kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Navie:

Does anyone know where the link is to the latest version to this tactic and also the updated instructions for the players and team if there are any updated ones?

all the downloads are on page 11

Originally posted by jsl:

Btw. I think that the name of this tactic is a bit misleading as you have to do continuous tweaking during the matches. icon_razz.gif

this game would be extremely boring if all you did was click start match, start match, start match, start match..

I use V2 and rarely tweak even against 424 - latest update 6th in PL with QPR (2nd season, with a 6-2 League cup win over Chelsea.

If you wish to see how this tactic works upfront play against Chelsea, as they have a major defensive set up problem with this tactic.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adsad:

Hello.My English is bad.Sorry

Kimz generally my dm players win a 6 point in player ratings.How can i solve this problem ?

see bottom of pages 6... icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well is there anything that can be done to fix that? I really hate it how they keep getting low ratings for 99% of the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well....i dont know..... icon_frown.gif

Btw. I think that the name of this tactic is a bit misleading as you have to do continuous tweaking during the matches. icon_razz.gif

yeah....you right... it should be 'with no tweaking at all until pages 10' icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by knap:

I use V2 and rarely tweak even against 424 - latest update 6th in PL with QPR (2nd season, with a 6-2 League cup win over Chelsea.

If you wish to see how this tactic works upfront play against Chelsea, as they have a major defensive set up problem with this tactic.

YESS........ I LOVE THIS GAME icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

omUKejzIX34465.jpg

hi Kimz very good work icon_wink.gif

well can you say anything about manage clubs like Benfica, Salzburg, Portsmouth and Mypa clubs with some poor ambitions international to get them to the glory.

wicht tactic you would recomend to those teams (or starting form the zero)in space of 2/3 years win international conpetitions and get fairly ambitius

Originally posted by Soverntear:

AMAZING simply amazing. any suggestions on building tactics? ive tryed this one with 4 different teams and none of them have lost yet. how did you make a tactic that can work with so many different teams and players?

what teams are you using? and which version? icon14.gif

suggestions on building tactics :

- dont think realistic tactic on IRL, realistic tactic means 'realistic result', IMO

- use middle-up team, 4-5 on prediction, and start on new game

- create many save game : vs lower team, vs same level team, vs better team, each home and away

- make sure that all your players have a very good / superb morale. excellent tactic + low morale = nothing

- make sure you know the best team talk for your team. excellent tactic + crap team talk = nothing

- load the same game 10+ times each to test your tactic and tweak it to explore the possibilities. some match, like vs MU away, i load same game almost 30 times but ive got nothing.... very very depressing icon_mad.gif

- load the same game immediately if you or your opp got a red card, penalty, own goal, corner bug, direct free kick....it means you are lucky, not your tactic is good

- excellent tactic should score / win on first half, not on second half....win on 2nd half means your half team talk is good, not your tactic

- read this forum, and try others tactics and discovering ai weakness

- LUCK.....is the important part icon_biggrin.gif, on some version (ie : FM 2007) i have no excellent tactic

- creating tactic for lower league teams is difficult... you cant discerning of bad tactic and good tactic with bad players

- if you think you got excellent tactic, test it on long run

- now its ready

hope it helps.. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by valete86:

hi Kimz very good work icon_wink.gif

well can you say anything about manage clubs like Benfica, Salzburg, Portsmouth and Mypa clubs with some poor ambitions international to get them to the glory.

wicht tactic you would recomend to those teams (or starting form the zero)in space of 2/3 years win international conpetitions and get fairly ambitius

my favorite is v2.1, ill be using v2.1 and v1 layout with 2.1 setting and tweaking every match as i wrote at page 14 icon14.gif

Originally posted by kimz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kern fern:

i seems to be drawing alot of matches using this tactic

try v2.1 icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey but whats the difference between 2.1 and 2.2?

which is better? and is this tactic suitable for lower league team?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soverntear:

AMAZING simply amazing. any suggestions on building tactics? ive tryed this one with 4 different teams and none of them have lost yet. how did you make a tactic that can work with so many different teams and players?

what teams are you using? and which version? icon14.gif

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im using V1. might try the other versions. i tryed it with man u, r madrid, lewes and maidenhead. all good results tryed with dorchester and well the results were none to good. thanks for the tips

Originally posted by Eleven_WBA:

I just played my first game as West Brom.

I've been stuck on one game for weeks now, every time I lose I quit the game and try again in a few days. I tried again with this tactic and won 4-1 away from home! looking good so far!

