FM2009: Official Chelsea Thread - The Brazilian Way

dexta200

160px-Chelsea_crest.svg.png

Welcome to Chelsea Football Club. Nicknamed 'The Blues'

Chelsea are based in West London and founded in 1905. They play in the Premier League and have spent most of their history in the top tier of English football. Chelsea have been English champions three times, and have won the FA Cup four times, the League Cup four times and the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup twice.

Recently Roman Abramovich, a Russian billionaire, has purchased The Blues and transformed them into a title winning side, before Mr. Abramovich came in Chelsea had not won the Premiership since 1955, it was about time!

In 2004 maybe Chelsea's most famous manager Jose Mourinho was hired and won us the title twice, but was eventually sacked/stepped down, which brought Avram Grant into the frame and Chelsea's first ever appearance in the Champions League Final. Unfortunately it didn't end the way it should and still The Blues are yet to win the Big One! Can you be the one to do it?

Club Information

Manager: Luiz Felipe Scolari

Fierce Rivals: Tottenham, Millwall, West Ham

Affiliates: Hapoel Tel-Aviv, Los Angeles Galaxy and Westerlo

Club Legends: Peter Osgood, Gianfranco Zola, Ron 'Chopper' Harris

Clubs Icons: Peter Bonetti, Gianluca Vialli, Dennis Wise, Kerry Dixon, Ron Bentley, John Terry, Charlie Cooke, Steve Clarke, Jose Mourinho, Joe Cole, Marcel Desailly, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Frank Lampard, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Alan Hudson, Bobby Tambling, Colin Pates, Dan Petrescu, Jimmy Greaves, Tore Andre, Flo, Ray Wilkins, John Hollins, David Speedie, Ken Bates, Joey Jones.

Finances: Rich

Media Prediction: 2nd

Club Captain: John Terry

Club Vice-Captain: Frank Lampard

Finances

Estimated Value: 442 Millions Pounds

Balance - 104million Pounds

Transfer Budget - Title Challenge: 30m Winner: 39.5m

Wage Budget - Title Challenge: 1.7m Winner: 1.9m

Stadium

Chelsea play at Stamford Bridge a 41761 all-seater Stadium. Also with top training facilities and good youth facilities and academy, which should be good enough for a few seasons, but with the cash we have I recommend asking to improve the Youth Facilities as soon as they will allow you too.

First Team Squad

GK - Petr Cech, Carlo Cudicini, Hilario

DR - Bosingwa, Paulo Ferreira, Belletti

DL - Ashley Cole, Wayne Bridge

DC - John Terry, Alex

DC - Ricardo Carvalho, Branislav Ivanovic

DM - Michael Essien,Belletti, Mineiro

MC - Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Deco, John Obi Mikel

AMR - Joe Cole

AML - Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou

FC - Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka

In my opinion this is what is needed for the squad to be successful:

Goalkeepers - Cech is one of the best keepers in the game, but the backup is old and not great. Cudicini is 34 will last a season but I would bring in a younger keeper who can sit on the bench and play in cup games. Hilario is pretty terrible for the Premiership so I would sell.

Right Backs - New summer signing Bosingwa looks improved on 09 and looks good enough to play here but doesn't look the best at defending so depending on whether you are playing with attack or defend minded full backs you may want to consider playing Ivanovic here, but overall with the Belletti who looks very good still and Ferreira who I would offload, we are pretty much covered in this area.

Left Backs - Sorted Ashley Cole looks very good and not too old at 27. Wayne Bridge good enough back-up.

Centre Backs - Terry and Carvalho should make a very good pairing, but for some reason in my game Carvalho wants a new challenge after 1 month, so may have to be Terry and Alex who looks decent but not Chelsea standard. So I would recommend bringing in one quality CB and a good prospect aswell.

Defensive Midfielders -. Essien seems to have been given poor technical stats but im sure he will still perform. Belletti if keeping him looks like he would fit in nicely here as backup but at 32 and Mineiro at 32 will definately need a younger player brought in.

Central Midfielders/Attacking Midfielders - All these players could play as a MC or AMC, but i think all but Mikel would be more suited to an attacking role. One problem is Lampard, Deco and Ballack are all over 30 which is a major concern, so definately a young AMC/MC is needed but should be fine for a season or two depending on how stats drop.

