I'm going to cancel my order with Zavvis because .....

so what if its a few days late its not the end of the world !! reading the papers today the royal mail have said that 5000 managers are delivering still some are crossing the line to deliver and they are hiring 30000 temps to do the deliveries. id say at the very most you will be waiting an extra week tops.

Very Expensive

The game is £29.99 on Steam, £29.96 on Amazon or £29.99 on Play.com. About the cheapest I can find is £23.95 with Zavvi, but once you account for postage and the possibility of delay with her majs' mail service then I figure 'what's £6?

People have so much bad to say about Steam, but it's really quite good.

The game is £29.99 on Steam, £29.96 on Amazon or £29.99 on Play.com. About the cheapest I can find is £23.95 with Zavvi, but once you account for postage and the possibility of delay with her majs' mail service then I figure 'what's £6?

People have so much bad to say about Steam, but it's really quite good.

Personally i prefer boxed version with manual rather than digital version. :thup:

Also i'm living in Ireland where steam charge 49.99 euro when i can get it for 23.85 euro elsewhere. 'Whats 26 euro?'

Im sticking with zavvi for £17.95, id sooner save £12 and wait a few more days, thats 5 pints :D

I agree im going to be patient and wait it out as well for 17.95, as they say in this life all the best things are worth waiting for :D

I ordered at Zavvi for £17.95, & used a £5 voucher i won in the recent HotUKDeals giveaway so technically it's only costing me £12.95!! It would cost me double to buy instore anywhere!! I'm more than happy to wait a few extra days, even a couple weeks to get mine. Especially with the impending patch Miles has posted a sticky about. The demo will tide me over until I get mine!!

Likewise with me

I ordered at Zavvi for £17.95, & used a £5 voucher i won in the recent HotUKDeals giveaway so technically it's only costing me £12.95!! It would cost me double to buy instore anywhere!! I'm more than happy to wait a few extra days, even a couple weeks to get mine. Especially with the impending patch Miles has posted a sticky about. The demo will tide me over until I get mine!!

Exactly. I feel really lucky to be getting it for £17.95 when I'm short of money at the moment. I don't care how long it takes to be delivered, I've saved around £10 on any other online price. Last year, I missed out on getting FM09 for £18.99 and I was gutted - ended up getting it for £23.99 and it was 3 days late, and I thought "I wish I'd paid less for it, it would make the wait worth the money then".

Plus, for the first time, I've suddenly gotten into FM07 in the past couple of days. Couldn't get into it for some reason but now I love it, so that's going to keep me going. :D

Exactly. I feel really lucky to be getting it for £17.95 when I'm short of money at the moment. I don't care how long it takes to be delivered, I've saved around £10 on any other online price. Last year, I missed out on getting FM09 for £18.99 and I was gutted - ended up getting it for £23.99 and it was 3 days late, and I thought "I wish I'd paid less for it, it would make the wait worth the money then".

Plus, for the first time, I've suddenly gotten into FM07 in the past couple of days. Couldn't get into it for some reason but now I love it, so that's going to keep me going. :D

agree with both of these....

the cheap price softens the blow of late delivery - and its not like its zavvi's fault anyway...

typical of the 'must have now' culture that is around nowadays, people aren't prepared to wait for an extra few days for what is a quality product..

just keep playing the demo for a few days more!!

by the way, is the online manual going to be live from next friday? you could spend time reading that in the few days extra you have - no excuses for having a mare with your team then!!!!

The posties are striking for 3 days starting next week Thursday.

My wife bought the game for my birthday which is on the Sunday.

5 strikes in total so far will just cause a delivery delay of about a month.

I'll cancel and buy it at Game even if it is going to cost me more.

Royal Mail have rather shot themselves in the foot with this strike action. Amazon are supposed to be axing their contract with them (worth ~£25mp/a) and I'm getting rid of my business account with them.

As a side note, I love how couriers in general provide their service very grudgingly. A few days ago FedEx dropped a "Sorry we missed you" thing through my door. It had a box saying "We'll retry delivery:" and the chap had ticked "tomorrow" and then where the boxes for "AM/PM/Evening" were, instead of ticking one he just circled all three. What a cad. I gave him suitably short shrift when he did arrive by answering the door unshowered and in my badly-in-need-of-repair jimjams. Hopefully he got an eyeful of scrotum.

Yes, sticking with Zavvi too. I'm doing late shifts when FM is released anyway so won't get time to play. By the time I receive it and get a chance to play then there may be a patch out and some people will have posted new and/or edited leagues etc.

Good things come to those that wait ...... although so does old age, and that's not so good ..... damn!

Royal Mail have drafted in temp workers this week, and undoubted will again next week. cant imagine the delays will be too bad. and surely the companies will send copies out early into the post too to ensure they arrive on time. a month delay simply isnt going to happen. thats paper talk rubbish as 95% of the news is.

I knew that! Just cant belive that someone would be naive enough to admit to piracy on the game developers forum.

Ah I did think you might be playing him a get out of jail card! I quite often pirate games after I've bought them because I'd prefer them stripped of DRM and don't like having to insert the DVD.

Whats then point in beating about the bush. I am sick of hearing people advising to use the over priced steam, and such awkward scenarios as buy another copy from a shop, then take the game that arrives through the post to the shop they bought the original game from.

It's not as if I am stealing the game, I am buying the game. I am just saying there is a desperate last minute extreme option.

There is a lot of software I use that I have never paid for, but Football Manager is a piece of software that I always pay for. It is one of the rare programmes that are worth the money.

Whats then point in beating about the bush. I am sick of hearing people advising to use the over priced steam, and such awkward scenarios as buy another copy from a shop, then take the game that arrives through the post to the shop they bought the original game from.

It's not as if I am stealing the game, I am buying the game. I am just saying there is a desperate last minute extreme option.

There is a lot of software I use that I have never paid for, but Football Manager is a piece of software that I always pay for. It is one of the rare programmes that are worth the money.

Honesty is the best policy :) I've bought every edition of FM except 08, which was so bad I took it back for store credit, but kept installed as a "Screw you for thinking you could take £25 of my money for that" to the developers. Clearly it worked.

Very Expensive
Personally i prefer boxed version with manual rather than digital version. :thup:

Also i'm living in Ireland where steam charge 49.99 euro when i can get it for 23.85 euro elsewhere. 'Whats 26 euro?'

Okay, I didn't look at your location. I just saw 'lutontown' and thought he must be in England somewhere.

Okay, Steam is expensive in Ireland. That's what you get for joining the Euro. :p

I have to say that I'm surprised that it is so much different in price in Ireland which is just across the water from us. I wonder why that is?

Honesty is the best policy :) I've bought every edition of FM except 08, which was so bad I took it back for store credit, but kept installed as a "Screw you for thinking you could take £25 of my money for that" to the developers. Clearly it worked.

That's not going to give you glory in the eyes of the mods...

...I smell a ticking off in the air. :eek:

Archived