Crouchy, any info on Leicester?

I noticed we're in the Premier League. Any interesting staff or former staff?

Leicester were in the Championship until 2031/32 when they spent one unsuccessful season in the Premier League. However, they were back for more in 2037/38 and have been there for the last couple of seasons. Steady progress.

Third placed in the Championship twice in 2033 and 2036. Not a lot else to talk about.

Current manager is former Blackburn player Ryan Nelsen. Damien Duff was manager before him.

Out of the 2009 squad, Jack Hobbs is a first team coach at Blackburn, Lloyd Dyer is a scout at Coventry and Andy King is a scout at Doncaster Rovers.

The rest are retired.

What have Derby done over the 30 years Crouchy?

Championship up until 2030. One year in the Prem and straight back down.

Then up and down in the early 2030s, until staying up in 2037/38. Finished 17th last season.

Championship winners in 2035. Runners up twice before that. No luck in the cups.

Jermaine Defoe was manager for a while in the late 2010s. Ledley King was manager after him for only 7 months. Keeping up the Spurs link, Tom Huddlestone was manager for a bit but lasted only 4 months! Lee Cattermole helped the push to the Prem but a regen manager was the one who kept you up.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crouchaldinho, could you post a 'Where are they now' for Manchester City please? Also, which managers have Man City had?

Nedum Onuoha is assistant manager at Ipswich. Stephen Ireland is a coach at Arsenal. Kolo Toure is at coach at Chelsea. Micah Richards is a first team coach at Ipswich. Shaun Wright-Phillips is first team coach at West Brom. Wayne Bridge is a youth coach at Blackpool.

The rest have retired!

Mark Hughes won loads of stuff and oversaw your move to Power Park. He retired after a glorious number of years at the top in 2028, having won you a couple of Premier League titles, 4 Europa Leagues, 5 FA Cups, and 2 League Cups. You were also runners up in the Prem on 4 occasions under Hughes.

Next up was Marcelino, who lasted a year and then retired.

Freddy Adu was manager from 2029 to 2030 and he didn't win anything and so was fired.

Paul Bento came in and only won a League Cup. He made way for World Cup winning manager Michael Owen in 2032.

Owen has since made the Champions League final twice but failed to win it. He has led you to 3 Premier League titles and finished as runners up in the years you didn't win it. He has also won 2 Europa Leagues and a League Cup.

Just read this whole thread, great work!

Just wondering a few things, what is the size of Bristol City's ground and is it a new one? Also, what changes occured in the Bristol City board room, how long did Steve Lansdown stay as Chairman?

Thanks in advance!

Bristol are still in their old ground.

You've had Gary Neville, Paul Ince and Jonathan Woodgate as manager. Not what you asked, but I thought it was worth mentioning!

Steve Lansdown didn't leave until 2020.

do you know what happened to the likes of Mancienne, Sturridge, Fabio da Silva, Rafael da Silva, Wilshere, Fran Merida and any other youngsters?

Mancienne - no sign of him.

Sturridge- 49-year-old manager of Sheff Wed. His playing career saw 296 apps, 142 goals. Most were for Sampdoria who he joined in 2016/17 for £4.1m. 7 caps and 6 goals for England.

Fabio da Silva & Rafael da Silva - no sign.

Wilshere - is a 47-year-old coach at Malaga. His playing career saw 443 apps, 80 goals. Played the best part of his career at A.C. Milan (he moved to them for £13.5m in 2013/14). came back to play for Man City for £41.5m. Finished his career at West Brom.

Won very little with Milan but won the Premier League and FA Cup at Man City.

44 caps for England and 18 goals.

Fran Merida - first team coach who is unemployed at the moment.

Most of his playing career was spent at Tenerife, where he moved in 2012/13 on a free.

Career total - 265 apps, 42 goals.

Uncapped.

What is Federico Macheda up to?

I'm in season 2021 and had him at my squad when I took over Villa. He was absolute crap so I sold him to Liverpool for £10M where he has done absolutely nothing, and has dropped down to a value of £4.25M after a string of poor performances.

Not recommended.

This is a great read crouchaldinho :)

Could you give an update on A.C. Milan, please?

A.C. Milan had their best success in the 2030s when they won 2 Champions Leagues and 4 Serie A titles, ending up as runners up pretty much every time they didn't win it during this decade. They also won 4 Italian Cups.

Most of this was achieved under manager Hristo Stoichkov, who laid the foundations before he retired early on in 2030, and then Fernando Morientes after him.

