dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would have said Nuneaton for sacking me, but we did the double over them last season, so we're even now. I did quickly grow to dislike Histon last season though, played them twice and couldn't get near them. Didn't like playing against Forest Green either.

By the way, just noticed that Mansfield have lost in the BSP play-offs in each of the six seasons I've played so far :D

Wow, how much would you hate to be them. Yeah I have quite a dislike for Forest Green also, seem to be tough every time. But Newport County and especially Magno Vieira, who they finally released, ugh.

2017-2018 Season Review-Kings Lynn-CCL2

The main target this season was survival and although we spent most of the season in the relegation zone I was always confident we could stay up. The faith in my team was good as we managed to pull away from relegation towards the end of the season and finished 8 points clear of the relegation zone. Our first entry into the league cup saw us draw Wigan away. We lost 3-1 but we played really well and I was happy with the performance. I made a small profit from transfers and found two good players on loan who kept me up in the form of Sam Hill a striker from Norwich and John Powell from Gillingham.

I keep getting messages saying a takeover is close and then one saying takeover is on the rocks so I don't know if I'm going to be taken over or not to be honest.

League Two-21st

League Positions Graph

FA Cup-1st round v Accrington

League Cup- 1st round v Wigan

Johnstone Paint Trophy-2nd round V Cambridge

Transfers

Manager Overview

Next season I would like a top half finish but that could be hard if I don't get any wage budget to get any new players with.

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier                19th           None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier                16th           None
2015/16      Blue Square Premier                3rd            Playoff Semi losers
2016/17      Blue Square Premier                5th               Promoted via Playoffs    
2017/18      League 2                21st       None        

Think I may be taking the same course as you Liverbird. Congrats on staying up.

Sutton Utd Premiership 2018/19

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in Semi Final 1-0 to Birmingham

League Cup: Lost 2-0 to Bristol City in Quater Finals

League: 13th

League Table, League Graph

Transfers, Squad

We made a very good start to our premier league campaign with 2 wins and 2 draws in the 1st 4 games, which included 1-0 wins over chelsea and arsenal, and a draw to runaway champions Man City. We then dropped like a stone down the table as tthe effects of staying in the league cup to the quarter finals took its toll especially with the extra time. We completed a double over Arsenal:D and also managed to snatch a 2nd draw against Man City. We managed to stabalize ourselves just above the relegation zone and then pushed on to secure 13th place

Had we had a bit of luck during the 1st half of the season we could have been in the top half but our strikers just couldn't finish, i don't think they are good enough for this level so it looks like i might have to get rid of Miguel Angel:(.

Our defence were solid throughout the season which i am very surprised and impressed with as normally i can never get a good defence.

Player/s of the Season

Nick Tokaya - got the highest average rating (conceding just 46 in 45) and is looking good for this level. had to reject a few offers for him in January though, not sure how long i can keep him for

Andrej Stolarik - Sutton's Captain, he showed the rest of the players how it was done.

Acoran Romero has now passed Ezio Massaro's 191 league appearances, he is now on 206 league appearances for the club and has been with us for 7 seasons

Cups

Finally we had some decent cup runs firstly in the league cup where we cruised through the 2nd and 3rd rounds against lower league opposition. The 4th round needed extra time to beat burnley 3-1. Our run came to an end when Bristol City showed their class and beat us 2-0

We generally had a kind draw in the FA Cup we somehow managed to beat premiership sunderland at their place 2-0 before being drawn against Chelsea. Two incredible performances against them, the 1st we managed to draw 0-0 and get the replay, the 2nd we took our chances and beat them 2-0. We got 2 easier draws for the 5th and 6th rounds. We comfortably dispatched Championship Wolves and Leeds both 3-0. We eventually lost 1-0 to Birmingham which was the 1st goal we had conceded in the FA Cup that season which shows how good the defence was.

