dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by iacovone:

Just a quick mini update, this season has been a disaster right from the start! Its 2010/11 and our first in the BSP.

However despite being in the relegation zone all season and shipping goals for fun, it seems with 6 games to go my players have finally realised what's at stake. 2 back to back wins have closed the gap on safety to 6 points. Only 5 games remaining. If we survive it will be nothing short of a miracle. Full update later this evening...

Fingers crossed for you mate icon14.gif

Setanta Cup Final

I went into the final wanting to rest a few tired players but really felt it would be naieve of me to do so as it would be such a big achievement to win the cup. I ended up missing Dadson & Hatch were both missing through injury who would have been in my team, the other injury was to Stubbs who is my backup central midfielder so no big loss.

I opted to rest Kyle Wilson who was extremely exhausted & play Nathan Jarman after the latter scored 4 goals in 4 late sub appearances recently.

Expecting a tight game we get of to the worst start I could have ever wanted to avoid & conceeded to a break away in the 4th minute, Gary Twigg broke the offside trap to leave himself with just my gk to beat which he did, disaster!!!!!

We immediately went back up the other end to force a good save & started to take the upper hand with 2 good saves in the next 10 minutes from there gk.

In the 28th minute we got our reward for the pressure & James Dunne scored a goal with a nice finish from inside the box to make it 1-1 & give us a great chance to win the game.

The rest of the first half was very much even with both teams having chances but no more goals added. At half time I opted to bring on Kyle Wilson for Nathan Jarman to try & turn the chances into a goal.

The second half started of very even with both teams having alot of the ball but it took until the 57th minute before a shot was put it on goal & thankfully it was my side that it fell to & a great header by Nabil El Zhar after Marcell McKie's corner put me 2-1 up! Get in!!!!

The game dwindled out as both sets of players were clearly very tired from a long season & I decided to give man of the match McKie a rest in the 80th minute along with Anthony Griffith to let 2 more players grace the Wembley turf.

The final whistle blew & we win the cup, amazing & something I truly didn't expect at all but am so pleased to have won!

Final match stats

Final player ratings

Ilkeston Season 1 Summary

Had a ridiculously good first season with Ilkeston, goals flowing freely all year with 155 of them scored by the end of it.Finished the season in a great 2nd place finish with 98 points & 117 goals scored.

Reached the Second round of the FA Cup after a ridiculous 4-2 win at home against Wolves, only to lose 4-1 against Brighton in the next round. Reached the Second round of the Setanta Shield as well, & the Third round of the FA Trophy.

icon_biggrin.gif

icon_eek.gif

0-2 down at half time against Rotherham, pull back and manage to take it to extra-time.

No goals, penalties will determine if we gain promotion!

icon_rolleyes.gif.... icon_eek.gif......... icon_wink.gif

We've won 2-1 on penalties.....promotion is ours icon_biggrin.gif

A full season report to follow later (when i've caught my breath).....

andy139s.

I'd be really grateful if you could upload the pkm of your 12-0 game to the ftp and then post the name of the file in this thread when you are done.

Feel free to say that you don't think it's a bug, but at least give SI the info to work with.

I'd really appreciate it.

I urge any of you who are having issues that may/may not be bugs, to post in the bugs forum. Unless you speak up now, it will be too late in a months time when you decide there is a problem.

Just played a fantastic match and thought it was good time for a mini update.

What a game!!

Am absolutely flying at the mo, mainly i have to admit down to my loanees from West Ham(Stech, Ephraim,reid). Ephraim alone has an incredible 27 in 29!!

Well i currently sit 3rd and am just about to enter the new year of my second season. I can't believe how quick you lot are playing! Only manage to get about an hour a day at the moment due to working **** loads of hours icon_frown.gif

Glad to see everyone is enjoying their games, will post a full season update hopefully tomorrow as i should get some gametime tomorrow.

current league table

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

andy139s.

I'd be really grateful if you could upload the pkm of your 12-0 game to the ftp and then post the name of the file in this thread when you are done.

Feel free to say that you don't think it's a bug, but at least give SI the info to work with.

I'd really appreciate it.

