Do people lie in this forum?

I think that most would lie, and would only be proved wrong if they provided me with hard evidence (screenshots)

Can I provide my screenshot...to prove that I am not lying? I won 100% of the 600 games or so that I managed...but that was through blatant cheating! Does this count? :D At least I must be credited for NOT being bored from winning! :D

Can I provide my screenshot...to prove that I am not lying? I won 100% of the 600 games or so that I managed...but that was through blatant cheating! Does this count? :D At least I must be credited for NOT being bored from winning! :D

And my record win was "only" about 46-0 or 47-0! :D Have been winning consistently 30 to 40 zero for the past 600 games; EVERY game, except in those games I am not been able to manage the opposition team! :D

It is hard depending on what you know about the game.

Technically speaking, the game is indeed hard if one does not cheat and manages a low rep team with no money and with attribute masking! And also if one does not use the editor! It takes many years of dedication to become truly great in this game!

Successive promotions are possible due to the fact that you can sign some crazy foreign players. If you load all players from Reunion for example they are all on part time contracts and can be signed for free. They are good enough for league one but will come to BSN/BSS, they will rip the leagues apart and from then on it's about good management. I never cheated once and got successive promotions from BSN to league one, I spent an extra season there and then went to the EPL.

There are people that lie on these forums, as someone said it's human nature to lie and deceive.

Technically speaking, the game is indeed hard if one does not cheat and manages a low rep team with no money and with attribute masking! And also if one does not use the editor! It takes many years of dedication to become truly great in this game!

Yes, you're so funny.

Well, as far as I am concerned, I never lie in these forums! I am playing Football Manager for about 7 seasons with about 600 games in total, including international games and have a 100% record......but that is through sheer blatant cheating! :D

At least I am honest here! I am actually the worst Football Manager gamer!!! The ant-Christ of Football Manager! :D

So in conclusion, I definitely DO NOT belong to the LLM forums! I am the antithesis of everything which has been told in deep reverence there! :D

I was actually talking with a guy yesterday or the day before who had won straight promotions from BSS to the Premiership. That's:

Won BSS, Won BSP, Won League 2, Won League 1, Won Championship = in Premiership. He said he didn't edit the game or cheat in any way, and I should take that on face value and believe it (seeing as it affects my own enjoyment not one iota), but how is that possible?

Is that a lie, is it even feasible? You'd have to be a managerial genius as well as have the most remarkable luck in signings to achieve such a feat. Again I'll reiterate that I'm not putting the fella down or calling him a cheat, and he (and everyone else) can play the game as they wish with no consequence to the rest of us, but claims like that make me feel hugely inferior in the managerial department :(

It is indeed virtually impossible to win successive promotions from the BSS to the Premiership. That guy is just pulling your leg! If he had done that, then, he must be cheating, no doubt about it. To make this story even more incredible, he won every league division!

This has also not happened in the history of real life football!

Please DO not feel inferior in the management department because of this! Even experienced players will state that it is virtually impossible to achieve this....unless you cheat! (But that is a different story altogether!)

Did the guy show you his game?

We get it, you cheat and you win a lot of games.

The only impressive thing is the dedication it takes to do such a thing.

Well, the reason is because one fine day, I would like to give an ultimatum to the board and see whether they would sack me, despite my "pseudo-impressive" perfect record! :D If they do, then I would say that this game is kind of unrealistic because which board would ever sack a manager with a 100% record?

Is it even possible to become bigger than the club? Only time will tell!. I gave an ultimatum just a few days ago, (I am managing Manchester United for the past 7 seasons with a 100% win record) and I still got sacked! Despite being a legend in my club now, the board still dared to sack the "untouchable" manager!

So, I had to revert the game back to my earlier save! Perhaps, I will be doing the same after 12 to 15 seasons time and see if the board will still dare to sack me despite going to have a 100% win record for 12 seasons! This is going to be fun! :D

The game isn't exactly hard. anything can be done.

Your lying right there!

You cannot win the Champions League in the first season with Swindon.

Well, lying in a forum just to make virtual people admire you for your achievements in a computer game is one of the most pitiable things I've ever heard. :D Why would anyone do that?

On the other hand, winning the CL and signing superstars with a club of a small town starting from the 6th tier is something that should never ever happen in a realistic football management game. Not in 5 years, neither in 50 years. However, this is another topic.

Well, lying in a forum just to make virtual people admire you for your achievements in a computer game is one of the most pitiable things I've ever heard. :D Why would anyone do that?

