kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tactic is rediculously good

Darlington 7-1 Portsmouth

Darlington 4-2 Sunderland (cup)

Darlington 3-2 Sheff Utd

Darlington 3-1 Millwall

Portsmouth were top of league, sunderland are in the prem, im in championship.

It just doesnt feel right though using this tactic, something is wrong with it so i will be back to my miserable days of suffering i think from now on, although it was nice to actually play well for a change.

Great job kimz.

Excellent Tactic turned m Man utd season around im using it on th original unpatched version and its workng a treat anybody else silly enough to to do this? Has anyone noticed how many yellow cards the other teams pick up against you? Also dinding it quite annoying only having one striker on the pitch as its not good for morale or indeeed blooding young players, in fairness though goals do come mainly from other positions.

I was beating Crewe 5-0 in a pre-season friendly and Crewe had 1 shot to my 22. At half time I took the oi off and crew scored 2 and ended up with about 14 shots. I think it is important to use oi.

Back to back promotions with Oxford without any OIs.

Use at least two Strikers a TM fast striker although Berbs is good as a link man, and an AM/FC.

After having success with smaller clubs with this tactic I decided to have a go with Celtic.

Won the league scoring 118 goals!!!

Final 2008 League Table

SPL Player Stats

End of season squad

Won the league and the CIS cup, lost the Scottish Cup quarter final to Dundee Utd, they beat me 3-1. They had 3 shots on target, I had 17!

Managed to get out of my Champions League group containing Man U, Roma and Besiktas. Got Barca in the first knockout round, lost 1-0 at home and 3-2 away.

I'm using v2.1 but sliders far left for Gk and DC's for Fruns, rwb, long shots, ttb and cross.

Find Kimz's pointers on chaning the tempo and mentality make a difference, still haven't decided about using OI's yet.

Hi Kimz. I'm really looking forward to trying out these tactics. I've downloaded all the versions and am now using them in pre season. I'm Atletico Madrid and an attacking three of Maxi Rodriguez, Aguero and Simao (or Reyes) behind Forlan sounds pretty tasty don't you think? All the best.

this is an excellent tactic.

Version 1 didn't work for me

HOWEVER

V2-

NEWCASTLE

S1-2nd prem

s2-1st prem

s3-1st prem

s4-2nd prem but won champions league

COLCHESTER

S1-playoffs 3rd place

S2-2nd Promotion

S3-5th Prem

It works for both good and really bad teams i havent tried V 2.1 or 2.2 yet cos i see no need at present.

Excellent tactic has amazed me as i always get 100+ goals a season

Van der Vaart is excellent in AMC centre and Martins 50 goals a season

Originally posted by andrewyo:

kimz your ac milan(100GOAL) using V1 or v2/2.1/2.2(if V1 formation with v2.1 setting can you post ?)if v2/2.1/2.2 you have tweak can you post?(sorry my english so bad)

i used v2.1 as my default, and tweaking the tempo, width and DL almost on every match, as i mentioned before

sometimes change the tactic layout (using v2.1 with v1 layout) : Kimz_802_No_Tweaking_v21_with_v1_layout

Originally posted by GeesusChrist:

I cant find the flex file in this thread could you please direct us again please?

I found the file on my computer and I copied it and sent it to the skins file but I cant apply it to my game, I click on skins and the only ones I can select are FM2008 and FM2008 right???

cheers GC

Flex 1.2

copy to skin folder

open FM08 preferences, display and sounds : untick use skin cache, tick always reload skin on confirm

click confirm

the get it back as before : tick use skin cache, untick always reload skin on confirm icon_wink.gif

Been playing for 11 seasons or so, first with Darlington then Real Madrid and now with Roma. Decided at the start of the season this would be my last with Roma so decided to give this tactic a go. Was previously using B1GD.

As you can see won 36 out of 38. First time ever i have had no draws in a season. The 2 i lost were away at Juve (5-0!) and away at Fiorentina (2-1) and won the leauge by 31 points. Lost in first round of the italian cup 3-2 on agg to Milan and lost in the champions leauge final 3-2 to Juve icon_mad.gif

Very good tactic. Off now to try it will my old team Darlo.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/stephenmillward/Table.jpg[/img] ]Table.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/stephenmillward/Team.jpg[/img] ]Team.jpg

Iam playing with Ajax and in the first 5 friendlys i dont play any good. I have a good squad but it looks like my defense is poor. The teams are walking through my defense very simple and score and shoot alot from distance , what can i do to this and make it working?

