FM11: Liverpool FC Thread: Getting Back To Where We Belong

lfc7

Yeah i agree more fun making your own tactics used the old ones from FM 2010 was to easy so i tried something diffrent i may even try a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 to see what suits my team when i full game comes out im gonna sell pointless doing it here when 1 its a demo 2 i want NESV in the game.

I was thinking of making a 4-3-3 aswell as i made one on fm10 and it done alright just something to switch to aswell

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here we go just lost Nando for 2 months now 3 wont use Nando or Gerrard in the 1st few rds of the europa league quli either.

Torres seems to get injured quite a lot on my save

FFS my demo has just crashed its friggin twice thats happened now i had just beat Braga 3-0 away aswell bet i will have to play it again :mad:

Does anyone else have games where Fernando just puts the team on his back and wins games basically by himself? He did it every once in awhile for me in FM 10 and it seems like he's going to do it again this year. For example I was playing a Europa league match and I was away and the home team, can't remember who at the moment, scored a quick goal about 4 minutes in. I gave a rousing half time speech and Fernando went out and got a hat trick between the 70th and 80th minute. I like to think myself he said, "F--k it. Time to die opposing team back four."

He would be the perfect striker in this game if he didn't get injured so damn often.

Does anyone else have games where Fernando just puts the team on his back and wins games basically by himself? He did it every once in awhile for me in FM 10 and it seems like he's going to do it again this year. For example I was playing a Europa league match and I was away and the home team, can't remember who at the moment, scored a quick goal about 4 minutes in. I gave a rousing half time speech and Fernando went out and got a hat trick between the 70th and 80th minute. I like to think myself he said, "F--k it. Time to die opposing team back four."

He would be the perfect striker in this game if he didn't get injured so damn often.

He can't seem to score for me he gets loads of one on ones but hits it straight at the keeper

Just in work at the moment can't be bothered

He can't seem to score for me he gets loads of one on ones but hits it straight at the keeper

Just in work at the moment can't be bothered

How are you playing him LFC ? i have him as a Advanced forward in attack mode.

ive had my look around, i wont be as ative now until i get the full version. i might spend a little bit of time developing training schedlules and the like but nothing extensive.

No worries mate can't wait till nov 5th

Finished in an above expectations 2nd on my first 6 month playthrough.

Luckily Torres and Gerrard stayed Injury free and that helped so so much as they seemed to carry the team like IRL :)

Played a 4-3-3 variant which has a CMd, CMs(deeplying playmaker) AMR/L/C and Striker. Cole was AML(playmaker attack) for 80% of the games as i sold Babel and Jova was terrible (will sell him in all other games...terrible concentration). Merieles and Shelvey rotated as the deeplying playmaker in CM and both did very well. Normally i prefer Gerrard in CM but with the lack of quality in our squad i hadto play him AMC.

Only players i bough was Finnan for free as backup Right back and Contreau as Left back. Note that he will get homesick so i may not buy him on the full game, tho he did very well.

Lucas was great as CMd, many people dismiss him because hes restricted in his play IRL, but he has great passing, techinque and creativity which i like in all my players along with his good defensive stats.

Once i get some top wingers/inside fowards i will prolly go 1 DM and 2 attacking CMs with striker playing as a false 9.

Finished in an above expectations 2nd on my first 6 month playthrough.

Luckily Torres and Gerrard stayed Injury free and that helped so so much as they seemed to carry the team like IRL :)

Played a 4-3-3 variant which has a CMd, CMs(deeplying playmaker) AMR/L/C and Striker. Cole was AML(playmaker attack) for 80% of the games as i sold Babel and Jova was terrible (will sell him in all other games...terrible concentration). Merieles and Shelvey rotated as the deeplying playmaker in CM and both did very well. Normally i prefer Gerrard in CM but with the lack of quality in our squad i hadto play him AMC.

Only players i bough was Finnan for free as backup Right back and Contreau as Left back. Note that he will get homesick so i may not buy him on the full game, tho he did very well.

Lucas was great as CMd, many people dismiss him because hes restricted in his play IRL, but he has great passing, techinque and creativity which i like in all my players along with his good defensive stats.

Once i get some top wingers/inside fowards i will prolly go 1 DM and 2 attacking CMs with striker playing as a false 9.

Well in

Finished the demo.

Currently lying 4th in the league, 1 point behind Man Utd in third. Still in Euro Cup and in League Cup Semi against Chelsea.

