dafuge's FM10 challenge

Just signed a player for £1 :D So much more satisfying than picking someone up on a free.

Coming towards the final 10 games of the season now, starting to get really hopeful that we can keep our play-off place.

Can just imagine, you're sat in the other manager's office, you conlude the deal, shake hands, then you go to leave.

*Ahem*

"Yes...? Oh, why of course"

*Digs some change out of pocket*

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston United - Season 7 - Premiership - 2016/2017

Media Prediction - 5th

Final Position - 1st

FA Cup - Winners

Carling Cup - Winners

Europa - Finalists

League Table

Position Graph

Transfers

Finances

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Got off to a horrible start in the league. Took me a few rounds to find my feet and allow the team to gel. Found it though and managed to get into the Champions League places. At the turn of the year I was challenging for the title. Down the stretch I had a cluster of fixtures due to being in different comps but pulled off the necessary results to win the league after the second to last game. Had a slight tweak to the tactics and improved performances a bit to help.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the win the FA Cup. Beat Arsenal to get my first hold of the trophy. In the Carling Cup I had a nice run and went to the Final. Beat Aston Villa again to get a repeat of the trophy.

In Europe I played Villa again in the UEFA Final. Close game but they just edged us on pens. Nice little run and highlighted by a 7-0 trashing of Depotivo. Also had a 4-1 win over Juventus after being beaten in the 1st leg of the Semi.

Made a few nice transfers this year. The signings contributed well. Key among them was Taison. Also got in a new CB partnership in Morais and Gueye. Moving on the former though to get in a much better younger CB, 20yo IIRC. His scout report sees him being up for the big matches so that's nice. Donoso also played well as LB or RB. Kalinin did well on the right wing but he's much better in the centre. Gonna bring in another winger. Adebayor did a great job for me. Chipped in with a good amount of goals. Bolat was awesome between the posts. :) Hargreaves and Quaresma contributed well. Cuevas is a bit of a tricky situation and may move him on.

The club is now rated as Continental. I am a World Class manager. Also, am now one of the two legends of the club.:cool: New stadium named after the other on though as he was there before me.:mad:

Half of the challenge completed.:thup:

Awards

Manager of Season

Team of Year

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners
Championship         14/15       1st    Champions
Premiership          15/16       5th    Carling Cup Winners
Premiership          16/17       1st    [b]Champions[/b], Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners

Canvey Island

Blue Square South

2013/14

Well, given that the board were expecting a season of mid-table obscurity, I think they will be pretty happy with what we achieved.

Blue Square South

The best defensive record in the league says something about our season, we built a very solid base and were very consistent throughout the campaign. As you can see from the league position graph, we were in and around the play-off places for the whole season, though despite a brief period of stunning form in the first half of the season we never looked remotely like claiming the title. Nevertheless, we comfortably finished fourth and booked a play-off semi final against Farnborough. Our spot in the final was sorted when we won the first leg 5-1, a second leg 1-1 draw just a mere formality. The final was against Ebbsfleet, who had collapsed in the final fifteen games from a comfortable lead, and we went ahead three times, eventually claiming the win that saw us promoted to the Blue Square Premier.

FA Cup

A good run in this, my first to the opening round of the tournament proper, was massively helpful to the cashflow, especially as our game against Colchester was picked up for TV coverage. The win against Wrexham was a real high point of the season, and to be honest I was glad that we eventually lost after a strong showing against Colchester as it would mean less disruption to our fixture list in the second half of the season.

FA Trophy

We stuffed Grays 6-1 in the 3rd qualifying round before being on the wrong end of a 3-1 scoreline against Gateshead in the 1st round. At least we reached the minimum target though.

Transfers

It was a case of getting a lot of players through the door this season, although the fact that some of them didn't work out meant that the squad was a little bloated (though still below wage budget) by the end of the campaign. My first signing for a decent fee, Ismail Yakubu at £3,500, was a big hit but the most satisfying was paying £1 for Jim Gordon from Brentford, and seeing him make a big difference to our promotion push.

Key Players

Undoubtedly our #1 player this season was striker James Foster. We picked him up on a free transfer after he was released by BSP side Crawley and his return of twenty-one goals and thirteen assists was a big reason why we did well. He proved to have a knack of scoring in 1-0 wins, and that level of importance saw him shortlisted for the BSS Player of the Season award.

My favourite player from last year, Mark Hartmann had another good season, but a two month injury gap coincided with a real loss of form for us and I hope he can make the step up in division next season. Jim Gordon proved to be a good late season signing whilst Ismail Yakubu was worth each of the £3,500 I paid for him.

