Football Manager 2011 Base Skins

michaeltmurrayuk

Base Skins for Football Manager 2011

[if you are still using FM2010 see this thread: [FM2010: TEMPLATE] BASE SKINS (for changing colours adding 2D pitch graphics)]

As with Football Manager 2010 for you to make certain changes in Football Manager 2011 you need to create a new skin.

So to make things easier for people I've put up some base skins that are identical to the default skins that come with the game, so you can add new files/graphics to these without messing up the original skins, and anything that isn't located in these new skin folders will be taken from the default locations within the game.

At the moment there are four Base Skins to download:

Base 2011 Skin - This is the Default Base Skin and is identical in appearance to the Default FM2011 Skin.

Base 2011 BG Skin - This is the same as the Base 2011 Skin apart from the fact that it uses Kev Radestock's mod to re-enable Background Images.

Base 2011 Dark Skin - This is the Default Dark Base Skin and is identical in appearance to the FM2011 Dark Skin.

Base 2011 BG Dark Skin - This is the same as the Base 2011 Dark Skin apart from the fact that it uses Kev Radestock's mod to re-enable Background Images.

NOTE THAT THE DARK BASE SKINS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE PATCH 11.1 OR LATER APPLIED TO YOUR GAME.

The Background Enabled skin is slightly lighter than the Default Base Skin due to the Transparent Background so if you are not going to use Background images download the Base 2011 Skin. Download Link is at the bottom of the post.

Instructions:

When you extract the file you have have downloaded you should have one folders called base2011 (or base2011bg for the Background Enabled Skin) and two files a readme.txt file and a config.xml file.

Now copy the files and folders into your skins folder within your User Data Folder, by default this is:

For the Demo:

\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011 Demo\skins\

For the full game:

\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\

If you cannot find your User Data folder, load up the game and go into the preferences -> General Screen, at the bottom of the screen should be a section headed User Data Folder, there should be a folder location listed in the box, this is the location of your user data folder, if you browse to that location on your computer (not through FM) there should be a skins folder located within that folder, this is where you put your downloaded skins.

For example my User Data location is: F:\Michael\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\ as shown by the below screenshot:

userdatafolder.jpg

You can also change the location of your User Data folder if you wish or reset its location to default. (you’ll need to reload the game for it to take affect)

If done right your skins folder should look something like this:

skinsfolder.jpg

When you load the game up if the skin cache is off any skins in the above folder should appear in the skins menu like the below image:

skindropdown.jpg

If the skin cache is on you'll need to turn it off, exit the Preferences menu and re-enter it and any new skins should appear, if not tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm' and change skins, click confirm and go back in and your skin should appear.

To Replace Graphics

To replace the following graphics you need to copy the graphics you have made or downloaded into the correct folders within the folder for the skin you are using:

Gold Stars:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\icons\stars\gold

Silver Stars:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\icons\stars\silver

To get the 2D pitch icons (balls, nets, players) into the game they need to go into the following folders within your skin:

Balls:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\pitch\balls\

Popups:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\pitch\popup\

Nets:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\pitch\nets\

Player Icons:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\<SKIN_NAME>\graphics\pitch\icons\kit\

For example if you were previously using the default FM11 skin and wanted to add some new 2D balls to the game you would add them to:

My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\base2011\graphics\pitch\pitch\balls\

And select the Base 2011 skin in game, and your new ball would show on the 2D pitch.

(NOTE: this is just for the classic 2D view, the 3D view graphics are controlled by different files)

To edit the fonts

The font settings for each skin are now controlled by the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the Base 2011 skin this is the ‘\base2011\settings\base2011 settings.xml’ file

For the Base 2011 BG skin this is the ‘\base2011bg\settings\base2011bg settings.xml’ file

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various text settings – style, size etc, you just need to open the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file scroll down to the bottom of the file until you see the TEXT SETTINGS text and edit the relevant code below that line.

To change the actual font used by the game, you will first need to copy the relevant font file into the fonts folder for your skin and then change the font name in the settings file.

To edit the game colours (including attribute colours)

The colour settings for each skin are now controlled by the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

The colour settings for each skin are controlled by the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file located inside the settings folder.

For the Base 2011 skin this is the ‘\base2011\settings\base2011 settings.xml’ file

For the Base 2011 BG skin this is the ‘\base2011bg\settings\base2011bg settings.xml’ file

For the base skins I have copied in the relevant coding for you to change the various colours used by the skin – you just need to open the <SKIN_NAME> settings.xml file and locate the relevant line for the colour setting you wish to change – the colour names and comments should explain what the majority of the colours control. For example, attribute colours are listed underneath the heading <!-- profile attribute colours -->.

The colours are declared in RGB values, that range from 0-255 where Red=255 Green=255 Blue=255 is white and Red=0 Green=0 Blue=0 is black.