I urge any of you who are having issues that may/may not be bugs, to post in the bugs forum. Unless you speak up now, it will be too late in a months time when you decide there is a problem.

I agree with you jimbo

dafuge

i've had Andy Caton added to the favourite personel after 2 years of awesome strike performances.

He also holds club records for assists and MOM awards, as well as top scorer and highest average rating.

everyone else

i've just looked and i've already smashed my previous years points tally and there's still 15 games to go. currently sitting pretty on top of the league. hopefully 3rd time really is a charm icon_smile.gif

Oh, and my rep is regional and i'm still in Blue Square South icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by cookie15:

icon_eek.gif

0-2 down at half time against Rotherham, pull back and manage to take it to extra-time.

Never any doubt. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cookie15:

icon_eek.gif

Never any doubt. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me Gundo there was plenty of doubt! Just need to completely overhaul my squad now, could do with finding Patrik Burda icon_wink.gif

My point is that if a team go even 1 player down and are getting battered, they stick everyone behind the ball and defend for their lives just so they don't get humiliated.

There are many examples of high scoring games since the patch but everyone seems to think it's just their excellent tactics.

It's just not realistic.

Too good quality players joining on l,oan from a parent club is certainly a bug.

Too good quality players joining from anywhere is certainly a bug.

Players of league 2 standard who are joining our clubs when no League 2 sides or Conference North sides are even interested in them is certainly a bug.

The tactics employed by AI managed teams when reduced to 10 or 9 men is certainly a bug.

I guess you would rather hammer in 12 goals than play a realistic game.

Congratulations icon14.gif.

Yeah, they stick everyone behind the ball in the game, I've seen it happen every time I get an opposition player sent off. The reason you don't get those scores in real life is because manager's just take off their top players when a result is secured, whereas obviously he saw no need to and carried on smashing them to hell. If teams used those tactics for the full 90 mins in real life against 9 men we'd see results like that no doubt.

Players join clubs way below their station all the time. They see it as a stepping stone. I certainly agree with you about loans, but certain parent clubs sending players out on loan to low divisions happens a lot. Chelsea have sent several players in the past down to League 2 level. If you look hard enough you will find players that other teams don't, true to real life.

I've hammered 7 goals past Northwich Victoria in my first season in Blue Square Premier, the reason? Well they had 11 men, I just countered their tactics properly, had a good goalkeeper, and got lucky up front with their goalkeeper making 2 mistakes. It's not unrealistic. It's just the basic difference in tactics employed by us in the game when we have a 2 man advantage and are 5 up, and the tactics a real manager would employ.

Originally posted by DaveHammer:

Ballsed up that post, first screenshot should have been this match

Should have been this game.

Although that first game was pretty eventful too!!

Popleymonkeys.

I'm not saying that these sorts of scored should never happen, but they shouldn't be this common.

Here is another.

There are goals flying in everywhere. Do you not see my point?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveHammer:

Ballsed up that post, first screenshot should have been this match

Should have been this game.

Although that first game was pretty eventful too!!

Popleymonkeys.

I'm not saying that these sorts of scored should never happen, but they shouldn't be this common.

Here is another.

There are goals flying in everywhere. Do you not see my point? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you on this Jimbo icon14.gif

I started my own season before I knew of this challenge, but mines harder so I think you'll approve. I took my local team Ware (who recently qualified into the fa cup 1st round! =D) (they are further below any of the leagues u listed below) and I moved them into the blue square south. After that I took away all their players, staff and finances. I then played the game.

Just wondering if this would count to your challenge, coz lets just say I've done pretty well. And if not im going to put my whole game into fm stories as I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

Much appreciated.

Giving this a break for a while. I'm finding the game far too inconsistent. One game my defenders are standing still and letting the opposition attackers just drift by them with the ball. The next, they are pushing up and catching the strikers offside 7 times in the first half highlights. And I'm not even playing offside.

Gricehead - > have you applied the beta patch ??

-----------------------------------------------

Bircham is doing it all for me, hes really a great player for my side! wonderfull DM!

Have any of you guys signed someone you now from real life footy ?