I play 8.02 and played with both versions

I may just figure out why this tactic work so well for good teams, even for away games. It seems that players with very high personality stats like pressure, professionalism, ambition, loyalty and temperament are much easier to motivate in team talks. This tactic pushes almost every player up and so maximises the chance to assist or shoot at goal.

So far I have not tested this theory, if someone can put together a mediocre team with high personality stats to test this, we will know that even cheap players can work with this tactic, as long as their personality is professional, resolute or light heart and so on.

Originally posted by Airz:

this is an excellent tactic.

Version 1 didn't work for me

HOWEVER

V2-

NEWCASTLE

S1-2nd prem

s2-1st prem

s3-1st prem

s4-2nd prem but won champions league

COLCHESTER

S1-playoffs 3rd place

S2-2nd Promotion

S3-5th Prem

It works for both good and really bad teams i havent tried V 2.1 or 2.2 yet cos i see no need at present.

Excellent tactic has amazed me as i always get 100+ goals a season

Van der Vaart is excellent in AMC centre and Martins 50 goals a season

I'm using Van der Vaart as the left attacking midfielder on my FC Bayern game and he's producing goals and assists out of nothing.

Schweinsteiger is fantastic in the centre and Klose has more than 1 goal per game average.

Breno has banged in 11 goals from corners so far, and I've just reached the first season winter break.

I'm currently looking for a replacement for Altintop, because he's not playing well as the right DM. Oh, and I can't even threaten Toni to score, he's rubbish so far with 2 goals in the cup against Paderborn as his only contribution.

Loving this tactic! icon14.gif

Following back to back promotions with Oxford, I took the Spurs job on offer, and with exactly same tactics, no tweaking, won Prem and League Cup. Oxford just missed out on play offs with the team I left behind.

For DMs try- Banega, Veloso and Sankhare

Hi Kimz,

I've used your tactics, both version 1 & 2. My team attack very well & often score 3-5 goals a match. But my team seems not very well in defending, often concede a in the 2nd haft (the player condition still good), My team often win 2, 3 goals in 1st half, and often be drawn or loss in the 2nd haft.

The first season in English conference, My teams scored about 130 goals/42 match but conceded about 60-70/42 match.

Do you have any solutions?

Hi Kimz,

Great work on a wonderful tactic.

Just a couple of questions. I noticed you like to modify the tempo, width and DL in matches.

I noticed changing the tempo to slow helps product more goals against weaker oppisitions. The questions are have for you are with the following scenarios:

- What tweaks do you apply when you go a goal down early. Do you raise the tempo, slow it down? raise DL? go wider?

- Does the same scenario differ with quality opposition?

- Last 15 minutes when you are trying to get a goal what do you tweak? Do you ever change the closing down or cf sliders?

all very good solid tactics but the latest are the best the v2.1 and v2.2

below was my last game which went better then exspected

ive only lost 2 games all season a 1-0 defeat to man city and a 3-0 defeat to arsenal in cup

Originally posted by webcentjes:

Iam playing with Ajax and in the first 5 friendlys i dont play any good. I have a good squad but it looks like my defense is poor. The teams are walking through my defense very simple and score and shoot alot from distance , what can i do to this and make it working?

I play 8.02 and played with both versions

try v2.1 at page 11

and tweaking tips at page 14 icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Dang Tran Tuan Anh:

Hi Kimz,

I've used your tactics, both version 1 & 2. My team attack very well & often score 3-5 goals a match. But my team seems not very well in defending, often concede a in the 2nd haft (the player condition still good), My team often win 2, 3 goals in 1st half, and often be drawn or loss in the 2nd haft.

The first season in English conference, My teams scored about 130 goals/42 match but conceded about 60-70/42 match.

Do you have any solutions?

try v2.1 at page 11, and tweaking tips at page 14

Originally posted by Hatem:

Hi Kimz,

Great work on a wonderful tactic.

Just a couple of questions. I noticed you like to modify the tempo, width and DL in matches.

I noticed changing the tempo to slow helps product more goals against weaker oppisitions. The questions are have for you are with the following scenarios:

- What tweaks do you apply when you go a goal down early. Do you raise the tempo, slow it down? raise DL? go wider?

- Does the same scenario differ with quality opposition?

