dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lost in the Championship playoff semi's to Notts County :(

Had about 10 players absent throughout the seasons because they couldn't settle so hoping next year we'll have a more settled side.

Unlucky on the playoff semi final loss. Good Luck for next season:thup:, i hope your players can settle by then

This always happens its so frustrating. We match the other team in shots, ccc's, possesion etc but we just can't finish:mad:

At least its comforting to know that on our day we can match the english champions and champions league finalists

I had the same problem last season and bought these 2 guys with high finishing to counter it: Ramon, Thibaud Lehnen

and

I've put all my strikers and midfield on my customized training which is basically same as the general one but with higher shooting and attacking.

Does anyone know any other ways to improve strikers finishing? any help would be greatly appreciated

Everyone,

Had a slight injury crisis, so looked around and saw that my old friends Newport County (remember them?) had released that complete pain Magno Vieira, so I decide to pick him up as some cover. A few weeks later, we play Newport County, down 2-1, so i decided, why not, i'll throw him on. Oh Karma. :)

I Guess nobody wants to help me out!:thdn:

What exactly are you asking for? Someone to send you a game that they've worked hard as hell on to get their team up into the championship or prem and then allow you to take over as well so you'd have the exact same game and players as them?

Hrbfcfule,

Have you tried changing their preferred moves? I'm not gonna be great advice because I'm used to everyone missing in the lower leagues, but it's a thought.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that, I'll let you know if my finishing gets any better:)

Also congratz on getting revenge on Newport County, great tactical substitution by you there :D

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that, I'll let you know if my finishing gets any better:)

Also congratz on getting revenge on Newport County great tactical substitution by you there :D

Thanks. I'm not going to lie it was one of the most satisfying wins i've ever had on any FM game, as ridiculous as it sounds just being a run of the mill league game. Just so good to get my own back, especially after I'd specifically complained about Magno on here! I thought, screw it, have a run out, and he paid me back kindly.

And yeah, who knows, it might not work at all, but probably couldn't hurt. Tell them to place shots or something to that effect.

Truro City FC - Blue Square South - 2012/13

Media Prediction: 6th

Actual Position : 3rd

Absolute heartbreak, its happened again. finished 3rd this year, only coming behind 2nd place by virtue of one less goal scored. Into the playoffs I went, this time I navigated the semi-finals even more comfortably than the 2-1 aggregate score would suggest, and with 84 minutes gone, 1 nil up and complete domination from my side, it looked like it would continue in that manner. Step forward Henrik Ojamaa, with an equaliser to break my heart, they got another in extra-time and I couldnt find an equaliser to take it to penalties. On the plus side though, we made it to the 3rd round of the FA Cup and in doing so made a profit of 200k for the year. Have to go up next season, can't take another season of disappointment.

League Table

FA Cup

Heroic stuff, Tranmere replay especially. That game almost singlehandedly saved the clubs finances. Stuffed by Wolves but with 5 leagues between the clubs I'll forgive that. Another run like that next year and we'll be rich.

FA Trophy

A big improvement on previous seasons, as with everything, but I kinda feel that my cup runs hampered my league progress a little, but with the fragile finances in the lower leagues, its an obstacle that has to be accepted.

Transfers

Getting ever stronger, very few of the original players from the first season left now.

Squad

As above.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None
2011/12   Blue Square South        4th        PlayOff Semi-Finals
2012/13   Blue Square South        3rd        PlayOff Runner Up

Next Season

Promotion. Please?

Hastings United - 2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier

The media prediction was pretty nasty again, putting us 24th. However, I had hope that we would at least achieve a top half position, and so told the board I was confident of a safe mid-table spot.

---

Season Summary

We started strongly, but then really had a poor second half of the season for reasons I can't really grasp. I think the lack of quality of our back four came back to haunt us ans we had a large number of 2-2 and close high scoring losses.

