Return of the Fafeful - Game Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Return of the Fafeful

September 3oth 2009

News from Fafe

• Carvalho's injury update sees James about to return, probably for our match on September 11th, but looking at Demir's injury he believes it is not even worth giving a realistic date at this time.

• Five more players are called up for International Duty: England U19s called Biggs Hades, Liam Hurst, Joe Tompkins & Luke Holt, while NZL U21s called up Schaw once more.

• Tyler Burrows appeared for Andorra U21s captaining the side, and put in a solid game in their 3:1 loss to Austria, he didn't see the backpacker either.
  • David Vrba put in a great game for Czech U21s as they go down 2:0 against the Eye-Ties.
  • Whoopy Dee'e got himself on the scoresheet as Cameroon's U21s tied 2:2 with Gabon.
  • Frank Fontaine scored the game winning goal in Poland U21s 3:0 victory over Montenegro, he also came out as Man of the Match.
  • Leal also reported back with a blank fax.
  • I just realised we have a loan left midfielder, so if we get more injuries in that spot I have cover.

• Six more Fafe matches have been selected for Television coverage between now & mid-January.
  • Ali Millar has strained his neck in training today, and he will be out for about two weeks.

• Matt James returns to full training from his elbow injury.
  • Carvalho's injury update still has no realistic date for Demir, but he believes Millar should be back by 26.09.09

• The Taca de Terceira First round draw took place and saw Fafe making a trip to the Azores as the drew an away game at Rabo de Peixe.
  • Lucas Schaw captained the New Zealand U21s to a 2:0 victory over Northern Mariana, he kept a clean sheet on 2 shots on target.
  • Whoopy Dee'e was there as the Cameroon U21s defeated Gabon 2:0 in their home match.
  • David Vrba made another appearance in a solid 2-1 victory for the Czech Rep U21s over Slovenia

• We travel today to play Torre Moncorvo in our 4th league game, we are once more comfortable favourites at 2-5. Though we have at least two players missing on international duty.
  • Duco Zitman joins the long-term injury list as he fractured his wrist during this match and will be out between 8 wekks & 2 months.

• The ticket office has announced that we have sold a total of 200 season tickets for the 2009/10 year.

• Carvalho filed an injury update, he suggest Ali Millar should be back soon. As for Demir & Zitman he is unsure when we shall see them back.

• We have Serzedelo coming to town in our moved match, they are also unbeaten going into this match, but we are comfortable favourites at 1-6. Other than the injuries no one is missing.
  • This game also signalled our 5th clean sheet and gave us the achievement "Parked the Bus"

• Ali Millar returns to full training following his neck strain, he is unlikely to suit up tomorrow, but he will be back shortly.

• Pedroucos are coming to town just three days after our last match, so a bit of rotation in play here as we try to take them apart as our favourites tag shows (1-6).
  • Leal sends another blank fax, this time informing me that he is in Italy, and telling me I need to come see the Tower of Pisa. What is he thinking this is not about sightseeing.
  • Tavares returns to the club tired after climbing through the Swiss Alps, but he has a hint of sucess in San Marino so heads in that direction.
  • Eleven Players have been called up for Internationals: U20s: The Monster (ESP), Hades (ENG), Hurst (ENG), Tompkins (ENG), Holt (ENG), Millar (ENG), Vrba (CZE), Quam (USA), Hall (AUS), Dee'e (CMR), & Cristiano (BRA).
  • Our matches on 26.08 & 02.10 are both postponed because of these international call-ups.

• The Fafe Daily Messenger led with the story of "Record-breaking Fafe" We managed to set the record for most games won in a row, most games without conceding & most games unbeaten all at the same time. This is a club record & the current league record.

• Now we have our first cup match of the season as we travel to Azores to face Rabo de Peixe. We are 1-33 favourites and the fans are expecting a huge victory in this cup match.
  • Injury Update sees that Demir should be back on Oct 10th, while Zitman is still a while away from a decision being made.

• Fafe are drawn in the second round of the Taca da Terciera against Serie D side Sorense, the game will take place at Fafe on October 13th.

• The U20 World Cup has got under way with Eleven of our players present.
  • The Monster represented Spain U20s as they drew 0:0 with Nigeria, he played well, but not spectacular.

