Year. Gonzalez cause he had 1 year left on his contract and wasn't interested in a new deal. So I offered him for twice his value, and he went to Brøndby. And Akpala cause CSKA Moscow activated his £2.1M release clause.

Trying desperately to get rid of some high-earners who don't really deserve it. I think we're better in defense and probably midfield with the signings so far, but having a hard time replacing Akpala so far. Praying some Brazilians won't have their work permit rejected.

Perugia - Serie C2 - End of season update - Season 1 - 2011/2012

League Table

Transfers

After building a squad of all the players I used to sign on CM Italia 95 we survived our first season. We threatened to be brilliant at times but drew far too many games we should have won. Rubbish in the cup. Have settled on tactica for next year and need to refresh the squad with some faster players.

Really going too push for promotion next season(hopefully).

I'm losing my best centre-back Kiko at the end of the season for nothing :( wasn't interested in a new deal but for the sake of a few 100k I thought we'd be better off with that without him this season.

Edit: Loving the retro transfers yababo - Morfeo, Pistone and Birindelli, awesome :D

Albion Rovers Pre-season 2018/19

Plenty of transfers this summer. Biggest loss is no doubt Akpala, our topscorer. CSKA Moscow offered £2.1M which was his foreign-club release clause. We also lost Gonzalez, but that was intended as he was refusing to sign a new contract and had just 1 year left. I also got rid of a few high-earning players who I didn't feel deserved it any more. In total we made £7.75M on selling players, that's about 7 times higher than any other transfer window so far.

The following players joined:

David Clough (SC) - On loan from our new parent club Liverpool. I said I had no need for him, but he actually had to play a couple of games already cause I didn't find any new strikers until very late in the window.

Jason Evans (DR) - I'm trying to build a better defense. Hopefully this guy can help.

Stefano Vitale (DC) - Another defender.

Daniel Hylton (DMC) - Very promising midfielder. Think he's a huge improvement to the squad.

Miquel (DR) - Another defender.

Angel (DC) - And another. I like his height.

Raffaele Di Gennaro (GK) - New goalkeeper, again. This one looks promising. Already got a MoM award.

Javier Mantecon (MC) - I think he's our best new signing. Already a leading star.

Cesar Arzo (DC/DMC) - Experienced defender. Not been to amazing yet though.

Jacopo Galimberti (DC) - Another defender. I like this one.

Alfred Bediako (DL) - We needed someone on the left as well.

Josetxo Zaldua (SC) - Having trouble finding strikers, I decided to pay for this 16 year old prospect. Scouts says he can become 4,5 stars, so crossing my fingers.

Rodrigo (AMC/SC) - Our biggest transfer fee ever payed, and our first import from South America. 4 star potential, but I'm hoping he'll put his mark on the league already this year.

The European adventure ...

has started again. I sort of expected a tough challenge in the Champions Cup Best Placed 3rd qualifying round, and it was. We got Shakhtar from Ukraine. We beat them 1-0 away after a goal from the striker I didn't think I'd have any use for. New goalkeeper Di Gennaro also picked up the MoM award.

The home game was the real cracker. At half time we were 3-1 down and had a man sent off. I thought it was over for sure, but I told my players I wanted to see more of them. 10 minutes later Amadio had pulled us level 3-3. Then Shakhtar crushed my dreams again when they made it 4-3 after 62'. I really didn't think we could do it now, but Amadio is on fire. He scored his 3rd of the match after 77', and when San Martin made it 5-4 from a corner after 87' I could finally relax.

Sadly, there's another round of qualifiers, and we were not seeded. We drew Manchester United. Obviously I didn't leave us much chance. Even less so after losing 4-2 at home in the first leg. It should have been a lot more as well. But we actually played better in the away leg. Amadio made it 1-0 after 11', but then San Martin got sent off after 22'. I thought we'd be crushed now, but it didn't happen. Instead Amadio made it 2-0 before Alberto Paloschi pulled one back for United. We didn't qualify for the Champions Cup, but we pulled off an amazing win with 10 men!!

The bad thing about being in this particular group of qualifiers is of course that you meet teams like Man Utd. The good thing is that you still get to go to the EURO Cup if you don't win. We will be playing in the EURO Cup group stages, and our group consists of Roma, Genk, and FC Twente. Doesn't sound to scary, but we were seeded 4th, so who knows.

Finally, I'm hoping our win against Shakhtar will help the Scottish leagues reputation, cause the Ukrainian Premier League is 10th in Europe, 9 spots ahead of our league.

I think you mis read the opening post, you can only load the ONE nation that you are competing in, in your case, jsut the Russian Leagues.

i kinda figured it would make more sense this way in that if i get sacked i can give another league in the challenge a go after holidaying for a year a picking the bottom team again rather than having to start from scratch with another manager / saved game.

If thats not in the spirit of the challenge let me know and i'll either put a disclaimer up when i post or just leave you guys be.