Morientes has since resigned to become manager of Spain and Arda Turan, who had a long career at Man City, has taken over. Turan wasted no time in getting to grips with the side, taking them to a Champions League title and 2nd place in Serie A.

Nice idea.

I would be glad if you can give some information about Fenerbahce and Turkish national team.

Fenerbahce - I don't have Turkey loaded so I can only tell you about Europe. In the Champions League, they've always gone out in the group stages or the first knock-out round. They have made three Europa Quarter-finals but never managed to get any further.

Turkey are 10th in the World Rankings. They were runners up in the World Cup in 2026. They won the Euros in 2020!

Funnily enough, if you see the above post, Arda Turan was captain when Turkey won the Euros and went on to be manager of the national team taking them to the World Cup final in 2026. He has had quite a career as manager.

Is it just me who thinks that the info, provided so nicely by Crouch, rise some critical questions in relation to what most of us will considers as realistic? Of course non of these future-based hypotheses cant be verified because no variables can be used to confirm or deny what can be considered realistic in the year 2039 IRL, but I still need to ask some critical questions in relation to this.

The first thing that hit me is the info about the development of new stadiums. I see that several clubs, clubs which in reality had confirmed that they are going to build new stadiums in the near future, have not done this in the year 2039 on FM. Among those are Bristol City, Portsmouth, Liverpool, etc. Those who have built the new stadium is actually the clubs which already have the newest stadiums IRL, and stadium with big capacity, such as Arsenal. What is even more worrisome is the fact that very few new stadiums have appeared taken into consideration that the game is in year 2039. If we also take into consideration the changes in demographics, the number of people in this world will become higher than today, the need for newer and larger stadiums will be even greater in the future. In addition, we built the new stadiums each time it is held Wolrd Cup or European Cup, good exampel is what is happening in South Africa right now.

The second thing that hit me was all these players of today who have made succesful manager career, but who according to my preferences do not have the proximity personality to become managers, such as Owen etc. I understand, and I think many will agree with me, that Terry or Gerrard could become successful coaches or managers most because they have both the personality and authority that suits this kind of a job, but Dyer for example, or Owen, is far from someone who I consider as people with these qualities. Most of the successful managers IRL have had mediocre, or simply failed player careers, examples of this are many: Maurinho, Lippi, Hiddink, Advocaat, Allardyce etc. The thing that all these have in common is the personality and authority to be a manager, something that I dont see in Owen who according to this game is the most succesful manger in 2039.

Is it just me who thinks that the info, provided so nicely by Crouch, rise some critical questions in relation to what most us will considers as realistic? Of course non of these futur-based hypotheses cant be verified because no variables can be used to confirm or deny what can be considered realistic in the year 2039 IRL, but I still need to ask some critical questions in relation to this.

The first thing that hit me is the info about the development of new stadiums. I see that several clubs, clubs which in reality had confirmed that they are going to build new stadiums in the near future, have not done this in the year 2039 on FM. Among those are Bristol City, Portsmouth, Liverpool, etc. Those who have built the new stadium is actually the clubs which already have the newest stadiums IRL, and stadium with big capacity, such as Arsenal.

The second thing that hit me was all these current players who have made succesful manager career, but who according to my preferences do not have the proximity personality to become managers, such as Owen etc. I understand, and I think many will agree with me, that Terry or Gerrard could become successful coaches or managers most because they have both the personality and authority that suits this kind of a job, but Dyer for example, or Owen, is far from someone who I consider as people with these qualities. Most of the successful managers IRL have had mediocre, or simply failed player careers. Examples of this are many: Maurinho, Lippi, Hiddink, Advocaat, Allardyce etc. The thing that all have in common is the personality and authority to be manager, something that I dont see in Owen who according to this game is the most succesful manger in 2039.

Yes, I agree with a few points you made here. Could be a slight game issue.

I just want to say this is a great thread, really enjoyed reading through it. the post above I see the point but there are different manager types, john terry as a player is similar to terry butcher, but that doesn't mean they make ideal managers. whereas ole (who put the ball in the german's net) solskjaer would not have been an obvious choice, but fergie has already said he believes he will be a top manager and has had success with man utd reserves. What you see on the pitch doesn't always represent a player's managerial potential. I do agree that Owen is a surprise as England manager, for a man who seems not to really enjoy football!

Did the same overnight out of interest.

Manchester City are on 8 titles in 9 years - The other going to Liverpool managed by Steven Gerrard. Manchester City had Stuart Pearce in charge again for a while after he won the FA cup and League cup in successive seasons with my beloved Forest. QPR interestingly are one of the big four now, pushing Arsenal down into the also-rans alongside Aston Villa, Swansea (wtf? lol) and Everton.