Kyle Wilson was at times disappointing after his move from Havant & Waterlooville, but he started scoring regularly in the final third of the season, and his captaincy was vital throughout; the team performed far better with him around no matter what his level of performance was. The one player who continued to surprise me was goalkeeper Jeet Padaruth, brought in as a last option at the beginning of last season he has established himself well and truly as our #1 and fought off competition from four other goalkeepers who have been brought in during that time. Twenty nine clean sheets in seventy-nine league games for the youngster speak volumes about him.

Next Season

Stay up. Please for **** sake just stay up. Losing a bit less cash would be nice as well. The FA Cup run helped with the finances this year, but we still leaked money overall, just to a considerably smaller degree than last season.

Career Overview

Season League Final Pos. Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
2010/11 Blue Square North 5th Lost in play-off semi final
2011/12 Blue Square North 12th Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
2012/13 Blue Square South 10th None
2013/14 Blue Square South 4th Promoted via play-offs

I am shocked. Last game in the Group fase of the Europa League. Hoffenheim vs Sampdoria and LOSC Lille vs Guiseley. Lille 12 points, Sampdoria 7 points, Guiseley 7 points and Hoffenheim 3 points. But because Sampdoria have got a better result vs us they are in 2nd place.

Hoffenheim - Sampdoria 92" 0-0

Lille - Guiseley 92" 1-1

Hoffenheim - Sampdoria 93" 0-0

Lille - Guiseley 93" 1-2 (means we are 2nd in the group!!!!)

Hoffenheim - Sampdoria end 0-0

Lille - Guiseley 95" 2-2 (............................)

Congrats on the promotion Terk :)

Cheers :thup: I was pleased to have that level of consistency through the season, and if we can defend as well next season then we have a decent chance of staying up.

That's a horrible way to go out, foost :(

Holy hell, roseboy, that is some seriously quick progress :thup:

Leveraged the future of the club by spreading payments but it's brought in quality and with decent tactics it's allowed for success.

Plus , I leave most games to the Ass Man to manage, take over if a bad run develops and tweak a few things and back on we go.

Also, frees are awesome if you're lucky.:)

Oh and TBH, the Championship was the biggest surprise. I didn't think I had the requisite strength of players but I walked it. The leagues further down though, as I said above frees regardless of age allowed me to build squads of similar quality to the top teams in the divisions. Have to be ruthless and ship people out even if they were great the season before. Takes a while for the team to gel but as promotion is the aim, 'tis necessary.

How shocking... I signed Cristiano this season for € 17.5M. A lot of money, but I think he was worth it. He started of really great at midfield, but now after 6 months Manchester City make a bid of € 35M + 15% profit. I do think it is a great offer and maybe I should do it and buy another player for less but I am gonna reject it. I think Cristiano can become a club legend. Hope he won't get mad :s

If all that happens next season is that I get revenge on Nuneaton then I'll be a happy camper :D

Just seen that Tranmere have been relegated from League 2, so we'll get a nice day out to Prenton Park.

Congratz on promotion Terk.:thup: Hope you destroy Nuneaton in your 2 revenge matches.

I've just noticed Hartlepool are in the BSN in my game:D

Cheers, hrbfcrule :) We don't play Nuneaton until November, so we've got plenty of time to get used to the level required before we school them :cool:

Got the first win on the board early :thup: Lost our opening game 1-0 at Kidderminster, having put in a really good effort. Then played Forest Green away, 2-0 down inside ten minutes but fought back to win 3-2.

Truro - BSS - 2010-11

Media prediction: 18th (League table)

Actual finish: 12th (Can't find league positions graph?)

FA Cup: 4th qualifying round

FA Trophy: First Round

Transfers

Finances :(

Very grim losses

Disappointing season overall, really wanted a good cup run but was knocked out by a lower league team (Cleveden) and played abysmal in both legs and they deserved to go through. We did start well but but faded and started conceding more stupid goals. I'll take the blame for not doing better for playing some bizarre formations and signing some dreadful players. Although I signed loads of players I was always under my wage budget by about £2.5K. Just looking through my squad now and no-one had an excellent season worth posting, most just got solid rating throughout with the odd shocker thrown in.

Next season

Have been given a wage budget of £6K (currently spending £4.7K) so have got room to play with. The bookies have given me 40-1 to go up but I don't think I'd be putting money on myself but really do need play-offs at least!