• Ali Millar played for the English U20s against Uruguay, but ended up being taken from the field with a twisted knee and is likely to miss another 2 weeks.
  • Joe Tompkins also played in the 2:1 loss, but was disappointing in his efforts.
  • Whoopy Dee'e featured for the Cameroon U20s as they won 2:0, he scored the winning goal once more.
  • Cerneo Quam played for the USA in this loss to Cameroon and he played surprisingly well on the losing side.

• David Vrba played for the Czech Rep U20s as they went down 3:0 to Brazil.
  • William Hall represented Australia in the 2:2 draw with Costa Rica, he captained the side, but played only averagely.

• Tavares returned from San Marino with another hint, and promptly told me he was off to Luxembourg.

• Whoopy Dee'e was captaining his side again (Cameroon U20s) as they went down 4:0 to the Germans, but he was sent to the showers early after earning 2 yellow cards.
  • Joe Tompkins & Biggs Hades represented England as they won 1:0 over Ghana, both of them played well.
  • Quam then played for the USA against South Korea and played poorly as they went down 1:0, he is still learning, but was disappointed with his effort.

• David Vrba & William Hall both scored as Czech Rep U20s tied 1:1 with Australia in their group E match. William Hall captained the side and was delighted to score after only 4 mins.

The Matches

3DB: Torre Moncorvo vs Fafe 0:5

Hall (12), Quam (61), Tompkins (73,80), Hurst (90+1)

MoM: Tompkins

After ten minutes Radakovic puts it hard against the woodwork, then is chopped and picks up a knock. Following from the free kick Fontaine puts the ball over the defenders and William Hall runs through to sink his shot. 34 minutes in sees Zitman go down with an injury, and he is replaced by Dee'e, Radakovic is also replaced and Tompkins takes his spot. The 52nd minute sees an injury to Hall and he is replaced by Hurst. The ball is played into the box by Gonzalez, but it bobbles around infront of the keeper, Quam is in there battling and eventually gets the ball free and smashes it into the net. Gonzalez is involved once more as he plays a perfect cross to Tompkins on the near post, Tompkins dummies to the left and the keeper dives as he shoots it in the near side. Tompkins then manages to get a second as Fontaine plays what I see as his favourite play, he lifts the ball over the defense, Tompkins right there on the ball. Into injury time and Fontaine plays the ball back to Hurst, he looks around sees no passing options and fires it at the top corner...GOAL!!!

3DB: Fafe vs Serzedelo 3:0

Radakovic (7,73), Tompkins (36)

MoM: Radakovic

A beautiful cross to Radakovic from James early on sees Fafe take the lead from the header. A great set of passes through the midfield saw Radakovic feed the ball to Tompkins on the edge of the box and he slams it past the keeper to double the lead. Cristiano was completely beaten in the second half, but the woodwork saved him from conceding the first goal against Fafe this year. As the game was winding down with 73 mins on the clock Fontaine pulled out his trick, he jumped the ball over the defense and Radakovic put it home.

3DB: Fafe vs Pedroucos 5:0

Gonzalez (3), Holt (23), Fontaine (39), da Silva (77), Burrows (87)

MoM: Fontaine

It only took 3 mins for the deadlock to be broken as Dee'e provided a pass to Gonzalez who stepped around one defender and hit the ball into the corner of the goal. The second goal came from a bad corner clearance as the ball bounced around in the box, Holt pounced and slotted it home for his first Fafe goal. The thrd goal was completely outrageous as Von Stronborg passed it across to Fontaine who never even looked to pass, his first touch was with his chest, then as the ball bounced he shot straight at the goal from 35 yards and it went straight past the keeper. A very impressive goal, it was a stunner. In the 77th minute da Silva broke through the defense and then tapped the ball past the keeper to get himself a great goal. The time is running out until Dee'e smashes a shot at the keeper, he saves it, but cannot control the ball which falls to right wing Burrows who smashes it back at him and into the net.

TDT: Rabo De Peixe vs Fafe 0:1

Von Stronburg (82)

MoM: Von Stronburg

Well a few of our players managed to get shots on the board as we dominated the first half, but no-one managed to sink the goal needed to lead us into the second round. The second half was heading the same way, as they defended like their lives depended on it, until in the 82nd minute a great ball from Vrba set-up Von Stronburg to score his first ever goal for Fafe, and he celebrates in style.