On another note my first team had a 1 -1 draw with my under 18's, dunno if thats a sign of a great youth academy or a poor first grade squad

i kinda figured it would make more sense this way in that if i get sacked i can give another league in the challenge a go after holidaying for a year a picking the bottom team again rather than having to start from scratch with another manager / saved game.

If thats not in the spirit of the challenge let me know and i'll either put a disclaimer up when i post or just leave you guys be.

The reason the opening post calls for only one league loaded is two-fold as far as I'm aware.

1/ It gives you far more available players than everyone else in the challenge giving you an advantage at every stage as it will also mean more newgens as you go forward.

2/ Unless your machine is top of the range (it may well be) after the number of seasons it takes to complete the challenge it may take a long time to process things.

Logo-3.png

2016/17 - Hallescher FC - German First Division

Transfers - 7 IN for 10.5m & 13 OUT for 5.25m

Big money was spent on Paulo but he failed to live up to his hype, 3 goal return is not good enough, shall loan out maybe next season to adjust to life in Germany. Gayraud played well to lead the clubs assists chart. Muniesa was probably my best signing, slotting into CB with ease. Everton Jacobs my Jamiacan prospect did well and played a massive 17 games for Jamaica this season.

League - 5th

Excellent final position in just our second season in the Bundesliga, thus qualifying for the Europa League. Third top scorers in the league but still had quite a leaky defence, conceding 50. Leverkusen strolled to the league title with 4 games remaining.

Squad List/Stats

Top Scorer - Marko Obradovic, 19

Most Assists - Enzo Gayraud, 13

Most MOM - Ahmed Elmohamady, 7

Ave Rating - Ahmed Elmohamady, 7.36

Finances - I pretty much spent all the money we received last season on transfer fees and wages but was glad when the prize money rolled in, 20m cheers. I immediately asked the board to upgrade both training and youth facilities again. Will ask for more seats to be added to the stadium this time.

Season  | League          | Pos  | Cup           | Europe            | Other Achievements
11/12   | 3rd Division    | 2nd  | n/a           | n/a               | Promoted
12/13   | 2nd Division    | 10th | 1st Rnd       | n/a               | Consolidation
13/14   | 2nd Division    | 3rd  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Lost in Play-Off Final
14/15   | 2nd Division    | 2nd  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Promoted 
15/16   | 1st Division    | 11th | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | Survival
16/17   | 1st Division    | 5th  | 2nd Rnd       | n/a               | European Qualification

Good first season yababo survival is always a good first target, good look with your promotion aims for next season.

Some nice new signings there Ohanzee, good luck in the Euro Cup.

Excellent season ToMexico looks like you weren't far off a Champions League spot!? Maybe if you can shore up that defence abit?

2012-2013 Season Review-Stuttgarter Kickers-German Third Division

This season I decided to play two up front and it worked much better. As a team we played much better and if we had a bit more consistency we would have got promoted.

League-4th

We were in it all the way especially with a great run at the end but just fell short.

League Positions Graph

Stars of the Season

Maciej Tataj-Absolutely fantastic this season. Having someone up front with him has worked wonders.

Matias Concha-The right back was solid. The only problem was the amount of yellow and red cards he recieved.

Nicolas Hofler-Good season at centre mid. Just bossed most games.

Finances

Not good especially with a £4.1 million loan.

Transfers

Next season promotion is the target.

Season		League				Position			Achievements/Wins
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12		Division 3			15th			                None
2012/13		Division 3			4th			                None	

Hey guys,

I'm still alive and playing, and reading the thread.

Just finished my 2nd season in Russia, but stupid game progressed another 5 days and I lost the chance to get screenies of last season, so I've done my best.

Had less time to play recently, but hopefully will get more chances in the next few days :)

FC Chernomorets Novorossiysk - Season two - 2012

Performance

In contrast to season one, this season went well from the beginning, with us sitting in 1st after 7 weeks. We got thrashed 4-0 by Spartak Moscow in the Cup QF, but that was expected. The rest of the first half of the season was pretty average, and not in a good way. We scrapped wins, and draws, but also suffered random trashings by relegation candidates.

With 10 to play we were sitting in 4th, and had a pretty good shot at the top 2, and you would have thought that by going unbeaten for the first 9 we would be doing well. Sadly it was 6 draws and just 3 wins, leaving us out of contention with the last game to play. My team then summed up the season by getting stuffed 4-0 by the team just below us, consigning us to 6th.

League Table

Results

Preseason prediction was 14th, so I'm pretty happy, but it felt like we had just about the ability to sneak in 2nd.

Squad

Transfers

A few changes to personnel, with that £1m budget getting spent on some terribly overpriced players.

Of the arrivals, Ukrainian U21 GK Igor Levchenko and top scorer Alexey Zhitikov were the best buys. Clifford Mulenga was fans player of the season, and now looks like an awesome £9k purchase.

Finances

Finished the season with a loss of around £350k, and now minimum expectation is a top half finish, tho i have another £600k to spend and wages of £27k, with a budget of £33k.