League               Season    Finished  Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South          10/11       12th      N/A

Bedford BSN 2010/2011

Finished my first season. After an incredible final 8-10 games I found my self with a chance of gainning a play-off spot. With only 1 spot remaining in the final game of the season it was between ourselves and Fleetwood. Guess who we were playing in the final game...thats right our final play-off spot contenders at home. News of the outcome and a full season report to follow later.

Finally we've had a good start, with 5 games unbeaten at the start of the season. The sixth was a defeat, and YET AGAIN Phil Parkin got injured. He's out for 3-4 months :O Hopefully we will keep in touch with the pack by January when he returns. He was playing really well, too - we kept keeping clean sheets!

Well this should make things Interesting my Chairmans Status is now 'Will to Listen to Offers' :(

And Man Utd have just had a Tycoon takeover which will make winning the league in the future just that little bit more harder :(

Keep us updated on any further developments.

Season 1 - Bedford Town - BSN - 2010/2011

Media Prediction - 22nd

Actual Position - 8th (Table) - (Positions Graph) - (Results 1/Results 2)

Review of Season:With the aim being to avoid relegation, Im glad we managed to achieve this and more. By the half way mark it looked like a mid table finish would be the best we could hope for. However, with a few good results here and there and a strong final ten games, a play-off spot looked on the cards. But 2 draws in the final games, with one coming against Fleetwood (our main rival for the final play-off spot) our hopes of contesting the play-offs were diminished. They went on to gain promotion.

Cups:

Fa Cup: Was pleased to make it as far as we did. Gave a good account of ourselves against better opposition. Board was pleased.

Fa Trophy: The Board told us to enjoy the experience of participating. I took this oppertunity to give first team players a rest and give the others a game or two.

Transfers: Not the complete overhaule I had anticipated as I decided to give most players a chance and more players came in than out. The loan signings were great and I wonder if I had them for the whole season how different the final table could have been.

Finances: Not great but not unusual at this level

Squad: I was pleased with how the players that were already at the club performed and they were better than alot of the players I brought in. Going to weed out the weaker players to make room for League 2/BSP freebies.

Drew Rattlesnake_85 Key Player of the Year Award: Winner

Runner-up

*Both players were Bedford players before I arrived. They proved to me they have a part to play in my team.

Aims for Next Season: I just need a few quality players to take us to that next level. Perhaps 5-6 new faces and I think I could make a push for promotion.

Bedford Town
Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North           8th                      None

Boston united season 4 2013/14

A disappointing season all in all with us only just avoinding relegation on the final day of the season. Will have to prepare fully for next season and do a lot better.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures Pt 2, Fixtures Pt 3

FA Cup Through to the first round proper for the second time before going out to Grimsby

FA Trophy Disappointing here going out in the first round.

Transfers

Key Players

NO player could really be called key this season.

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none

Other Winners

Premier League - Chelsea

FA Cup - Liverpool

Carling Cup - Arsenal

Champions League - Barcelona

UEFA Cup - Real Madrid

World Cup - Brazil

Aims for next season

Finish higher up the table.

Very solid first season, Rattlesnake. Definitely gives you something to build on for next year :thup:

Thanks :), It was one of my favourite seasons in a while with FM. I think my love of the game has risen to the level it once was with FM 07. Just shows how satisfying a season can be even if you don't win anything (trophies wise).

Good luck with the rest of your season in BSP, revenge is sweet ;)

Cheers, Rattlesnake :thup:

Through the first ten games in my first BSP season now, my form is LWDWLLLWWW which puts us on 16 points in 5th place. The average number of points needed to stay up across the five seasons of the game so far is 48, so we're already a third of the way there.

My two strikers, the same two who fired us to promotion last season, have netted fifteen between them already this time round :thup:

Kingstonian (2034/2035)

Premier League Prediction - 1

Premier League Position - 1

Table

Graph

Summary

Nothing special to report other than the Chairman is leaving.

Squad

PLAYERS FROM OWN RANKS:

Bowler

Robson

Burke

Brackenridge

Elliot

Canham

Russel

Webster

Introducing:

Gould

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:

Win the League Cup. Continue to do more youth work and try to play the youth a bit more

League                Season    Finished   Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------
Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
League One            2015/16   13th      none
League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  [b]Champions League Winners[/b]
Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  [b]Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED[/b]
Premier League	      2030/31   1st	  Premier League Champions
Premier League	      2031/32   1st	  Premier League Champions
Premier League	      2032/33   1st	  Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners.
Premier League	      2033/34   1st	  Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners
Premier League	      2034/35   1st	  Premier League Champions

Archived