kimz 8.0.2 tactic WITH NO TWEAK AT ALL!!! the best tactic for fm08??? RATE IT!!!

Which version do you like most ?  

1,003 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you like most ?

I have been using this tactic with Leyton Orient in the Coca Cola League 2 and my prediction was 17th before the season started and i won the league comfortably.

I then won division one and are currently top of the championship half way through the season.

This is the best ALL ROUND tactic which you can use with lower league sides aswell as top flight teams.

Neverless, i still done some hard earned scouting for decent bargain players and used the OI and match tweaking so it isnt a matter of just using a tactic and......HEY PRESTO!! Thats what i feel when i read some posts.

I will post screenshots of my previous years in charge if needed, as i just thought it would be a massive scroll of pics if i did.

My mission this weekend is to take Orient to the premiership and have a full season in there before i go to work on monday!!

will update.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mattbuck:

Question.

I am using 2.1.

When should i change width and tempo? Should i play slow at home and fast away?

Somewhere in this thread (page 14, 16 i think) mention when to change width and tempo and what to etc but after playing three seasons using this tactic, you may want to change it at different times in the game depending on the curcumstances but that comes after getting a good feel for the tactic. icon_wink.gif

I tried other tactics before using this with my Blackburn side without too much success. I finished 9th in my first season. Switched to this tactic at the beginning of my second season and so far by christmas time i am in 5th. Had quite a few topsy turvy games with this though, 4-1 losses to Portsmouth, Chelsea and Arsenal along with a 1-0 loss to Watford. Mind you i have had some spectacular results too, 4-2 win against Man Utd and 5-1 against Liverpool and 6-0 against Derby. If i can somehow curb those losses somehow then this will become one of the best tactics i have ever used in FM. Great work!!

This tactic sure is weird, one game you win 8-1 next you loose 0-4.

I have a 60% win rate by only using this tactic and its 2015 in my game.

Games won: 262

Games Drawn: 70

Games lost: 103

435 Matches played

Scored 982 Goals (2,3 p/m)

Conceded 535 (1,2 p/m)

I'll give it a 8/10

Does anyone else seem to get persistent yellow cards for the two Defensive Midfielders in this formation?

Every single game both of my DMs gets a yellow card, and every other game one of them gets sent off.

It's not even just two dirty midfielders either, whoever I play in those positions gets a yellow or red.

Can anyone tell me where to put this tactic file exactly? I've downloaded it and put it into

program files/sports interacive/football manager 08/data/tactics

But when I go into my game it's not there???

I use Kimz V2 on a no tweak basis with following results

Spurs 9 consecutive title

Arsenal Title

Reading 6th

Leeds promoted

Swansea 1st (undefeated in league)

QPR promoted 5th 7th

Oxford back to back promotions-Spurs 3rd season Title

Sunderland 6th

Liverpool Title

Originally posted by bazblock:

which one is everyone using?? there seems to be loads of versions??

i recommend v2.1 and v2.1_with_v1_layout

and tweak it every single match

complete tactics : page 16

team talk : page 12

tweaking & latest OI : page 14

Originally posted by enflz:

Can anyone tell me where to put this tactic file exactly? I've downloaded it and put it into

program files/sports interacive/football manager 08/data/tactics

But when I go into my game it's not there???

put it in : my document\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2008\tactics

One area of this tactic I'm working on trying to develop and think a few others should too is trying to crack long throws.

I've been playing around a bit tonight in matches with settings on a game that didnt really matter and at times, decent long throw-ins work almost the same as corners - get a decent heading player up there and you can get goals, however, i've been more trying it with defenders and it leaves you incredibly vulnerable to counter attacks if it fails.

I don't know if anyone else is looking into this aspect too

I create this team (only 3 players made by me, rest were low skilled) and used only your tactic. Possebon assists so many goals, he played on the left side at DM in my tactic. Most of these players are computer-created, like Barat who is my key player icon_smile.gif

I just bought a few good AMC's and my team is now unbeatable.

2cieexx.png

mcg6eq.png

e5lq15.png

2agq4r9.png

2yy5huc.png

Originally posted by Sicknote09:

Tyler42 - My mate has the same name as your youngest player. Is that a custom player of yours/friend of yours or is it just coincidence?!

Graham McHale was a created for the youth team, by the game itself. He retired a long time ago since he was only a Blue Square league material and barely that.

Originally posted by santy001:

One area of this tactic I'm working on trying to develop and think a few others should too is trying to crack long throws.

I've been playing around a bit tonight in matches with settings on a game that didnt really matter and at times, decent long throw-ins work almost the same as corners - get a decent heading player up there and you can get goals, however, i've been more trying it with defenders and it leaves you incredibly vulnerable to counter attacks if it fails.

I don't know if anyone else is looking into this aspect too

once, i have developed long throw that make ST unmarked and score easily, but i lost that setting and cant remember how to create it again icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by Defuser:

kimz, have you ever thought about making a new tactic with wings ?

i did, but not work.... icon_razz.gif

i have created tactic with 3 striker, 4-1-4-1, tactic with 3 Defender...... but ..... icon_frown.gif

ooooooh I LOVE THIS TACTIC icon_smile.gif

used it 3 match for now with liverpool OMG

3-0 totenham win (home)

6-2 Newcastle win (home)