Next season

The biggest issue we had at the end of the season was players not getting on, with a different player each week telling me they didn't like so-and-so and I was promising to transfer players all over the place. I also upset half the squad with my treatment of their teammates, when they didn't believe my promises [which were entirely empty, so I'll let them off].

Now I need to establish who to keep, who to try and offload and who to replace them with in order to get dressing room harmony re-established.

In all honesty I'd love to get the top half finish that I felt we deserved this season.

Preseason odd are 33-1, so a slight improvement on last season...

Season      Division            Position    Acheivements
----------------------------------------------------------
2011        First Division      9th         None
2012        First Division      6th         None

Managed to make some good signings for Hallescher and once again break my transfer record. I signed Haris Vuckic from Reggina for 8m, also in came Marcell Jansen as cover for ML and Manuel Gross for 2m from Gladbach as the future LB. Christopher Samba also joined for free from Arsenal, will slot in beside Muniesa. I'm trying to sell Mensah as he has become unhappy. Also on a downer Obradovic my top scorer for the past 4 season will not sign a new contract after I wouldn't give him nearly double what he is paid now. Trying to sell him too.

Brettney's Russian Adventure Take Two! - Season 3

ChitaLogo.png

From the very start of the season things went a little differently this year, we stopped leaking silly goals thanks mostly go to 2 new CBs (did sign 3 but i wasn't going to play all 3 now ..) We even managed to go on a 9 game unbeaten run at the start of the year. I'd hoped for a top half finish and told the board as much but to stay around the top 3/4 in the league was much better than anyone could of predicted, even our most devout fans.

Transfers.

Well it came to the last game of the season we needed to win and for one of the two teams above us to lose ... Which one did but thanks to Mkrtchyan's sending off we just couldn't break down Zhemchuzhina's defence and the game finished 0-0 and we finished 3rd.

The Squad Stats.

Board Confidence.

A Typical FC Chita Lineup;

GK, Kotlyarov

LB, Mkrtchyan

CB, Nizhegarodov - Fans player of the year!

CB, Ojewole

RB, Bitokov

LM, Brusnikin

CM, Smirnov

CM, Scherbakov

RM, Vaganov

CF, Radonjic

CF, Sikimic

Season      Division            Position   Trophys      Acheivements
------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011        First Division      14th       None
2012        First Division      11th       None
2013        First Division      3rd        None      Manager of Year 3rd

Unlucky there Brettney. Next season will be your season hopefully! :)

Was up to 12 points ahead after a 6-2 win over Dunfermline with Graham Bayne getting 4!

Down to 9 after losing but now just up to 10 after winning again. Raith no longer 2nd after holding the top spot for quite a while.

My old parent club, Hamilton, are the new 2nd place.

10 point lead with 13 games to go. Let's do this!

Took charge of the wonderfully named Bavarian club Eintracht Bamberg. I don't know how I've gotten this far up the table after 21 games though. Should be interesting to see how well I can end it. Luckily, I have staved off massive injuries to my key players, so I expect a few 3 months layoffs after Christmas and the massive dip of form as we come into 2012.

minisav - good luck for the run-in. sounds like yo'll coast home.....

ToMexico - good finish there and you're definately making progress. Cl place next season i reckon.

Ohanzee - unlucky in the CL... hopefully you can progress from the Europa League group now. some good signings there for the new season too.

brettney - great finish there and unlucky not to make it up. hopefully you can clinch a promotion slot next season.

wigwam - unlucky with the way you tailed off there. good luck for the new season.

Liverbird - making progress there in Germany. hopefully you can make promotion next season.

2013/14 - Scottish First Division - Arbroath - Minisav

WINNERS. SPL HERE I COME!

No idea what happened again. Good times.

My Profile

Competitions:

League - Table - Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2

Scottish Cup - 2nd Round v Hearts - Fixtures

Scottish League Cup - 3rd Round v Dundee Utd - Fixtures

Scottish League Challenge Cup - Final v Hamilton - Fixtures - WINNERS! 3RD TIME! :D

Team:

Squad - Tactics - Transfers

Screenshots provided upon request.

Well done ToMexico!! Congrats on the EC spot. I had a feeling you'd do that.

Unlucky Liverbird93. Next year for sure.

Good luck next year dr p wigwam. Not far off by the looks of it.

That's so unlucky brettney1980. Was really hoping you'd get promoted now. Great progress though.

Congrats on the promotion minisav! Looking forward to seeing how you do in the SPL. By the way you've had your team perform so far, I'd bet on you to finish top half.

I'm getting close to January in my season. Been scoring less but conceding less as well. That's all I'll say for now. :p

I'm feeling much more confident of promotion this season 5 games in 4 wins and a draw!

I'm finding it almost impossible to sell players though no one will bid no matter how many teams are interested ... Has made picking my 40 man squad for the season tricky since i have more than 40 players now and no reserve games until promotion ...

Archived