The 2007/08 Chelsea Thread

Philip Rolfe

off the top of my head:

25 max in the A list (of which 6 are home grown - 3 club, 3 association)

Unlimited on the B list.

Intresting to note (according to UEFA.com) that a player like Cesc is on the B list for Arsenal. I guess this is so they can add an extra player to the A list.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Youth team players basically.

Sinclair can't go on the B list because he has been out on loan, and you have to have been at the club continuously (and he has been out on loan)

that's definitely the rule for club-trained players on the A-list, but i'm not sure that's the case for the B-list Fran. we've got Lee Martin, Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson, Darron Gibson, Fraizer Campbell and David Gray on our B list despite the fact they all went on loan spells last season.

Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Youth team players basically.

Sinclair can't go on the B list because he has been out on loan, and you have to have been at the club continuously (and he has been out on loan)

that's definitely the rule for club-trained players on the A-list, but i'm not sure that's the case for the B-list Fran. we've got Lee Martin, Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson, Darron Gibson, Fraizer Campbell and David Gray on our B list despite the fact they all went on loan spells last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, B-list requires two continuous years from the age of 15 which explains that (i assume Chelsea didn't have Sinclair for two years before he went on loan).

but i'm not sure that's the case for the B-list Fran. we've got Lee Martin, Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson, Darron Gibson, Fraizer Campbell and David Gray on our B list despite the fact they all went on loan spells last season.

They would have been at your club for continusly for the correct amount of years before hand though?

Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">but i'm not sure that's the case for the B-list Fran. we've got Lee Martin, Jonny Evans, Danny Simpson, Darron Gibson, Fraizer Campbell and David Gray on our B list despite the fact they all went on loan spells last season.

They would have been at your club for continusly for the correct amount of years before hand though? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah. i was thrown because it's two years for list B (as opposed to three years for club-trained players on list A). Lee Martin was with us for literally a week over two years before going on loan.

Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Robbie Keane bafflingly claiming Petr Cech is the 2nd best goalkeeper in the world, behind Shay Given ahead of tonight's game.

A statement which in no way could've been biased of course.

I just wonder why he felt the urge to say that. Does he think anyone could take him seriously?

Originally posted by Benoit2:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Robbie Keane bafflingly claiming Petr Cech is the 2nd best goalkeeper in the world, behind Shay Given ahead of tonight's game.

A statement which in no way could've been biased of course.

I just wonder why he felt the urge to say that. Does he think anyone could take him seriously? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think he said that at all. I saw the interview and it was more that he was saying there's no need to fear Cech in goal for them as the Irish is also to lucky to have one of the best keepers in the world.

Don't think he ever said Cech was the best or that Given was better than him.

Can easily see us dropping points today - have been unconvincing all season, were really poor against Villa, and Ballack/Ricky/Didier/Lampard all out, and Blackburn have been playing well and will probably finish in the UEFA spots again this season.

Huge result if we can get a win, hopefully set us up for a good run.

Oh, and Sheva is in the squad and apparently will get minutues, so that'll be interesting.

Team I would like to see:

Cech

Cole

Terry

Alex

Beletti

Cole

Mikel

Essien

Sweep

Malouda

Shevchenko

It's when there are things in favour of a good Blackburn result against a top team that I get nervous. It's when it's unexpected that we pull off the results against top teams. That being said, we did well against you in the FA Cup, and have been in excellent form since then so a draw isn't beyond reach.

I really don't think we'll win though, far better sides have come to the Bridge and lost since José took over. Samba and Roque have been brilliant at set pieces so far, and with Drogba and Lampard out our chances of keeping a clean sheet have improved. So while I don't think we'll win, the way to do it would be to keep a clean sheet and quite possibly score from a set piece.

Rovers almost certain to line up;

Friedel

Emerton - Samba - Nelsen - Warnock

Bentley - Savage - Dunn - Pedersen

Santa Cruz - McCarthy

That's assuming no fresh injuries. Possible that Mokoena is in ahead of Savage, but unlikely.

In closing, me feeling positive is usually a bad sign. 2-0 to Chelsea.

I thought we played quite well, certainly created a fair few chances. I suppose you could say it's Sheva's first game for us this season but he really ought to have been scoring that second header, just before he kicked Samba. Juni summed it up quite well in the match thread, working his nuts off but never worrying anyone. I would've quite liked to see him link up with Pizarro as I think that could work quite well, maybe next week.

Essien was great, as always, I thought Sweep was fairly ineffective as was Malouda. Belletti was a pleasant surprise. Really, really good I thought, up and down the right wing all game, always looking to get forward and support whoever was on the wing. Obviously Blackburn offered pretty much nothing as an attacking force so it wasn't the best test of his defensive ability.

Joe Cole clearly man of the match though. Most of the creativity in our team came from him. He showed he has the skill and flair, combined with the determination and work rate. I don't care if him and Jose have had a tiff, he has to start more often.

Man Utd fans and Mikel again icon14.gif Always provides a giggle.

Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by poyplemonkeys:

Man Utd fans and Mikel again icon14.gif Always provides a giggle.

Only really Herman making a deal of it, and he was a bit crap. QPR fan iirc.

£16m worth a giggle tbf to the others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not the making a deal of it that made me laugh tbf, it's the 'dodged the bullet there' and 'thank f**k we spent that money they gave us on Carrick' style comments that make me laugh.

Just seen another clip of Kalou's disallowed goal. The linesman shoots past the camera well after Belletti plays the ball in, so was horrendously behind the play.

This brings up several points. 1. As he's behind play he is clearly guessing the decision. 2. He should have had a better view by being behind. 3. If the cameraman can keep up with play, why the fcuk can't the lino. 4. Sack the fcuker.

I'm actually devastated about this, even though its been coming I'm still in shock that its happenned.

I guess a part of me is excited at where this could go but dammit, I love Jose, he gave us so much and certain there was a hell of alot more to come given time icon_mad.gif

"There are only two ways for me to leave Chelsea. One way is in June 2010 when I finish my contract and if the club doesn't give me a new one. It is the end of my contract and I am out. The second way is for Chelsea to sack me. The way of the manager leaving the club by deciding to walk away, no chance! I will never do this to Chelsea supporters." - when asked if success in the Carling Cup final might mean the last trophy he would win for Chelsea. (Jose)

Just thought Id bring that up....

This is just what we do ain't it? Ruud, Luca, Claudio, I dont understand what this is all about, since Jose took charge...

2 Premiership titles (one lost by only 6 points)

2 Carling Cups

1 FA Cup

Charity shield (blah!)

Nice one Jose, thanks for everthing!

icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony85:

Any truth in this I wonder?

Mourinho gone?

Betting apparently suspended at SkyBet as well.

Don't believe that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe & weep.

Seriously though, Abramovic has lost the plot IMO finally proving he's as mad as he looks.

Archived