Dear Oh Dear...

Originally posted by kern fern:

and also u stated ur new 2.1v defensive line is 10 and 2.2v defensive line is 14.

2.2v is for against stronger team, doesnt it means ur defensive line is gonna push up? and what help does it have against defending against them?

yes, the different of v2.1 and v2.2 is the Def Line

as i wrote earlier, use v2.2 if the ai creating a lot of chance from their winger and you have fast defender

change the DL to 14, make ai winger past his ball earlier, and the number of crossing ball will reduce

TWEAKING

- I change the team setting on every match randomly (1=most left node, 20=most right, 11=default):

Tempo : 4 - 7 , high tempo vs good team, slow tempo vs weak team

Width : 13 - 14 , start game = 14, when ai playing narrow after 20+ game = 13

Defensive Line : 10 - 14,

- use 10/11 DL if your defender is slow,

- if you have fast def : higher DL when opp attacking

the main point is change these setting constantly on every match, so the ai will confuse and cant break this tactic on long run

- when securing win on minute 80, change your formation to (i change to this formation from v2.1) :

FC

| |

MC MC

DM DM DM

DL DC DC DR

TEAM TALK

see previous pages....

have fun...... icon_wink.gif

I don't understand why you change the team mentality. Your players are set up with individual mentalities which overwrite the team setting so why do you change the team mentality?

Also, the width. Are you saying that if the AI plays narrow then you play narrower too? icon_confused.gif

Originally posted by Dirty_ACE:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

TWEAKING

- I change the team setting on every match randomly (1=most left node, 20=most right, 11=default):

the main point is change these setting constantly on every match, so the ai will confuse and cant break this tactic on long run

- when securing win on minute 80, change your formation to (i change to this formation from v2.1) :

FC

| |

MC MC

DM DM DM

DL DC DC DR

TEAM TALK

see previous pages....

I don't understand why you change the team mentality. Your players are set up with individual mentalities which overwrite the team setting so why do you change the team mentality?

Also, the width. Are you saying that if the AI plays narrow then you play narrower too? icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont change the team mentality, but other team setting like width, DL and tempo

about the width.....at the start of the game ai played with their standard width (ie 13)

but after playing about 15-20 game using my tactic they change their width narrower (ie 10)

because of that, my tactic need little narrower as their DL/DR not marking my DL/DR on v1 or my DM on v2

thats how ai countering my tactic

and that happened on their def line and tempo.... so we need to adjust ours too all the time

adjust DL, tempo, width causing breaking our tactic harder...... at least on my tactic icon_wink.gif

Hey kimz, i read in the earlier part of this thread. its stated that if i manage to secure a win by first half, its because of the tactic. but if i only manage to secure the win after 2nd half, den its something to do with the half time teamtalk.

so far, im using tottenham, and im drawing almost all the matches when it reaches half time. im using version 2.1 currently. does it got to do with the morale of my team? im currently in season 1, the majority of my team's morale is around ok or poor. any suggestions what i can do to increase the morale of my team?

thanks

Originally posted by kern fern:

Hey kimz, i read in the earlier part of this thread. its stated that if i manage to secure a win by first half, its because of the tactic. but if i only manage to secure the win after 2nd half, den its something to do with the half time teamtalk.

i wrote that as suggestions on building tactics..... thats how we analyze that our tactic is working or not

so far, im using tottenham, and im drawing almost all the matches when it reaches half time. im using version 2.1 currently. does it got to do with the morale of my team? im currently in season 1, the majority of my team's morale is around ok or poor. any suggestions what i can do to increase the morale of my team?

thanks

to increase morale :

- use right team talk .... see my team talk on previous pages

- commenting on media preview

favorite (> 1-3) : you have what it takes to beat your opp

slightly favorite : opp have the ability to cause us problems, but were on good form i think we can win

not favorite : our recent form counts for nothing, i just want good performance

- renew your player contract

- tutoring young player, see young player - training overview...on coach report your coach will suggesting : .... feels that he may benefit from being tutored by .......