This Month

This month we continued unbeaten, though we struggled a little bit in our cup match which was a shock. I have named Frank Fontaine the player of the month after a few stunning assists and a goal of his own.

League Table

Squad Stats

Finances

Brilliant reports Des, just read through and enjoyed all of them.

Da Silva looks quality and seems to be scoring a good few goals!

No surprise that Radakovic is banging them in, what a legend.

Just to say, very glad i'm a part of the sign-up, knew your updates would be good and it would be properly run, KIU.

Thanks guys for all the support, I am really enjoying this sign-up so far, its a lot of fun and the connection is there straight away.

Whoopy - I will try to find someway to include the player ratings in the screenshots from here going forward. :)

Well today is Monday and I am back off to work as normal, I only have three days left now, but fair warning that over Christmas weekend I may not get an update in, but I am off work for two weeks after that so will do my best to get us ahead.

Great start for the Fafe!

Des - would it be possible to include a split screen screenshot of the player ratings in match reports? Then we can get a real gauge of who is playing each game as well as their performance levels. I don't know if it is too much effort but if you kept the style you've started using (overview & match stats) and then added another for player ratings and player stats perhaps?

Great start for the Fafe!

Des - would it be possible to include a split screen screenshot of the player ratings in match reports? Then we can get a real gauge of who is playing each game as well as their performance levels. I don't know if it is too much effort but if you kept the style you've started using (overview & match stats) and then added another for player ratings and player stats perhaps?

This is what Whoopy asked for as well, and I will include it from now, Split Screen of Player Ratings/Stats I think we will see if there is anything else interesting in there to include.

Return of the Fafeful

October 31st 2009

News from Fafe

• Quam represents USA U20s as they lose 3:0 to Germany, he will be disappointed with his performance, but he can build on it.
  • Leal reported back from Italy again, this time with some note about seeing the Vatican City, but again he had no players to see.

• The Qualifing for the Euro U19s Championship sees 5 of our players called up: Radakovic (SRB), James (SCO), da Silva (POR), Gonzalez (TUR), Fontaine (POL).
  • England U20s scored a 2:1 victory over Uzbekistan with Tompkins, Hurst & Hades coming off the bench to perform averagely.
  • David Vrba also represented Czech Rep U20s as they demolished Costa Rica, he contributed with 2 assists & an 8.2 rating.

• Two more players have been called up for U21 appearances, they are Schaw (NZL), & Burrows (AND)

• The huge number of call-ups has resulted in three of our matches being moved, our Cup tie & two league games.
  • William Hall took the field for the Aussie U20s as they got outgunned by Brazil, he will be disappointed with his performance in 3:0 loss.

• Carvalho filed an injury update, Demir should be back to full fitness soon, Millar is expected back by 24th October, but Duco Zitman is still on the long term injury list.
  • David Vrba picked up a yellow card as Czech Rep U20s won their 2nd Round match-up 1:0 over Venezuela. They will meet South Korea or Uruguay in the Quarter Finals.
  • Cerneo Quam is suffering from a cold and has been sent home to recuperate.

• Frank Fontaine put in a good performance for the Poland U19s as they went down 1:0 to Bulgaria in Qualifying.
  • Joe Tompkins scored a goal as England won 4:1 over Germany in the U20s World Cup 2nd Round, Biggs Hades & Liam Hurst also featured off the bench, England will face Cameroon & Whoopy Dee'e in the Quarterfinals.
  • da Silva looked good and managed to score a goal as the Portugal U19s defeated Scotland 2:0, James did not play in this game.

• da Silva managed to get another goal as Portugal's U19s carried on the good form to win 2:0 over Georgia.
  • Demir has resumed full training and is likely to play in our next match. He was out for six weeks after a foot injury.
  • The Monster featured with a great game for Spain U20s as they beat Hungary to advance to the semifinals, he also provided a goal. They will face the winner of Brazil & Italy.
  • Tyler Burrows has fallen awkwardly once more and injured his elbow, he is expected to be out for two weeks. The game turned into a rout as Sweden ran out 5:0 winners.
  • Frank Fontaine had a great game as he scored a goal for the Poland U19s as they defeated Kazhakstan 2:1.
  • Lucas Schaw managed to keep a well needed clean sheet for the NZ U21s as they defeated Guam 2:0.
  • Turkey's U21s managed a 4:0 defeat over Cyprus as Gonzalez scored the game winning goal after only 10 mins.