Finances:

All down to TV money :D

[color=black]Career so far:[/color]

[color=black]Season    League                   Position    Achievements[/color]
[color=black]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/color]

[color=black]2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs[/color]
[color=black]2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion [/color]
[color=black]2012/13   League 2                3rd      Automatic Promotion[/color]
2013/14   League 1                7th      N/A
2014/15   League 1                1st      Automatic Promotion
2015/16   Championship            14th     N/A
2016/17   Championship            4th      Lost in Playoff Semi Final
2017/18   Championship            1st      Automatic Promotion
2018/19   Premiership             13th     N/A

Robert Hunter - Truro City FC 2012-2013 BSP

A tough year for our first one in the BSP but the good news was we managed to stay up.

Finished 18th in the end. At least we survived.

Here were the important players.

GK Tom Brooks Solid as usual.

RB Phil Ifil St. Lucia international full back.

LB No one even deserves a mention here :)

CB Kieran Nicholson. Youth product still important to the team.

CB Matt Logan. Got halfway through the season. Did well.

MR Alex. Pretty poor.

ML Max Harrop. Most valuable individual on my team. Not really sure why.

MC Inigo Idiakez Retiring. Did alright in his one year with the team.

MC Oliver Hewitt-Fisher. I really like his ability to play a cracking through ball.

FC Darryll Knights

FC Adrian Patulea. Good pick up. Also received fans POY

Subs:

Stewart Yetton. Goal scoring machine in BSS. Obviously not in BSP.

Andy Taylor. Solid year. Probably better than Idiakez.

Figured since i've played a few seasons I could throw up my Best Eleven of all time and Best Eleven of the season.

Dons, Ifil is awesome at Blue Square Level. It's just a shame he can't get a start for me with another guy Scott Metcalfe having taken his position.

Yeah he's pretty good. I have three guys in a rotation system really at full back spots.

This is unbelievable. I'm so sick of scoring first and then allowing a goal in the last fifteen minutes to draw. No matter what changes I make to tactics it happens. 6 Draws in first 11 games and 5 of them have occurred like this. Unreal.

Sutton United: Season 2013/14

Media Prediction: 5th

Final Position: 1st (Promoted as champions)

Position Graph

Criticise me if you want for skipping through most of the season, but I was 100% confident that I was going to get promoted this year, and that happened. Got to the 1st Round of the FA Cup where I lost to Crewe 2-1 away, and I lost to Wycombe Wanderers in the 4th Round of the FA Trophy.

Squad

Really good bunch who I believe can survive in the Blue Square Premier.

Finances

Have gone down a lot but that was expected, will surely improve next year.

Transfers

Note the two on-loan players who aren't in the screenshots. Paul Flynn and Omar Larbi were both very good contributors. Apart from that, the two good signings I made were Ryan Woodford and Harry Arter.

Links

Club Information

Manager Profile

Overview

Key Players

Leon Knight

Jack Adams

Joe Devera

Adam Davies

Steven Doyle

Kingsley Williams

John White

David Howland

[b]Season     League                 Position     Points     Notes
[/b]2010/11    Blue Square South      5th          72         Promoted via play-offs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier    21st         42         Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square South      2nd          82         Lost in play-off semi-finals
2013/14    Blue Square South      1st          85         Promoted as champions

This is unbelievable. I'm so sick of scoring first and then allowing a goal in the last fifteen minutes to draw. No matter what changes I make to tactics it happens. 6 Draws in first 11 games and 5 of them have occurred like this. Unreal.

I hate that too. I find switching to 'control' tactic with counter attack enabled, doing a pretty good job when being pressed.

Boston united season 7 2016/17

So after the disappointment of missing out on promotion by losing in the playoff final last season I was determined to gain promotion this season but nothing repared me for the way the season would go.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures pt2, Fixtures pt 3

FA Cup Went out to Luton in the First round proper.

FA Trophy FA Trophy Final[/url Great run through to the Final where we edged out Southport on Penalties.

Transfers

Star Player

Nabil Sharif

Wasn't expecting much out of Sharif to be honest but he was banging goals in for fun throughout the season end ing up with

Top Scorer and Player of the Year

Key Players

Matty Wolfenden Sharif's strike partner for most of the year scoring around 15 goals this season.

Michael Coulson Another striker brought in on a fre who turned out to be a fairly good goal machine.

Gavin Carlin Would have conceded more if not for Carlin in the goal.

George Moncur Impressive midfielder bought in 2016 from Peterborough after having him on loan a couple of seasons earlier.