Wingers - Probably Chelsea weak point, I felt in the summer we should have signed someone so now is the chance. Malouda and Cole look very good and should do well, Kalou looks good back-up too but not amazing, Scott Sinclair looks rather poor compared to last year but could turn out to be good.

Strikers - Two very good players in Drogba and Anelka, also with young players such as Di Santo and Sahar, could get away with not bringing anyone in, but depending on how good Di Santo turns out, which should be good, a top striker could be needed.

Overview

I know this is my opinion and I'm expecting people to disagree but the main signings needed are:

Back-up Goalkeeper

Young Centre Back with Great Potential

Possibly two Midfielders one with Great Defensive Attributes and one with Great Attacking Attributes, both Youngsters.

World Class Striker

With the 30m budget this could be difficult, but depending on sales i think it is achievable.

Right thats enough of the introduction let's get stuck in guys! Come On You Blues!!

and Gook Luck everyone!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right I have started with Chelsea on the Demo, with Title Challenge set so 30m to spend (my pound sign is not working but once i am at a computer with a working one i will change all the values in opening post but i am working in pounds)

Transfers:

Ins:

Lassana Diarra - 4.5m

Giuseppe Rossi - 9.25m

Sebastian Giovinco - 10m

Miguel Veloso - 12.75m

Marcelo 4.4m

Federico Fazio - 16.75m

Gonzalo Higuain - 8m

Breno - 20m

Macauley Chrisantus - 1.3m

Vincent Enyeama - 210k

Davide Santon - Loan

Outs:

Michael Ballack - 5m

Wayne Bridge - 7.5m

Joe Cole - 11m

Salomon Kalou - 7.5m

Alex - 10m

Ricardo Carvalho 7m

Belletti - 300k Loan

Paulo Ferreira - 300k Loan

Hilario - 975k

then Birdcutt, Magnay and Ferreira also out on loan.

I will just be trying out on Demo then starting again properly on the 14th!!

im struggling to find a decent tactic though. Im not great with them as it is so any help will be great! Thanks.

My Team Is:

GK: Cech

RB: Bosingwa (going forward)

LB: A.Cole (going forward)

CB: Terry & Fazio

CM: Essien (line straight back)

CM: Lampard

AML: Matias Fernandez

AMR: Andrei Arshavin

AMC: Deco/Rossi

ST: Rossi/Anelka

So far, in the premier league:

Played 17, Won 14, Drawn 3, Lost 0

Scored 34 Conceded 3!

Works WELL

My transfers have been:

IN:

Arshavin -£14.5mil

Matias Fernandez - £8.25mil

Enyeama - 60k

Tono - £1.2mil

Rossi - £9.25mil

Federico Fazio - £16.75mil

Lautaro Acosta - £4.75mil

OUT:

Drogba - £20mil

Ballack - £6.75mil

Belletti - £375k (On Loan)

Paulo Ferreira - £325k (On Loan)

Magnay, Bridcutt, Fabio Ferreira all loaned out for free....

Still in search for a CLASS right back! any help?

nice signings mate. looks like alot of people will be going for similar ie rossi, enyeama, fazio etc.

erm right backs, well bosingwa is good enough i think but other options maybe:

Darijo Srna, De Silvestri looks good again, as does Rafinha, or maybe Chretien but tbh i havent seen one better than bosingwa for good value.

how have your players been performing? whos been the best? looks like your doing well,. what team instructions do you use?

Players with a rating of above 7.00 are Matias Fernandez, Ashley Cole, Federico Fazio, John Terry, Arshavin, Lampard, Cech, Deco and Bosingwa!

whereas, those not performing as well are Essien, Mikel, Rossi, Anelka, Di Santo, Joe Cole, Ivanovic

Highest average rating = Matias Fernandez with 7.25 after 20 games... scoring 4 assisting 10! to be honest, thats fairly average compared to him on FM08

Lowest average rating = Nicolas Anelka with 6.70 after 17 (+ 3 sub) games.... scoring 8 assisting 1! fairly poor (hence my acquisition of one Giuseppe Rossi!!

I have gone for a very attacking approach with much creative freedom, but short passing focused down both flanks. In addition i have a fairly pushed up defensive line and very hard tackling (always fun).

Seems to work for me but I do get an awful lot of yellow cards! not surprisingly....

