FM11: The Official Athletic Club Bilbao Thread- the "Basque National Team"

ArranoBeltza

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
great news. just starting up a game now.

Do EVERYTHING you can to sign Francisco Alcácer, but you will need to do it before the end of the transfer window or he will turn 17 (on the 30th of Aug) and therefore will fall foul of the Cantera policy. That, or Barcelona will sign him first... You'll have to say stuff in the media on day one to stand a chance of him allowing you to talk to him to negotiate in time, too...

thanks for the tip. has already signed for barca though. he wasnt intrested in talking to me when i tried. didnt think of praising in the press. never mind

should not really be the end of the world, you will prolly never have a striker shortage anyway

should not really be the end of the world, you will prolly never have a striker shortage anyway

I don't know... Not the end of the world perhaps, but for £1.7m...

alcacer21.png

Will probably graduate to first choice next season, as I'll try and cash in on what will be a 30 year old Llorente...

alcacer can indeed become a class player, that I do not dubt.

he have yet to be first chose on your save thought, and that does sort of prove my point

anyway the former Osasuna regen i was speaking about (bought for the massive fee of £2,7m):

Larranaga.png

Only because I play with one striker, and I'm just waiting for a good reason to drop Llorente, who has been magnificent.

same here, only one up front most of the time anyway, maybe thats why I feel so well stacked with strikers ;)

Larranaga looks a great replacement for the ageing Llorente. Bit of tutoring aswell may be perfect. I too did not manage to sign Alcacer who was snapped up sharply by Barcelona. It's my own regret in game so far - but thats football.

Didnt manage to play anymore last night, i'll give it a bash tonight and the weekend. Champions League here i come...

Wanna see some talent? Check out the future talent of Athletic on my save...

muniain21.png

Also:

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/santamaria17.png - Poached from Barcelona, looking good so far

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/patxi17.png - Probably the best GK I've found so far

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/martin18.png - Starts regularly now in place of Iturraspe

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/marti18.png - The next Llorente?

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/macias17.png - Another heir to Amorebieta's throne...

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/joseluis16.png - WOW. Just wow.

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/francisco17.png - Future replacement for Susaeta?

http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff417/TG_Jamie/fernandez17.png - Another ex-Barcelona starlet, check his goals tally for the u19s!!!

bit of a quick update.

have started off the season really well. no signings of note just one or 2 16 year olds that look promising. but the team has gelled well and impressed me so far.

7 games in and sitting 2nd behind barc with 4 wins and 3 draws. notable wins at home against atletico )4-0) and barca (1-0)! amorebieta with a winner from a corner late on. was a good time to play them. wer a number of 1st teamers out injured including messi, pedro and pyuol.

llorente and amorebieta lead the way in scoreing charts with 5 each.

injuries my own pain at the moment. susaeta hasnt kicked a ball and has another 3 months out with a broken foot. oscar de marcos 2 months out. and now javi martinez out for 6 months with a broken leg :-(

after some mid season jitters i recovered well to finish 3rd. some great results along the way.

bilendofs1table.jpg

llorente and amorebieta getting the majority of the goal backed up by toquero. david lopez leading the league in assists with 18 was a good achievment.

bilendofs1.jpg

best result by far:

bilvmad.jpg

after some mid season jitters i recovered well to finish 3rd. some great results along the way.

bilendofs1table.jpg

llorente and amorebieta getting the majority of the goal backed up by toquero. david lopez leading the league in assists with 18 was a good achievment.

bilendofs1.jpg

best result by far:

bilvmad.jpg

Very nice finish, great results!

Good season Barkers! You scored a good few more goals than I did in season one, though I conceded far less and picked up 8 more points ;)

To my save now, it's December 2014, still unbeaten in the league, through to the UCL Knockouts, won the Supacopa and the UEFA Supercup. Next up - Club World Cup.

yea, i let in way too many goals somehow. went through a bad stage with injuries to amorebieta and san jose and it went down hill for about 7/8 games in the middle section.

javi martinez managed only 9 apperaces due to injury in season one and those problems have carried over to season 2. 1 apperance in the first 5 games.

brought in 7 new signings in pre-season. xabier etxeita as cb back up (elche 1.1mil) and ander (zaragoza 10mil). ander although expensive i hope can help with creating chances as the midfielders i have are not the best creativity and passing wise. the rest were just a few decent looking regens from around spain.

going to stick with my 4 4 2 adaptation with one of the cms dropped to dm for the current season. used the cm as a ball winner last season but for this year im going to put ander in as an advanced playmaker. will switch back to a ball winner though for the harder games away from home or any time i play barca/madrid.

chapions league group was a bit of a kick in the teeth. U Craiova will be the whipping boys, then its Lyon and Manchester United.

so far 5 games of season 2 played:

Sevilla 0 - 0 draw at home

Barcelona 1 - 0 loss away (close game. could have snuck a point really. llorente missed a few good chances)

Rayo 3 - 0 win at home

U Craiova 3 - 1 win at home

Gimnastic 1 - 0 win away

so 4th in the league. barca loss expected and sevilla draw not the end of the world.

onwards and upwards.

Just an update on season 2.

I'm into March and sitting in 3rd position in the league. However it's much closer this time round. Barcelona and Atl Madrid are the top 2. Real Madrid in 4th but have 3 games in hand which could take them joint top if they win all three. I'm quietly confident i can improve on the 4th position last season.

