dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have any tips on saving money they want to share?

Im spending far to much money on the deadwoood "key players" in my squad even though im under budget for my wage bill.

Is it normal for a club to be losing money each month in these lower leagues?

Im spending far to much money on the deadwoood "key players" in my squad even though im under budget for my wage bill.

I'd like to know the answer to this too, I'm under budget but sitll hemorraging money.. like 15-20k a month!

Unfortunately not.

Ahh gutted :(

Ahh well.

I always feel bad about this challenge when i see people on season 4 or 5 already lol :eek:

Also any list of save game files?

I am after

North ferriby

Whitby or

Durham

Anyone playing as them?

Well my early season predictions of a top half finish have now been over taken with thoughts of 1st season promotion, have just reached December and my mighty Kings Lynn sit proudly Top of the BSN, by a massive 1 pt :cool:

Really have been surprised as the team have come together remarkably well and some stand out performers so far are my CB pairing of Adam Tong and Tom Sharpe (absolute Rocks), my Playmaker Valentin Milenov (6 Goals and 7 Assists in 16 Games) and my forward line of James Keatings (9 Goals in 16 Games) and Zahari Krastev (3 Goals and 5 assists from 16 Games)

Looking forward to the new year and a serious promotion challange :D

Anyone got any tips on making a bit of money? I'm currently 270k in debt and the board are getting increasingly worried about the finances, i'm under my wage budget and my parent club gives me 14k a year. This is not good since i'm actually having a great season with the angels, sitting in the play off spots, a great improvement on last year since we struggled to stay up!

Anyone got any tips on making a bit of money? I'm currently 270k in debt and the board are getting increasingly worried about the finances, i'm under my wage budget and my parent club gives me 14k a year. This is not good since i'm actually having a great season with the angels, sitting in the play off spots, a great improvement on last year since we struggled to stay up!

The only things you can do really is make lucky cup runs and then try and get some big friendlys.

Sell anyone you don't play.

Double check the contracts of your players for high appearance bonuses.

Try and offer players a lower new contract.

Try and bring in loan players without paying them any wages.

Other than that not much you can do - you just need to get into the Football League as quick as possible or pray for a big team in the FA Cup.

I've just come across a slight problem my Keeper Adam and Centre-Back Hunter are now missing games due to being called upto the Scottish U21/U19 teams, whilst my other centre-back Assoumani who was released by Wrexham is a Comoros International :(

Yeah I have had to withdraw my keeper twice, I doubt hes going to be to happy about it at some point, but I don't even have a back up...

my board often inject money to 'help with the club's running costs' 35k this month but im still 260k in debt. 1k under wage budget looks like i should try and free up some wages buy selling some players who are only backup.

Farnborough BSS 2011/2012

im at the start of Feb and 5th in table 7 points behind 1st.

got knocked out both cups early on so not much money made.

going to arrange loads of friendlies this summer to try and help clear some of debt and also field stronger teams in cups and try and earn some cash.

after a average first half of this season i finally found a tactic that works for my team. 2012 the team has come a long way,hope i can stay with the leaders and get a playoff place or even better automatic promotion.

too lazy to update properly, so here we go:

first season, promoted after jumping from 3rd to 1st on the last matchday.

second season, 10th in bsp. nothing really to remark on, save for continuing financial problems.

I'm sixth in the middle of november in season 3 and have seen our average attendance continue to drop. falling with it has been our wage budget - things are ugly in wales!

Kendal have just dumped me out of the FA Cup in our first round (4th Qual. Round) - thanks to us giving away a woeful pen in the 85th minute - my defender slide tackles a Kendal player whilst the ball is miles up in the air :mad:

And to make matters worse a player gets booked and another sent off for arguing with the ref :(

Kendal have just dumped me out of the FA Cup in our first round (4th Qual. Round) - thanks to us giving away a woeful pen in the 85th minute - my defender slide tackles a Kendal player whilst the ball is miles up in the air :mad:

And to make matters worse a player gets booked and another sent off for arguing with the ref :(

ooh unlucky i am going to do one more hour of restarts tomorrow and then if not will try the kendal town out!

