dafuge's FM10 challenge

Great result!

You never know about players stepping up, I had two centre-backs who played with us every level between BSS and Championship, and a striker, defensive midfielder and goalkeeper who got from BSS to League One. I'm pretty sure one of those centre-backs was capped by Wales aswell, one of my academy graduates in the first season :)

Speaking of academy graduates, I was looking back to see which had done best, and a WB/ML accrued over 70 caps for Wales :thup: still rubbish mind :p

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7th after 14 games with Park Avenue, only outside the play-off zone on goal difference. Playing old school 'plant your strikers in the penalty area and bounce crosses off their heads' football and it seems to be working so far. My left flank does lack speed though, with my 34 year old winger having a pace rating of 4, but he's made to look like Theo Walcott by my 38 year old left back who gets a pace rating of 2 :D

North Ferriby 12/13

Table

Graph

Season Review: Well right after the season started we had a take over and that stopped all transfers for a bit, also cleared out the debt with a loan, might have a chance to stay in the green with it, lucky for me we did not need anything other than the couple moves I made right when the window opened.

Pretty much just a continuation of last season just dominating everyone we played. We did give up more goals than I like, Ramsey does not seem like hes as good as in 09 so far think he might end up as the third choice next season if I can find a couple solid players. No one wants to sign with me right now is my main issue, to plug some holes due to injury I had to go after a couple guys my scout found in Spain randomly, so far they are just ok.

FA Cup

FA Trophy (Final)

Cup Review: Got knocked out by L1 Millwall in the first round, we did win the FAT however, I expected that since we dominated from the season opener on.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 4th                 Lost in Playoff Finals
2011/12       BSN                 1st                        Promoted          
2012/13       BSP                 1st                 Promoted/FAT Winners            

Next Season: Fix the back 4, keeper might be needed also.

The only players to have bought clubs in my game are Danny Dichio who has bought Wigan, and Thomas Helveg who bought Derby.

I've also just noticed that Chelsea and Spurs are the only top-flight teams to have expanded their stadiums so far as have Peterborough and Sheff Wed (45,000 capacity in League One :eek:), whislst Chesterfield are the only team to have moved (and that looked pre-arranaged).

In my game Chelsea play at "Zola Park"

Difficult CHL group with Barca Roma and Zenit!

Ive been noticing that more than half of the players i buy for a big amount have trouble settling?? is this also a problem you guys encounter or is it just pure misery to live near Kingston upon Thames :(

Another question: What would you do about Escobar Hes a great player but every 2-3 seasons he gets an injurie like this one where he is out almost all season. Would you sell him ??

In my game Chelsea are also at Zola Stadium, and Hull play ay Windass Park, which I approve of :thup: Dean Windass ftw.

BTW, do Ipswich pay £1 rent a year on Portman Road in anyone elses game? Makes no sense really.

Oh yeah, just beat Crawley 7-0 in the Carling Cup, with my striker and backup striker (who played attacking midfielder in this match) both getting a hattrick. Good to see, especially as the Norway manager was there watching my main striker player.

Ive been noticing that more than half of the players i buy for a big amount have trouble settling?? is this also a problem you guys encounter or is it just pure misery to live near Kingston upon Thames :(

Another question: What would you do about Escobar Hes a great player but every 2-3 seasons he gets an injurie like this one where he is out almost all season. Would you sell him ??

Wait until he's back from injury and offer him round for €20m or so, sell to a foreign club if possible as he'll guaranteed never get injured again and score a hattrick against you every time if he's at an English club. You'll then have €20m and €83,000 per week to spend on a replacement who plays most of your games :)

And about the settling, yeah a lot of players when I first sign them seem to struggle, then after 6 months to a year they're okay. However, my 23 year old world-class right back has about 7 months left on his contract and won't sign a new one because he's unsettled again :(

BTW, do Ipswich pay £1 rent a year on Portman Road in anyone elses game? Makes no sense really.