Final Table

League Positions - Graph

We finished 8th, which seemed a fair reflection of our performance over 46 games, but obviously I can't help a feeling of wistful disappointment given our very strong opening to the year.

FA Cup - 1st Round

Bookmaker's dream; trounced Totton but then drew League One Swindon and got beat fairly easily in the 1st Round.

FA Trophy - 2nd Round

Should have beaten Eastbourne in this one but two late goals kicked us out. This coincideded with our massive loss in form and so it's a fair reflection of where the season went.

----

Transfers - Lots of action again.

Squad - Nothing outstanding, so I suppose I'm quite happy with the overall performance with them.

Finances - Sad finances is sad.

----

Key Players

Kyle McAusland - Blue Square Premier player of the season. Just epic up front with Lee Phillips.

Lee Phillips - The other side of the up front combo and our main goal scorer.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4693606&postcount=5028]2010/11[/url]   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
[url=http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4710480&postcount=5113]2011/12[/url]   Blue Square Premier      8th         None

Next Season

Playoff spots have to be the goal next season. We were good enough in the start of the year to get there and with a few additions at the back and in the middle we should be good enough to get there again.

Hrbfcfule,

Have you tried changing their preferred moves? I'm not gonna be great advice because I'm used to everyone missing in the lower leagues, but it's a thought.

Seems to be working at the moment either that or my strikers have finally found some form

CSF that's even worse than just missing out on the playoffs. I know as I had exactly the same situation in BSP

Definitely, and losing my leads so late have made it all the worse for me.

Just won myself a place in the FA Cup third round again, the draw put us against Aston Villa away, so that should be a nice money spinner once more. Beat League One strugglers Northampton 5-1 at home in round two, my left back who played two seasons for us in the Blue Square South, and was making his 111th appearance for the club scored his first goal for us, and quickly followed it up with his second goal :thup:

Just won myself a place in the FA Cup third round again, the draw put us against Aston Villa away, so that should be a nice money spinner once more. Beat League One strugglers Northampton 5-1 at home in round two, my left back who played two seasons for us in the Blue Square South, and was making his 111th appearance for the club scored his first goal for us, and quickly followed it up with his second goal :thup:

Congrats. I drew championship squad preston away in the third round, should get some decent money for that too.

Sutton United: Season 2014/15

Media Prediction: 24th

Final Position: 4th (Lost in play-off semi-finals)

Position Graph

I knew we'd stay up but wasn't expecting this, the lads put in a great amount of effort, and we easily could've gotten promoted automatically if it wasn't for some jammy draws. But despite that, I thought it was a fantastic season. We were even top for 3 weeks, even if it was near the very start! Did nothing in the cups as usual, got smashed by Newport County in the 2nd Round of the FA Trophy, and went out in the 1st Round of the FA Cup.

Squad

Made a couple of significant additions, they were Brett Pitman, who was ok but did not live up to expectations, and Josh Magennis who had a decent year. The loan move of Tom Patterson was also very helpful, he provided the class I needed in the Attacking Midfielder position. Good squad, want to build on the defensive side of things next year, and bring in a striker. Few of my youth products starting to play a bit more, examples being Glenn Cowan, Jordan Hobbs and Steven Doyle, which is quite good.

Finances

Better than last year, just slightly though. New sponsorship deal which is slightly better I suppose. Hoping for an investor, stadium expansion or something positive, cup run please. Need money!

Transfers

Not a lot of players came in, two loans that weren't working were ended almost immediately by me. A lot had to go out to reduce the bloody wage budget, when I came to Sutton United it was about £7.5k, but due to me doing all I can financally it could be under £3k this year, and we're still losing huge amounts of money. Oh well.

Links

Club Information

Manager Profile (I skip time inbetween matches A LOT, and don't take friendlies/arrange them or do Press Conferences, this is why Hands On Approach is so low if you might be wondering why.)

