dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season Review-2010-2011-Nantwich Town FC-BSN

Media Prediction predicted us to go down. My target was to avoid relegation. We started of as we were to go on with very indifferent form. We won a few games and then lost a few. We just couldn't get any runs going. In the end playoffs realistically were out the window with about 10 games to go so I tried out a few new players and didn't pick up many points but we were comfortably above relegation. In the end we finished 18th.

We didn't have much of a cup run to talk about.

I signed many new players only one big name which was Paul Dickov he has been a useful signing but not as good as I hoped he would have been.

Next season the target has got to be promotion and a good cup run to boost the bank balance.

League-18th

League Positions graph

FA Cup-3rd qual round v Nuneaton

FA Trophy-3rd qual round v Carlton Town

Manager Overview

Transfers

Season------League------Position------Achievements

2010-2011----BSN----------18th------------None----

I've been taking around 50 to 60 foreign regens on trial each season and I am sure that is only the tip of the iceberg because I tend to only search certain countries and check who was released by there top clubs, plenty of players to choose from with the setup suggested

Got League 1 Wycombe at home in the first round of the FA Cup this year. Would love it if we got a result, but I couldn't see it happen. Should bring in some money, hopefully I could get a decent attendance as well.

Just noticed that the average price of a ticket at the club is up by 10p this season :cool:

Evening,

Some of you may recognize me and some of you won't.

But I am the former user Happy Slappy, though I have had to re-join under a new name because I forgot my password and could not remember my password for my email so hence the new user name.

I spent an hour or so trying to get decent team and in the end I decided to go with Bedford Town.

Me and The lads

Nantwich Town – Blue Square North 2010/11 – Season 1

So here we go again, this time I decided to take on the challenge of Cheshire based Nantwich Town.

Our expectations this season were to not get relagated, whilst the bookies gave us surprising odds of 8-1 to gain promotion, newly promoted Nuneaton and Merthyr were also contenders, with relagated Chester by far the favourites.

I quickly went about rebuilding the team, most of the current players just weren't good enough and being overpaid didn't help.

Transfers - It was rather telling how poor my initial squad was when the likes of Beresford, Jones and Burns arrived as 4/5 star rated players, but by the end of the season they each rated less than 2 stars. (If you think the transfers are bad this is the amount of players I trialled in)

We didn't get off to the best of starts in the league, my new striker Fitzharris scored on his debut before getting sent off and to make matters worse Gainsborough equalisled in the 89th minute.

We made a slow start to the season as my team gelled and I attempted to find a tactic and player roles that would suit my team and players.

I eventually settled on a more direct counter-attacking 4-4-2 - though finding balanced roles for my centre midfielders and strikers proved to be a problem - I needed a ball winning defensive midfielder to break down attacks, but my two best midfielders were better suited as deep-lying playmakers, whilst upfront I alternated between the deep-lying, advanced and poacher roles - the poacher one seems to be the one that takes most advantage of a players pace.

So with my team and tactics selected, we quickly clicked and in the new year a record breaking run of 19 games unbeaten saw us overtake early pace-setters Merthyr and come within inches of claiming the title, but with Farsley ending my unbeaten run I had to wait until the Nuneaton game to claim the title with two games spare.

Table - we eventually claimed a record 86 points, Merthyr also followed us up by winning the playoffs.

Being unbeatable at home helped us out, with our only home defeat coming in the last game where squad players were given a last chance to impress.

POS Graph - after reigning Merthyr in at the half-way stage we never looked back.

FA Trophy - didn't go well as Farsley beat us in our only game,

FA Cup - went better, whilst we needed a replay to beat rivals Nortwich, we comfortable knocked out Telfrord and Hucknall before drawing Carlisle in the First Round, thanks to some heroics from my keeper we managed to claim a replay, but we couldn't repeat it in the replay as Carlisle ran out 2-0 winners.