To locate the RGB value of a colour you want to use you can either use a image editing program to obtain the RGB Value of the colour or type rgb values into google and it will bring up several websites that list the RGB Values for various colours.

To edit the Attribute Threshold

To edit the Attribute thresholds you need to edit the ‘player attributes panel.xml’ (for players) and ‘non player profile.xml’ (non-players) files that I have included in the panels folder for each of the base skins.

The code you need to change is this, which should appear at the top of the file:

<!-- attribute colouring -->

<integer id="exca" value="16" />

<!-- excellent threshold -->

<integer id="excn" value="11" />

<!-- normal threshold -->

<integer id="excl" value="6" />

<!-- low threshold -->

For your changes to take affect

If you have made any changes to the base skins (colours, fonts, graphics) to get your changes to show you’ll need to go into the Preferences -> Display & Sound Menu and untick ‘Use Skin Cache’ if it is ticked and then tick ‘Always Reload Skin On Confirm’ then click confirm and your changes should be applied, if you have previousily ticked and unticked the required boxes a 'Reload Skin' button should appear in the bottom left corner, if this button appears you can click that if the Confirm Button is grayed out.

DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR FM2011 BASE SKINS

ALT DOWNLOAD PAGE

(Each link contains links to all four downloads)

Change Log:

5th November 2010 Version 1.1 for Base2011 and Base 2011 BG Skins:

- Patch 11.1 modified menubar.xml file, now uses the patched file.

- Patch 11.1 added some more colour values to the xml files, now included in the base2011bg settings.xml file at the bottom.

This year I have also included to make things easier for people:

- All the files included in the Default FM2011 Skins Folder.

- The Default Fonts for the FM2011 skin.

- Some commonly edited files.

Fantastic, thanks!

One thing:

Instructions:

When you extract the file you have have downloaded you should have one folders called base2011 (or base2011bg for the Background Enabled Skin) and two files a readme.txt file and a config.xml file.

Now copy the files and folders into your skins folder within your User Data Folder, by default this is:

For the Demo:

\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011 Demo\skins\

For the full game:

\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\

If you cannot find your User Data folder, load up the game and go into the preferences -> General Screen, at the bottom of the screen should be a section headed User Data Folder, there should be a folder location listed in the box, this is the location of your user data folder, if you browse to that location on your computer (not through FM) there should be a skins folder located within that folder, this is where you put your downloaded skins.

Should be changed to FM11 surely? Great guide though, thanks :)

How do you change the background colour on the player attribute pages to a dark colour, as if it was a dark skin?

You cannot just change the background to the Attributes panel you can either use the backgrounds Base Skin and add your own darkened background (though that will affect every screen) or replace the titled box graphics (and that will affect every box in the game that has a title).

Hi. I've copied the comic sans font into the 'fonts' folder of the base 2011 skin. It has come up as comic.ttf. Does this need to be changed to comic.otf? Because nothing has changed when I load the Base 2011 skin. (I've changed 'vera' into 'comic' in the settings folder as well)

Just updated to 11.1, and the Dark skin is great!

Only problem is I can't edit the attribute colours. I've tried extracting the files with the Resource Archiver, but can't find the attribute colours for the Dark skin. Is there a base skin in the works for it?

Cheers! Keep up the good work!

Yes a dark one will be created once it's been released.

Hi michaeltmurrayuk,

I like the perfecto skin for FM2011 demo, i tried to installed in for FM2011 new released, but it cant read Perfecto.

Can we have it for FM2011?

Hi I would like to change the attribute colours of the default dark skin - I have followed the above instructions - but when I open base2011 settings file - I come to an internet page with all the codes - but I seem to be unable to change the codes - it won't let me? And also how would I save the code once I edit it? Many thanks.

Just slow down. I said in General Discussion that we're working on developing a dark base skin. We haven't done it yet, you've downloaded the default light base skin.

Ok thank you - but the premise would be the same as the light surely. I now know that the dark has not been done yet - but my question does stand please - about how I go about editing the existing attribute codes - as I cannot alter them? Thank you.

Dark Base Skins have now been added, please note that the Dark Base Skins require patch 11.1 to work.

The Light Skins have also been updated for patch 11.1

The following colours have been added for the light skins:

<!-- Taken from fm2011 settings.xml patch 11.1 -->

<colour name="intro title" red="55" green="102" blue="154"/> <!--Title colour on intro screen -->

<!-- Taken from settings\fm colours.xml patch 11.1 -->

<!-- news item headline colours -->

<colour name="unread headline" red="9" green="53" blue="93"/>

<colour name="read headline" red="105" green="110" blue="115"/>

<colour name="selected headline" red="255" green="255" blue="255"/>

<colour name="must respond headline" red="0" green="0" blue="0"/>

<colour name="unread category" red="28" green="74" blue="116"/>

<colour name="read category" red="132" green="139" blue="145"/>

<colour name="selected category" red="212" green="216" blue="222"/>

<!-- news screen colours -->

<colour name="top news header" red="176" green="0" blue="0"/>

<colour name="news item list header" red="176" green="0" blue="0"/>

<colour name="other stories header" red="176" green="0" blue="0"/>

<colour name="contract negotiation restriction" red="176" green="0" blue="0"/>

<colour name="add manager must fill" red="176" green="0" blue="0"/>

---

Download links are in the Opening post.