• The U20 World Cup Quarterfinal saw Whoopy Dee'e's Cameroon go down fighting to England, he performed greatly, but they could not hold them out as England won 2:0, Biggs Hades & Joe Tompkins will be delighted to make the Semis.
  • England's opponent in the Semi will be Davd Vrba's Czech Rep after he gave a great performance in their 2:1 win over Uruguay. The other side of the draw sees The Monster & Spain taking on Brazil.
  • Tavares has returned from Luxembourg with no sign of Burrows Brother, so I have given him a new task in Germany.

• Frank Fontaine played the whole match for the Poland U19s as they defeated Macedonia 2:0, he captained the side and scored a goal after 57 mins.
  • Aleksander Radakovic played an average game, but he will be pleased to have seen his Serbian U19s beat Hungary 4:0

• Carvalho has reported back on our injuries, he believe Millar should be back soon, while Burrows & Zitman should be returning about Nov 3rd.
  • The U20s World Cup Semifinals saw six Fafe players in action as Spain defeated Brazil 1:0 with The Monster off the bench, while England defeated Czech Republic 4:0 as Liam Hurst grabbed two assists, Tompkins, Holt, Hades & Vrba all also played in this game. So we shall see England vs Spain for the final.

• The 3rd Round draw of the Taca de Terceira sees us lining up against Casa Pia if we can win our 2nd Round match.

• David Vrba featured in the 3/4 playoff for Czech Rep U20s as they went down 2:0 to Brazil.
  • The final saw Tompkins, Millar & Hades come off the bench for England as they went down 2:0 to Spain, The Monster stayed on the bench all day, but I am sure he will show off his Winners medal to his team mates on his return to Fafe.

• Finally we will have our first match since Sept 22nd. We will travel to Leca where we are 4-5 favourites.

• Ali Millar returns to training after three weeks out with a knee injury.

• Carvalho's Injury report has come in saying that Burrows would be back soon, while Zitman's return date has moved out to Nov 6th.
  • Our game in the Cup is expected to be a low attendance of 600 or so, yet our average is only 662. The game tomorrow is expected to be a spanking as our favourtism is at 1-6.

• Liam Hurst is out for 12 days to 2 weeks after suffering a bruised thigh in the game.

• We are facing Oliveirense in the Third Division at home, but again it should be a comfortable game as we are 1-6 favourites again.

• Burrows resumes full training after 2 weeks out with a damaged elbow.

• Carvalho reports that our only remaining injuries are Zitman & Hurst who are both close to a return.

• We travel to Joane next in our race towards the title, and we are favourites with odds of 1-3, a little closer than other games, but we are on it.
  • The coaches suggested that Quam give Burrows some tutoring on football, so I suggested it to the players and they are both delighted to follow this path.
  • Zitman has resumed full training after 7 weeks out with a fractured wrist. he will not be fit to face Joane, but should be in our next game.
  • There were several players I wanted in this game who couldn't play because their fitness was down, so I went with the fit players hoping to get the fitness levels up on some others.

• We have Amarante coming to town in our next game, we have played them away this season already and beat them 2:0, today we are 1-6 favourites as we play at home.
  • Leal is still failing to find anyone in Italy.
  • Cerneo Quam has suffered a bruised rib and been left to be treated by the Physio, he should be back in 9-12 days.

The Matches

3DB: Leca vs Fafe 1:3

Player Stats

Gonzalez (12), Hall (19), Von Stronburg (28)

MoM: Radakovic (3 assts)

Des Tiny was a little worried going into this game as he had to start a couple of pub mates as half the squad were still travelling home. A great forward ball from Demir is fed to the right by Radakovic and Gonzalez slots the ball right across the front and off the left post and into the net. A good tackle by Von Stronburg led to the second goal as the ball headed up to Hall who copied Gonzalez's shot to make it 2:0. After 27 mins Radakovic received the ball in the box, but he was taken down from behind and Von Stronburg stepped up and scored the penalty. Schaw then became our first keeper to concede a competitive goal as Ben Smith let his man through, they then slotted it straight past Schaw as we conceded our first goal of the season. The second half was tough as we spent a lot of it just trying to hold onto the ball, but we managed to hold on and keep the 3:1 scoreline.