Squad - I was pretty lucky in that I didn't suffer any injuries bar the early season injury to Keatings and Hunter who picked up three injuries, the last one ruling him out for 4 months :(

In Goal Marlon Beresford was my first signing, and whilst he made a solid start his age was a problem, though he didn't stand much of a chance when ex-Rangers youngster Grant Adam was brought in and deployed as a Sweeper Keeper - who was emmensive single handedly keeping me in games, keeping 21 clean sheets from 31 games.

At right back was another Scottish youngster Grant Gallacher this time released from Celtic, and he proved to be a solid full-back, though he did get caught on the ball a few times with an automatic duty, changing him to a defend role made him a lot more solid.

On the left was the experenced Tommy Jaszczun who had a solid season and managed to keep out the Bulgarian Dimitar Ruychev.

In the centre of defence was star player Adam Hunter who was a rock and claimed BSN player of the season and fans player of the season awards. Partnering him was the experienced Craig Taylor, with Irish regen Shane Power providing cover.

On the Right Wing was Loui Fazakerley with cover provided by the on-loan Andrew Osei-Siribour. On the left was my other loanee from Vale Luke Chapman.

In the centre of midfield were two more players who'd been released from Celtic and Rangers - Mark Millar was deployed as my deep-lying playmaker where his through-balls time and again picked out my runners, this left Tom Miller being deployed as my Ball Winning Midfielder. Providing cover was another Bulgarian Valentin Milenov whilst Jake Sedgemore and Carl Rodgers provided the defensive cover.

Leading the line upfront were two more players released by Celtic and Rangers - Deep-lying Forward Sean Fitzharris and Poacher James Keatings, both ripped apart fellow BSN defences, it's a shame their finishing let them down a fair bit, but close to a goal every two games is a good return for me. Whilst Fitzharris got a surprise call up to the U21 Championships. Providing cover was former Man Utd Trainee Aaron Burns and the only player to have cost me money - Anthony Craven joined us from Crewe for £2.5K - I was rather shocked that he ever joined me, he was a youth player and they never sign, whereas I was equally shocked to find out my board let me pay £2.5K over 48 months considering we had a transfer budget of zero.

Best XI - no complaints for a change.

Home Screen

Manager Profile - Winning the league boosts my reputation upto Regional, whilst the fans dedicate a statue to me and I even make it onto the favourred panel as the clubs reputation increases to Local. I also claimed BSN Manager of the season.

Whilst my status is Untouchable.

Moneywise we were doing ok until the end of the season, though we did lose £70K this season.

Rather worrying I appear to have the Newcastle chairman - he spent all season trying to sell the club, the first one involving another board member fell through, then a former footballer wanted to take over, whilst in the new season what looks like an Eastern European Tycoon is planning to takeover enforcing a transfer embargo on me :(

Luckily I managed to sign some new players at the end of the season, however I have no cover on the wings.

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions

HORSHAM SEASON REVIEW 10/11

After a promising pre-season and a host of new faces joining the club, new manager James Leedham had every faith that he could head for a mid table spot this season. His confidence earnt him an extra £250 in his wage budget and a few raised eybrows around the board room.

Odds of 14-1 didnt give much hope of a good season though.

FA Cup

This was the most disapointing area of the season with the team crashing out in the first round 2-1 to Blackpool.

FA Trophy

The Hornets bafled the bookies in this area scraping win after win to get to the Semi-finals where a 2-0 result away to fleetwood in the second leg saw them make it into the final against Mansfield.

A tight game followed and when they went down in the 55th minuete everyone thought the dream was over. But in the 60th minuete a penalty was given and in and out of favour, veteran Left back Darren Barnard smashed it home. The hornets managed to hold on for the rest of the game forcing extra time and then the dreaded penelty shootout, with Darren Barnard slotting home the final penalty to seal the win.

FA Trophy Final

Blue Square South

Horsham where challanging from the get go of the season and where on the rise from day one. Apart from a few unsteady weeks in the middle of the season it looked like a playoff place was always on the cards.

League Position Graph

But a 17 game unbeaten run in the League and 21 games unbeaten in all compitions meant that horsham finished the season in style and they go into the first game of the BSP still not having lost a game since 29.01.11

The only downside of the season came with the depature of Viktor Hall , A transfer iregularity meant he had to be let go much to the dissapointment of the fans.

