Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Hi.I'm using your first classic version instead of the final version(I just noticed that you gave another update yesterday,I'll give it a try) because the push up of the defensive live and the higher mentality of the fullbacks made me weak defensively.I wanted to ask you:I have one left footed MC and one right footed.Wich one should play as right MC and wich one left MC?Sorry for my bad english,and thanks for all your tactics!

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Hough your latest tactic seems quite impressive, but for my Milan side[year 2019] it isn't everything so good.

My players don't shoot so much, just about 5 shots per match, and two attacking players in the middle are underrated everytime.

I don't understand because I have there two awesome players- Hamsik and Verratti.

What you think about this?

It's possible that your players have not gelled, or are not used to the tactic, or are just going through bad form. In any case, I've used this tactic Milan also and had a ton of success. My midfielders got good ratings and scored some goals.

Hey Mr.Hough I seem to be conceeding a lot of goals with the new tactic/am currently Lazio...If I reduced the D-line does that take away the attack..Please help greatly needed because I find it hard not to concede with my team.

Thought i'd give your unbeaten final version a go with West Ham . Finished season in 2nd place , and could of easily won league if we'd turned some draws into wins.

table-3.jpg

Player Stats for the season...

stats-2.jpg

Nabil Baha was class playing as one of the outer forwards....

baha.jpg

Ill give your joint tactic with JP a go for season 2 and let you know how it go's.. But what a class tactic this seems

Your tactic seems to give consistency, which I have been unable to get with tons of different formations and tweaks. In the lower leagues you can get away with tactics that are "ok" because you can get better players compared to opposition, but in the EPL I have suffered.

Im playing 10.3 non-classic with your tactics and in 4 matches (2-1-1) i'm getting consistent good displays although leaking goals a bit. I found that you can pull down one striker to AM og CM if your team suffers in possession (opponents controlling midfield).

The main difference from your approach to most of my tactics is the fact that you set passing to 0 (short), which saddens me a bit (regarding the ME)- why can't mixed passing work more consistently? Poor decisions from players?

Well I completed a season with it on my Spezia save in 2018. Demolished the Serie A 103 points. Completed a sextuple of CWC, Super Cup, CL, Italian Cup, Italian Super Cup, Serie A. And judging by how my latest save is going, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the only side to do 3 consecutive CL wins.

Couple of things of interest.

It doesn't work very well for me at international level. Both with England and Brazil. Can't seem to keep hold of the ball.

Against 3 man defences. I find it easier to drop the Central Striker to AMC. Creates more chances that way as you don't get 3 CBs man marking you 3 fowards

Hi guys,sorry for my english...well I have been using the JP Woody version with my favorite Juve.First season pretty good 1st in the league won the cup but lost in champions league against AC Milan...

Mr Hough, I want to ask you two questions. 1, When one player in my team was sent off, how to change your tactic effectively or just keep it naturally?

2, How to set the players' preferred foot, especially in the CM and CF positions. Is that left foot at left, and right foot at right? Hope an answer, thanks!

panosrodo

Its happens!! I would be pretty happy with the double plus champions league runners up. Maybe you were just beaten by the better team on the day or your players were complacent!!

Mr Hough, using the latest wizard formation, and its working excellent. I rememeber nearly giving up on fm10 but your tactics have kept me with it. Tore up the Dutch league with a rebuilt Feyenoord and have made an excellent start in UCL. Cheers matey

For some reason my team just isn't performing this season, I've played 18 games and the stats are:

Won: 1

Drawn: 5

Lost: 12

Using this formation with Charlton from day 1, got promoted, finished 9th 2nd season, 3rd season *current* just really struggling and I don't know why?

I've conceded 41 goals and only scored 26.

For some reason my team just isn't performing this season, I've played 18 games and the stats are:

Won: 1

Drawn: 5

Lost: 12

Using this formation with Charlton from day 1, got promoted, finished 9th 2nd season, 3rd season *current* just really struggling and I don't know why?

I've conceded 41 goals and only scored 26.

man thats pretty bad stats, I'm not sure what advice to give i'm afraid sorry.

