FM11: The Official Athletic Club Bilbao Thread- the "Basque National Team"

ArranoBeltza

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really, I hardly sign real players as Athetic anyway...

Same here.

I must say, it is a bit more difficult with Real Sociedad being in the top division, but there are still pretty good Basque players to be had for relatively cheap. However, I largely sign U-16 players, so...yeah.

Maybe someone knows. I am more of a lower league manager... do one of you guys know if there is a lower league team in Spain which also has this Basque only rule? That would be a good challenge.

Thanks

I tried that with Barakaldo C.F on FM10, getting promoted to the Liga BBVA. Apparently they can sign non-Basque players, but it let me filter them out in player search.

I might try Athletic this year.

Also, Barakaldo and some other clubs get only Basque players through their youth setup.

Maybe someone knows. I am more of a lower league manager... do one of you guys know if there is a lower league team in Spain which also has this Basque only rule? That would be a good challenge.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I am fairly certain that Athletic is the only team in the game that has a Basques-only rule. However, there are many Basque clubs in the lower leagues: Alaves, Barakaldo, Gernika, Sestao River Club, Eibar, Arenas Club de Getxo, Lemona, and Real Union- these among many others. There is also Aviron Bayonne in France.

As Romanista said, I believe these clubs can filter Basque players, and all of their newgens get Basque nationality.

Well, I restarted for what should be the last time. Here are the transfers:

2010AthleticTransfers.jpg

Pedro Jesus is a newgen, here's a screen (I'll be keeping an eye on this kid's development):

pedrojesus2010.jpg

So far, so good in the season- won the first match against Hercules 4-2, then came back home to beat Atletico Madrid 3-0. Igor Gabilondo has three goals for me already!!!!

I want to play more, but I'm too damn tired and I want to wake up in time to watch the REAL Athletic play tomorrow!

Started today. First friendly vs Zamudio 8-0. 1 Hattrick from Muniain, 1 from Martínez and 3 assists from Llorente <3.

Finally i'm playing with Bilbao, I was waiting for the fix :D

This time I won't buy Ander for 20M, i'll try to unsettle him first.

What training are you guys using? I've tried to make my own, to no avail, and I have downloaded another, but I don't see any movement on my players' attributes and, in fact, some of Muniain's went down!

I'm using the standard training. Muniain is improving...

And, 3-1 win away to Sevilla, Muniain assisting all three :)

15532833.jpg

:cool:

Llorente <3. 1 goal/1 assist :D

Athletic is 7th already.

Very nice!

I just finished that match and Amorebieta scored off of a corner. Things were looking good, but then Gurpegi got himself a straight red in the first half- the game ended as a 5-1 loss. Still, I'm in 8th place- not so bad.

I'm using the standard training. Muniain is improving...

And, 3-1 win away to Sevilla, Muniain assisting all three :)

I may go back to standard training- it did well for me in the demo...

Also, I don't know about you guys, but both Susaeta and Gabilondo are tearing it up for me.

In 13 competitive matches:

Gabilondo has 5 goals, 1 MoM, and an average rating of 7.12

Susaeta has 3 goals, 9 assists, 2 MoM, and an average rating of 7.33

By the way, I just moved up to 5th place after a 4-1 win over Osasuna, on the back of an Iker Muniain brace.

I sold Gurpegi and bought this guy, younger and better in my opinion:

89091367.jpg

Didn't expect anything from him but he's developing well.

@TacticalGenius

Yes, there are A LOT of yellow and red cards, unrealistic.

Good player- I bought him in a couple of my saves that I never continued (damn yellow card bug). Personally, though, I prefer this kid:

jesuspastor.jpg

Also, as far as cards- I think it has to do with the team. Athletic gets a lot of them IRL.

2-1 over Osasuna, 5th too :p

Susaeta isn't THAT good for me, just regular. 11 games, 1 assist, 6.8. He's the right winger in a 4-4-2.

Gabilondo the same thing, 6.91, 12 games, 1 goal and 1 assist, left winger.

If you instruct your team to "exploit the flanks" in-game, they'll kick some ass!

Is it just me, or are there way too many yellows given in FM11?

it was worse in the demo, now it mostly seams to be insane amounts in rival matches which is almost kinda suitable (it surly dont help if you play in Italy thought)

then again my tactics thend to be on the agressive side, maybe a more concervative aproch would work better now

JANUARY TRANSFERS UPDATE:

I brought in Ander for $20.5mil, and brought back Yeste for $2.6mil. I moved Ander into the MCL spot (formerly JaviMar's slot) and switched the role to advanced playmaker, and moved JaviMar over to the ball-winning MCR slot. I figure Yeste can act as cover for Ander's role, though now I have too many CMs so I'm going to look to get rid of Igor Martinez, as he doesn't fit well into my team (though maybe I'll see if he's useful in Ander's slot) and one or two of Merino/Gurpegi/Orbaiz.

Ander's debut match was a 6-0 victory against Deportivo thanks to a brace from Susaeta, a hat-trick from Llorente, and an extra goal from San Jose. Ander ended with a 7.6 rating- I am pleased :)

Just bought Néstor Susaeta, Markel's brother, plays in the same position and looks a good player despite his stamina. Susaeta will be backup for Susaeta :p

I'm praying for Zaragoza and Osasuna be relegated, so i can buy Ander and Monreal for a low price. They are 19th and 20th atm :p

Has anyone played muniun amc? If so is he any good?

I haven't tried it in FM11, as I play a 4-4-2. However, in FM10 I played him there sometimes as a second choice AMC when he got old in my 4-4-2 diamond. He was pretty good.

However, he can do pretty well as an inside forward at AML.

Archived