TDT: Fafe vs Sourense 5:1

Player Stats

da Silva (23,60,83), Dee'e (53), Tompkins (88)

MoM: da Silva

Well a disappointing save by Cristiano saw his rebound slotted in and the opposition go up after only 3 mins. It took twenty minutes more before we were able to draw level from the boot of da Silva. Early in the second half Gonzalez crossed it towards da Silva who was brought down infront of the goal. Dee'e stepped up and scored the penalty to finally give Fafe the lead. Six of our players touched the ball as it flew up the field, da Silva couldn't score on the first shot, but sunk his second. The game was complete when Dee'e played a great ball through to a now free da Silva who slotted it past the keeper to complete his hattrick. All the Sourense fans thought it was over anyway as they left, but a ball from Dee'e to Tompkins saw Fafe score their 5th.

3DB: Fafe vs Oliveirense 3:1

Player Stats

Radakovic (37), da Silva (60), Quam (84)

MoM: Von Stronburg (2 assts)

The game started with a roar as the Fafe fans stood in their seats as we bombarded their net, but it took a great run from Von Stronburg up the right with a pin perfect cross and Radakovic to battle two defenders before slamming the ball home. Some bad defense by the midfield after halftime saw them back into the game tying it up at 1 a piece. But after that another cross from Von Stronburg saw da Silva score again to give us back the lead. From here on we dominated the game, Gonzalez got a cross to Quam who headed it home.

This unlocks Achievement "You're on Fire" for 10 straight wins.

3DB: Joane vs Fafe 0:5

Player Stats

da Silva (1,90+1), Gonzalez (18), Tompkins (67), Burrows (74)

MoM: da Silva

The game started brilliantly though as a great move by The Monster & Quam up the left hand side was completed by Tompkins & da Silva to score after only 29s. It took another 17mins from here for us to add our second, but a pass from Fontaine saw Gonzalez free and he made it count from 20 yards. A great solo effort by Tompkins got our third goal as he stripped the ball from a defender shot it off the keeper and into the net. Tompkins & da Silva then combined to get Burrows through and he sunk another goal. In injury time Dee'e fed da Silva who sunk his 6th goal in 3 games. Perfect start and end to the game for da Silva.

3DB: Fafe vs Amarante 4:0

Player Stats

James (25,54), Quam (58), da Silva (80)

MoM: James

A few early chances were not converted on, but a Free kick from Vrba was headed home by James, his first ever goal, to give us the lead. The rest of the first half saw a few chances, but the only real highlight was Demir getting a yellow card for a great tackle. A stunning midfield move was completed after 54 mins as da Silva fed James for his second. James was taken off not long after this as he was getting tired, but his replacement Quam continued the left side domination as he slotted home another goal off a great Gonzalez cross. We ended up having to spend the last 18 mins with ten men after Quam got chopped and had to leave on a stretcher. It didn't matter as an 80th minute corner saw da Silva head home his 7th goal in 4 games.

This Month

Well another good month, we let in a goal in each of the early games, we had The Monster gain himself a Winners Medal from the U20s World Cup, and we had a huge amount of goals scored, but the Player of the Month is without a doubt Jesuzinho da Silva, he has scored 7 goals and 2 assists in the five games 3(2).

Finances

Squad Stats

League Table

So a special congrats to The Monster for his victory with the Spain U20s in the World Cup.

I never thought I would get a month played in an evening after work, but here is a treat for all of you. October is completed. So here it is.

Player Of the Month History

August 09: Aleksander Radakovic (ST)

September 09: Frank Fontaine (AM/DMC)

October 09: Jesuzinho da Silva (AM/FC)

Return of the Fafeful

November 30th 2009

News from Fafe

• Liam Hurst returns to training after spending 11 days on the Injury Roster with a bruised thigh.

• We face Infesta, the other unbeaten team in the league, they are in second and go into this match as 5-4 favourites, even though we are at home. We are 7-4.
  • Carvalho's injury update lists Quam as close to a return.

• Just three days later we travel to Rebordosa and are expected to win this one easily as we go in 1-3 favourites. It looks good, but the team is starting to be worn out after so many games close together. Left wing is our current weak spot. May start a Centremid out there.

• We have another list of youth internationals as the following players have been called up for their nations: Gonzalez (TUR U19s), U21s: Burrows (AND), Fontaine (POL), Hall (AUS), Schaw (NZL), James (SCO), Radakovic (SRB), Dee'e (CMR), & Vrba (CZE).