Yer ipswich pay £1/year rent on mygame as well

We certainly keep our fans entertained

going down 4-3 we equalize with an 87th min penalty and then go and win it in the 94th min :D when there should have been only 3 mins of added time, talk about lucky

Both my new left back and right back have failed to settle in Nantwich, my right back has gone back to Spain for a month but I cannot afford to lose my left back for a month :(

Both my new left back and right back have failed to settle in Nantwich, my right back has gone back to Spain for a month but I cannot afford to lose my left back for a month :(

Its so annoying.. for two straight seasons i tried to get a good MR.. but all 3 of my buys failed to settle :(

Ived also tried to let a player go back, but that didnt work ;/ hope it works for you!

13 games to go in the season, sitting 4th in the table. Only 6 points ahead of 11th place though. Dare I dream about a play-off place in the first season?

Oh, and my goalkeeper has scored 2 penalties out of 2 :cool: Twice I've forgotten to set a second choice penalty taker when my first choice hasn't been in the side and my captain has handed the ball to my keeper. Luckily he hasn't missed yet, but not sure I'm willing to keep taking that risk :D

I like Brazil just picked up three Premiership potential youngsters for £1.4m each over 48 months, though two won't arrive for two years and the one that arrives in Jan will hopefully solve my problem left wing position.

At the halfway stage we are somehow third in the league with the same points as second placed Cardiff, though Wigan are walking away with the league they are 14 points clear, I've just got to hope that our form holds out in the second half of the season this time around, not that I really want promotion to the Premiership this season I'm still far too reliant loanees (mainly for squad depth now).

Its so annoying.. for two straight seasons i tried to get a good MR.. but all 3 of my buys failed to settle :(

Ived also tried to let a player go back, but that didnt work ;/ hope it works for you!

I really hope they settle as they are playing very well and my left back has now attracted the attention of Premiership clubs so either way it looks like I may be losing one of them, I wonder if sending him home for January will stop the computer from buying him?

EDIT: My right back has returned and he is no longer home-sick lets hope it lasts :)

michaeltmurrayuk random question but have you always had a t in the middle of your name, just never saw it before?

I have been playing for a couple seasons but am struggling to get into it, still in the BSS with Maidstone but am not enjoying the tactic creator and dont really have time to make a classic tactic I am happy with.

michaeltmurrayuk random question but have you always had a t in the middle of your name, just never saw it before?

I have been playing for a couple seasons but am struggling to get into it, still in the BSS with Maidstone but am not enjoying the tactic creator and dont really have time to make a classic tactic I am happy with.

Yes it's always been there - at the first school I went to their was another kid with the same name as me so we had to put our middle initial on everything and I never got out of the habit of using it (which has caused various problems over the years from being told off at later schools for including my middle initial and at one job the computer system had my middle name down as my last name - which meant I had to use one code to open doors and another to log onto the tills) it just doesn't look right without the t.

With regards to the tactic creator I don't use it, I just use the normal tactics panel to position my players and select their roles and duties.

And in his first game back from Spain my rightback has just claimed man of the match and a goal in our win over MBoro so a month in Spain seems to have done him well :)

I like Brazil just picked up three Premiership potential youngsters for £1.4m each over 48 months, though two won't arrive for two years and the one that arrives in Jan will hopefully solve my problem left wing position.

How did you scout brazil in the championship, i can't and i have loads of great looking brazilians on my player search screen who i can't trial either.

How did you scout brazil in the championship, i can't and i have loads of great looking brazilians on my player search screen who i can't trial either.

I can't I've got Luis Boa Morte as a coach and he has knowledge of Brazil so a few Brazilian players appear on my player search screen and I trial them in and try and sign or loan the good ones. You don't appear to need a work permit to arrive on trial (or to be over 18) - getting players on trial is the easy bit, it's rather silly that players will fly around the world to go on trial but if you try and loan or sign them they quite often have no interest in signing for you :(

I can't I've got Luis Boa Morte as a coach and he has knowledge of Brazil so a few Brazilian players appear on my player search screen and I trial them in and try and sign or loan the good ones. You don't appear to need a work permit to arrive on trial (or to be over 18) - getting players on trial is the easy bit, it's rather silly that players will fly around the world to go on trial but if you try and loan or sign them they quite often have no interest in signing for you :(

I have 2/3rds knowledge of brazil from one of my coaches which is why the players are on my search screen.

no brazilians will ever come on trial, i've tried with quite a few.

How long does it take for an update on the youth facilities? I mean; when the board said they will do it (that it is finished)... one month? two? six? etc..