- Last 15 minutes when you are trying to get a goal what do you tweak? Do you ever change the closing down or cf sliders?

What tweaks do you apply when you go a goal down early?

change my GK if the ai scoring 2 goals in half game .....you should have quality GK for your sub

change striker if he cannot score when he got a lot of chance

change players with rating 5-

i do no tweak if my players got a lot of chance and dominating game

if not :

- i change tempo + vs strong team, and less tempo vs weak team

- add DL 1 or 2 thick

- if still not working (not dominating game), change tempo,DL,width randomly ....... desperate move icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif ..... but it works icon_confused.gif

- i never change closing down or CF

Originally posted by CookieColeman:

Great tactic, but is there any way to improve the ratings of the DMs?

sometimes i change the formation to v1 formation, but still using v2.1 team and individual setting

and my DM rating will raise to 7 at the end of 2nd half

i have used tactic 1 with arsenal and have had very mixed results using v1. i seem to destory all the big teams a, but lose ( away from home ) or draw ( at home) with the teams you should always beat.

What tactic would you use

ok update on how things are going.

tablefm8.png

squadtc6.png

i have top goals scored but i let a few in. im using opp instructions and v2.1 and 2.2. i think ive managed 2 clean sheets all season.

im going to switch zogbia and vaart around but any idears on how to make defence abit better via tactic would be nice as it should be better then it is

any suggestions?

Originally posted by davey22:

i have used tactic 1 with arsenal and have had very mixed results using v1. i seem to destory all the big teams a, but lose ( away from home ) or draw ( at home) with the teams you should always beat.

i recommend v2.1.... page 11, and tweak it as i describe at page 14

Originally posted by davey22:

try v2.1 at page 11, tweak it as i describe at page 14, try my team talk at page 12 icon14.gif

Originally posted by 13xForever:

ok update on how things are going.

i have top goals scored but i let a few in. im using opp instructions and v2.1 and 2.2. i think ive managed 2 clean sheets all season.

im going to switch zogbia and vaart around but any idears on how to make defence abit better via tactic would be nice as it should be better then it is

any suggestions?

you are scoring a lot, but conceded too much IMO

try tweak v2.1 as i describe at page 14....

if you are still conceding a lot, check your team talk, especially to your GK and defenders.

if didnt work too, buy excellent GK (i recommend Lloris) and defender next season

I don't know if it is just for 8.02 as I have 8.01 with the skin

I'm very unsure about this tactic v2.1 I beat nearly everyone in the first 8 games at leeds, only 1 0-0 draw at home, but otherwise I concede bucket loads of goals

In the league cup I got Fulham (prm) at home in the second round and beat them 3-0

In the 3rd round I got Norwich (CHP) away and I beat them 7-0 which was great

then I only just beat bournemouth away 2-0

then CHELTENHAM - no offence to any fans they've got but who the **** are cheltenham beat me 1-0 at home due to a crappy back pass

my team is this: -

*second half

GK Kotenko

DR Tacalfred/Richardson*

DC Huntington

DC Marques

DL Sepsi/Civelli*

DM Lazar

DM Prutton/Douglas*

AMRC Kronaveter/Rothery*

AMC Buonanotte/Howson*

AMLC Da Costa

FC Stancu

got jourdren on bench as well

Ive spent about 3 million by adjusting the budget and selling players but I signed a defender and for some reason he is coming at the beginning of next season so because I sold heath - who has pace of 7 - I have no cover but derry is a competent DC if needed

Kimz the links on page 11 did not work with me .... rapid share is sso confusin also the other link wich u placed..... can u gimme another link coz im rlly so interseted and lovin ur tactic icon_smile.gif

Kimz let me just say tx u for a truly wonderful tactic, you one smart cookie icon_smile.gif

If u find this tactic too good guys dont pick roma, man u ect thats just over kill go for a smaller club like oh i dont know wigan or derby if u have to play top flight right away, personally i go right from the bottom of your chosen country and work u way up there is nothing like the challenge of your £100K team (if u lucky) taking on the big boys icon_smile.gif.

Remeber there is nothing better then when a player turns your down for not being good enough for him to hand him a 5-0 drubbing to his new team (even better if he is the goalieicon_smile.gif

kimz - You're a genius mate!

First season with Arsenal (I know, I know, good team, 'cheat' tactic - I'm not a 'proper' FM player!) - won Champs League, won the Prem, League Cup (beat Man Utd 6-5 in the final!!), lost in FA Quarters to Newcastle.