On the other hand, winning the CL and signing superstars with a club of a small town starting from the 6th tier is something that should never ever happen in a realistic football management game. Not in 5 years, neither in 50 years. However, this is another topic.

The meteoric rise of Hoffenheim may have you eating those words in a few years, admittedly it has slowed somewhat but they piled through several tiers of the German leagues to get to the Bundesliga.

To be honest I dont give a fcuk whether or not people believe me. If I say I achieved something on FM there are people coming up and questioning it. If you don't believe me thats fine just go annoy someone else then. Too many people on this board criticising people and calling ''cheat'' every five mins.

If you achieve something and post it here then good for you. Why should someone question you?

My penis is 50 miles long :D

Ha ha!!

I prefer not to boast about my achievements on here, because people don't believe them anyway.

People who do cheat at the game can carry on, doesn't bother me as they are only cheating themselves.

I use FMRTE, I won't deny it

But I try too keep it's use within reason when doing anything directly related to my team

If anything, I use it more too correct errors/bugs and to give myself more of a challenge - aka increase PA and hidden stats of newly acquired youths in the ranks of AI teams, also to keep certain older players in the game

I also will look at future transfers, and bring forward any transfers of any free players that can't move until they are 18 (ie. prevent lose of stats while waiting 2/3 years to move lol)

I would also increase league related stats that increase/decrease reputation and buying power, but FMRTE has that feature in a state of not working, and won't probably be fixed for sometime

Concerning my own self, I use mini-FMRTE simply to view potential (I have CA hidden), in-depth reputation numbers

I will only edit them if something has gone wrong (ie. skin colour bug I experience)

Sure... I'm not playing the game as designed, but since I find the game not to be perfect yet I'm not too fussed

But, it's all down to matter of opinion and preference

I use FMRTE, I won't deny it

But I try too keep it's use within reason when doing anything directly related to my team

If anything, I use it more too correct errors/bugs and to give myself more of a challenge - aka increase PA and hidden stats of newly acquired youths in the ranks of AI teams, also to keep certain older players in the game

I also will look at future transfers, and bring forward any transfers of any free players that can't move until they are 18 (ie. prevent lose of stats while waiting 2/3 years to move lol)

I would also increase league related stats that increase/decrease reputation and buying power, but FMRTE has that feature in a state of not working, and won't probably be fixed for sometime

Concerning my own self, I use mini-FMRTE simply to view potential (I have CA hidden), in-depth reputation numbers

I will only edit them if something has gone wrong (ie. skin colour bug I experience)

Sure... I'm not playing the game as designed, but since I find the game not to be perfect yet I'm not too fussed

But, it's all down to matter of opinion and preference

Technically speaking, any form of use of an editor, even when looking at a PA and CA is strictly speaking, a form of cheating, that is to say, the use of an "unfair" advantage to overcome the AI. If you did not use mini-FMRTE and spend money to scout the players, you will be playing a very pure game.

Thus you would be qualified to post a new thread on the LLM forum! :D

Ha, I'm far from qualified

I've yet to go 10 years with FM10 for starters - infact I've not done that since FM06 I think

Sure, I could play without FMRTE, but with the long-term "bug-bears" I notice, I need it too correct them (read previous post)

But it would be nice if we could hide certain stats within the main FMRTE, so I don't accidental see something I didn't want too while making corrections

The meteoric rise of Hoffenheim may have you eating those words in a few years, admittedly it has slowed somewhat but they piled through several tiers of the German leagues to get to the Bundesliga.

Hoffenheim did got a wealthy businessman to fund their rise. Example of a meteoric rise without a sugar daddy would be the Swedish Ljungskile, in seven or so years from the fifth or sixth level to the first, after which they have mostly played on the second.

So, it's not unrealistic, just unlikely.

Technically speaking, any form of use of an editor, even when looking at a PA and CA is strictly speaking, a form of cheating, that is to say, the use of an "unfair" advantage to overcome the AI. If you did not use mini-FMRTE and spend money to scout the players, you will be playing a very pure game.

How can be this an unfair advantage?After all the AI can see CA and PA that's why it buys youngsters with crap stats but big PA and players with crap stats for their position but solid CA.

How can be this an unfair advantage?After all the AI can see CA and PA that's why it buys youngsters with crap stats but big PA and players with crap stats for their position but solid CA.

It is because humans are generally smarter than computers. So the AI should have a "fair" advantage in this respect. If humans use addition help, they would just be trouncing the AI! It is like managing Manchester United on steroids against a much weaker opposition like Chester City! :D

Archived