I've had a much better cup run this time round. Having exited at the first stage in season 1, i have now made it through to the final where i play current holders, Real Madrid.

The champions league group consisted of Man Utd, Hapoel Tel Aviv and Fiorentina. Opened the account with a draw away to Fiorentina followed by a draw at home to Man Utd. 2 wins against Tev Aviv put me in great shape to qualify. I then defeated Fiorentina at home before a loss to Man Utd in a dead rubber. I was drawn against Liverpool in the last 16. The home leg ended 1-1 (Meireles equalised in last 5 minutes) but the away leg saw Llorente and Muniain on fire. A 5-3 away win! Once again a draw against holders Real Madrid awaits.

I signed Flano on a free, Ander 9.75m and 1 regen from Las Palmas. Also had a decent player through my academy. I'm struggling to keep hold of Llorente, he's fed up of being told 'we're to become a big club' to match his ambition. He now wants away. It's vital i win a trophy sooner rather than later. The new stadium not far away too. Orbaiz looks to be resigning as a coach. Javi Martinez also to be appointed new captain for next season. Further updates to follow...

Coming up to the end of my first season now, sitting in 6th but I'm confident of 9 points from my remaining 3 games which will hopefully see me 5th or at a large stretch 4th. Surprising, Real Sociedad are above me in 5th, they've slipped a bit recently cause they looked all season like they'd easily finish 3rd.

Alcacer has had an amazing season for my U19's, just look at this Untitled-690.png

While Muniain has hit 16 in 33 in the league so far for me, Llorente only has 9 goals from 14 apps due to a series of Knee injuries that've ruined his season.

We did it! <3

Untitled-556.png

Incredible really, 12 points from our last 4 games, on the last day it was between me, Sevilla and Real Sociedad. Sociedad won 5-0, Sevilla drew 1-1 thanks to a last minute equaliser from Espanyol and we beat Racing 2-1 thanks to an 88th minute goal from Torquero!

Hopefully as Zaragoza got relegated I can poach Ander, and also producel some youth from our Cantera ♥ Special mention to Muniain who took over after Llorente's 6 month injury to score 16 in 33 goals in the league too

Gave TG's tactic a run out with Bilbao and it's doing rather well so far ;)

4-0 away win at Villarreal, 5-1 home win against Atletico, 2-2 draw with Barcelona.

Sitting 3rd after 10 games with W6 D3 L1, if i can keep this up then Champions League is definitely on the cards.

Also got Ander coming in January for £14m as well as Bakero who cost £1m in July :cool:

Well since Zaragoza went down, they managed to spiral into debt and I picked Ander up for a bargain £2.5m. Got promising youth players through, such as Aitor Extebarria who has 4 and a half star potential!

Thinking about loaning out Alcacer after his 49 goal season for the U19's. Trying to tempt Azpilicueta for my Champions League squad but not hopeful, will post full dealings when the window shuts!

Meh i didn't get anyone through, all rubbish regens from the looks of it. Theres a 16 year old Striker at Osasuna who looks like he's potentially world-class but he's not interested in coming and theres a 16yo Basque DL at Real Madrid who's not interested either.

So basically, going into season 2 with only Ander and Bakero as the changes from the initial squad, possibly Yeste coming back too.

Arteta wants to come, but i can't afford £75k a week wages. Hopefully theres some regens next season...

I signed Yeste in the first season, did alright for me. 10 apps, 2 goals and 4 assists with an average of 6.94 but he was mostly there as a back up player. Did however get him tutoring Muniain who's looking brilliant now, trying to see if he'll tutor Martinez or someone second season.

10 days left of the window, got £15m to spend and it's looking that Azpilicueta may be able to come in, dependant on wages. His agent wants £44,000 which would make him my highest earner, I want something like £30,000 maximum which is proving difficult, we'll see.

I'd love Xabi, shame he's on 5x my highest earners wage though :D

Azpilicueta, £13.5m + £39,000 a week wages is tempting me, could help our CL campaign, with Iraola demoted to back-up. Would break my wage structure though :/

Yeah it's brilliant. Last season Llorente played in 15 games scoring 11 goals cause of injury, although Muniain more than made up for it. If Muniain can keep that form up, and Llorente can stay fit we should get Europe again.

Untitled-2477.png

Frees that left were either Youthies or Reserve players eating up the wage bill, Diaz de Cerio wouldn't have featured with Torquero, Velez, Llorente and Muniain above him, same with Lopez. Alcacer and Santano have gone in search of first-team experience.

Coming in was Larrea, free transfer that'll just provide a bit of cover for Martinez, Ander and Urritaspe. Ander for £2.9m was too good to turn down (thank you Zaragoza's debt problems!) and Azpilicueta was a touch and go thing, managed to unsettle him enough to sack his agent who wanted £71,000 per week multimillion fees and £15k appearance bonus. Once he sacked his agent I got him on £18,000 a week (he HATED Deschamps :p)

Oh and beat Porto on away goals to get into the Group Stages of the CL, Grasshopper, Man United and Bordeaux in the group, we have a chance!

Just matter of interest how comes there seems to be quite an amount of British people who manage Athletic Bilbao?

Well, for one, most of the people who play this game are British. Second, I feel that Athletic creates a unique challenge that can be appealing to people.

Archived