Overview

Key Players

Joe Devera

Adam Davies

Steven Doyle

Kingsley Williams

John White

David Howland

Tom Patterson

Josh Magennis

[b]Season     League                 Position     Points     Notes
[/b]2010/11    Blue Square South      5th          72         Promoted via play-offs
2011/12    Blue Square Premier    21st         42         Relegated
2012/13    Blue Square South      2nd          82         Lost in play-off semi-finals
2013/14    Blue Square South      1st          85         Promoted as champions
2014/15    Blue Square Premier    4th          81         Lost in play-off semi-finals

Not looking forward to the Villa game. We've lost 5 of our 6 games since beating Northampton, our defence has gone to pieces and players who a month ago were looking like world beaters are now playing like total clowns. Got a game at Port Vale, then the Villa match, expecting that we'll make it 7 defeats in 8 by the time they're over :(

Fortunately we're 13 points clear of the relegation zone as our form has been pretty solid so far this season. If this run continues then we could get sucked back, but I'm pretty certain that we'll do enough to stay up.

Boston united season 8 2017/18

Going into League 2 the expectation was that we avoid Relegation. I was surprised how easily we managed this.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures pt 2, Fixtures pt 3

FA Cup Best competition of the lot making the 2nd round

League Cup Went out in the first round to Oldham

Johnstone's Paint Trophy[/url

Transfers

Star Player

Michael Coulson

Scored four in our first game in League 2 and carried on scoring for most of the season although he was injured for a while.

3rd in Top Scorer

Key Players

Nabil Sharif Kept scoring after last season but not as much as last year.

Richard Martin Good Keeper who kept us in some games.

David Worrall Brought in on Loan from Blackburn and was great at left back

Finances

Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion

Other Winners

Premier League - Man City

FA Cup - Wolverhamton Wanderers

Carling Cup - Wolverhampton Wandereres

Champions League - Real Madrid

UEFA Cup - Roma

World Cup - Spain

Aims for next season

Survival

Argh all my players are being stolen by bigger clubs in january. I rejected the first round of offers and now players are unhappy that i won't let them move on to a bigger club. So it looks like i will be losing half of my starting XI :(

I guess they dont want to sign a new contract aswell? Maybe you can tell the press you are very happy with them and try to give them a new contract then?

I always say NO to clubs who are interested or bidding for a player and say that I need the player to become big and win trophys... then they are willing to stay and fight.

I guess they dont want to sign a new contract aswell? Maybe you can tell the press you are very happy with them and try to give them a new contract then?

I always say NO to clubs who are interested or bidding for a player and say that I need the player to become big and win trophys... then they are willing to stay and fight.

Nah they won't accept a new contract and when i tell them to stay, they "stand firm in transfer row" and hand in a transfer request.

Maybe offer them to clubs for some money, so that you will get money for them :s

Yer that is what I am doing now, may as well rip off some clubs with them. I have 4 or 5 players who i wanted by at least 6 clubs each so i have offered them out for twice their actual value.

Hopefully i can find some cheap replacements and make some money from this for a new stadium which i seriously need

Any advice for getting out of the BSN? Am Bradford PA, and after a decent midtable finish first year, I am struggling to stay in second year. 3 points of safety 10 games left, and if it wasnt for my 10 match unbeaten run at the start or Workington being 10 points deducted id be in even worse shape.

Basically wondering if theres any good tactics to use, and how people managed to find better players, and what sort of attributes they need

What exactly are you asking for? Someone to send you a game that they've worked hard as hell on to get their team up into the championship or prem and then allow you to take over as well so you'd have the exact same game and players as them?

I worked hard as he'll to get my Nuneaton side into the championship! I tried again with Boston United but I didn't have the interest or patience to cycle through the leagues again! I experienced a power cut in my house which corrupted my save and I was asking for is a save roughly in the championship!