I'm hoping things are now on the up.

Between my last post and now, my team has played 3 games, won all of them.

3-0 against Norwich (Away)

2-1 against Cardiff (Away)

5-1 against Scunthorpe (Home)

So maybe just maybe, were on the up and just had a late start.

I'm hoping things are now on the up.

Between my last post and now, my team has played 3 games, won all of them.

3-0 against Norwich (Away)

2-1 against Cardiff (Away)

5-1 against Scunthorpe (Home)

So maybe just maybe, were on the up and just had a late start.

Very Very late start and i'm surprised you kept with the tactic that long i'd have binned it lol.

Could be the quality of your players.

Hey Mr.Hough I seem to be conceeding a lot of goals with the new tactic/am currently Lazio...If I reduced the D-line does that take away the attack..Please help greatly needed because I find it hard not to concede with my team.

Mr Hough Please could u give me some advice on my problem please....Besides for some reason I dont seem to b creating that many CCC's ...do u think setting the philosphy to more fluid will b help.tnx in advance mate.

Mr Hough Please could u give me some advice on my problem please....Besides for some reason I dont seem to b creating that many CCC's ...do u think setting the philosphy to more fluid will b help.tnx in advance mate.

I have it on balenced because i don't want to give the opp much space the more fluid the 'looser' the team will be as more players will be push forward. If you have it more rigid the team will be more tighter and more as a unit but players won't break forward as much there for limiting chances.

I have found balenced to be the more well balenced you could try changing it though see how it affects your team.

I have it on balenced because i don't want to give the opp much space the more fluid the 'looser' the team will be as more players will be push forward. If you have it more rigid the team will be more tighter and more as a unit but players won't break forward as much there for limiting chances.

I have found balenced to be the more well balenced you could try changing it though see how it affects your team.

Thanks Mr Hough..I think balanced is much better cuz when I tried Fluid..they let loose on me(The Opposition)...What if I lower the D-line..as I don't have very pacy defenders..dyu think that helps with conceding goals...I think I mite try on Overload and Balanced...Please what dyu think..Thanks Guru!

Mr Hough, love your tactics. Really made me enjoy FM 2010 so thanks a lot!

Just playing with Havant and Waterlooville atm, managed to get to league 2 in 2 seasons using your Classic Tactic which proved very reliable with not so great players. I decided to switch to the new version and I am sitting in the play-offs after 12 or so games which is decent but the team is inconsistent, and playing poorly in away matches so may switch back. Decisions....

But overall cheers for the tactics, they have brung me success with so many teams this year, highlight being winning everything with Chesterfield. Good times :)

Thanks Mr Hough..I think balanced is much better cuz when I tried Fluid..they let loose on me(The Opposition)...What if I lower the D-line..as I don't have very pacy defenders..dyu think that helps with conceding goals...I think I mite try on Overload and Balanced...Please what dyu think..Thanks Guru!

I think that you have just answered your own question if the philosophy on fluid is no good what do you think overload will be!!.

Dropping the D-Line might help but don't do it too much as you will invite pressure and that is not good.

Try 1 click see how it goes for a few games if it don't work try an other click and keeping going till you find the right balance.

I'm going to give the latest version (Mr. Hough & JP Woody effort) a go with Werder Bremen. However, I'm going to make one alteration. I will move the center striker back to AMC, that's all. The reason why I'm doing this is to make the tactic suit my players a bit better. I want to use Mesut Ozil and he is a natural AMC, and I don't think he'd work out as well at MC position.

I'm going to give the latest version (Mr. Hough & JP Woody effort) a go with Werder Bremen. However, I'm going to make one alteration. I will move the center striker back to AMC, that's all. The reason why I'm doing this is to make the tactic suit my players a bit better. I want to use Mesut Ozil and he is a natural AMC, and I don't think he'd work out as well at MC position.

I might also try this with Kaka in a AMC role. Struggling to get him playing as a normal MC.

I see no reason why that wouldn't work, i'm gonna have a look my self aswell.

