2039 - The All England Version

I have conducted the same holiday experiment with a save involving just the English leagues down to Conference South/North, this time on a large database with all current international players in Europe retained.

First of all, some information on my speed tests using this setup:

Time to complete the 1st season of game time - 44 mins

Time taken to get 20 years into the game - 16 hours 57 minutes

File size after 20 years - 193,723MB

Time it took to holiday 1 season after 20 years (timing through 2029/30) - 54 minutes (around 20% increase on the original timing)

Total time taken to get to 30 years - 25 hours 11 minutes

Time it took to holiday 1 season after 20 years (timing through 2038/39 - 51 minutes (again it's around 20% increase on the original timing)

The two speed tests seem to confirm that you can expect a speed decrease of around 20-30% after 20 - 30 years of game time on your save. This is certainly something to think about when setting up a long-term game. The final file size, after 30 years, was 238,040.

So what is this all England save like in the year 2039?

It is a world where no one or two sides dominate the Premier League; the title has been won by six different sides in the last ten years. It is a world where money still dominates, as shown by Manchester City's recent success and the fact that Notts County have established themselves in the top flight.

Meanwhile, non-League sides have risen from obscurity. Woking play their football in League One with Hednesford Town, while Bromley, Worcester City and Histon are in League Two and they fight it out with Fulham, Blackburn and Stoke in the Football League's basement division. Other sides have fallen from grace, and there are some former Football League clubs who have fallen on hard times, such as Leyton Orient in the Conference South or Scunthorpe United in the Conference North. Perhaps most shocking of all though, is the fall of Wigan Athletic, who are now semi-professional and play their games in the Conference North.

It is a world where Joseph Guardiola, one of the most successful managers in English football during the last three decades, has recently retired after 16 years in charge at Old Trafford, where he won 5 league titles and 1 Champions League title.

And it is a world where England have won another World Cup, in 2030, the trophy coming under the management of Frank Lampard.

Unfortunately (at least for me) it is also a world where St. Albans City have barely managed to do anything remotely interesting for 30 years unless you count getting themselves relegated from the Conference South in season 2038/39. :rolleyes::D

Pictures speak louder than words, so I have linked to some screenshots below.

Premier League Winners

Current Premier League 2039/40

Current Championship 2039/40

Current League One 2039/40

Current League Two 2039/40

Current Conference National 2039/40

Current Conference North 2039/40

Current Conference South 2039/40

FA Cup Winners

League Cup Winners

UEFA Champions League Winners

UEFA Europa League Winners

World Cup Winners

European Championship Winners

The World Rich List

The Rich List England

World Rankings

World Managers

Hall of Fame

Steven Gerrard

Cesc Fabregas

Let me know if there are any other screenshots that you think I should have linked to here.

Click here for a compressed version of this save. The file size is around 73MB. I'll also put a link in the opening post.

EDIT - Here is an alternative link.

Regards,

C.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screen from:

Mesut Ozil,Sakho,Vargas,Daniele De Rossi,Giorgio Chiellini ,Cesc en Mandanda/Akinfeev.

if it is (end2010)begin 2011 end 2012 if it will be, thanks

and a screen in 2012/2013 best team?(worldteam w/e)

Thanks.

As big of a drop Wigan's was, if I am correct it is Wolves who have made the biggest drop!

I searched through each of the divisions that were posted for a screeny and couldnt find them anywhere. Double checked so I didn't look like a complete fool, but I cannot find them. Maybe you can confirm wtf happened to them Crouchy.

As big of a drop Wigan's was, if I am correct it is Wolves who have made the biggest drop!

I searched through each of the divisions that were posted for a screeny and couldnt find them anywhere. Double checked so I didn't look like a complete fool, but I cannot find them. Maybe you can confirm wtf happened to them Crouchy.

If you look at the screen shot, the league tables only go down to 23rd place without needing to scroll. So I blieve they are in the Championship or League 1.

You're probably the best man to answer this!

Do players climb up the Favoured Personnel / Icon / Legend scale? As in, could a regen appear as Favoured Personnel and then move to Icon?

On FM09 everyone got stuck in Favoured Personnel!

Thanks

Michael Owen was a legend at Man City on the Eng/Ita/Spa save.

If you look at the screen shot, the league tables only go down to 23rd place without needing to scroll. So I blieve they are in the Championship or League 1.

I'm afraid I didn't notice that when making the screenshots. Sorry chaps.

The missing teams are:

Championship: Wolves

League One: Wrexham

League Two: York

Conference: Weymouth

Was that just as a manager though?

Can a player move onto the Favoured Personnel list and then achieve more and move up the ladder so to speak?

Yes.

Frank Lampard and John Terry became legends at Chelsea.

David James became a legend at Portsmouth.

Guardiola became a legend at Man Utd (as a manager).

Those are a few that I have seen.

C.

Yes.

Frank Lampard and John Terry became legends at Chelsea.

David James became a legend at Portsmouth.

Guardiola became a legend at Man Utd (as a manager).

Those are a few that I have seen.

C.

I think the players you said are already legends at the clubs at the start of the game.

Have any regend become icons/legends for a club without becoming manager??

Cheers, good job

Archived