• This of course means that just as we had started to catch up on games played, (Our game on the 11th would've seen us even with all in the league) we are postponing matches again, this time four more matches have been moved during November. Two into December, and two later this month.

• Carvalho manages to give the squad a clean bill of health, and just when I was getting desperate with fitness for our games 11th, 14th, 17th they have all been moved. Now to plot our next games 21st, 25th, 28th, 2nd, 5th, 9th, 12th. Thats 7 games in 22 days, or one every 3 with an extra day, going to be a lot of work to keep fit. Rotation here we come.
  • Another interesting part of the move is that we now have a Familiacao Double-Header, home on 9th & away on 12th of December.

• Five more players have been called up for international duty for the England U19s: Hurst, Demir, Tompkins, Hades & Holt.
  • Radakovic also turns 17 and signs a part time deal worth 3.5k. Happy Birthday to the great Serbian.

• Tyler Burrows Captained Andorra's U21s, he had a good performance, but his team got smashed as they went down 3:0 to Austria.
  • David Vrba had a very solid game as his Czech Rep U21s defeated Lithuania 2:0.
  • Frank Fontaine on the other hand was definitely not at his best, but his Polish team still beat Wales U21s 2:0
  • William Hall was captaining Australia's U21s and provided an assist as they defeated Oman 3:0.
  • An Abysmal performance from Whoppy Dee'e did not help as Cameroon's U21s went down 2:1 to Morocco.
  • A Man of the Match performance from NZ U21 captain Lucas Schaw as he led his team to a great 1:0 victory over Turkmenistan with a clean sheet.
  • Miguel Leal is about to find his head on the chopping block, he found no one in Spain and now is still coming up blank in Italy, I think the man is blinder than a bat.

• Well an injury to William Hall ends our fit period as he goes down in his international fixture with a torn calf muscle and will be out for around 4 weeks.
  • The Czech Rep U21s managed to defeat Slovenia 1:0 with David Vrba playing an average first half before being subbed off at the break.
  • Cameroon smashed Qatar's U21s 4:0 as Whoopy Dee'e played the whole game for a 7.3 rating, which was pretty average given the way his team played.
  • William Hall got injured after 55 minutes, but it was a happy moment for him in a very poor game, his team won 4:0, but he was never involved ending with a 6.0 rating.
  • New Zealand's U21 Captain Lucas Schaw managed another clean sheet as his boys won 1:0 over Iraq.

• The 4th round of the Cup draw sees the winner of Fafe vs Casa Pia at home to Anadia.

• We are travelling to Serzedelo for our 13th league game of the season, we go in as 1-3 favourites following our 3:0 defeat of them earlier in the season.
  • The media put our sucess down to our defence, as our backline has only conceded 4 goals in the fifteen games we have played, what about the offence who have scored 50 goals in those fifteen games at an average of 3.33 per game?
  • Tyler Burrows has become the first player to list Des Tiny on his favoured personel list, and no-one has made the clubs list yet. They would be joining Rui Costa on it if they do. Yes the Benfica star played one season on loan for AD Fafe.

• Today we have Casa Pia coming to visit in what is likely to be a very tought match in the Taca de Terceira, we are only 5-4 favourites.

• Travelling to Pedroucos for another league match sees us raring to go as 1-3 favourites. Our side looks good, though a few players may be rested again.
  • Leal is back in Spain again and showing his complete incompetence, I am now looking for another scout.

• Cerneo Quam seems to be slightly injury prone as he goes down again, this time with a groin strain which will see him sit for 4 weeks. Gonzalez & James will get a lot of game time in his absence.

The Matches

3DB: Fafe vs Infesta 3:0

Tompkins (40,42), Millar (59)

Player Stats

With us dominating the first twenty minutes, and them then doing the same back to us, it looked like it was going to be a good tight game. The tussle was finally seperated when against the run of play Hall deflected the ball off a defender to feed Burrows on the right he crossed to the head of Tompkins who sunk the opening goal. Straight from the kick-off the ball was kicked wildly to Vrba who cleared it right up the field where Tompkins had run straight past the defenders looking the other way, one-on-one with the goalie, and he SCORES! With James, Demir & Zitman tiring, they were replaced at halftime bringing Fontaine, Dee'e & The Monster into the fray. After 56 mins Tompkins should've had his hattrick on another Fontaine lob, but he shot it right over the goal with no defenders in front of him. Millar though made up for it as Dee'e played in a corner which he deflected just enough to put it in off the far post for his first ever goal.

