FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

Anyone know why the likes of Fabio Aurelio and Lucas (amongst others) are rated by Sammy Lee and the rest of the coaches as 3 star players??? Lucas even has potential to be a 'quality player'. How absurd is that?? Do the coaches know nothing!? Some players stats are far too good, e.g. Lucas, Jovanovic, Poulsen etc....not that that's a bad thing, but not particularly realistic.... Danny Wilson also has 2.5 stars for CA, which is strange considering he doesn't get a look-in IRL.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well done on the squad review, similar to what i would have put myself some of it identical :D

where did you hear this about being his last game tonight anyway and who is replacing him?

Well i wasnt gonna ask for your opinions then not use any of it :D

Just on the grapevine in work plus had a few mates phone me up but Liverpool is a rumor city so see what happens

Anyway back on topic might just stick with the squad i have or just sell 1 or 2 players cant be bothered signing loads of players as it only the demo but might get a list ready for the full game

Very much liking the demo.

Started as Liverpool, of course. Trying to see what I can do with the squad I have, not really trying to off load too many players. First two games scored 4 in each, but in the second Torres out for 4 months - so, could be an interesting half of a season! lol

Alright lads on till midnight as am in work early tomorrow (in all weekend aswell :()

Good thread lfc7 :thup:

Mind you with this thread you could have just put a title and left it blank and it would still be the busiest thread.

Thanks its the first time ive done a club thread

my favourite new feature is definately the live chat system with agents, player interactions and board meetings.

horrible performance v napoli tonight, babel needs to be sold and hodgeson out.

Havent got that far yet

Any chance of a screenshot from someone?

89382771.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just sorted me tactic not going to be too bothered about selling and buying loads as i wont be carrying this save on so will use it to sort me tactics (if i can) and make a shorlist for the full game

Cheers for the screenshot mate.

No worries

Finding it very hard to sell anyone. brought in Turan, Coentrao and bedalj so far but want to add at least 2 more. Looking forward to the full game with the new owners. at least we'll have some cash to start with

Is a patch getting released on day 1?

Sold Babel for £5.75m, brought in Fabio Coentrao for £3m, Webo and Lukaku :)

Playing 4-4-1-1

Reina

Johnson - Agger - Skrtel - Coentrao

Kuyt - Poulson - Meireles - Cole

Gerrard

Torres

Rigid, short passing, control strategy. Pretty flexible formation, can easily be converted into a 4-4-2, or a 4-2-3-1. Made a few tweaks to the individual instructions, for example even on ball winner - defend, Poulson was playing too high, so I've reduced his mentality. Also made Joe Cole cut in from the left. All players to take long shots rarely. Unsure if I'm going to change the centre backs to stopper/cover or keep them on defend/defend. Got a few easy games to start the league off, so I'll still be tweaking then.

Good morning lads Loading up my game now wont carry on when the full game comes out love the new features playing my 1st game 3rd rd quli of the europa league.Great squad review LFC :)

Thanks glenn what formation you going with mate ? am making my own 4-2-3-1 basically the tactic that you start off with but i have changed a lot of stuff

Rumours going round that Frank Rijkaard is being sounded out about the manager position and its rumored that RH to be gone by end of week

I heard that yday aswell

Sold Babel for £5.75m, brought in Fabio Coentrao for £3m, Webo and Lukaku :)

Playing 4-4-1-1

Reina

Johnson - Agger - Skrtel - Coentrao

Kuyt - Poulson - Meireles - Cole

Gerrard

Torres

Rigid, short passing, control strategy. Pretty flexible formation, can easily be converted into a 4-4-2, or a 4-2-3-1. Made a few tweaks to the individual instructions, for example even on ball winner - defend, Poulson was playing too high, so I've reduced his mentality. Also made Joe Cole cut in from the left. All players to take long shots rarely. Unsure if I'm going to change the centre backs to stopper/cover or keep them on defend/defend. Got a few easy games to start the league off, so I'll still be tweaking then.

Good luck with the save

Thanks glenn what formation you going with mate ? am making my own 4-2-3-1 basically the tactic that you start off with but i have changed a lot of stuff

I heard that yday aswell

Good luck with the save

Hi mate im using the same tactics from FM 2010 im tempted to make tactics that Kenny used when we were a force in the 80s 4-4-1-1 on the Demo im gonna try them out.Love the set pieces creator.

Let us know when you guys get to 5 European Cups or better yet, when Rooney is found drinking champagne out of it with a hooker.

No team has a divine right to be good all the time, no team deserves to be in the Champions League, why are Liverpool so different. Got nothing against you, I'd say it to any team. I supported you guys in Istanbul, I was a Liverpool fan that night celebrating as much as you guys probably were.

And I don't know what Rooney has to do with things, I'd rather we didn't sign him to be honest.

No team has a divine right to be good all the time, no team deserves to be in the Champions League, why are Liverpool so different. Got nothing against you, I'd say it to any team. I supported you guys in Istanbul, I was a Liverpool fan that night celebrating as much as you guys probably were.

And I don't know what Rooney has to do with things, I'd rather we didn't sign him to be honest.

Didn't say that we had a right, but it is where everyone involved with LFC believes we should be and that is the standard. I was just messing with you about Rooney, a little trash talk is all.

Didn't say that we had a right, but it is where everyone involved with LFC believes we should be and that is the standard. I was just messing with you about Rooney, a little trash talk is all.

Yeah true, when you've been there before I bet you'd want to get back there. Being a City fan we've not been there yet to know what it's like :p

Bet you lot are enjoying the Rooney saga as much as we are aren't you?

"Getting back to where we were" may have been a better name. You don't belong at the top, no team does.