Viktor Hall Rating

Fans Opinion of Hall leaving

The fans player of the year was Striker Tim Kiely

Horshams Best XI

This performance also earned James Leedham Manager of the Season

Season Summary

Well I'll call it a night I think, we currently sit 21st after 15 games but I actually feel confident we will avoid relegation as the bottom 2 teams really are struggling. Have just earned a replay in the FA Cup First round after drawing 0-0 away to League one side Rochdale so hopefully can get a result at home against them to get into the second round.

After finally getting the game i'm able to start. i reloaded 30 times and only saw 3 sub 1200 rep teams so i decided to again choose merthyr after coming so close last year with them.

Its great to be immediately scout the whole uk and clued in by others have started scouting in scotland ;)

very few above bsp will sign for me in england, but i have hoovered up several L1 potential scottish players who my scouts found

Cambridge City 13/14

Table

Graph

Season Review: Mild season for sure, we got off to a decent start and pick up some results over L1 sides in cups, I thought we had a better squad than we did and it all slowly fell apart, we gave up far to many goals and I am running out of players to sign with no budget, have been reduced to scouting U21 National teams.

To add to the pain most of my players were going to be out of contract and they all demanded a pay raise, some I just could not keep, the most important of which was the GK, so I am taking a risk in signing a young player who according to every staff member I have could be a leading L1 Keeper one day, throwing all my eggs into that basket for sure.

The fiances fixed themselves this season but my Board decided now was a good time to add 600 seats, not sure why when we really needed that money for wages and transfers next season but what do I know.

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Carling Cup

Cup Review: Great results in the FA cup, not so great everywhere else. I am really going to focus on getting more distance from the other two next season for the financial boost.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Fitzharris - Striker: Was solid yet again, glad to be keeping him maybe even to L1 at this rate.

Folly - Mid: He was not as great as last season, but hes the best I have so he will remain for sure, but I am actively looking for a better young player.

Moscatiello - AMR: Hes been here for the past couple season but this season was his best, racking up 17 assist and was very involved in just about any attack we got going.

Sama - DC: Picked him up for free and might be my best signing since Walker, he was super solid at the back and did not give up goals/cards like my other CBs.

Walker - Striker: Another classy season for him he just has a way of finding the goal even when we were playing poor he would find a way to get it done.

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
2011/12       BSP                 13th				
2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
2013/14        L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup

Next Season: Pray my new GK does not fall on his face and turns out to be half decent. Try and find out why I am giving up so many goals at home but not away.

Edit: Why I was getting the links Folly has demanded to be listed after being linked with a championship side...

Nantwich Town - Blue Square North - Season 2010/11

Blue Square North League Table

We started quite well, with 2 wins and a draw, however we quickly became complacement and ended up going through a 6 game "no win" spell. This was a re-occuring theme throughout the season and I have no idea how we ended up in 3rd place.

The most noticable parts of the season were the playoff semi final 2nd leg and final, my two first choice strikers had to go and play with the Scotland u19's..we won 3-0 and 3-1, Lennon played his first and last games for the club, scoring 3 goals over the two matches.

Nantwich Town's 10/11 Promotion Squad

This squad will be completely changes by the time next season kicks off. I signed Russel Hoult the day before the play-off final, him and my strikers will be the only players who will have a chance to keep playing for me.

2010/11 Transfers In/Out

Standard stuff really, was a little dissapointed that we couldn't attract more L2 players - however it seems Scottish people like to travel south for some "real" football!

2010/11 Finances

My bank account is appalling, this must be resolved by the end of next season

Nantwich Towns 2011/12 Season Ambitions

I believe we are capable of building a squad that will be able to compete to be in the top half of the table and hopefully steal a play off spot. After poor performances in all cups, a cup run is on the agenda, mainly to help repair our financial troubles.

End of Season Manager Profile

Have to become a premium account holder to download it. :thdn:

No, click "Free user" and wait for it to count down.

EDIT: Actually, it will say what you said if there are no slots available for free users. Just keep trying.

Archived