The year 2074

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is that?

Just look at the World Cup hosts for example - all the same nations. With talks that Qatar are going to host a WC and who knows who else you don't see any variety as years pass by in FM.

Same goes for Euro Cups and CL and everything. And that's just 1 example.

Just look at the World Cup hosts for example - all the same nations. With talks that Qatar are going to host a WC and who knows who else you don't see any variety as years pass by in FM.

Same goes for Euro Cups and CL and everything. And that's just 1 example.

Yeah of course, Australia and China are all the same old world cup hosting nations? Amongst others.

You really are a glass half empty kind of guy aren't you Vermundr?

Why is that?
Yeah of course, Australia and China are all the same old world cup hosting nations? Amongst others.

You really are a glass half empty kind of guy aren't you Vermundr?

Yeah 3 examples for 70 years justifies it perfectly you are so right.

4 new hosts in 16 competitions (64 years) is actually not a bad ratio if you ask me. Yes they have favoured the US and Argentina slightly and yes they haven't been back to Africa, but other than that FIFA are well dodgy anyway and will always have favourites. Its not so bad.

No massive surprises...

tamworth4.jpg

Aston Villa, Zaragoza, Portsmouth, Forrest, Palace being so high and chelse and man utd being so low count as pretty big surprises imo.

Do you have a job/life/girlfriend/eat/drink/go to the toilet/leave the computer screen??

This is an FM09 save. He's played 60 days worth of FM in 20 months (since it came out?) so that's only 3 days a month... which is only a two or three hours a day on FM. We all have 8-hour stints no?

So I think there's plenty of room to earn a living, do the misses, randomly socialize, eat, drink, poo, wee and leave computer screens.

fantastic game mate.......

been an arsenal fan im very happy.. and been scottish this is really somthing to see us actualy doing well by the time i die ahaha i might still live to see them win a world cup

Agree. the world was so different in 1946 let alone football, we can't even imagine 2074. 2074, China and India will be the world powers and likely be the football powers as well.

Ok, going to try to answer as many questions as possible.

First of all, yes, I'm married, got kids and a job. I the only reason I have so much time played is because it's FM 09 and sometimes it's left on when I go to bed. heh.

Q. Is Man Utd still in massive debt?

A. Nope, due to heavy sponsorship, despite their lowley league positions, they were able to buy their way back up.

Q. How did San Marino and Vanatu do so well?

A. I loaded up the San Marinese players, but not the Vanatu ones. No idea. I still have a couple of San Marino national players in my Tamworth squad. (worth about 500k each)

Q. Have Coventry played in the top flight at all recently?

A. Apart from 2048/49, they have been a strictly Championship/League 1 club. Still playing in the Ricoh, but no debts.

Q. St Mirren?

A. Constant in the SPL. Won the Scottish Cup a few times too. Personally, I spent a six-month period there, saved them from relegation. Once I did that, the board expected me to challenge for Europe, so I declined a new contract.

Q. How's African footie doing?

A. Not too well. I won the Africa Cup of Nations with Ghana, but there's a real lack of quality regens.

Q. Do Celtic still play at Celtic Park?

A. Yep. 60k seats.

Q. Aren't Turkey meant to be the future footballing superpower?

A. I managed Turkey for a 4-year period, and although they have decent players, they never really do much better than qualify for the major tournaments. I exceeded expectations by getting them into the knockout stages.

Couple of answered questions then.

Snapshot of league 1.

league1.jpg

And a history of what happened with England.

england1.jpg

Yes, I managed them for a bit. Did ok, but got a little tired of the international management.

Love the way it thought Paul Ince would be any good at management.

Archived