A 92nd minute Keatings goal ensures we hold BSP leaders Kidderminster to a 1-1 draw :)

Though it does keep them 9 pts clear of us, they have 40 pts from 17 games, Barnet are second with 38pts from 17 games whilst we are somehow 3rd with 31 pts from 16 games, however Kidderminster and Barnet seem a bit to good for the rest of us - I have conceeded 15 goals which is the 4th joint best (Aldershot have only conceed 14), it also happens to be the same amount of goals that both Kidderminster and Barnet have conceeded combind :(

LOL!

After trying to cut back on finances, ive just realised that my star striker and goalkeeper are valued at £106k... definitely a nice bit of business if i can find better free players for them next season.

I think im just going to plough through the season and not worry about finances for now though... even though im losing 25k/month.

Draws are killing me, have drawn 5 out of the last 8 and slipped from first in the BSN to 3rd, now 7pts off the top spot

Braintree are leading, closely followed by Worcester and then my Mighty Kings Lynn

My forwards are seriously mis-firing

Hope i can regain my form for the run in or i could end up wasting all that good early season work and miss out on the playoffs aswell :eek:

Tonbridge angels 2011-2012 BSS

Well what a season. Started off brilliant then maintained the form all the way through, not once dropping out of the play off spots . Won the play offs against Forrest green and Welling, ecstatic.

Finances: Looking poor.

Transfers: The acquisitions of Grant and Mitchell where essential to my teams success this year.

League Table

Player of the year: Kyle Wilson (Criticized him last year for a poor season, o how he proved me wrong)

Summary: Well a great season. Objective was attempt to avoid relagation. We certainly managed that and then some, gaining promotion to the Blue Square Premier! Bring on the giants of the BSP!!

Cambridge City 14/15

Table

Graph

Season Review: Got off to a sloppy start, then we picked it up a bit later really turning it on towards the end of the season. With three games to go all we had to do was win one, it proved to much and we got forced into the play offs, you can see my agony a few post up but it ended like this.

The good news is, we get new training and youth set ups next season and my hope is we expand the stadium again soon since we maxed it out quite a few times already.

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Carling Cup

Cup Review: Unlucky in the JPT, got destroyed by a PL team for the Carling, but manged to get to the fourth round again by forcing Championship side Southend to a return game.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Pedersen - GK: My young keeper project is coming along ok, he was poor at times but my hope is by the end of the next season hes ready for L1 or he will have to move along.

Walker - Striker: Simply epic, very happy to have signed this guy.

Leitch-Smith - Striker: He never really got going how I needed him to, it seems that it should be a more lethal pair than it was.

Morrison - AMR: Very good pick up, hope he keeps going.

Gregg - Mid: After Dolly left mid season he really came up big, replaceable though for sure.

Bender - DL: Was solid most of the season when not out hurt, hope he stays healthy next season though.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 13th				
2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
2013/14       L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup
2014/15       L2                  4th            Simifinal Playoffs/ 4th Round FA Cup

Next Season: Not ever lose in the play offs again, going for 1st place next season.

Edit: Board coming through for me!

James Keatings seems to be excellent at winning corners, but not scoring goals for me :(...

HA! such is the way, Keatings scores a goal as im typing this.

EDIT: omg, 2-0 down and now 3-2 up!!!

EDIT2: lol and Keatings gets his second... 4-2.

Draws are killing me, have drawn 5 out of the last 8 and slipped from first in the BSN to 3rd, now 7pts off the top spot

Braintree are leading, closely followed by Worcester and then my Mighty Kings Lynn

My forwards are seriously mis-firing

Hope i can regain my form for the run in or i could end up wasting all that good early season work and miss out on the playoffs aswell :eek:

At least your keeper isn't dropping crosses into his own net :(

Archived