Construction only starts around the season update time, the news message that is generated when they start should tell you, it's normally about three months in my experience.

I've made a rather big transfer move which could be the end of my season.

Out: Javier

In: Bowditch

It was £10m + £40m over 48 months + £40m after 30 goals. With the finances a bit touch and go I had to accept this, especially since he wanted a new challenge and looked a bit heavy on the wages even if he changed his mind. The replacement is a promising youngster, he's highly rated by my staff, they think he could be Javier/Sesma standard or better.

Chelsea have got themselves a quality player who scored on his debt (29 to go \o/), there's no doubt he'll score the winner against me one day.

just had the first decent looking youth player come through in about 10 years. listed as a promising striker chelsea have nicked him off me in aug for 1.1 million compansation as he was only on a youth contract.

next time i will have to offer a contract on the day they come through :(

oeff.. but 90 million is a lot of money goddamn! biggest sum I ever saw in FM

paid 100 million for a 30yo striker in last years challenge.

The teams were all driving a hard bargain as every time i bid for a player the only amount the clubs would accept was 148,725,612.

an amount which was my entire transfer fund :rolleyes:

Zola Stadium for me.

Dalgish Park (Liverpool) is pretty good but Hughes Arena (Man City) is my favourite.

I'm desperate for a new stadium in my Liverpool save. Guess I'll have to wait for the loan debt that the club starts the game with to be paid off first though :(

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 2 (2011/2012)

Blue Square Premier Prediction - 24th

Blue Square Premier Position - 1st

FA Cup - Lost in 3rd Round (v Middlesbrough)

FA Trophy - Winners (v Wrexham)

Blue Square Premier (1st) - League Table | League Graph

Blue Square South Summary

Completly took me by surprise. I had hoped for a mid table position but I took the lead early and never looked back.

Domestic Cups

I thought we could do a good run in the FA Cup but we went out early to Middlesbrough. We had more success in the FA Trophy where we went all the way.

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info

Manager Overview

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Information

Team Info

Information Overview

Information Stats

Information Facts

Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info

Player Selection

Finances

Wages

Transfers

Affiliated Clubs

Staff

Players of the Season

Mansour Assoumani - A very solid performance in the center defence.

Davide Enrico Somma - I played him mostly on the right wing and with 20 assists, he did very well.

Guillem Bauzá - he teamed up with Johansen and provided with loads of goals.

Karsten Johansen - Star striker with 46 goals. I wondered if he could continue and he didn't fail.

Chippenham Awards

Guillem Bauzá got Fans Player of the Year

Karsten Johansen got 1st in BSP Top Goalscorer

Karsten Johansen got 1st in BSP Player of the Season

Mikael Schøler got 1st in BSP Manager of the Season

Player on BSP Team of the Season - 3

Season Summary

Very surprising indeed. I fear I have to struggle in CCL2.

Other News

New Kit sponsorship, worth 120k per annum.

Chippenham turn pro.

Game Summary

Season     League                  Position                   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4299228&postcount=2894"]2010/11[/url]    Blue Square South       1st place (105 points)     Division Champions
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4567738&postcount=4239"]2011/12[/url]    Blue Square Premier     1st place (113 points)     Division Champions, FA Trophy

I forgot how much fun January is when you actually have players - I've just spent the month fending off bids for each of the players I've just signed this season :(

First Fulham were after my Promising Irish Midfielder Lacey but injury ended their interests in him, next Man City attempted to poach my keeper but me asking for about £17m with various clauses put them off (just selected the highish options in the drop down menus), then Wolves tried to get my just settled right back for less than he's worth before League One Palace and struggling Leeds both attempted to poach my also now settled left back upsetting them both again :(

Luckily I kept hold of everyone and no-one so far has demanded a transfer, wierdly my two best players who are on fire Eikrem and Dimitrov have attracted zero interest, but that may be because the game values them at ~£3m each which is rather pricey for Championship players fortuantely.

Guys I have just finished holidaying and after about 15 reloads I have TRURO CITY come up and their rep as per the first page is 600??? This can't be right!......is it?

I am taking them over!!!

It might not be - I believe a few teams reputations changed a fair bit with the patches - so depends on what game version you have and (whether the first page has been updated with post patch reputations).