Finally got back to playing after 4 weeks of hell with exams, essays and revision! Just received the draw for Euro 2032, England (me), Scotland, France, Germany... dunno bout group of death, but group of grudge matches certainly :)

Any advice for getting out of the BSN? Am Bradford PA, and after a decent midtable finish first year, I am struggling to stay in second year. 3 points of safety 10 games left, and if it wasnt for my 10 match unbeaten run at the start or Workington being 10 points deducted id be in even worse shape.

Basically wondering if theres any good tactics to use, and how people managed to find better players, and what sort of attributes they need

I suffered badly with second season syndrome at BPA (and Nuneaton) before I joined Canvey. The advice I was given when I joined Canvey was to make pace and acceleration your top qualities in players you look for and to scout and trial as many players as possible to up your chances of finding a gem.

The tactic that got me out of the BSS was a very simple 4-4-2 based on counter attacking football as I had assembled a very quick team compared to others in the division.

Can't be bothered with updates on the last 2 seasons. We've lost in the semi finals of the playoffs 2 years running now. useless bunch of bottling, moaning ******* in our team. Time for nearly everyone to be sold and for a new tactic to be found.

Now spent £19.75m trying to get us out of the division

Sold a few players for £23m

Hope this is our year, can't stand another playoff loss.

I'm going to give this a shot. Should be interesting as other than the 150 matches I have played in this version I haven't played since CM4. On top of that I am a Yank and the nuances of football are very foreign to me. I understand the basics though. Not sure the basics can get me to the Premiership but we will see.

I'll update more later (incl. my starting screenshot), but I started with Tiverton Town.

Expect a bumpy ride and please wish me luck!

I'm going to give this a shot. Should be interesting as other than the 150 matches I have played in this version I haven't played since CM4. On top of that I am a Yank and the nuances of football are very foreign to me. I understand the basics though. Not sure the basics can get me to the Premiership but we will see.

I'll update more later (incl. my starting screenshot), but I started with Tiverton Town.

Good luck mate! Where in the US are you?

Good luck and welcome back :D

Well, 2nd season in the BSP was better than the first, but still not really a great season.

Table

Positions Graph: As you can see, we fell off at the end.

FA Cup: We made it to the third round, then were well and truly dumped out :)

Squad:

Keeper:

Tom Brooks. Got a new one finally for next season.

Defenders:

David Wallace. 1st cash signing. Had a good season.

Simon Turner, who did a Michael Jackson.

Matt Logan

Kieran Nicholson

Phil Ifil

Andy Frampton

Midfielders:

Oliver Hewitt-Fisher. After a poor first season in BSP, his second was much better, POY better.

Max Harrop

Keko

Alex

Andy Taylor. Last season for his as well, been a good player for the club

Michael Bostwick. Sold for 10k to Llanelli

Forwards:

Adebayo Akinfenwa

Adrian Patulea. Another solid year from the goalscorer

Stewart Yetton. Released on a free after he kept messing up the squads harmony.

Season Best Eleven

Career Best Eleven

Finances

If this friendly is any indication though, we could have a much more potent offense this season. Granted, I know the opponent is poor, but we have never scored close to that many.

Got a few new players in again, including one actually from GH Academy who is one of the better players on my team.

Look at Liverpool, by the way, poor Rafa.

Congratz Dons2387, nice safe mid table position, promotion should be possible in 2 or 3 seasons, good luck and nice result on your friendly vs GH Academy:eek: ive never scored that many even in a friendly

Also i've got to laugh at liverpool:D:D relegated in 2014, if only that could happen in real life

Congratz Dons2387, nice safe mid table position, promotion should be possible in 2 or 3 seasons, good luck and nice result on your friendly vs GH Academy:eek: ive never scored that many even in a friendly

Also i've got to laugh at liverpool:D:D relegated in 2014, if only that could happen in real life

Thanks mate, yeah I couldn't believe that scoreline. And I agree about the pool, if only. How are things going for you atm?

Archived