I've copied the numbers in from Dave Byrds post in the attribute colours thread like I did last year and every time I start up the game I get an error at line 77 that comes up about 3 times. Eventually the game continues. I've been through the figures and it all look ok apart from the FM11 base skin has an extra 'alpha' value at the end of some lines.

Just found that when I play a match the 'pause' button was greyed out for the second half and after the game finished the 'continue' button was too. I reloaded the skin and it came back.

Sorry guys. This is my first attempt at doing something like this. I just want to change the attribute colors for the dark skin. I've copied the base 2011 dark skin folder and the base 2011 bg dark skin folder into my skins folder in C:\Users\Becanes\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins. Now I've changed the attribute colors but when I look for the skin in the drop down menu it's not there. The config file and the readme file are inside the folders. Can anyone help me with this?

Edit: Ok I think I got it. However if the config file just sits in the skins folder how do you get other skins to work as well?

You don't need a config file per skin (well the one called config.xml that sits in the skins folder anyway) that's there to stop the information in one skin applying to others and is normally installed with the game, if you downlaod a new skin you can overwrite the config.xml file, the important thing is that one is present.

Hi,

I'm trying to change the news item colors for the dark base skin with background support.

There seems to be some problem though as the changes I have made are not reflected in-game (no errors, just no changes seen at all).

Do you think it's something to do with there being a config.xml file in the settings folder?

Hello everyone,

does anybody know which xml file I need to edit to change the TV view widget sizes (ie. player ratings and motivation, assman feedback etc)? Last year it was "match full window". I tried to use this with the base bg dark skin and it messed things up.

Thanks in advance.

I'm using the FM 2011 Dark base skin and I like it a lot but when I'm in the tactics screen and I click a player to assign them a role I can't see what attributes are being highlighted. So I have to go back to the light skin, set everyone up the way I want then swap back to the dark skin.

Can you help me find what I need to edit to make the highlighted attributes (in player instructions -> role) show properly?

• 3 weeks later...
Michael, do you know where I can find the "opposition tactic person list.xml" and the "person list table.xml" files? Tried extracting panels.fmf using the resource archiver, but these two are not among the extracted files.

They should both be within the panels.fmf file located inside the data folder of where you installed FM2011 (Updated versions might be located in the fmf files within the \data\updates folder).

I'm using the FM 2011 Dark base skin and I like it a lot but when I'm in the tactics screen and I click a player to assign them a role I can't see what attributes are being highlighted. So I have to go back to the light skin, set everyone up the way I want then swap back to the dark skin.

Can you help me find what I need to edit to make the highlighted attributes (in player instructions -> role) show properly?

The higlighter is controlled by the graphics in this folder:

\graphics\table\hilight

(The one default one for the Dark Skins is located here: \skins\fm2011 dark-widgets\graphics\table\hilight you'll need to extract the skins.fmf file from the updates folder first)

If you have a highlighter you like from another skin you can copy it across to that location for the Base Skin (you'll need to create the above folders first) otherwise you'll need to extract and copy over the default images and then edit them in an image editing program.

Hi

Just looking for a bit of help really. I've noticed that with this year's skin, the white colour on the titlebar is darker? Is there any way to change this with the xml files on the base skin? I've downloaded the base skin and just want to change the white colour, so that it actually looks white and not grey.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I do not understand. In all other skins I've downloaded, there is a file inside named "graphics", within this file is the file named "backgrounds" where we can fined default background that can easily be replaced with another desired background. But the same does not apply fot this skinn. Here there is a file named "bgoverlay"and "interface". Where did background file with default background gone?? How can I change background when I dont know where default background is?

Just create the files you need. These skins are stripped down versions of the main skin for people to add their own things too. If you want to edit the default background image just create the folder in 'graphics/' called 'backgrounds' and then put your 'default.jpg' image in it.

1. Why changes in "d:\MyDocuments\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\skins\base2011_dark\panels\non player profile.xml" don't work? ‘Use Skin Cache’ is unticked, I reloaded skin and even game.

2. In players/staff search and player comparison windows default thresholds (6/11/16) are used. Where can I edit this or this is a bug?

Thanks for these, I'm a designer and I would like to dabble with the FM skins at some point because I've played CM / FM games since CM93.

It's about time I gave something back and this looks like something I'd love to give a good go. Thanks for the numerous resources in this forum category.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived