essien_5

Full Name: Giovanni dos Santos

Club: Totteham Hotspur

Value: N/A

Sell Value: N/A

Position: AML, AMR, ST

Screenshot:

dossantosspurs.jpg

My scouts give him 5 stars potential with 'the potential to be a quality player' but his stats don't look great.

As I have never had him before I don't know how good he is?

Plus what is the best position to use him? I currently play 4-3-3 so would he operate well on either wing?

Does anybody perhaps have some screenies of him a few years down the line?

All comments will be appreciated!

i play with spurs, and play him upfront in a 4-4-2 in 1st season, after that he attracts alot of interest, scores alot of goals and gets good ratings, i also played him on the left where he was also good because he has good pace and dribbling.

he would probably be good in a 4-3-3 on the wings. 15m is quite good considering i got 40m for him.

I am Chelsea at the beginning of the 2nd season and he is unhappy at Spurs and transfer listed by request with an asking price of £15.5m. Is he worth this?

You should probably be posting this in the Chelsea Thread, or in the Should I Buy/Sell Thread.

The official threads, all of which are located in the FM09 Links Thread, are there for a reason. Not only because, (in the case of the team threads), people posting in them are usually currently playing with that team, but also because it stops the forum getting clogged up by new and, (no offence intended), pointless threads like this.

It's all well and good opening up a new thread, but all that will happen is that this will get closed as soon as a mod comes along

a very good player but one ive never been able to find a place for in my tottenham teams....

in 3 tottenham games ive played he's had about 12 starts all through 1st season and then sold on for 20 mil + to the likes of real or man city or arsenal even...

i play him left wing in free role, my best player. can sometimes decide big game on himself.

screen of him in my lazio 2014

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4236/11giovanidossantosux2.png

Thanks for the screenie, he looks rather good there. Tottenham ended up dropping the asking price down to £10m so I signed him up. He will start as my backup LW in a 4-3-3 to Guardado.

guardado and him are close to best left wing u can get.

there is one super in porto. an urugayan lw christian rodriguez. those 3 are the best lw u can get in game 9.02 until regens take over.

Guardado is superb, C Rodriguez too.. But Vargas from Fiorentina is a left wing machine :)

There's no point in him really. There's millions of better players in his position. I don't care if he's both-footed his stats are absolutely rubbish.

Nope. i seriously differ. GDS is a very good player even at such young age. meaning you can slot him into the first team straight away. and if you play him consistently he turn out to be one of the best versatile players. at his age he can pickup a few useful preferred move which help a lot too. he might not be the best ML/AML but having the ability to play anywhere across the midfield and at the ST position that make him even more valuable.

• 3 weeks later...

after 2 seasons with leeds i got offered the tottenham job, in all the games iv played so far (about 20) i cant say that i am impressed with him at all, in fact im trying to offload him but nobody wants him... it doesnt't matter where i play him, left wing, striker or worst of all AMC he just doesnt seem to do anything and is always off after around 60 mins

I signed him for Roma on season 10/11 for nothing. He was still under contract at Spuds but they just wanted rid of him so put him on the transfer list for £0!

He only played as a back up winger in my squad and got unsettled very quickly, demanding 1st team football and missing training etc.

So after on season I sold him for about 5 million.

I don't really like signing Spuds players anyway

one of my best transfer dealings in any fm (been playing since (06)

currently playing 09, spurs had him transfer listed in jan first season for, wait for it, 110,000 POUNDS THAT IS ALL

so i snapped him up for villa, then kept him for ages, season 2014 came along and ac milan, inter, liverpool, chelsea, etc etc all interested in him, despite me being top 4 every season and winning the champions league for the past 2 seasons, he wanted to go, therefore went unhappy and i decided time to let him go cause i had cover anyway, so i offered him to clubs around 40mil, got a few offers, rejected, offered 50m, got offers, decided to go one step further and offer at 67million, guess what. ac milan came up and gave me 67million upfront!! and for once my chairmen didnt accept for me

• 2 months later...

Could somebody recommend a good mentor for Dos Santos please?

I'm also after hints on good training schedules for him. He seems to be getting worse on my game. He's coming up to his 21st birthday and I want to try to save him before its too late!

Could somebody recommend a good mentor for Dos Santos please?

I'm also after hints on good training schedules for him. He seems to be getting worse on my game. He's coming up to his 21st birthday and I want to try to save him before its too late!

Just match him to a person of similar personality. What schedule are you using at the moment?

First off, I use him in a 4-2-2-2 formation with 2 wingers (him being one of them), or in 4-3-1-2 with him being the Att Mid behind the front 2 strikers.

I'm using the TT Att Mids (Tugs) Schedule which I slightly adjusted :

DosSantos2.png

I'm wondering if he would be better suited on the TT Wingers schedule for his third season? :

TTwingers.png

He is past his 21st birthday now, its the end of my second season and these are his current stats:

DosSantos1.png

From reading in these forums, I'm not so sure I shouldn't be concentrating on his physical attributes far more while he is still young before getting stuck into his technical stats? As you can see, he is still a weak little boy.

I'm not sure that I'm expecting too much from him too soon. Please bare in mind that my first season, I didn't use any 'well known' schedule. He was running on one I set up and tinkered with without having any real clue what I was doing heh. This is my first FM game, so I've still got ALOT to learn. I'm glad I stumbled into this forum, its helped me out a ton. Thanks for any help :)

Physical attributes take the longest to develop out of the rest but he's never going to be a strong player naturally anyway. For me you don't need his set pieces to be that high you could lower it a little and bring up his attacking and ball control for the winger schedule, just make sure you give him game time and experience.

Thanks for your reply.

I think I left it too late to save him. He is no longer classed as a Wonderkid, hes just a regular Midfielder and to be honest, he is pretty poor. My own fault, I wish I had realised earlier how to deal with his potential. Maybe next game eh! NVM, I have managed to bring a new British wonderkid through now who is starting to perform miracles for me! ;)

In my 1st season I had him as LW for a bit then as a sub most the time, he wasn't anything special. But in the 2nd season he was 1st choice AMC and did really well behind the striker, and now all the big clubs are after him. Cause I did want to sell him he is unhappy, so he's on the bench and my bargain of Anderson for 12m (valued @ 21m) from utd is the main man now for my 3rd season.

• 1 month later...

I bought him in my 9.3 Borussia Dortmund game in January 2009. His stats are low but he is playing well. I retrained him to MC also. He is now able to play the AMR/AML or MC role in my tactics (tylerbode v6 & eagle).

i realised, that he is the kind of player that makes the difference in important games. He often scored the 1:0 in tight and vital games. This makes him very valuable in my eyes.

Archived