WC so far good or bad experience?

wc so far good or bad?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. wc so far good or bad?

• good
    • bad
    • ok
    • will get alot better

Really enjoying it, it's been better than I thought actually - despite a couple of dull games. Looking forward to Netherlands-Denmark in a moment. I think the WC is going to harm my exam performance greatly :D I've sacrificed Japan-Cameroon for revision though.

I've enjoyed it a lot apart from the France v Uruguay game, which was pretty boring.

Pretty boring!? It made my eyes bleed!

Too many teams are playing cautious, negative football. Thankfully, Germany shown a bit of class and hopefully Holland continue that today. On the current evidence though, it's not been the best start to a WC.

away from all the vuvuzelas and the slightly poor games at times, the major gripe for me so far in the tournament is the utterly pointless slo-mo replays you keep getting from FIFA (or whoever the host broadcaster is) it's fine if they are trying to see if somebody is offside or if the ball was over the line - showing a slow motion keeper save or somebody putting their thumb up in 5 different frames is just pointless.

Surely somebody will tell them to lay off on it because it is actually slightly irritating to watch. As shown by the England/USA game, they were going to replays when the game was ongoing and it just looked like some really bad amateur producer work

Games haven't been very good (besides Germany, Serbia and South Korea games), the Vuvuzela thing is completely terrible (can't they make a differnet noise when their teams score) but nevertheless, it's a WC and when better teams start to face each other, it will get better.

I've never understood why professional footballers or more to the point FAs, moan about the balls. they're not exactly going from kicking a medicine ball to kicking a beach ball ffs.

We were given any old ***** at PE and used whatever ball looked the best when kicking a ball around the public park. No matter which ball we used, the good players still managed to skin those of us that were pish (me included).

Surely it's not too difficult for a professional footballer to adapt to a new ball after a few toe bashers?

away from all the vuvuzelas and the slightly poor games at times, the major gripe for me so far in the tournament is the utterly pointless slo-mo replays you keep getting from FIFA (or whoever the host broadcaster is) it's fine if they are trying to see if somebody is offside or if the ball was over the line - showing a slow motion keeper save or somebody putting their thumb up in 5 different frames is just pointless.

Surely somebody will tell them to lay off on it because it is actually slightly irritating to watch. As shown by the England/USA game, they were going to replays when the game was ongoing and it just looked like some really bad amateur producer work

Pretty sure these are for the benefit of those with HD TVs. I agree too, they add absolutely nothing to the experience.

Archived