Brilliant tactic. van Persie in the left most AMC position had 38(9) apps, 31 goals, 37 assists. The man is a God! He's moaning though, something about he wants a new challenge... if I lose him, can anyone recommend a good replacement? Bare in mind I've got a few bob to spend!

Couple of things I've noticed about this tactic:

Opponent players get booked alot

You seem to get awarded alot of penalties

Fullbacks pick up quite a few bookings

Tactic seems to respond well to letting goals in, makes for some great comebacks!

M Fernandez about 13.5m.

In fact Fernandez, VDV and Guilherme are 3 of best for the 3 AMCs. Lower Leagues try loaning Danny Rose of Spurs worked wonders at Leeds and Swansea and I'm sure this tactic is made for Berbs upfront.

Kimz...........Firstly, i read through the WHOLE 16 pages of this tactic to get the total feedback and make sure i haven`t missed anything in case i ask later and i must say..........this tactic is nice to watch and very effective and i don`t mean when managing as a Barcelona or an Arsenal but the famous.....Leyton Orient of Coca Cola League 2 icon_wink.gif

With a wage bill of 16000 pounds per week it didn`t leave me much options so i just brought in 4 season long loaned players and 2 cheapies so here are some screen shots of my career so far.

BTW, i was predicted to come 17th (last year finished 19th when i was with previous club)

Below is what my squad looks like.

Leyton Orient Squad http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u163/kingkong0707/Le...onOrient_Players.png

Here is a screeny of my fixtures so far. As you can see i won 4 on the trot then lost 4 out of my next 5 so i had doubts about this tactic working with lower teams but i stuck with it as a team takes time to gel together with a new tactic PLUS 5-6 new players will have to gel also.

Fixtures so far

Here is what the league table looks like at current........... League Table

This is versus the side who was previously top of the table and the media favourite to win the league after being relegated the previous year.

As you can see from the stats it is encouraging except the shots on target but i have an excuse!!!.......3 of my loaned players were away on international duty so i had to use my some reserves and as i watched the game unfold, i was very confident that i was going to win and 1-0 should have really been 4 or 5 but just one of those days when your top players are not available and being in league 2, my reserve was not much class.

Top of table clash

This is my most recent game vs Morecame at Christie Park. Before this game, they were 3rd in league, W7 D1 L0 of last 8 and were unbeaten at home so i was a bit worried before the game.

Another BIG game

As you can see, i blew them off the park with a resounding win and i feel in my side that this is just the start of a long a good run (as long as my squad doesn`t get injured!)

I believe that if this tactic works with a team like this then SURELY with a few half decent signing here and there and the correct training and balance in your squad, this tactic should work with ANY TEAM..........Patience is all you need.

I am only using the V2.1 version as i was getting mixed results on V2.2 but 2.1 has worked a treat so far and i have been tweaking here and there when need be.

I plan to finish the first season by this time tomorrow night and i will let you know how i go.....I am going to stay with Leyton Orient until i win Premiership, Champions League and FA Cup in one year or when i get the ass icon_eek.gif

Once again........thanks icon_wink.gif

i see you have posted 4 tactics in page 11... which one do you thing it's better in your opinion, or someone that tried all 4 of them? v 1, v 2, v 2.1 or v 2.2?

and one more question:

can someone post a link to "Wolfsong's guide to team talks - Fm08" because i can't find the thread.

Tactic continues to impress. Lots of fun using it and tweaking it.

One thing I am noticing that is annoying:

About half the time, the opposing keeper is the man of the match. I wonder if anyone else is seeing that and if they have found a way of countering it. I always outshoot the opponent, usually by a very wide margin. The wonder keepers are keeping some games much closer than they should be.

Well, I knew it would happen.

Playing MUFC.

Won the League for second straight year.

Won LC.

Then lost in finals in FA to Arsenal and CPL to Real Madrid.

Both games we had many, many more chances. Both games we had leads. Both games their keeper is the MOM.

Getting sick of that.

Originally posted by 3alawi:

Kimz the links on page 11 did not work with me .... rapid share is sso confusin also the other link wich u placed..... can u gimme another link coz im rlly so interseted and lovin ur tactic icon_smile.gif

here we are ....... Kimz_complete_tactics_080510

i recommend v2.1 and v2.1_with_v1_layout icon14.gif

Archived