My only weak part of the team is my RB, Bosingwa just is not attacking enough and Ivanovic is fairly poor! think in the future Srna or Sagna will be on my wanted list!

When i do eventually get the full game, my purchases will be a World Class RB, another World Class (young) CB and then more strength on the wings and another class striker!

What do you think?!

My tranfers so far:

(coach reports)

Ins- Balotelli - 11.5m (potential to be quality player)

Giovinco - 6m (isn't far from having....to be better than lampard)

Aguero - 35m (potential to be quality player, a lot better than Anelka)

Feghouli - 2.3m (same as giovinco)

G.Rossi - 8.75m (as good as aguero)

Fausto Rossi - 4.2m (potential to far exceed malouda's current ability)

Srna - 15.75 (a lot better than bosingwa)

Outs- Belletti - 4m

Drogba - 30m

Other minimal sales and loans

AMR - Arshavin! no doubt... 27 years old, £16million, fast and technically gifted!

Try Jesus Navas as well! he is good and he is available for quite cheap i think!!

if not, try Deco there... he gets a lot of assists and goals!! thats only if you are desperate!!

canal sounds good your players are performing foryou. just looked at Anyukov and have to agree he looks immense, better than behrami.

fazio or breno definately recommend for CB's and Carzola for wings, not sure how much he will cost though, then Ballotelli as Striker i think will become best on the game. or one of.

bawbag nice spot mate will have to try this when i start again when game comes out.

mickoblues - not sure about prices but if you can get aguero go for it! i tried Pato but they wouldn't accept 30m so gave up, but Rossi, Ballotelli or Higuain all seem to have alot of potential.

mcd123 - nice signings there mate! 30m for drogba? is that over 24months?

nice price for aguero hows he been for you? That Feghouli looks like a bloody good find! says he could become leading star in prem, but not quite Lamps standard but still I will be looking into him.

hows everyone doing in the league?

After a tactically poor start after reading Rashidi's post in the tactics forum i've made alot of changes to my tactic and gone for a 5-3-2 formation and now im sitting 4th after 7 games with 14 points won 4 drawn 2 lost 1. not too bad only 4 off Arsenal who are top.

Not half as many goals as I would have expected in FM08 but got 21 in 10 games but no one has scored more than 3 for me right now. which isn't great tbh but i've rotated alot especially with all the injuries and 4 strikers its needed but things are looking good. and LOVING THE GAME!!

Ins:

Lassana Diarra - 4.5m

Giuseppe Rossi - 9.25m

Sebastian Giovinco - 10m

Miguel Veloso - 12.75m

Marcelo 4.4m

Federico Fazio - 16.75m

Gonzalo Higuain - 8m

Breno - 20m

Macauley Chrisantus - 1.3m

Vincent Enyeama - 210k

Davide Santon - Loan

Outs:

Michael Ballack - 5m

Wayne Bridge - 7.5m

Joe Cole - 11m

Salomon Kalou - 7.5m

Alex - 10m

Ricardo Carvalho 7m

Belletti - 300k Loan

Paulo Ferreira - 300k Loan

Hilario - 975k

i love to have a young squad. i transfer listed Deco and Anelka but no one bid. I think i will go for a different approach when i get the game though. as my defense is very inexperience with Fazio and Breno but still good.

No stand out performers atm. maybe Marcelo with 7.43 after 7 games, Rossi has been disappointing 1 goal in 10 games. and i see he isn't doing it for you. maybe hes a bargain for a reason lol?

Terry, Malouda, Ivanovic, Breno, Diarra, Giovinco, Drogba, Fazio and Higuain all just over 7 AvR. and

Deco, Anelka, Veloso, Essien, and Manncienne under but only Deco and Anelka rather poor at 6.53 and 6.67

but overall team is trying to gel. but always shooting from distance even with every players long shots at rarely?

to be honest, at the moment all chelsea managers seem to be buying/selling similar players! Carvalho wants to leave.... Alex goes.... Ballack and Bridge both! its easy to make more cash!

and then buying, Fazio is on the top of everyones lists by the looks of things!

woop my 3000th post!

i've just had a look around and i think there is a bit of a bargain in a 12m Release for Diego Capel! i think he will be brilliant. says he had potential to be better than Malouda.

Cazorla for 18.5m says he would be our best winger.

Ashley Young looks good but scout says 21m! and probably more from English clubs.

but the one i would definately go for is

Stevan Jovetic from Fiorentina. Scout says 12.75m and potential to be much better than Malouda and a leading prem star. also at 18 already not far from Maloudas standard. and can also play as a striker. im going to buy him in the game.

dexta good opening thread btw, can i just ask you mate will you be making an oxford thread this year as i thought i should i ask as you made last years one ;) If not, think i might try my hand at it, could be interesting this year

When you start a game as Chelsea, select 'title challenger' and then move money from wages to transfers (+£7.5m) then ask for more wages. Now move this new wage budget across to transfers, then have fun spending your £100m :)

Brilliant! Just done it with Arsenal. Maximum of £92m available.

i bought two Argentines in for my wings (as its only the demo, thought i would try some people out)... Mario Santana and Angel Di Maria! both seem to be doing ok, with Santana having 18 for Crossing, dribbling and corners so at the moment, he is giving me plenty of assists.

Di Maria has played 4 assisted 4 scored 3 with an average rating of 7.45! Paid the remainder of my budget on him... £6.75 million - and originally didnt think he was worth it but Coach Reports say "potential to far exceed Malouda's ability"!!

Check them out....

dexta200. No the 30m was all upfront from Real Madrid. I offered Drogba to clubs for 30m, Arsenal kept coming in at 16.5,which wasn't going to take. Then Real Madrid just put the money on the table and I bit their hand off! I have just started the season and beat Man Utd away 1-0 in the first game. Its a bit annoying that I have so many players at the Olympics at the start of the season but they are coing back now. I heard IRL Chelsea being linked to Feghouli so I checked him out on the demo and bought him for a reasonable price (youngsters seem a lot more expensive this year) and he scored a 35 yarder against benfica pre-season, best goal for me so far and looked mint in 3D.

the wage budget increase thing didnt work for me, I kept getting sacked

offering Carvalho to clubs for 15 mil pounds attrracts a lot of attention, same with offering Ballack around for 7.5 mil pounds and Anelka for 12 pounds (Villarreal bought him after I poached Rossi and Matias Fernandez from them)

I also bought defour for around 9m pounds, he has some brilliant mental stats and looks to be a fantastic MC for the Blues' future

Canal - Santana and Di Maria were good on 08 and look good again, was going to buy Di Maria but went for Giovinco instead.

mcd123 wow im going to try get 30m then lol! looks like your doing aright that Feghouli has some potential!

tgotd haha maybe your doing the transfer thing wrong? defour looks good improvement on last year,.

havent searched for felipe but he will be on full game. Zapata looks brilliant. him Fazio and Breno very good young CB's

i will be bitter if felipe isnt on the full game! he was such a class CB! but still, Fazio and Breno are more than satisfactory replacements!!

as is David Luiz and Papastathopoulos (sp?) and Nicolas N'koulou :thup::thup::thup:

play 4-3-3 with the wingers running in to the strikers position, make attacking, creative freedom much, passing short, tempo qick counter attack defensive line deep, and use playmaker(joe cole, deco, or lampard) on the 08 played 38 won 34, drew 4. BUZZING

i doubt that tactic will work on 09 mate. very different tactically approach needed for this one. well done on going unbeaten though.

yeah is very frustrating Zapata is injured but will just have to get him after it.

Richards looks great tackling on 15 though but im sure once hitting full potential that will go up!

When you start a game as Chelsea, select 'title challenger' and then move money from wages to transfers (+£7.5m) then ask for more wages. Now move this new wage budget across to transfers, then have fun spending your £100m :)

why does this never work for me :S

Cech

De Silvestri Terry Fazio/Zapata A.Cole

Veloso/Diarra Essien

Ballack Deco Lampard

Drogba

I plan to play this for 2-3 seasons, before switching to a formation with wingers, when fausto rossi and saviet become good enough

I have also bought guiseppe rossi, feghouli, giovinco, balotelli, marcelo, chrisantus, enyeama, and criscito

Total Spent:110m Total Recieved: 60m (Carvalho 15, Alex 10, Malouda 10, J.Cole 10, Bridge 7, belleti 4, cudicini 1 and a loan fees for anelka of 4m)

Archived