Only just bought in any players at the opening of Jan market:

endofdemotransfers.gif

Thanks to a tycoon I could afford to bolster my team, just left with the need for a right back and then I'll be happy. Trying to off load Jovanovic and Poulsen and maybe a couple of others.

Top scorer is Gerrard (13) followed by; Babel (11), Torres (10) & N'Gog (9)

Most disappointing players are Agger & Carragher. The former hates me for some reason and the latter isn't playing well at all. Hence singing Samba...

Most surprisingly good players are Babel & N'Gog.

Usually I start a new game when I get the full version but the tycoon and how much I've enjoyed the demo game I think I'll keep it going and see what happens. :D

Alright lads off work for 2 days now :) (although i have some painting to do for tyhe 2 days am off)

Finished the demo.

Currently lying 4th in the league, 1 point behind Man Utd in third. Still in Euro Cup and in League Cup Semi against Chelsea.

Only just bought in any players at the opening of Jan market:

endofdemotransfers.gif

Thanks to a tycoon I could afford to bolster my team, just left with the need for a right back and then I'll be happy. Trying to off load Jovanovic and Poulsen and maybe a couple of others.

Top scorer is Gerrard (13) followed by; Babel (11), Torres (10) & N'Gog (9)

Most disappointing players are Agger & Carragher. The former hates me for some reason and the latter isn't playing well at all. Hence singing Samba...

Most surprisingly good players are Babel & N'Gog.

Usually I start a new game when I get the full version but the tycoon and how much I've enjoyed the demo game I think I'll keep it going and see what happens. :D

Well done Tycoon :thup:

Torres has 12 goals in 7 appearances for me so far. Although 4 of the appearances are Europa qualifying games so the number might be inflated a little. I'm playing him in the Poacher role and he's been excellent.

He hasnt really hit any form for me as he is always injured

Just been beat 4-3 by Blackpool. Blackpool of all teams to get beat by.

Unlucky mate keep going

Liverpool 2-2 Birmingham

I just seem to be drawing all me games

Plus Torres and cole are always injured

Torres gets injured for 3 wks then when he comes back i let his fitness build up before i play him then he only last the 1st half of his first game back then is injured again what a ****en joke

Signed Torres for Man City and he has hardly been injured, just had a 1 week layout. Maybe it's because I'm dropping him from easier games thats keeping him fit.

Just wanna say I'm playing Torres as a Complete striker and he is setting up and scoring quite a few in a 4-2-3-1 system, which I think would suit liverpool too.

How much did he cost you ?

Good morning lads waking up here & loading my game happy with todays win & Nando finally scoring :p

Alright mate am also happy with the win the team played a lot lot better

Back to fm am trying to make a 4-3-3 as my 4-2-3-1 isnt going to well

Alright mate am also happy with the win the team played a lot lot better

Back to fm am trying to make a 4-3-3 as my 4-2-3-1 isnt going to well

Yeah when my demo finshes im gonna try a 4-3-3 tactic may even try a 4-2-4 may use it when im trying to go for a quick win & 5-3-2 use a sweeper so the demo is a good idea to test them

By the way I hope Mr Hodgson now realises that if we defend a higher line and press all over the pitch we'll give ourselves a better chance of winning games. It was refreshing to see us play a completely different style today. It puts an end to the nonsense that he's inherited a crap team. We have a decent squad it's just Hodgson and his shithouse tactics which is to surrender possession, camp outside our 18 yard line and allow teams to come at us.

Am gonna start the demo again as it crashed and went back 4 games

I went in prefrences and it is on save monthly :mad:

Cant be bothered playing all them games again plus i can use my new tactic from the start

just trying to set up tactics and a players shortlist and get an idea of what players will cost me. started a game with real madrid just to see how much would need to be bid for a couple of the better players that i want. marchisio from Juve was only 10m. great for DLP

Marchisio would be great for liverpool, finally someone to replace alonso, a snip at 10m, i noticed thisnyear that transfers are alot more realistic pricewise instead of clubs asking silly money and its great, was thinking of signing marchisio myself when the full game comes out, but will have too see how much money i get as 2 wingers a left back and a striker are the priority.

Gunna leave getting my face packs and badges and kits until the full game, are there links for some good ones on this site ?
Yeah im waiting for the full game as well i like Nandos new hairstyle lol try the skining forum section may be some links there.I want compertion logos as i still have the logo for the UEFA cup club logos should work fine.

Archived