I've made a rather big transfer move which could be the end of my season.

Out: Javier

In: Bowditch

It was £10m + £40m over 48 months + £40m after 30 goals. With the finances a bit touch and go I had to accept this, especially since he wanted a new challenge and looked a bit heavy on the wages even if he changed his mind. The replacement is a promising youngster, he's highly rated by my staff, they think he could be Javier/Sesma standard or better.

Chelsea have got themselves a quality player who scored on his debt (29 to go \o/), there's no doubt he'll score the winner against me one day.

Javier really did turn out to be a quality player! Absolutely incredible transfer free as well, that should sort your finances for a long while. Hopefully Maggio will turn out as good for me :thup:

Bowditch looks good, very different type of player though. Thinking of a tactics change?

Bradford Park Avenue

2010/11

Let me make this clear right off the bat, I suck ass at lower league management. Don't get me wrong, I love the challenge and have wasted many an hour in pursuit of success from the bottom rungs of the ladder, but from lower really that League One, I've never taken a club into the top echelons of the game. That disclaimer out of the way, it's onto the challenge.

Blue Square North

The target was to simply avoid relegation, and so in that respect we were a great success, and indeed the board currently think the sun shines out of my ass, but I'm frustrated. For so much of the season we hung around the edges of the play-off zone and I really felt we could kick on and nip into the top 5. With 6 games to go, we had a run of 3 home games on the bounce and we were outside the play-offs only on goal difference. We lost those three games and that was the end of our challenge. I'd have bitten your hand off for 10th at the start of the season, but now it seems like a bitter disappointment.

FA Cup

Well this sucked ass. We were given a target of the 4th qualifying round but exited at the 2nd in a 2-0 defeat to Farsley which could have been a lot worse.

FA Trophy

A bit better, we were expected to reach the first round and we went out in the 2nd having won a replay against Blue Square Premier side Altrincham; we really should have won the initial tie, but conceded a very late goal (the story of our season).

Transfers

All freebies and loans, and the two that stand out as real good pieces of business were Justin Gentle from Stafford (who topped our assist chart) and Tesfaye Bramble from Leiston (who was our top scorer). Given our financial position, I'm expecting the wage budget to go down next season so this part of the game will be even harder.

Key Players

Amjad Iqbal

Despite having a tackling rating of only '3', Amjad did a solid job for us in defence and led the side well as captain. Has been offered a contract extension, though I'm pretty certain that the BSN is the limit of his talent.

Justin Gentle

I'd like to claim credit for his signing, but it was already arranged when I joined the club. He may be one of the slowest wingers I've come across, but his crossing was accurate and key to the way we played the game. A good season, but I'm not sure if he has another one in his legs.

Richard Jackson

Plenty of experience of league football, Richard was our first choice right back all season and did a very good job. Didn't get beaten by opposition wingers very often and I'm hoping to get another year out of him yet.

Tesfaye Bramble

A player I took entirely on my new scout's recommendation, Tesfaye ended up as our top scorer, so a good spot he turned out to be. We basically planted him just outside the six yard box in each game and got Justin Gentle to bounce crosses off his head, but it proved to be an effective combination. A similar year next season would be nice.

Career Overview

Season              League               Final Pos.           Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North            10th                    -

2011/12

A younger, fitter, faster squad would be a start. We have too many players the wrong side of 35, let alone 30 and we must be the slowest group I've ever seen. Fitness also became more and more of a problem as the season went on as we lost at least 10 points by conceding goals in the final five minutes. Hopefully this can be rectified for next season, but given that the club is now almost £200,000 in the red, I don't hold out much hope of even being able to strengthen my squad with free transfers.

Unlucky Terk,you should be able to get promotion next season, at the start you do have to get rid of a lot of deadwood that the club starts with.

I am generally quite ruthless with my players and try and get a whole new squad in every time i get promoted.

Javier really did turn out to be a quality player! Absolutely incredible transfer free as well, that should sort your finances for a long while. Hopefully Maggio will turn out as good for me :thup:

Bowditch looks good, very different type of player though. Thinking of a tactics change?

I like to play with an advance forward who acts as a target man who runs on to balls, I think Bowditch may suit this.

Archived