I just don't understand this game.

Since the QPR win, my team has gone on to win 2 more and then lost 5 and drawn 2... so confused and annoyed!!!

Sounds like something else other than tactics. Teamtalks,squad cohesion or squad condition may be the problem.

Are your team gelled?

Are your team Fit?

Are you getting the best from your team with your teamtalks?

Sounds like something else other than tactics. Teamtalks,squad cohesion or squad condition may be the problem.

Are your team gelled?

Are your team Fit?

Are you getting the best from your team with your teamtalks?

Hellp JP, glad to see u here......................Ur collabo tctic had been fantasticd for me...I took Tenerife to 8th position and barely missed on the EURO cup..for some reason I think it is harder testing a tactic in the La Liga...dyu think dats the case or the EPL just has betta suited players for this tactic. I also noticed that my team only played well when I used the shouts- retain possession, stay on feet, pass to feet..Wheneva I dint di that I necver created CCC's...dyu think the shout work orits just a coincidence...Thanx in advance mate.

I have question for who used JP version how score your strikers? With this version my strikers score 1 goal per 5-6 games. For example in my last 3 season my team scores around 115+ goal in league but now only "84". This is not critic we still wining everything and thank you for your hard work!

Hellp JP, glad to see u here......................Ur collabo tctic had been fantasticd for me...I took Tenerife to 8th position and barely missed on the EURO cup..for some reason I think it is harder testing a tactic in the La Liga...dyu think dats the case or the EPL just has betta suited players for this tactic. I also noticed that my team only played well when I used the shouts- retain possession, stay on feet, pass to feet..Wheneva I dint di that I necver created CCC's...dyu think the shout work orits just a coincidence...Thanx in advance mate.

Im yet to use shouts or OI for this or any other tactic. I also think testing is harder in the EPL but thats only my opinion. I tried the Spanish league with Ath Madrid and dominated it using one of my earlier tactics. Im purely a results guy,other stats are simply a bonus nothing more.

I have question for who used JP version how score your strikers? With this version my strikers score 1 goal per 5-6 games. For example in my last 3 season my team scores around 115+ goal in league but now only "84". This is not critic we still wining everything and thank you for your hard work!

Im not having this problem i must say. Im 11 league games into my Prem test with Boro and so far Scott McDonald has 9 goals,Mido has 8 and Lita has 4. Not bad considering their caliber.

If anyone has a defensive version of this tactic? For example: I have run 2:0 and I do not want to shoot more goals. I prefer more defensive attitude.

It does not change the fact that's the best tactic for FM 2010

I'm using final 10.3 version(Arsenal).

Sorry for my bad english

If anyone has a defensive version of this tactic? For example: I have run 2:0 and I do not want to shoot more goals. I prefer more defensive attitude.

It does not change the fact that's the best tactic for FM 2010

I'm using final 10.3 version(Arsenal).

Sorry for my bad english

Jose, is that you?

Im yet to use shouts or OI for this or any other tactic. I also think testing is harder in the EPL but thats only my opinion. I tried the Spanish league with Ath Madrid and dominated it using one of my earlier tactics. Im purely a results guy,other stats are simply a bonus nothing more.

Im not having this problem i must say. Im 11 league games into my Prem test with Boro and so far Scott McDonald has 9 goals,Mido has 8 and Lita has 4. Not bad considering their caliber.

Jp sorry to be a bug...but are u tryin to tell me that the tactic u r using is merely a plug and play one...dont u make any adjustments at all....Judging by your results above with Boro...they seem very very good....tanks

Jp sorry to be a bug...but are u tryin to tell me that the tactic u r using is merely a plug and play one...dont u make any adjustments at all....Judging by your results above with Boro...they seem very very good....tanks

I'm not sure about if he makes changes but have a look at the 3 strikers. he is using 3 strikers that where originally at Boro, People forget how important team understanding team harmony is.

Probably one of the main reasons why JP is doing so well is that he hasn't signed loads of players so his squad of players currently will have a great understanding of each other and the team harmony will be awesome, Couple this with good team talks and your on to a winner.