3DB: Rebordosa vs Fafe 1:3

Gonzalez (21), James (26,48)

MoM: James

Player Stats

In the end Matt James did start at 91%. Gonzalez & Radakovic both missed good early chances, but Gonzalez compensated by scoring the opening goal off a great feed from da Silva put him in space. Barely 5 minutes later Hurst & Fontaine played the ball around in midfield, before Hurst put it forward to James, one shot, rebound, two shots, GOAL! Less than five mines after that Fontaine let them back into the game as he failed to clear from a corner & they slotted it home. Then another 2 minutes later we saw Radakovic go down in a ball and be taken from the game. Tompkins with another sub appearance. The second half started quickly as we held the ball from kick-off sent it down the right and Gonzalez crossed to James' head for his second. We had trouble after the subs were made getting a good play going, but with three star fullbacks on the field our clearance and speedy getting back saved the day.

3DB: Serzedelo vs Fafe 0:2

Tompkins (25,28)

Player Stats

We started slowly in this game, I think most of the players were still jetlagged from their many international flights, but we finally cracked them with some great wing from Burrows feeding Tompkins who put it home in the top corner. This then opened up the game, but a surprise back pass from one of their strikers went straight to Tompkins who would not let the opportunity go and netted his second. da Silva scored just 3 minutes after halftime, but was called back after being called offside on Tompkins through ball. Continued pressure for the whole of the second half never eventuated, but a 2:0 away win is satisfactory.

TDT: Fafe vs Casa Pia 4:0

Fontaine (1), Radakovic (62), Gonzalez (83), Dee'e (90+2)

MoM: Gonzalez

Player Stats

Frank Fontaine got the home fans to their feet in the first minute, a great move up the right saw Burrows feed Gonzalez, he played a centreing ball to Radakovic, who was taken to the goal line, he played it back to Gonzalez who centred for Fontaine at the top of the circle and he slammed it home. The rest of the first half would have to be written down as a draw, both teams with some great plays, though Dee'e went closest twice in Injury time, first from a Free Kick, saved by the keeper, and the following corner saw him head it into the woodwork and over. Some encouragement at halftime seemed to do the job as the boys came out fired up and it showed when James fed Radakovic to break his scoreless streak. Tompkins was having a very poor game upfront, replacing him with da Silva paid off as he combined with Dee'e to set-up Gonzalez who scored past the keeper. An injury time corner saw Smith shoved in the back, and Dee'e scored from the resulting penalty.

3DB: Pedroucos vs Fafe 0:3

Quam (26), da Silva (50), Radakovic (90)

MoM: Radakovic

Player Stats

We wasted a lot of early chances, but Burrows & Quam were not going to let their chances get the best of them as Burrows crossed and Quam headed it home. At half time I encouraged the boys to go out there and extend our lead, it took just 5 minutes for Radakovic to find da Silva in space and he put the ball around the keeper to score. da Silva repaid the favour as the half came to a close, providing Radakovic with a ball at his feet which he finished perfectly.

The Month

5 games with only one goal conceded, I am pretty happy with that effort, a great few appearances in internationals, but we are still short of a full cap. 6 of our players are still yet to score a goal, so discounting the 2 goalies they are; The Monster, Demir, Hades & Vrba. I must say the player of the month award was going to go to Tompkins, but he let himself down in the cup match and has been relegated. So the Player of the Month goes to... Santiago Gonzalez for a stellar month all around.

Squad Stats

League Table

Finances

Player of the Month History

August 09: Aleksander Radakovic (ST)

September 09: Frank Fontaine (AM/DMC)

October 09: Jesuzinho da Silva (AM/FC)

November 09: Santiago Gonzalez (MR)

Another good month behind us, and I will be doing a similar update for December 31st, and then hopefully a major size update with the actual Player shots for everyone as at January 1st, our mid year update. I am not planning on transferring anyone right now, but I have not seen a post from William Hall yet. If offers come in and the board accept I will have no choice, but I will try my best to keep everyone that I can.

Archived