Shaun Batt A menace to all left backs and left midfielders also chipping in a few goals

Finances

On a personal note I won manager of the Year

Also the team had 5 players in the Team of the Year

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy

Other Winners

Premier League - Liverpool

FA Cup - Chelsea

Carling Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - A.C. Milan

UEFA Cup - Everton. - this was a Merseyside Derby

Aims for next season

Survival

Maidstone United managed by mag man 2010 - 2014 in the BSS

I found it hard to get into this game for the first few seasons and hence some small updates, I am now however properly into it and so detailed updates can be expected for future seasons.

My first season was poor, I didnt enjoy it, had no funds and couldnt get any players I wanted in. It was a scrappy affair and I just managed to scrape enough points to avoid relegation finishing 19th.

2010/11 League Table - 19th

Second season was much the same, I rushed through it as quickly as possible and was on for a mid-table finish until I had an injury crisis and avoided relegation by a point.

2011/12 League Table - 19th

Third Season I had finally managed to get some players together and was becoming happier with the tactical aspects of the game. I went on to finish in 15th comfortably.

2012/13 League Table - 15th

Fourth season I had almost settled down on a tactic and should have probably made the playoffs, a late dip in form meant I dropped down to 10th.

2013/14 League Table - 10th

From now on there will be proper updates like I used to do in FM09.

Guiseley somehow just can't play in Europe. My god, 2 times ending 3rd in the Europa League and this year we had Champions League... Of course in the hardest poule possible with the teams: Villareal, AC Milan and G. Bordeaux. Right it is over already (12december)...

1. AC Milan 10p

2. G. Bordeaux 9p

3. Villareal 7p

4. Guiseley 6p

results:

Guiseley 2-2 G. Bordeaux

AC Milan 2-1 Guiseley

Guiseley 1-0 Villareal

Villareal 1-1 Guiseley

G. Bordeaux 1-1 Guiseley

Guiseley 2-3 AC Milan

sigh, got one draw to much.. ahwell biggest plus is I can go give 100% with our team for the premier league :)

Season 3 - Bedford Town - BSP - 2012/2013

Media Prediction - 24th

Actual Position - 17th (Table) - (Positions Graph) - (Results 1) - (Results 2)

Review of Season: Im happy to have stayed up. Never really looked in danger of relegation. Consistently Inconsistent best describes the season. Pleased with the takeover and that I kept my job. Overall a good season to build on.

Fa Cup:Once again rubbish

Fa Trophy: What else is new...:o

Transfers: Not that many transfers this year, but just enough guality to see us safe.

Finances: With the Consortium take over in October and their investment things look a bit brighter. :cool:

Squad: Pleased with how they managed to perform on the bigger stage. Managed to gain a respectable amount of points, but changes will have to be made for the club to step up to the next level.

Drew Rattlesnake_85 Key Player of the Year Award:

Winner - After finishing runner-up the previous two seasons, finally Michael Corcoran has been given the recognition his performances has deserved.

Runner-up - the second half of a strong central defence pairing.

Aims for Next Season: Clearly the squad needs improving in all areas. Bring in better quality players and hope for the best. Top 10 would be nice, anything more would be great.

Bedford Town

Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           8th                      None
2011/12       Blue Square North           4th                      Promotion (Playoff winners)
2012/13       Blue Square Premier         17th                     None

Well done on survival Rattlesnake.

I've made a big blunder with Truro in the Championship, signed 19 new players on MASSIVE wages and we still dont look good enough to stay up. Squad harmony is awful at the moment and we're leaking money fast. Think I might just get rid of a lot of players in January and try to get some players in on much cheaper wages.

Well done on survival Rattlesnake.

I've made a big blunder with Truro in the Championship, signed 19 new players on MASSIVE wages and we still dont look good enough to stay up. Squad harmony is awful at the moment and we're leaking money fast. Think I might just get rid of a lot of players in January and try to get some players in on much cheaper wages.

Ended up finishing 12th, roughly 20 points away from relegation and the playoffs, pretty dull season. Got rid of all high earners and am going to rebuild next season with a more sensible financial policy. Will do a proper report later when I can be arsed to do screenshots and all that.

Hey, sorry, this mat sound like a stupid question, but i am about to start this challenge and was wandering if there was a better way to search for players then player search...