Well done JP.

Jose, is that you?

I know it's strange, but I think 2-0 is better than 4-1, because it shows the control and domination. The basis for a good result I think, is to minimize the chances of an opponent. Maybe someone on the forum try here change "4123 Mr Hough Unbeatable Version" into "4123 No Goals Conceded Version" :)

Sometimes 1-0, 2-0 it's all i need, with this style of passing and moving on the pitch.

Carried on using the final unbeaten into my 2nd season. Got drew with Barcelona in CL groups. I just presumed i'd lose to Barcelona away as I always have unless iv'e had a class squad. Not no more

vsbarcelona.jpg

nice result there

im at 7-5-5 in my season. So unfortunately not as consistent as I thought. Looked very promising for the first 4 matches with solid perfomances, but didn't last.

FM 2010.3 is the hardest FM I have played and I have played them all pretty much... I just can't get any consistency whatsoever.

I'm not sure about if he makes changes but have a look at the 3 strikers. he is using 3 strikers that where originally at Boro, People forget how important team understanding team harmony is.

Probably one of the main reasons why JP is doing so well is that he hasn't signed loads of players so his squad of players currently will have a great understanding of each other and the team harmony will be awesome, Couple this with good team talks and your on to a winner.

Well done JP.

Thanks a lot MR.HOUGH thats a very splendid point u have made sire..but dyu personally make any switches because I have noticed that with not so technically gifted midfielder dey seem to be gifting the opposition the ball as they cant play tap-tap(short passing) football.....I would please appreciate U and J.P's personal Inputs.Thanks Mate!

I know it's strange, but I think 2-0 is better than 4-1, because it shows the control and domination. The basis for a good result I think, is to minimize the chances of an opponent. Maybe someone on the forum try here change "4123 Mr Hough Unbeatable Version" into "4123 No Goals Conceded Version" :)

Sometimes 1-0, 2-0 it's all i need, with this style of passing and moving on the pitch.

When I don't want to score any more goals I bring Berbatov on :D

Thanks a lot MR.HOUGH thats a very splendid point u have made sire..but dyu personally make any switches because I have noticed that with not so technically gifted midfielder dey seem to be gifting the opposition the ball as they cant play tap-tap(short passing) football.....I would please appreciate U and J.P's personal Inputs.Thanks Mate!

I have noticeds this and it's something that i will proberly look into.

What you could do as a short term solution is put the midfield and strikers passing on the last notch of short, Or if your not really bothered about the possession stats put the passing on the first notch of Direct.

that should help.

Well done JP.

I really try my best to keep my squad together but the main problem i have is that they want to leave. They say they are 'ambitious and want to win trophies' which is what i do but they are not content so i have to sell them because i believe no player is bigger than the club. But how do i keep a player at my club for the rest of their career for example?

I really try my best to keep my squad together but the main problem i have is that they want to leave. They say they are 'ambitious and want to win trophies' which is what i do but they are not content so i have to sell them because i believe no player is bigger than the club. But how do i keep a player at my club for the rest of their career for example?

I'm not sure about that side of the game.

If players want to leave then they will publicy announce that and that will caurse problems between your squad and upset the harmony.

I'd sell these players off and try and sign players with similar stats

That is easier said that done but thats what i would do.

I'm not sure about that side of the game.

If players want to leave then they will publicy announce that and that will caurse problems between your squad and upset the harmony.

I'd sell these players off and try and sign players with similar stats

That is easier said that done but thats what i would do.

Thanks for the advice. That's what i think as well. Never upset the harmony. When they say they want to win trophies, i challenge them to stay to win with the club. If they back down then fine. If not then they are sold!!!

Thanks for the advice. That's what i think as well. Never upset the harmony. When they say they want to win trophies, i challenge them to stay to win with the club. If they back down then fine. If not then they are sold!!!

I've had that before when a player says he wants to move to a bigger club or challenge for trothys.

I feel like says Duh idiot what the hell do you think i wanna do, get the club friggin relegated lol.