- make a right comment to player recent performance

- winning match of course

hope it helps icon_wink.gif

hi ive just started using your original tactic which as everyone said seems to be very useful at home but not so good away - I'm leeds in my 2nd season (championship) andI'm 2nd in the league however Its very tight between leeds middlesbrough and charlton at the top - I got top then lost the next game 5-1 away at Watford - and that was at half time!!!

this is my team

GK Jourdren/Edwards

DR McKenna/Lowing both loan

DC El-Mourabet/Geiger

DC Huntington

DL Sepsi/Golbourne

DMRC Prutton/Geiger

DMCL Douglas/Woods

AMRC Dalla Valle

AMC Howson/Buonanotte

AMLC Piatti/Da Costa

FC Stancu

I also have

Thiago - barca

Bazile

Doudin

Hora

Benzerga

Jan Polak

I'm just about to try version 2 - but Ive downloaded your skin from page 10 I think but I just want to know how you apply it???

cheers GC

Originally posted by Jablome:

Love the V1 tactic. Lots of fun.

One big issue I have not resolved:

I always outshoot my opponent, not enough shots on target and their keeper is regularly the MOM.

Thoughts?

Creativity on 1 means your players don't spend any time on the ball and shoot straight at the keeper a lot. Lots of saves made by the keeper as a result, thus his high rating.

Originally posted by Jablome:

Love the V1 tactic. Lots of fun.

One big issue I have not resolved:

I always outshoot my opponent, not enough shots on target and their keeper is regularly the MOM.

Thoughts?

change your tempo regularly by lowering 1-4 notch..... see pages 15 icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

I'm just about to try version 2 - but Ive downloaded your skin from page 10 I think but I just want to know how you apply it???

cheers GC

try v2.1 rather than original v2... pages 11

you mean the flex skin?

copy those files to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\skins

this is my 1st season with AC Milan.... good team...lot of money..... my favorite clubicon_biggrin.gif

ouGkaRkxR34345.jpg

oMQhRvWyk34346.jpg

using v2.1 with this setting :

OI

- DL/DML/ML/AML : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 10- (<= 10), show on foot right foot

- DR/DMR/MR/AMR : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 10-, show on foot left foot

- DM/MC/AMC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 10-

- FL/FR/SC : tight marking always, tackling hard if bravery 10-

- injured player : tackling hard

TWEAKING

FC

| |

MC MC

DM DM DM

DL DC DC DR

TEAM TALK

see previous pages....

Kimz can you explain me what are the changes you make: for example the tempo and width? cant seem to undestand and do it in my game. Thanks

WOW....

this tac is one of the best ive used if not THE best.

I loved croats tac, but i cant remember ever to have made a this good start.

played 21 games with sao paolo and have won them all....

my center defender scored 8 in 10 games and was sold becouse of board accepting bid, same happended to the other one, and so i used my ackup players, but bothe of them got 3mnt inj so im now playing talents and they do great... Think key is pssing so you dont loose the ball often. the games i loose balls to frequently i tend to let in 2-4 goals, but still i score 6+..lol

Have to add That Rogerio Ceni scored in the 88min against Palmeiras nailing the 6-3 win with a free kick from 30 yards... He is my goal keeper btw...lol

Hello guys

I am about to start a game with Man Utd and would like to know which version of the great tactic that you think would work best with the United team?

And if anyone have any tweaks that would be good for a version of the tactics for Man Utd I would appreciate it very much..

Thanks in advance

jance

just beat chelski 8-3 with wigan. I had 25 shots but chelski had 17. IMO this is the best attacking tactic for fm08 but the defending needs some work (especially if your playing as a bottom end table team). I had a better defence with my 4-4-2 so i'm going to try combining them in some way.

Great Tactic!! icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

I cant find the flex file in this thread could you please direct us again please?

I found the file on my computer and I copied it and sent it to the skins file but I cant apply it to my game, I click on skins and the only ones I can select are FM2008 and FM2008 right???

cheers GC

After starting a game with a lower league Greek team predicted to finish bottom and being the underdog in every single game I was sitting outside the relegation zone with another tactic set.

Went back to Kimz 2.1 and have won 8 games on the trot! Only losing my last game to a top 3 side, media is now tipping me as an outsider for promotion, although I think this season this is beyond me.

I do find tight marking and weaker foot for wide players is working even with my poor team.

I wanted to mention something. Playing as Sheff U. Having been using version 2.2 and around February I stopped using OI. Stopped conceding as well. Went on to win LC, League and FA Cup. Only had one draw in there a 1-1 where I finally gave up a goal and couldn't score. Beat Arsenal 2-0 in FA QTR Beat Everton 2-0 in FA Final.

Anyway, I had no complaints about 2.2 using OI, I just found it strange that when I stopped using them I gave up LESS goals. Maybe it's a matter of switcjing every so often or this team just got used to the system?

I have played every league from BSP upwards with V2 and have no issues with defence. This is with plain zonal and no OI, no change home or away, and no change when AI go 424.

Archived