Originally posted by jimmyjammyjames:

I started my own season before I knew of this challenge, but mines harder so I think you'll approve. I took my local team Ware (who recently qualified into the fa cup 1st round! =D) (they are further below any of the leagues u listed below) and I moved them into the blue square south. After that I took away all their players, staff and finances. I then played the game.

Just wondering if this would count to your challenge, coz lets just say I've done pretty well. And if not im going to put my whole game into fm stories as I think a lot of people would enjoy it.

Much appreciated.

I think FM Stories would be the best place for it. Even though your game sounds like an incredible challenge, this one has a strict rule about not using the editor.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Gricehead - > have you applied the beta patch ??

-----------------------------------------------

Bircham is doing it all for me, hes really a great player for my side! wonderfull DM!

Have any of you guys signed someone you now from real life footy ?

Yep, I've signed Joe Jacobson, who I played with when I was 16 in Israel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy139s:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by andy139s:

what a game 29-0 shots

and the final score was 12-0

andy139s

I hope you're providing the bugs forum with info like this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not bug they had 2 sent off and my tactics were better than theirs and also the quality of my squad is way better than theirs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs. Of course it's a bug. When was a last time you saw a..... forget it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Chelsea can smash a team above them in the table 6-0 then I'm sure 12-0 against 9 men and a much lower quality squad isn't out of the realms of possibility. Only reason you don't see it in real life is because real life managers call their players off at about 5 or 6. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is that if a team go even 1 player down and are getting battered, they stick everyone behind the ball and defend for their lives just so they don't get humiliated.

There are many examples of high scoring games since the patch but everyone seems to think it's just their excellent tactics.

It's just not realistic.

Too good quality players joining on l,oan from a parent club is certainly a bug.

Too good quality players joining from anywhere is certainly a bug.

Players of league 2 standard who are joining our clubs when no League 2 sides or Conference North sides are even interested in them is certainly a bug.

The tactics employed by AI managed teams when reduced to 10 or 9 men is certainly a bug.

I guess you would rather hammer in 12 goals than play a realistic game.

Congratulations icon14.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my loan players are from my parent club west ham reserves/youth team which defuge said isnt against the rules to have loanees from parent clubs and also reading through recent post several members are talking about zavon hines and hogan ephraim who are my 2 strikers, now with their quality my team with the other good conference standard players should easily beat a team with only 9 players of bishops stortfords level and others have posted games theyve won 7,8 or 9 and these havent been called unrealistic

and just to keep Jimbokav1971 and kaNovi happy how do i get a .pkm file to upload just to prove it is not a bug

Here's a new challenger : http:<A HREF="http://img236.imageshack.us/my.php?image=profile//img236.imageshack.us/img236/3246/profilenc0.th.jpg%5B/IMG" TARGET=_blank>]profile</A>

After various reloads i choose Halesowen Town.

Let's see...hmm...

Full squad,an assman, a physio and a coach, good.

My chairman doesn't seem very ambitious tough...

Has a two years paln of enjoying the presence in BS North... is it possible?

Oh and he is willing to listen to all offers so it's possible that my experience won't be that long icon_mad.gif

I have to say that my assman isn't that useful thanks to the LLM assman judging bug icon_frown.gif.

Never managed in LLM and never done Dafuge Challenge before so i hope i don't get saked so soon icon_razz.gif

Dafuge i have the italian version of the game so for the players pictures what i have to do? I post them or maybe only stick with league,etc..?

Hendon - Blue Square Premier League - 2009/2010 Season Review

Well I went into the season informing my board I would present a mid table position at the end of the season & thankfully I was able to do that quite easily & from the very first game it didn't look like I'd be anywhere but top half this season. I started of the season with ok form plonking myself in & around the play off spots which gave me slight hopes of maybe having another great season & challenge for promotion 2 seasons in a row. My form slowly dipped a little bit as my fixtures mounted up & my small squad couldn't cope with it & my form dropped badly to leave me in 8th place looking at the chance my play off hopes were gone but I was able to come through that with my players picking up some form & going on a great winning streak to put me firmly in with a chance of coming top 5.