What i meant was are used to being a top side so thats basically where we want to be it just seems weird us not being in the champions league we need to get back to where we are used to belonging

What i meant was are used to being a top side so thats basically where we want to be it just seems weird us not being in the champions league we need to get back to where we are used to belonging

Yeah sorry mate, took it the wrong way a little bit. Get what you mean + nice thread, great detail. Reckon it could be a good game on FM, get some success back to Liverpool, considering City might be a bit boring and easy.

Just playing my first competitive game. Away to Molde in Europa League qualifier. 5-0 up after 23 minutes. absolutely ecstatic. Stevie has bagged a hat-trick.

Made no sales, 1 purchase, Pires on a free. Seeing how players perform and then make decisons on who goes/stays for full game.

Yeah sorry mate, took it the wrong way a little bit. Get what you mean + nice thread, great detail. Reckon it could be a good game on FM, get some success back to Liverpool, considering City might be a bit boring and easy.

Thanks

And one minutes after my last post, after bagging a hat-trick. Stevie gets sent off for a lunge.
Joe Cole got a hattrick on his Prem debut :D Torres got 2 assists and a goal, and Gerrard got 2 assists in a 4-0 win against Wolves at home. Blackpool away now.

What formations you playing?

Well after spending the last hour creating my 4 tactics, setting up who does what in the training I'm finally ready to go.

Decided against signing or selling anyone as I'm going to see how well I can do with the team we have, which on paper doesn't look to bad on FM.

First game against the reserves has finished 3-1; Nando, Robinson (OG) and Gerrard putting us ahead then T.Ince pulling one back in the last minutes!! :thup:

Well after spending the last hour creating my 4 tactics, setting up who does what in the training I'm finally ready to go.

Decided against signing or selling anyone as I'm going to see how well I can do with the team we have, which on paper doesn't look to bad on FM.

First game against the reserves has finished 3-1; Nando, Robinson (OG) and Gerrard putting us ahead then T.Ince pulling one back in the last minutes!! :thup:

Alright mate 4 tactics :eek:

Am struggling to sort 1 but i cant help me self when ive sorted one outy if i see something i dont like am always change stuff might make 2 tactics and stick with them for a bit and see how they go

Plus i only started making my own tactics on fm 10

dont know if u lot are getting this, or whether its my PC not up to scratch, my settings or whether its just the fact its the demo, but when you click on tactics the player markers dont show?? anyone else

Alright mate 4 tactics :eek:

Am struggling to sort 1 but i cant help me self when ive sorted one outy if i see something i dont like am always change stuff might make 2 tactics and stick with them for a bit and see how they go

Plus i only started making my own tactics on fm 10

Yeah, 4! I've got my 4-3-2-1 for most matches, 4-4-2 for easier games, 4-5-1 defensive against top teams where I may need to counter and some crazy 3-3-4 if I need to get some goals!

Obviously that includes wingers in all of them except the defensive one.

Yeah I never used to bother creating tactics in the creator but thought it was time to advance with the game :p

Gunna have to go bed though as I'm up early but I shall be on tomorrow afternoon after I go do a few things!

Good luck with your saves, and bring on NESV in the retail first day patch!

Also heard that NESV will reject any offers for Torres if the mancs decided to come in with a offer, but surly they know it wouldn't happen anyway!

Cya later mate off myself up early for work :(

jack0923 Am making my own 4-2-3-1 myself i dont have much experience with tactics but will appreciate it more when i win with my own tactics

Later lads be back on about 8.30 PM tomorrow

I know what you mean, for too long I've used other people's tactics. Much more rewarding making it yourself (well I've found that so far as I haven't lost yet!)

Babel and Jovanovic both proving useful for me at the moment. Also giving Suso, Spearing, Shelvey, Kelly and Pacheco some game time.

Gerrard just got injured while with England for 2 months :(

Liverpool had a few clear cut chances but didn't make the most of them? Riiiiight...

dancranenewsinbox.th.png

blackburnvliverpoolstat.th.png

We had one shot, which was from Agger at a corner, which was cleared off the line but hit Robinson and flew into the net :D Well, a win is a win!

will just be using the demo for tactics to see what will work. made my usual 433/451 formation last night. lost my first friendly 5-4 but won the rest easily enough without conceding. played the 2 qualifying rounds for the Europa league winning all the games 2-0 and played 2 league games

1-0 win against Wolves and then BLACPOOL beat me 4-1 away. shocker of a game.

think i will try and create a 4411 formation with a shorter passing game. hard to get too many players in as selling has been difficult so far. only sold the greek which allowed me to get in Coentrao and brought turan and Bedalj in over 48months, Had to adjust budgets to allow for that. want to sell babel and maxi to raise funds but only getting loan offers which are no use to me.

while i like the new contract negotiations it has gotten on my nerves a little bit with the agent fee's and alot of messing about trying to figure out what to offer, prefered the simple approach of the other games where the players demands were there and you agreed or changed them yourself. i reckon the agents fees will effect a few games where money is tight.

really liking the player interaction. havent had a chance to look into the training side of the game yet

while i like the new contract negotiations it has gotten on my nerves a little bit with the agent fee's and alot of messing about trying to figure out what to offer, prefered the simple approach of the other games where the players demands were there and you agreed or changed them yourself. i reckon the agents fees will effect a few games where money is tight.

really liking the player interaction. havent had a chance to look into the training side of the game yet

Yeah the agents are greedy ****! Carraghers agent wanted 1M, when I was giving him a wage cut, ended up giving signing on fee 750k and the agent took 500k.

I loved being able to tell Itandje who's boss that he needed to just **** off.

Archived