England and Italy are swapping the international cups between eachother. England are currently being led by none other than Jamie Carragher, who's 3rd in the overall hall of fame, just behind Stuart Pearce and Fergie whos still topping out. Neville is in charge of Manchester United with Paul Scholes as his assistant.

The most interesting bit I think is the 5 times in 7 years winner of the Champions League, Villareal. Real Madrids spanish dominance witnessed in other games is taking second string to them.

Btw, United are playing in the 94000 capacity Waye Rooney Stadium...what? I didn't know this still happened in the game.

Ill have to post up an overview when I get home from work and see how it syncs up.

can post how Blackburn been doing over the years? did notice a few FA Cup final appearance and couple of win. Any current players managing or coaching and notable managers? sorry if there's too much questions!

Been in the Premier League the whole time. Highest finish 5th.

FA Cup winners once and finalists twice. UEFA Europa runners up once in 2036.

Current manager is a regen called Vincente Fernandez.

Other managers have included Mick McCarthy who took you to an FA Cup final. After him, Steve McClaren, who did very little. Then Frank Lampard(!) and following this a quick succession of managers like Pierluigi Casiraghi, Fernando Morientes and Arda Turan. All only lasted for a couple of years at a time.

As for 2009/10 players, Morten Gamst Pedersen is now managing Borussia Monchengladbach. Steve Reid is a youth coach at Chelsea. Brett Emerton is a first team coach at AS Roma. That's about it.

Crouchaldinho,

Any chance of a little update on Rep. of Ireland please??

If anything of any note happened(not likely)??

Thank You.

Oh & I see else mentioned about an upload??

Ireland are 40th in the World Rankings. Qualified for two World Cups in 2014 and 2018. Knocked out in the second round and the group stages respectively. Qualified for three Euros in 2016, 2020 and 2036. Never got out of the group stages.

Thierry Henry managed you in 2024 for ten years. :eek:

Sorry, very bad joke! I'll get my coat. :D

Can you take a screenshot of players from country Estonia. And has Estonia achived anything?

Estonia are 54th in the rankings. I'm afraid you haven't qualified for any tournaments.

I can't manage any screenshots right now but I can tell you about their best players.

Alar Saar appears to be your star in 2039. He is a 31-year-old striker playing for Sheff Utd. He has scored 20 goals in 41 games for his country.

Juri Orav is a 33-year-old DM who currently plays for Lyon. 53 caps and 7 goals.

Another one of your stars is central midfielder Joonas Zamogilnoi, 29-years-old. He plays in Italy for Pro Vercelli. 27 caps/2 goals.

The young hope of the nation is a 20-year-old winger who plays for Flora. 5 caps so far.

hi, great post, could u plz tell me how qpr have got on and how there doing now, they cant be doing bad if they have rooney and walcott as coaches. thanks

In the Championship.

Been a yo-yo club for a while, especially in the 2020s which was their best period. 5 seasons were spent in the Premier back then.

Right now, you've spent three consecutive seasons in the Championship.

You were winners of the Championship in 2027. No other trophies of note.

Current manager is a regen from Finland, who had a journeyman career moving around the London clubs Fulham, West Ham and ending his career at QPR.

Sol Campbell took charge of the club for 1 year but was sacked. Wes Brown was in charge for 6 years but was then sacked too.

if i missed it sorry,glad leicester are doing better than the tricky trees....Just wondered what kind of formations most teams are playing with??...is 4-4-2 still in vogue or are there loads of 4-6-0,4-5-1,3-4-3.beaut read thankss

2039 Save:

2039 - England, Italy and Spain Compressed Save

This is the compressed save version of my 2039 file. Leagues loaded are the top two of England and Spain plus all the divisions from Italy (I didn't realise this but it turns out I used the same setup as I am currently using for my Calcio Journeyman game). A medium database has been used with all current international players in Europe loaded. The compressed file size is 90MB. The game is saved on 15th July 2039 so you will be ready to begin the season 2039/40.

If you download it then please let us know anything interesting that you find in this thread. Also, if you end up playing this save, I'd enjoy hearing about how you get on. Can you challenge Michael Owen's Man City to the title, continue Van Basten's legacy at Arsenal, stop the dominance of Real Madrid in Spain or return Inter to Serie A? I'm sure that there are probably quite a few interesting challenges. :)

Regards,

C.

Archived