As the season progressed towards the end my form was so good at one stage I really thought I may catch Stockport at the top of the table, unfortunately that wasn't to be but Oxford did catch the leaders to overtake them with only 2 games left after Stockport had been in top spot since the 5th game so they were clearly dissapointed in not holding on.

I finished the season in 3rd place on 87 points which in the end was 11 points behind the winners but I did decide to rest most my first team for the last 2 games to get them fresh for the play offs. I've had to rely this season on 5 loans from Fulham with 3 being long term & 2 being short term to help out towards the end when I got 2 long term injuries to first team members. I hope to be able to sign some quality if I get promoted to avoid having to be reliant on loans but finances are small & rep wise I have struggled to add players that I deemed were good enough.

Final Table

Play Off Semi-Final Leg 1 & 2

I ended up facing Halifax in my semi-final which left me quite confident as I was happy to avoid Stockport until the final as they're the only team I feared would turn me over at this stage. I was happy to find the first leg went exactly as I thought it would with a pretty dominant game but only returning a 1-0 lead from the away leg. I was pleased to come away with the advantage thanks to Nabil El Zahr's goal in the 2nd half of the game.

Leg One

The second leg came with me able to field a strong side & feeling very confident, my confidence was well founded as we took the lead in the 30th minute to a Jake Livermore screamer from 30 yards, deja vu from last seasons play offs I thought!. We dominated the rest of the half to go in 1-0 at half time. I kept things the same to ensure I didn't throw away the 2 goal lead & the second half went exactly the same as the first with me dominating play & creating chances at will. We scored our second goal in the 67th minute to put the game beyond doubt.

We totally dominated the game with 20 shots against there 2 & thoroughly deserved our 3-0 agg win which was seen by a new Hendon record home attendance of 2828.

Leg Two

Play Off Final

I was rewarded with a final against long term leades Stockport & to be honest at this stage I was very much the underdog for this game but knew my players will give 100% & that's all I can truly ask for. Exactly the same as last season I was met with enquirys for my star defender Curtis Obeng before the final which I again rebuffed with a negotiation of £1m to hopefully scare them off, timing really isn't the strong point of these teams if they want me to do a deal with them I thought!

Stockport went into the game 4/7 favs with me a 4/1 shot! I'm happy with that as there's always less pressure to perform & I believe my players do have the ability to win this game even if the bookies don't!

I was able to pick from almost a full strength squad with the only player missing being long term injury vicim Junior Dadson so was happy with that. The game kicked off at the brittania stadium & we immediately went into attack in the 3rd minute with Ademeno being put through to score but it being ruled out for offside, close but probably the right decision. We were playing great stuff & had the total upper hand for the first 20 mins & were rewarded with a goal by Nabil Al Zahr with another great header at the back post in the 22nd minute to send the Hendon fans going mental in the stands!

We kept up the pressure for & were totally outplaying the favourites Stockport & added to the lead 4 minutes later with a freak own goal, great play by James Dunne down the right flank who beat 2 men before whipping in a great cross that Stockport defender Darran Kempson could only turn into his own net for 2-0 to the dons!

The domination continued as the Hendon fans were pressing us on for a 3rd goal & we delivered in more comical fashion when Stockport defender Aaron Brown mishit a clearance straight to Hendon striker Charles Ademeno who blasted it into the top corner from the edge of the box, 3-0 & it's a stroll! The Hendon fans are cheering & the game looks all over ..........

Half time came & I as usual wanted to keep things the same so sent the same XI out with no fitness issues & only captain Jake Livermore on a yellow card. We dominate the start of the second half much the same as the first & kept forcing saves from the Stockport gk who never looked like troubling my defence. Confidence was high & I made 3 subs in the 83rd minute to let some youngsters get a chance to savour the atmosphere as the game ended 3-0 to the dons & successive promotions achieved!

Match Stats

Season Review

Well I really don't think I need to say much but a truly awesome season to win the Setanta cup & achieve promotion for the 2nd season in a row via the play offs has left me feeling pretty chuffed.

Next season will be amazingly hard though as my squad consists of very few players good enough for League 2 so a very hard summer is ahead of me, thankfull I have Fulham to help me out again so hope to be able to avoid a relegation battle.

