Do you find Football Manager 2010 difficult?

I also have problems with difficulty...I have played about 10 seasons with different clubs...now i play with kaiseslautern second german league. I have bought some great players, everything is fine, squad harmony and finances esc.

Whole season my team plays great and it is 1st, 2nd or 3rd...When there is only 6 or 7 games till end of the season the start to lose games...They have lost 6 games in row, sometimes they make chances but they cant score, crossbars, other keepers save...also i concede 3 or 4 goals every game...and of course i dont get a promotion...same thing with unirea urziceni, after 14 games i was 3rd and then 15 matches without a win...i dont know why is it happening...

I struggled for my first 3 seasons but it's picked up now. I find though that if you have a mid/lower table team in a top divison, you can take some real beatings unless totally defensive and even then you can.

But I feel FM PC is now a game for FM fans. Only the more dedicated newcomers will stick with it.

No not really, at first maybe but once you find the way you should play it's rather easy. Though I do find defending almost impossible to sort out properly and am only doing well cause it's easy to outscore teams most of the time...despite missing bags and bags of chances. Overall I will say that FM10 is no harder than previous versions IMO...At any rate, I think it's easier in football terms with the new tactic system.

• 2 weeks later...

idk but i found difficult or idk how to success formula,trying to use one tactic,few tactics,with one team i get promotion with other relegation,idk how to say,idk is it luck or experience lack,just don't know how to play succesfull,now playing with Durham,have all players 5 stars(few loans) just can't score,concede many from corners,lots of screamers,i'm 20th in League table(media prediction) 22 i think,but have all players amazing for this league,they should won it for me or just be in 1-4th place but i can't do it,becouse computer thinks if my media prediction is 22th,so i have to be where? i don't like this.

Yes.

Your new signings always get injured in the 1st week or two of the season and are always out for 2 months plus.

You instruct your team to play short, slow passing game to feet, they always play fast and pump the ball in the air.

Strikers with finishing of 18-20 miss so many one on ones its unreal.

Your gk might get man of the match once or twice a season, whenever you look at the games over the season, your opponents keepers get between 10-12. unrealistic.

And finally worst of all, substitutes in real life do not have anywhere near as much impact as they do on here.

Not a simple yes or no i know but there you go

I have had the last few fms and I always go as Liverpool for long term games.

I can say that this is the most difficult FM to dominate year after year.

In other fms I just go on league winning sprees, with this one it is always a challenge to win something....anything....

Although I don't think this is a bad thing, everyone likes a challenge right?

Not difficult, really. In fact, rather too easy at times. Still enjoyable. OP, as to your game that is visually appealing but does not produce results: that is soccer, man. I have coached high school games for 6+ seasons IRL and I have seen the more appealing team lose quite often...

On some days, I find it a bit hard. I just dismiss it to not being my day and only play a few matches. I can usually tell after one match if this session isn't going my way. If I lose it, I either play one more fixture or just save it there and pick it up another time with a clear mind.

Archived