3-1 Porto win (away)

porto match was the craziest match EVER

they start with 1-0 at min 2

gerard even the game at min 5 with a WOW goal

then they killed me i mean they got crossbows they was sitting on my goal reina was FANTASTIC

and then mascherano injured their 2 best players ((lucho and quaresma)) in min 36 , 42 without getting even a card LoL

and then torres scored in the second half

and riise with the 3rd goal

================

the player rating fantastic

almost all of them get 8

man u should try the tactic with liverpool

play with gerrard and mascherano as dm

and BABEL (( the best player in my formation since i use this tactic he just grabbed young player of the month ))

play him as amc the middle 1

and kuyt amc left 1

and i play with cani as amc right 1

and torres who every game score and assist at least once as st

torres last rating 5 games all of them get 8

Originally posted by ManU@oldtrafford:

kimz great tac icon14.gif

is there a page reconmending what type of players need for each position?

thanks

the most important players to make these tactics work, v1 and all v2 variant :

- GK : buy an excellent GK if possible, these tactics is an attacking formation, defending is the most difficult job

- All Defender (DL/DR/DC) : Use fast (15+ pace and acceleration) and high workrate (15+), and other excelent defending attribute if possible

- Left AMC : high finishing, long shot, flair, decision, technique

if i start a new season, players with that position will be my first attention

other positions are my next concern if theres still available cash

for DM on v2 and DL/DR on v1 : use good defending one, other attribute is plus. their job are defending and distracting the opp DL & DR and creating space for 3AMC

use AMC on 3AMC pos, dont use FC or winger.....sometimes they wont work well

for SC : in my experience, SC is better than FC

center AMC : put very creative player with high passing, technique, decision, flair

hope it helps... icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by lfc4ever:

is there a link to the tactics? ive tried the old links on this thread and they are not working for me. can some1 please help.

complete tactics : page 16

team talk : page 12

tweaking & latest OI : page 14

Fantastic tactic. In my second season as Man City. 2nd in the league in my first season and won the FA Cup. Now in my second season was drawn in a champions league group with Barca and Roma, critics writing me off. First group game away in the Nou Camp, beat barca 3-2. Also leading the premiership by 5 points after 6 games including a win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Great tactic.

The Tactic is great.. as kimz mentioned before...the main key seems to handy the OI properly...

some people complain about conceding late goals...i highly advice those guys to check the formations screen or read the commentary box.

as soon as a player gets on the pitch..you need to configure OI for him...an when players switch positions you gotta adjust the OI, too.

when i played barcelona last time...ronaldinho and messi constantly switeched their MR/ML Roles..so i had to switch their OI settings also everytime. keep an eye on that and you will succed with 2.1 version

heey man i just want to tell u that if u can put all the info in the first page like put the hole tactics in the first page and put what team talk that should be said and the recommend players u know the things for the tactics to work best so no body will need to search 16 pages O_o

and u wont be need to answer all questions again and again icon_smile.gif

Guest juppe

great tactic..but seems a bit inconsistent at times. i have been conceding alot of goals to teams like everton(yakubu), and sunderland(samaras). Fast strikers seem to be able to score very easily against me with this formation. Also, i have been experiencing super keepers alot (keepers with rating 8-9 and mom), like 4 times in the past 8 matches. And i jus lost 4-2 to lazio in the champs league with my keeper getting a rating of 5 (hugo lloris) even though i dominated most of the match. Is there something wrong. Overall, im 2nd in the league and still in all cups (oh yaah i'm using man city and in the 3rd season at the moment) icon_wink.gif

I've used the tactic with R.Madrid and its sheer magic. I've struggled abit with Fm08 but this tactic changed everything.

Im scoring goals from all positions, oddly enough my two centre backs score loads (10+ each halfway through the seson).

A quick question Kimz, everything is going fine but my SC isnt exactly banging them in, midfield is going crazy, all scoring but V.Nistelrooy just doesnt seem to be able to take full advantage of my tactic,which is unusual, as im freescoring with this tactic.

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by kimz:

- All Defender (DL/DR/DC) : Use fast (15+ pace and acceleration) and high workrate (15+), and other excelent defending attribute if possible

Why workrate for the defenders?

And could you tell me if the FC/SC should be a Target Man at tactics and if yes which attributes?

Guest Phillip Phlop

Tyler - how did you get this tactic to work in lower league? I have started a game as Hampton & Richmond and I'm really struggling. I can't find players that are good enough for this formation that will join my club!

I have previously found this tactic to be great, but that was with Liverpool.

Thanks to Kimz

Originally posted by helius:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kimz:

Why workrate for the defenders?

And could you tell me if the FC/SC should be a Target Man at tactics and if yes which attributes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jumping, heading is the most important attribute. but you can use the fast strikers.

I think, if I have fast defenders, i can play better. Now i'm playing with deep defensive line. It's creating spaces in the middle of the park, but it's still working well with this settings.

2.1 seems to be the most preferred, or kimz himself says 2.1 with 1's instructions is good too

I use 2.1 and adapt the tempo per game, per opponent and so far it's going great guns for Liverpool. But again it depends on who you use it with aswell i guess

Heyz kimz, tou the train I already Benfica in the 4 th season but it still can not win the UEFA Champions League, finally not understand lol. She was here to search the forum of SI, and noticed that there is considerable praise on this tactic, I wanted to know which version recommended .. vai my team hereicon_smile.gif

Ochoa / Quim

Modesto / Sakho

Faubert / Arbilla

Vidal-Samba

Kuzmanovic-Diarra

Traore-Willian-Gyan-Valencia-Aquino-Buonannote-Millan and Cardozo

Phillip

I've restarted with Oxford as I wanted Spurs as Parent, so I can use the youth team, who do not get the opportunity when I manage Spurs.

Raid your parent for Loans, check the good player guide, although most of the Oxford originals play well in this formation.

I combined this tactic with the corner trick and oh my god... I am winning EVERY single friendly and EURO 2012 qualifier with Turkey. I just won 0-4 against Italy AWAY. This tactic really is incredible.

Archived