Im not saying its against the rules at all.. But it might not be to realistic =)

The first season i played i had quite a few way to good players for my division, and i dont think i should be able to have such good players, its not really that realistic

Promotion at the second attempt!

And we are up! Banbury promoted to the Blue Square as champions due to a stellar 2nd half of the season where we won an incredible 18 out of 20 games.

This is in large part to my best Loan signing who hammered in 24 goals in 28 games to finish top scorer at Banbury for the second season running. Donovan Simmons

Im yet to be given ANY transfer budget at all and I think im really going to need it to get anywhere in the Blue Square...

Onwards and upwards! icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Allan:

Promotion at the second attempt!

And we are up! Banbury promoted to the Blue Square as champions due to a stellar 2nd half of the season where we won an incredible 18 out of 20 games.

This is in large part to my best Loan signing who hammered in 24 goals in 28 games to finish top scorer at Banbury for the second season running. Donovan Simmons

Im yet to be given ANY transfer budget at all and I think im really going to need it to get anywhere in the Blue Square...

Onwards and upwards! icon_biggrin.gif

I got no money for transfers untill league 1.

Mangotsfield United unveil new manager.

Until taking on this job, I wasn't even sure they were a real team, so I guess that matches the criteria perfect of "small club".

I sort of forgot about the screen shot so I can only offer a shot of my profile on 7th July.

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/Stoppeh/?actio...urrent=FMprofile.jpg

[ignore the uninspiring picture please]

Originally posted by Master T:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Master T:

Ok kkkkkkkk, something just went wrong.

As you know Bedford start in Blue Square South but for some reason this has happened this season:

Say whattttt

Don't know what to do now.

Well they don't start there put you get my point. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some teams in the border between the two get pushed over to the other depending on who gets promoted, it happened a few times in my 07 game, never to me, but seen other teams have it happen...

Boreham Wood Conference South 26th December 2009 Post patch update.

My GK had kept 18 clean sheets already this season and had never gone more than 2 games without keeping a clean sheet.

Pre patch.

29 games played (2610 minutes).

18 clean sheets (clean sheet kept in 62% of games).

14 goals against (goal conceded every 186.43 minutes).

Avg goals against 0.48 goals per game.

Most conceded 2.

Post patch.

4 games played (360 minutes).

0 clean sheets (clean sheet kept in 0% of games) icon_frown.gif.

8 goals against (goal conceded every 45 minutes) icon_frown.gif.

Avg goals against 2.00 goals per game icon_frown.gif.

Most conveded 4 icon_frown.gif.

To top it all, my previously outstanding GK has just conceded from 30 yards and 35 yards in the same match icon_mad.gif.

Current league position 7th icon13.gif.

Sack watch. We are now £221,367 o/d because of the low attendances. It is surely a matter of time until they show me the door icon_rolleyes.gif.

Super Kyle watch. 58 goals in 116 games icon_wink.gif.

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Well done Spurs1979 icon14.gif

(by the way are you on the coys forum?)

I used to be but got banned, use FTL now mate why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No reason, just recognised your forum name. It rang a bell, must have seen a post of yours (fellow spurs fan)

andy139's. Before I continue, please let me assure you that at no time did I intend to accuse you of cheating or breaking the rules in any way. I really apologise if that's how it came accross.

I'm not sayinf there is anything at all wrong with anything at all you are doing.

Signing any players that you can scout or thet you do get in on trial are the only rules relevant and I have absoltely no reason to even think for a second that any of these have been broken by you.

My comment about loan players dropping down so many divisions was a comment really aimed at the rules for next years challenge and certainly not particular to your save in any way.

Instructions as to how to upload the PKM can be found here. Please just post a very short description of the match description in this thread with the name of the file once it has been uploaded.

I can often be both sarcastic and downright bolshy at times but let me reassure you, not for a second was and of my comments meant to inferr that you were in any way cheating or breaking the rules.

Trust me. If I was to suggest that there would be absolutely no doubt & I would not be answering this because I would have placed you on my ignore list.

Thanks for uploading the save file icon14.gif.

Archived