Its just everyone on here seems to find amazing players early on and i was just wandering how they did it...

Any tips/hints and advice much appreciated!

Boston united season 7 2016/17

So after the disappointment of missing out on promotion by losing in the playoff final last season I was determined to gain promotion this season but nothing repared me for the way the season would go.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures pt2, Fixtures pt 3

FA Cup Went out to Luton in the First round proper.

FA Trophy FA Trophy Final[/url Great run through to the Final where we edged out Southport on Penalties.

Transfers

Star Player

Nabil Sharif

Wasn't expecting much out of Sharif to be honest but he was banging goals in for fun throughout the season end ing up with

Top Scorer and Player of the Year

Key Players

Matty Wolfenden Sharif's strike partner for most of the year scoring around 15 goals this season.

Michael Coulson Another striker brought in on a fre who turned out to be a fairly good goal machine.

Gavin Carlin Would have conceded more if not for Carlin in the goal.

George Moncur Impressive midfielder bought in 2016 from Peterborough after having him on loan a couple of seasons earlier.

Shaun Batt A menace to all left backs and left midfielders also chipping in a few goals

Finances

On a personal note I won manager of the Year

Also the team had 5 players in the Team of the Year

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy

Other Winners

Premier League - Liverpool

FA Cup - Chelsea

Carling Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - A.C. Milan

UEFA Cup - Everton. - this was a Merseyside Derby

Aims for next season

Survival

Nice Almondo. Sharif looks tremendous for that level.

Hey, sorry, this mat sound like a stupid question, but i am about to start this challenge and was wandering if there was a better way to search for players then player search...

Its just everyone on here seems to find amazing players early on and i was just wandering how they did it...

Look at your scouts, they *sometimes* know what they're talking about. Also look at higher clubs released players and see if you can get them in on trials. Rangers, Celtic, and League 1/2 clubs are probably your best bet at the moment.

Jamie Spencer - Season 7 (16/17) The Championship - 12th Place

Can barely even be bothered to write a report on this nothing season, holidayed most of it because it wasn't going anywhere. Signed too many players, most of them on ridiculous wages for what they gave me. Had a few players on around £13k per week and they were old players that just didn't perform. Got rid of all of the high earners in Jan when it was clear we would survive.

League Table: http://img709.imageshack.us/i/leaguetable1617.jpg/

Transfers: http://img63.imageshack.us/i/transferspart1.jpg/ and http://img63.imageshack.us/i/transferspart2.jpg/ Wayne Brown and Sulimani were the best of the lot. Both have already been sold to fund our efforts for the following season.

Star Players: http://img709.imageshack.us/i/careca.jpg/ Careca was a loan player and our top scorer

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/waynebrown.jpg/ Wayne Brown was POTY for us but I needed the money to fund a rebuild again.

Have succesfuly got rid of all of the highest earners at the club, am going for a different policy next year and instead of signing so many domestic players on such high wages i've trusted my scouts efforts over in eastern europe. May be time to spend some money because iirc our only transfer fee spent previously was in season one, Gary Holt for £500 :D

With a new look side I hope to maybe be able to push for the playoffs.

Season     Team           League            Finished     Achievements
2010/11    Truro City   Blue Square South    	1st           Promoted, Champions
2011/12    Truro City   Blue Square Premier    	13th       
2012/13    Truro City   Blue Square Premier     1st           Promoted, Champions
2013/14    Truro City   League 2                3rd       Promoted
2014/15    Truro City   League 1                11th
2015/16    Truro City   League 1                 2nd       promoted
2016/17    Truro City   The Championship          12th   

The best piece of advice I got (I think it was from dafuge) was to scout and trial as many players as possible. If the scouts/coaches like them then sign them up, you might find some gems, certainly I did in my two star regens, James Foster and Jeet Padaruth.

After having a few months off from this challenge, tonight I decided to load up my saved game as Nuneaton in championship! Only to find that my file is corrupt! Is there anyway it can be fixed? Would someone be kind enough to pm me a saved file of a team that is liable to this challenge prefrabley in the championship or premiership if that is all availble!

I Guess nobody wants to help me out!:thdn:

Archived